$21.5k locked up, and $438k FTW.

Some good players still left.

TID Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      What has the bint done now?

b.
      This at a guess.

One poster appreciated the post though it seems.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Irish U-20 try against Wales the other day is rugby.

Last edited by CHDad; 09-06-16, 00:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Genuinely shocked.

I thought ye were a real software house. Then you are in the business of killing the end users aren't you

Really good posts on Google and the election though.
          Considering my end user is going to be Hilary or Donald...

When I press tab four spaces are entered instead, just python coding standards. Tabs and spaces do not play well together, rather annoying. I would rather tab however the python lord has spoken

Thus spake the Lord: Thou shalt indent with four spaces. No more, no less. Four shall be the number of spaces thou shalt indent, and the number of thy indenting shall be four. Eight shalt thou not indent, nor either indent thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to four. Tabs are right out. -- Georg Brandl

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            PokerPiper 7/15 in WSOP Event #6

$21.5k locked up, and $438k FTW.

Some good players still left.

TID Tim!
            5 left. $106k min.

Fergal railing on twitter @midnitekowby

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              5 left. $106k min.

Fergal railing on twitter @midnitekowby
              Reports say 4 left now?
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                Reports say 4 left now?
                Tim bust in 5th

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  That boards Niamh one is another enormous prick.
                  Baffled at their decision making on this one tbh. Normally when such a fuss is presented with sound reasoning they reverse whatever mad path they were on. Her post yesterday morning defined 'condescending' and 'disconnected' imo.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Yep he's gone
                    2016 47th Annual World Series of Poker
                    Event #6: $1500 No-Limit Hold'em
                    $1,500 buy-in 6/6/2016 5th $106,115

That site is awful btw. Forcing a linked sign in through google/facebook
                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 09-06-16, 06:56.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Congrats to him, that's a savage result
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Great result for Gentleman Tim

Comment

Wsop16

Super result Tim wp

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                              Baffled at their decision making on this one tbh. Normally when such a fuss is presented with sound reasoning they reverse whatever mad path they were on. Her post yesterday morning defined 'condescending' and 'disconnected' imo.
                              Most every post I see from her is full of contempt for the sort of weirdos who would have message board accounts. A right smarmy prick.

It's like they decided to do an experiment and hire a person with the opposite of the qualities you would want in a community manager, then forget about it and never checked how she was carrying on.

On the decision making itself, they must be desperate for cash. Bad signs.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    link to relevant thread? have been there maybe five times in five years, but still a fan of a bit of boards outrage

and

First fall of Rome thread here:

Comment

Jesus, and we think we talk about shite over here.

At least I learned this: RasTa is still alive!
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Just signed up to Healthwave. I hope it's as beneficial to me as others have said on Boards. Anyone here have any experience with it?

Comment

Comment

@Hitch, paper bills can suck a dick. I've moved phone companies after they sent me a paper copy of an online bill after I'd explicitly told them no more fucking paper. Virgin Media now supply my broadband, and after getting everything changed to paperless about 3 seconds after signing up, they have started to send me a 'unique offer' letter each month trying to get me to sign up for another phone. Enraging.

@Lloyd, superb thanking.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                  @Hitch, paper bills can suck a dick. I've moved phone companies after they sent me a paper copy of an online bill after I'd explicitly told them no more fucking paper. Virgin Media now supply my broadband, and after getting everything changed to paperless about 3 seconds after signing up, they have started to send me a 'unique offer' letter each month trying to get me to sign up for another phone. Enraging.

@Lloyd, superb thanking.
                                                  Bank occasionally send emails about security, if someone calks claiming to be us, don't give out details on phone etc

Said same bank ring me about every 6 weeks with a service survey or the likes asking for details

When I refuse and mention the emails the line goes quiet and then they try to talk me around

"You would say that if you were a scammer"

Last one hung up on me before we even got that far

Was in high St bank the other day to sort something and mentioned it to the manager I was dealing with and she pissed herself, told me its become a running joke

Tl;dr I'm a prick

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                    If you break one of your toes is there any real point going to the doctor? pretty sure I broke mine there but just thinking they'll put a little stint and plaster on it and that's all
                                                    Yes they will splint it for you so it set correctly and xray it to make sure there are no bone fragments floating round.

Go to the rapid injury clinic in Smithfeild - attached to the matter but you will be in and out in an hour. Usually have a physio in there who will sort out the splint but ask for a referral to Occupational Therapy for the splint if it is in anyways big or they decide to cast your whole foot.(it happens apparently)

Comment

@. Virgin Media now supply my broadband.
                                                      What do you do to circumvent their blocking of various sites running on cloudfare, in particular that link OPR found for me yesterday?
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's either very misty along the seafront in Dublin or orcs are going to attack us at any moment.

Comment

What do you do to circumvent their blocking of various sites running on cloudfare, in particular that link OPR found for me yesterday?
                                                          VPN

Comment

Just arrived in Benalmadena for a stag. Posting while possible.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              It's either very misty along the seafront in Dublin or orcs are going to attack us at any moment.
                                                              Thought I was working in The Crimson Permanent Assurance building when I looked out the windows last night.

Comment

Comment

To save you all - I googled this and it is indeed a real place.
                                                                  Costa del crime innit!

Comment

Playing Carton House O'Meara. Work golf is great.
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      Just arrived in Benalmadena for a stag. Posting while possible.
                                                                      Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                      Cunts.

Wife just gone off down the country for a family funeral & wont be back till Saturday evening.

Sink or swim times with two screaming, teething, shitting machines of babies for me....

I was supposed to be away myself this weekend too

Comment

Nada.

I wouldn't download a car.

Comment

Nada.

An old theme and all but on this:

Guitar bands more middle class and bland than ever

Nobody (% wise) writing books/plays from a street perspective anymore

Young actors almost entirely middle class and up now

Films for general release mostly blockbusters or dumb comedies

Comedians etc selling their shows directly to Netflix etc as only guaranteed source of income

Courses in the arts almost entirely privileged kids now
                                                                          (Partly to do with fees, partly to do with no money in arts)

People still complain about the above while helping cause it!

Venues not suddenly seeing queues down the road for every show as is given as an excuse for downloading

Tl;Dr Downloading a car would do less harm

I'm out for the day, so not ignoring any replies, just...

*it will all figure itself out eventually but gonna be a bit samey for a while until it does
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 09-06-16, 12:58. Reason: *

Comment

Loved this trackback in the day

‘The song still follows me around. There’s a beer named after it now – and a loaf of bread’

20 years old ffs

Comment

How much to get CHD his own boards forum?

Comment

Guitar bands more middle class and bland than ever
                                                                                Most British guitar bands from the 60's onwards came out of art colleges and polytechnics. Middle class guitar bands are not a new thing.
                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Doubt they have the funds to pay me m8

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                    I need to give golf a proper go. I seem to miss out on so many work golf trips!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                      I need to give golf a proper go. I seem to miss out on so many work golf trips!
                                                                                      but it's.....golf....

elbows is currently looking like this:

Comment

Nada.

3d Printers may in time make you regret this rash statement.

Comment

Downloading a car would be handy out in all fairness.

Comment

So France is piling high with garbage all over the cities one day before the start of the Euros. Surely this makes the terrorism threat even more real if you've got bin bags piling up on streets everywhere. pretty easy at any time to stick a few bombs in bin liners all over France to go off all at the same time just when the streets will be at the busiest.

Can't stand the French Unions but Hollande is an absolute tool for releasing the labour law amendments days before the tournament. They will hang him by the balls, and he's going to crumble and give in like a little bitch. what an absolutel tool.

If bombs go off, blame the unions

Comment

massive ruling here. How forced is the govt's hand now to change the law, ie can they just ignore the ruling?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rights-says-un

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                massive ruling here. How forced is the govt's hand now to change the law, ie can they just ignore the ruling?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rights-says-un
                                                                                                Not a massive ruling. Non-binding. It binds the state internationally not internally. Ireland likely won't compensate her because they know what comes next from that. She cannot enforce the ruling here and the UN has no mechanism to compel Ireland either.
                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                  Not a massive ruling. Non-binding. It binds the state internationally not internally. Ireland likely won't compensate her because they know what comes next from that. She cannot enforce the ruling here and the UN has no mechanism to compel Ireland either.
                                                                                                  will it help to put the wheels in motion for a referendum or does it carry no weight whatsoever?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                    will it help to put the wheels in motion for a referendum or does it carry no weight whatsoever?
                                                                                                    They've told us to reform our abortion laws at least once every year since 2014 to allow for voluntary abortions. The EU at least recognises that this is an issue for us to decide ourselves. The UN is a talking shop with no power that just likes to push its own agenda. I happen to agree, broadly, with its current agenda but it's a completely toothless organisation.

Incidentally Peru had a similar ruling made against it in different circumstances a few years back and it decided to pay the woman. Although in that instance there was far less chance of a massive flood of claims on the back of it.
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

3 out of 4 defendents found guilty in Anglo/IrishPerm 'loan to coverup' case --- Hopefully sign of our increasing ability to see the wrong that unchecked white collar 'experts' can do.

As to likely sentences ....

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post

revised tee times probably.
                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                          3 out of 4 defendents found guilty in Anglo/IrishPerm 'loan to coverup' case --- Hopefully sign of our increasing ability to see the wrong that unchecked white collar 'experts' can do.

if any of them does 12 months in the clink, I'll be amazed

Casey is a nasty piece of work by all accounts

Comment

...

Comment

Is this all building up to a grand public hanging of Sean Fitzpatrick or is he off the hook?

He wasn't actually involved in day-to-day operations, so hard to see what he would be guilty of except for being a bad board member which is hardly a crime.

The people being convicted are those who made the actual decisions seemingly.

Never really got how he was so singled out.
                                                                                                              he was chairman - and, ahem, heavily involved in all operational matters - at the time

i.e. to put it in pictorial form, he was this guy:

Comment

Hitch - you might want to read up on what Sean FitzPatrick is actually being tried for.

It's mainly for issues around his own personal financial dealings iirc.

Comment

Just got a back tooth out. Need periodontal treatment 1200 quid. Braces 2/3 k. And down the line two implants 6k. Maybe should have kept the qashqai

Came home from work starving and the other half had cooked up spare ribs ffs

I'll have a vino instead
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Is this all building up to a grand public hanging of Sean Fitzpatrick or is he off the hook?

He wasn't actually involved in day-to-day operations, so hard to see what he would be guilty of except for being a bad board member which is hardly a crime.

The people being convicted are those who made the actual decisions seemingly.

Never really got how he was so singled out.
                                                                                                                    wtf? you don't think he signed off on flouting capital adequacy ratios, dangerous exposure to the building sector etc. etc. on top of the massive off book loans to himself and his cronies to buy more shares in the bank?

that's all i remember but i'm sure he is guilty of far more crimes than that. of course he should hang!

Comment

Golf was great. Now enjoying a cold pint. All on company time.
                                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Cities: Skylines was €9 on Steam. Between that and work I've lost the last few days. Any bantor?
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          Cities: Skylines was €9 on Steam. Between that and work I've lost the last few days. Any bantor?
                                                                                                                          Paid 50 for that and played about 3 hours. It's shite.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X