• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    over 6 @ 8/11 is buying money surely
    france -3 corners too
    maybe not
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The ridiculous format of the tournament doesn't really lend itself to urgency or big teams being bothered, far to east to qualify for the next round.

Two weeks of football to lose 8 of the 24 teams is silly.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        The ridiculous format of the tournament doesn't really lend itself to urgency or big teams being bothered, far to east to qualify for the next round.

I dont think that is the issue with France though.

Comment

That baldy Albanian center half is doing great stuff, the right full too.

Comment

International teams are set up a lot better these days tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
              I dont think that is the issue with France though.
              Good few of them playing well within themselves imo. Their cause also not helped by the fact neither French strikers who started the Champions League final are on the pitch.
              Profit before people.

Comment

God we suck.

Typical French manager bullshit, tournament has already started yet still hasn't decided how and who he wants to play. So annoying especially considering the depth of the squad

Comment

Good few of them playing well within themselves imo. Their cause also not helped by the fact neither French strikers who started the Champions League final are on the pitch.
                  Very similar performance to last week when they had a stronger team out though. I personally think they are playing within themselves because they are not handling the occasion. I take your point in relation to some of the other big teams though.

Comment

Phew.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      God we suck.

Typical French manager bullshit, tournament has already started yet still hasn't decided how and who he wants to play. So annoying especially considering the depth of the squad
                      Ah he knows his team, just thought Albania wouldnt be string enough IMO. Pretty naive but France will come good. Through now, no pressure in last game and they should come alive.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                        Ah he knows his team, just thought Albania wouldnt be string enough IMO. Pretty naive but France will come good. Through now, no pressure in last game and they should come alive.
                        You're most likely right, but his forward selections are still suspect imo

Payet is certainly proving to be our mvp

Comment

Feel sorry for west ham fans
                          SPOILER
                          actually no I dont

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            You're most likely right, but his forward selections are still suspect imo

Payet is certainly proving to be our mvp
                            Even when he's bad he produces something. Special little player.i fnhe has another good season he'll go for zillions.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Tea, milky bar and mc coys flame grilled steak 4 T m8s.

Comment

Comment

More cringe from man u.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                      WTF - what % of the people in that club do you think were pro 2nd Amendment?
                                      Meant in the context of the nation finding itself in a 'gun crisis' rather than any particular case. This one is particularly harrowing but these things don't happen by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        You'd have some profit if you'd backed every game to be 0-0 at half time.
                                        I'm martingaling the 0-0 FT again, going to be quids in any day now.

Comment

I actually thought Dmitri Payet was Bulgarian until some time in February .
                                          Such a wonderful player, must be difficult to be a West Ham fan and be torn between revelling in his brilliance and also wanting him to calm the fuck down before he takes the tournament over.

Comment

We got a refreshingly different qualification phase which kept teams involved who would normally be dead by GW7 (and some of them ended up eventually qualifying), and from next weekend we'll get an extra 8 knockout games.

Like theres no doubt that the 24->16 phase we are currently in is flawed, but I really think the overall effect is positive.

Comment

Weirdly positioned wine shop in CDG airport - its way way after you've checked in your bags, gone to departures, navigated 3 layers of frisky security and passport control etc.
                                              So you kind of mentally think you are in the home&hosed area where anything you buy can be brought onto the plane, and you just might be tempted by a €30 bottle of decent wine. But sadly about 200 metres beyond this shop you have to go through the 100ml liquid checkpoint where young whippersnappers delight in telling you have to throw away half the contents of your bag.
                                              Thankfully I only bought a bottle of water (for a scandalous price) that was taken off me, but seemed a mental setup altogether. Unless they courier the wine over to your home address or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                Weirdly positioned wine shop in CDG airport - its way way after you've checked in your bags, gone to departures, navigated 3 layers of frisky security and passport control etc.
                                                So you kind of mentally think you are in the home&hosed area where anything you buy can be brought onto the plane, and you just might be tempted by a €30 bottle of decent wine. But sadly about 200 metres beyond this shop you have to go through the 100ml liquid checkpoint where young whippersnappers delight in telling you have to throw away half the contents of your bag.
                                                Thankfully I only bought a bottle of water (for a scandalous price) that was taken off me, but seemed a mental setup altogether. Unless they courier the wine over to your home address or something.
                                                If it's anything like the US, they will bag it up (the shop) and bring it to your flight gate.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

That's the sort of thing I was thinking of. It's existence proves I should be on the campaign trail writing this stuff for them. Doesn't have the same zing without the John Cleese at the helm, I imagine that he was the first choice, but had a look at his twitter there and looks like he pro-leave.

A part of me is hoping he is playing the long con to getting in from of a camera with Eric Idle and kick into the live sketch

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                    If it's anything like the US, they will bag it up (the shop) and bring it to your flight gate.
                                                    Now that actually makes sense. When I bought the 1L of water there was some sort of 'broken English/banjaxed French' conversation that in hindsight may have been suggesting the water got sent ahead of me but I clearly got the wrong end of le stick totally.
                                                    Only when you get to France that you realise how wrongly optimistic that "leaving cert French will get me understood and somewhat appreciated and I'll be easily able to follow what they are saying" is.

Comment

How did the England layover go AJ

Comment

I'd imagine they bag it up in a sealed duty free bag that is exempt from the restriction. No different to any other duty free situation.

Have to watch connected flights though. Depending on which route I fly home, I'm sometimes not allowed to carry-on liquids, regardless of sealed bags. Via Abu Dhabi was one where I was refused at the till in Dublin. And another time, I was refused as it was a double stop over flight. They said it could be taken off me the second airport, which was CDG as it happens, as my receipt/boarding pass would say Syd-Singapore.

Comment

How did the England layover go AJ
                                                          Twas alright in fairness - though only the sort of thing you could do on the 'out' leg (always get the best timed and most direct return flight would be key advice from me).

Comment

Twas alright in fairness - though only the sort of thing you could do on the 'out' leg (always get the best timed and most direct return flight would be key advice from me).
                                                            Hope you're enjoying France m8.

One time a fucking big result on Saturday so we can all enjoy it.

One fucking time.

Comment

From AirFrance website:

FLIGHT WITH NO CONNECTIONS You can purchase duty-free liquids in any airport or on board, as long as they remain in a sealed plastic bag. You must keep the receipt and make sure it is clearly displayed inside the sealed bag. The receipt must list the airport or airline company through which your purchase was made.

That said, staff could be running a con where you have to ask specifically for the sealed bag. If you don't get it, security take it off anyone in a rush and send it back to the shop. Splitting the €30 between them.
                                                              Airport staff, take note

Comment

Hope you're enjoying France m8.

One time a fucking big result on Saturday so we can all enjoy it.

One fucking time.
                                                                I'm back in Dublin since the afternoon, never managed to get a ticket for Bordeaux game, just the Sweden game. (Went to Croatia/Turkey as well which was decent enough).
                                                                Must re-check the figures but thinks its my 9th away game and have definitely never seen a win (mostly underdog or flip games in my defence).

Comment

I'm back in Dublin since the afternoon, never managed to get a ticket for Bordeaux game, just the Sweden game. (Went to Croatia/Turkey as well which was decent enough).
                                                                  Must re-check the figures but thinks its my 9th away game and have definitely never seen a win (mostly underdog or flip games in my defence).
                                                                  Heh, sure we've beaten England, Italy and Saudis at tournament football and sweet fuck all big teams away in qualifying. Still sounds good.

First to beat England in England though, I think?

Comment

First to beat England in England though, I think?
                                                                    Yeah we were, a few years after WW2.

The story about being the first team to give germany a friendly German after WW2, and hence the green strip is a myth however.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                        Sent from my Lenovo using Google Chrome

Comment

Was thinking about the last man standing there. I was contemplating not running it as I never really kept track of the money and got lazy , but now have another idea.

Everyone pays 5x€10(or however many you want to enter in the year) and they start on gameweek 1/8/15/22/29, also have a €50/100 option too with like 1 extra life or 1 option for a draw for the degens among us. Money kept in escrow with one of the mods as I'd probably drunk spunk it sometime but I'd sort it so ye can pay with most stuff.

Thoughts? Fuck Portugal.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                            Was thinking about the last man standing there. I was contemplating not running it as I never really kept track of the money and got lazy , but now have another idea.

Everyone pays 5x€10(or however many you want to enter in the year) and they start on gameweek 1/8/15/22/29, also have a €50/100 option too with like 1 extra life or 1 option for a draw for the degens among us. Money kept in escrow with one of the mods as I'd probably drunk spunk it sometime but I'd sort it so ye can pay with most stuff.

Thoughts? Fuck Portugal.
                                                                            Run it pass us again when sober please as haven't a clue how what you're proposing works.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Seems mad, but leave looking like valoo for brexit.

Comment

If Brexit played the "fix your shit and we will think about rejoining" card for the fence sitters, they would walk it!

Comment

Never embraced the Euro did they , always keeping one toe in the exit door. Watching a debate on TV and yer average John Bull head were outnumbered by immigrants or sons of. Kind of ironic listening to broken English calling for an exit.

Also people stop saying 'so fun'. When did this start ?

Comment

Jesus Wept.. Ffs.

Friends status on fb

This status is applicable to all the small minded, begrudging, narrow minded jealous Irish members of society that have nothing better to do with their lives only net peck at me with stupid gibberish talk. Speak something intelligent about me giving my academic and intelligent mind frame. Sometimes I am ten minutes late to collect my son like many other parent's by the WAY. He is not outside the school gate desolate. He is with his competent teachers inside. My son Gary has a high level of numeracy and literacy due to my tesahing him to a high standard not that it matter's but I am reiterating this to show the small minded people. Gary my son is the best nurtured child both mentally an physically due to what i nurture him with everyday. Foreign holidays you name it Jesus provides all for us why becase we respect Jesus. Thank God. Miss Le Meas. Have an Exceedingly, Super, Abundant Blessed day with Jesus. He rocks. :-) XXX
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I'm going to be in London for a few days next week.

This will be me at passport control on Friday trying to leave...

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                        I'm going to be in London for a few days next week.

This will be me at passport control on Friday trying to leave...

They aren't really going to do it ... are they?

Genuine chaos if they do vote leave.

Cameron and Osborne will in an untenable position but an election would be suicide for Tory majority, nonetheless Boris will force the issue.
                                                                                        Sturgeon will move for another Scotland referendum and begin process of applying to stay in EU, SF will do something similar and their probably start a new border campaign.
                                                                                        Parliament will not pass the laws required to leave until either second 'are you really sure you actually want to do this' vote. Boris will jump up and down shouting about defying will of the people but once he actually gets the job hes after he won't want to leave either.

Meanwhile an Eastern European woman who has worked in this office for ten years and is in hospital after major surgery is having her benefits cut off after just 4 weeks because she is not British.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I saw 'Vote Remain' ads in Dublin Airport arrivals yesterday.
                                                                                          Kind of clever as any UK-ers who see it are by definition travelling at the time and it might remind them of what they could lose.
                                                                                          But also a sign that Remain must be very concerned if they are paying money for ads in other countries (presumably more than just Dublin).

Close to a flip in the market now, 4/6 Remain and 11/8 Leave the best prices, Leave was ~4/1 a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            They aren't really going to do it ... are they?

Genuine chaos if they do vote leave.

Cameron and Osborne will in an untenable position but an election would be suicide for Tory majority, nonetheless Boris will force the issue.
                                                                                            Sturgeon will move for another Scotland referendum and begin process of applying to stay in EU, SF will do something similar and their probably start a new border campaign.
                                                                                            Parliament will not pass the laws required to leave until either second 'are you really sure you actually want to do this' vote. Boris will jump up and down shouting about defying will of the people but once he actually gets the job hes after he won't want to leave either.

Meanwhile an Eastern European woman who has worked in this office for ten years and is in hospital after major surgery is having her benefits cut off after just 4 weeks because she is not British.
                                                                                            The people are pissed off with the current world order and want chaos. They will get it.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                              Jesus Wept.. Ffs.

Friends status on fb

This status is applicable to all the small minded, begrudging, narrow minded jealous Irish members of society that have nothing better to do with their lives only net peck at me with stupid gibberish talk. Speak something intelligent about me giving my academic and intelligent mind frame. Sometimes I am ten minutes late to collect my son like many other parent's by the WAY. He is not outside the school gate desolate. He is with his competent teachers inside. My son Gary has a high level of numeracy and literacy due to my tesahing him to a high standard not that it matter's but I am reiterating this to show the small minded people. Gary my son is the best nurtured child both mentally an physically due to what i nurture him with everyday. Foreign holidays you name it Jesus provides all for us why becase we respect Jesus. Thank God. Miss Le Meas. Have an Exceedingly, Super, Abundant Blessed day with Jesus. He rocks. :-) XXX
                                                                                              I hope poor Gary is better educated than she is.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                The people are pissed off with the current world order and want chaos. They will get it.
                                                                                                I find myself saying this more and more
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

At this stage I'll be very surprised if the UK don't vote to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    At this stage I'll be very surprised if the UK don't vote to leave.
                                                                                                    I think a large part of the problem is that Cameron is the face of the stay campaign and the army of academics, scientists, economists etc who should be the overall voice of the stay campaign can get away from his wibbly faced shadow

Comment

The good old free market doing some number on bin charges.

Comment

Game on

Edit - Hart dafuq

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                            Conor Murray boom then Bale (with goalie assist) boom. In Sporting heaven at the moment. All I need now is a Russian victory, need to send the yobs home even if it is the minority.

So far in the Euros the goalies have been poor. Over to you LolHart.
                                                                                                            Lolhart

Comment

...

Comment

Bales

Comment

Great subs tbf.

Comment

To do well in Europe you need to reject sterling.

Comment

Might have been missed with the match on, but a British Labour MP was shot and critically injured by a Leave supporter this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        I find myself saying this more and more
                                                                                                                        People can be perfectly intelligent until they are put into a group thinking herd mentality at which point they become as dumb as the lowest IQ in the group. Elections and votes seem to always be fought on getting to the lowest common denominator and going for it.

Brexit campaign is a combination of how dare the EU say how we spend our money, the EU is stealing our money and the only people interested in staying the EU are the prick bankers in the City - dont let those prick bankers have their way anymore and floods of cash will go from Chelsea to Bolton overnight.

I think the remain side didn't really expect to need to make an argument to stay and are now wondering how to get to the simplest fuck the fat cats message they can once Brexit stole the city boy message.

Boris and the Donald to control 2 of the largest economies on earth by the end of 2016. I always wondered how the human race would get to a stage where we might go all out nuclear war - this will be it and it will start over how you say potato?

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X