Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place is a powder keg of racial hatred, the fear and loathing being stoked up by Gove, Johnson, farrage et al.
    They light the fuse and run away.
    And it's a hilariously moronic scatter gun type of racism, poles, Muslim's and French are top of the list while some groups even Africans are for once out of the limelight.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This will have a positive effect for the stay chances surely?
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        Might have been missed with the match on, but a British Labour MP was shot and critically injured by a Leave supporter this afternoon.
        Well she's after dying now so makes it murder. Madness

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-06-16, 17:43.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wow. Norn Iron!
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Chills. That was awesome. We'll done norn

Comment

wow I got that wrong, well done N.I!

Comment

That late goal may make all the difference for them to qualify from 3rd place.

I've a sinking feeling we'll be one of the unlucky two 3rd place teams.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                    Boris and the Donald to control 2 of the largest economies on earth by the end of 2016. I always wondered how the human race would get to a stage where we might go all out nuclear war - this will be it and it will start over how you say potato?
                    In fairness to Boris, he is one seriously intelligent dude

Comment

Game 6 of the NBA finals kicks off at 6pm PST. Should be epic
                      Last edited by pokerhand; 16-06-16, 20:09.
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Betfair on Remain was 1.68 this morning. 1.54 now. And nothing else has happened today to move the prices. That would be mad if that swung it given she had zero connection - really - with the campaign. Although I see someone has edited her wiki to make this posthumously one of her biggest political contributions.

Edit: actually that's fully wrong, she was a long-term campaigner for Britain being in Europe.
                        she was part of the flotilla thing, jesus, the size of her kids
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nick Griffins twitter is pure poison
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            In fairness to Boris, he is one seriously intelligent dude
                            That's one of the great myths of our time.

He certainly has a high IQ and that along with his over privileged upbringing had brought him much farther than he ever should have got. He's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, he couldn't even manage to buy a first at Oxford, and his pisspoor bumbling act no longer disguises his utter nastiness, long discussed by those who have crossed him.
                            As Ogden Nash put it:

Here's a good rule of thumb
                            Too clever is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                              Game 6 of the NBA finals kicks off at 6pm EST. Should be epic
                              Is it not later than that? Think it's 2am here. Prob 6pm west coast?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                Is it not later than that? Think it's 2am here. Prob 6pm west coast?
                                6pm west coast indeed. 5 hours from now. The time difference hard to work out sometimes. Have 5 time zones in my head
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

EURO 2016 -
                                  NI - Delighted for our nearest neighours
                                  NL - I miss them and their incamp fighting
                                  ROI - We can beat Belgium
                                  ENG- they could win it

Hummels is as good as the Kaiser imo

Grand Prix
                                  If any of you are fans this clips is amusing. For the fairweather fan (like me) go to about 4 minutes. (seagull incident) nice comradery between the two. I might just have a wee bet on Seb for one or two upcoming races

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                  Last edited by Solskjaer; 16-06-16, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    she was part of the flotilla thing, jesus, the size of her kids
                                    Never heard of her which is a shame as some of the clips show her as a quite unique lovely person.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        That Norn Ireland thing with God Save the Queen at the beginning and half the players and the manager looking at the ground in embarrassment is awful though. Why would they insist on an anthem that annoys a significant portion of their players and fans? I guess this is a very old argument though.
                                        Still mad that there's 2 Irish teams. If it was based on population size, Germany should have about 25 teams to even things up
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                            Still mad that there's 2 Irish teams. If it was based on population size, Germany should have about 25 teams to even things up
                                            There was originally only 1 team, technically we are the splitters as it happens.

Re the anthems, I have a sneaky feeling it'll change in the next decade when E2 dies.
                                            There'll be a whole debate then in NI about whether they should use God Save The King or take the opportunity to switch to something more neutral.

Also wouldn't also be surprised if Charles himself suggests that a different tune should be used for his reign, which would add to the debate as to what should be used for the England and NI football anthems.

Comment

i have come across a rather deceptive practice by a well known large organisation. I have not been affected much to any extent but combined with others i would imagine it results in a tidy sum for them. I dont have much proof built up either but there terms and conditions do not cover this practice. Whats my play?

A. I complain to there customer service. ( no real benefit for me)
                                              B. I complain to some standards watchdog ( no real benefit for me)
                                              C. I expose this deceptive practice practice and make them change ( noble but no benefit)

Id keep stum for some hush money but dont know if opening this convo will have me done for blackmail It would be in their interests if current practice was to continue. legally might be ok, reputation wise different story.

Comment

Wow... What a game! Fully delivered on epicness. LeBron showing why he is the best. What an amazing consistent performance that was.

We have a game 7

Can't fuckin wait!!!

Comment

There was also an insane alley oop by LeBron in game 6 that is well worth googling if the link doesn't work.

Last edited by pokerhand; 17-06-16, 07:15.

Comment

Ah yes, off to Germany for the nerd version of the Euros

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      There was originally only 1 team, technically we are the splitters as it happens.

Re the anthems, I have a sneaky feeling it'll change in the next decade when E2 dies.
                                                      There'll be a whole debate then in NI about whether they should use God Save The King or take the opportunity to switch to something more neutral.

Also wouldn't also be surprised if Charles himself suggests that a different tune should be used for his reign, which would add to the debate as to what should be used for the England and NI football anthems.
                                                      Serious question do you think the neutral Anthem would have had more legs if it wasn't Danny Boy that they previously used. Its a grand tune if you are into that type of music but a bit misty eyed instead of inspiring\intimidating.

Flower of Scotland and Land of our Fathers are the 2 previous break aways. Flower of Scotland is a great Anthem written for the job, Land of our fathers has a bit of Welsh history. Danny Boy is a ballad basically and you need something rousing and warlike to sing before sporting events or make you look important on a state visit.

The obv choice is the Rick James B side unity - guys up north need a bit of funk, good vibes and to not take things so seriously

Comment

They could sing the holdie hands song the fuckin rugby use

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          They could sing the holdie hands song the fuckin rugby use
                                                          don't they use that for you guys? Pretty sure it was Ireland's call for the Euro game this week

Comment

The gimpy rugby song talks about the 4 corners of Ireland, and the Provinces all together.

Doubt the Nordies would be too keen on that, would be like swinging from GSTQ to the hold other end of the spectrum!

Comment

meatloaf collapsed on stage last night
                                                              Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Football Hooligan Children#sketchcomedy #comedy #football Foil Arms and HogSUBSCRIBE: http://www.youtube.com/foilarmsandhogLIVE SHOWS: http://www.foilarmsand...

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                  i have come across a rather deceptive practice by a well known large organisation. I have not been affected much to any extent but combined with others i would imagine it results in a tidy sum for them. I dont have much proof built up either but there terms and conditions do not cover this practice. Whats my play?

C. I expose this deceptive practice practice and make them change ( noble but no benefit)

Id keep stum for some hush money but dont know if opening this convo will have me done for blackmail It would be in their interests if current practice was to continue. legally might be ok, reputation wise different story.
                                                                  C. Expose them here and we'll all jump on board to get them named and shamed on socail media. Not much else to do today.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                    don't they use that for you guys? Pretty sure it was Ireland's call for the Euro game this week
                                                                    I assume you are joking?

That has never been played at a football match.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      I assume you are joking?

That has never been played at a football match.
                                                                      really? i was genuinely convinced that was played in the ireland sweden game. my mistake if not.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                        The good old free market doing some number on bin charges.
                                                                        What are they doing?
                                                                        I thought the plan was to charge by weight for non recyclables

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          What are they doing?
                                                                          We have been PBW for the last 10 years at least, around 400/year.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

really? i was genuinely convinced that was played in the ireland sweden game. my mistake if not.
                                                                            SA game last week maybe ?
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

What are they doing?
                                                                              Standing charges have doubled in lots of cases.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                SA game last week maybe ?
                                                                                yeah, was thinking that's where i made the mistake, but was sure my son was singing the anthem and i didn't watch the rugby with him.

Comment

His best one yet

Wales v England

Comment

yeah, was thinking that's where i made the mistake, but was sure my son was singing the anthem and i didn't watch the rugby with him.
                                                                                    Probably just taunting you since Ireland are shaping up to be a much better side then France next year as we start to play guys in there preferred positions.

Fair play to him for starting the wind up so far in advance of the 6 nations.

Comment

What are they doing?
                                                                                      All sending out hand wringing emails about how the government are bringing in minimum prices and sure what can we do while doubling the standing charge and jacking PBW charges up to ~4X the mandated minimums.

You will be engaging in more rants about cunts dumping their rubbish on the side of your road in the future I suspect.

Comment

What's the logic in a Government setting a price floor for the bins btw?

Comment

What are they doing?
                                                                                          So the bin guys would have a scales on the back of the truck? That is madness and the pay for the bag approach is the only way to go.

I also think that recycling should be free.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            I think it's part of the move towards the 'polluter pays' policy. So it's 'forcing' companies to charge people by how much waste they produce rather than having flat fees, but the companies have used it as a laughably transparent excuse to jack up the prices for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                              Do they own the landfills ?
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

What are they doing?
                                                                                                It is but at a much higher rate than before.
                                                                                                Minimum pricing was brought in.
                                                                                                The charges set out were as follows:
                                                                                                11 cent for a black bin for residual waste
                                                                                                6 cent for the brown bin for organic waste
                                                                                                zero cent per kilogram for green bins.
                                                                                                Now there is no max so the companys can basically charge what they like.

There depending on company is a lift charge a yearly charge and a weight per kg charge.
                                                                                                Im with greyhound shower of scumbags .
                                                                                                Gone from 50 a year to 3 euro a week over trebling.
                                                                                                When bin service was privatised people were told only ever be 2 euro a week maybe 3.
                                                                                                They a private company got a green light to gouge when you have a basic monopoly that's what they are going to do.

I think it will cause a huge increase in illegal dumping which is rife as it is.
                                                                                                Alan Kelly the buffoon said he never thought companys would take advantage the dogs on the street knew we customers would get fucked.
                                                                                                Kenny and that other Gowl Francis Fitzgerald say its not right but have no solution.
                                                                                                She said they would be brought into explain themselves? And legislation would be put in place if they were exploiting it.

Naieve people also think if irish water is privatised that the price wll be reasonable it will be like refuse and sky rocket.

Comment

So the bin guys would have a scales on the back of the truck? That is madness and the pay for the bag approach is the only way to go.

they already have a scales on the back of the truck

I get a statement telling me exactly how much waste was in each lift

Comment

'Gowl'

what a great word

Comment

Think it still is. Def with Thorntons anyway. "For now" has been said with regards to it being free.

Comment

I have a huge diverse amount of birds in the back garden from throwing all the food waste out.
                                                                                                        A brown bin full of food waste weighs about 50 -60 kgs.
                                                                                                        Downside might attract rats and clothes on the line get shat on a lot.
                                                                                                        Upside birdies get fed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                          Naieve people also think if irish water is privatised that the price wll be reasonable it will be like refuse and sky rocket.
                                                                                                          Regulated market. CER has to authorise any and all price increases for utilities in Ireland.

Any private company could only increase charges if the CER deemed it a fair increase.

Comment

Recycling is still done arse ways in this country.
                                                                                                            In the late 90s lived in Holland if you bought a 1litre of coke 33% would be the cost of the bottle a hard plastic one or glass.
                                                                                                            You simple waited till you had a few and returned them to the shop and got a money voucher.
                                                                                                            Same with a crate of beer 3 empties got a free one.
                                                                                                            Met a local publican last week in galway and he had about 500 bottles throwing the into a bottle bank surely should be able to give back to the company.
                                                                                                            We have improved but still long way to go with environment.

Comment

In the late 90s lived in Holland if you bought a 1litre of coke 33% would be the cost of the bottle a hard plastic one or glass.
                                                                                                              You simple waited till you had a few and returned them to the shop and got a money voucher.
                                                                                                              Met a local publican last week in galway and he had about 500 bottles throwing the into a bottle bank surely should be able to give back to the company.
                                                                                                              That was still very much the case in 2006 too.

I remember at the campsite in Amsterdam a completely unconnected guy would turn up each morning scouring the site trying to clean up the bottles left behind by any dopes. Was getting at least 25c per bottle if I remember correctly.

Also got plastic crates of Heineken instead of boxes, €2.50 for the crate and you could just keep it or return it after. Made it really easy to actually keep the empties!

Comment

Rubbish

Comment

Never paid for bins, what price are they? Monthly bill?

Comment

Publicans do get money back on recyclables but only specific types.
                                                                                                                    Bottles such as Budweiser, Heineken, Carlsberg, Bulmers etc which arrive in hard plastic crates are different to those which arrive in cardboard boxes. The ones which arrived in the plastic crates can be returned in those crates for money back.
                                                                                                                    If you looked at Budweiser bottles one from the crate and one from a cardboard box, they're noticeably different.

Comment

With all the drool around its nice to see a flag that works.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post

Or option D) - Your perception about the 'wrong' is actually incorrect. You spill, they shackle you with Defamation award and legal costs for rest of your life.

Comment

I'd be worried about the peace process if NI adopted Ireland's call

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X