• Show
Clear All

My T-Bone looked like Africa...

SPOILER

A-Bone yo

SPOILER

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Think this is the first time I've watched 2 sportsing finals to a soundtrack of Miles Davis, Radiohead, and Van Morrison. Though it was probably bad that I felt the need to have 4 bottles of wine to accompany it.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Ronaldo has fairly dominated this final, incredible how consistent he is on the biggest occasions.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Ronaldo has fairly dominated this final, incredible how consistent he is on the biggest occasions.
          Well done, watch him score the winner now with the last kick of the game.

Comment

Pepe is such a scumbag

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Well done, watch him score the winner now with the last kick of the game.
              Nope.

He's been dire. Probably gets the winning pen now.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Nope.

All your fault.

Comment

Nope.

Bah. What's the opposite of schadenfreude?

Comment

What odds would the average IPBer be to score in a penalty shoot out in the Champions League final?

They are the first penalty taker. Coming off the bench/couch/pub..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            no way you can stand after 4 bottles of wine? (said the man on the surfboard after 14 pints of stout)
                            I've one left that I may not finish. Onto Planxty now. May be annoying the neighbours. Never went beyond 35 on this amp, though I suspect it goes up to 100.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Comment

Comment

no way you can stand after 4 bottles of wine? (said the man on the surfboard after 14 pints of stout)
                                  I have opened the 4th, dont think i have ever finished it though, i do know the difference between 2 and 3 is astronomical hangover wise, opening the 4th will have you rattled big time next morning.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

at least try 36
                                    you'd never know
                                    Up to 40 now on this. Like can fell the vibrations in ones bones.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                      I've one left that I may not finish. Onto Planxty now. May be annoying the neighbours. Never went beyond 35 on this amp, though I suspect it goes up to 100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0m8Usf9fM
                                      The head of hair on Christy and Lunny !
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0m8Usf9fM
                                        I'm borrowing my next avatar from this.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                          What odds would the average IPBer be to score in a penalty shoot out in the Champions League final?

Scored a peno vs a top class keeper today so I'd fancy my chances tbf

He was only seven but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            My T-Bone looked like Africa...

SPOILER

A-Bone yo

SPOILER

We need a Live Aid for the fillet dude !
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Scored a peno vs a top class keeper today so I'd fancy my chances tbf

He was only seven but still.
                                              Aye but how many shots did you have?

Comment

Aye but how many shots did you have?
                                                Five of course. Penalty shootout for the World Cup. Ireland against Germany - he luckboxed the win when I mysteriously let one go through me.

Comment

Five of course. Penalty shootout for the World Cup. Ireland against Germany - he luckboxed the win when I mysteriously let one go through me.
                                                  Sounds like sour grapes to me. <no tren/>

Comment

Ananda even better than all the other times, top class.
                                                    Stuffed.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      We need a Live Aid for the fillet dude !
                                                      Ha! It's actually Ethiopia that's missing.

Dude, if you meant that you are the king of wit.

Comment

Just watched the rugby with some judicious use of fast forward.

Both teams got exactly what they deserved. wp Connacht, very worthy champions.

Comment

Ha! It's actually Ethiopia that's missing.

Dude, if you meant that you are the king of wit.
                                                          If it means you will forgive me for GOT ill take it.
                                                          SPOILER

Of course i knew it was Ethopia....
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

3\1
                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes to me. <no tren/>
                                                              It really is an unmatched feeling dropping the needle and hearing the initial crackle of a record.

Im gona get me a record player and some vinyl, i only ever bought singles as far as i remember, maybe a few 12" and then tapes of course, my Dad had a fair few records though, my intro to music really, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Chrystal Gayle, Kenny rogers, Demis Rousou(sp), 1812 overtures mixed with the fury's and Davy Arthur and sesame street.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Doubtful after being played last night. I can hope.

Filmed on a Sony HX9V inside the gold circle.If anyone is making a multi-cam of this show and wants this or any of my videos I'm more than happy to supply th...
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Yup in the big smoke tonight Ole, or are you heading up tomorrow?

Comment

Yup in the big smoke tonight Ole, or are you heading up tomorrow?
                                                                          Heading up tomorrow and staying the night. A man could make a fortune on a bed !

I was lucky, knew there was gona be a second night so prebooked before it was announced, maples house hotel Iona road i got, not too far from croaker, tripple room for 120.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Has to be played tonight.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Stay hard Stay hungry stay alive if you can

This too shall pass.

Comment

A nice good luck message from the Dutch but probably more a dig at their own team not qualifying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                  3\1
                                                                                  Nah, anyone who has played at amateur sunday league level would be over 50% to score against a pro keeper even in a pressure situation. Penalty kicks are very biased against a keeper - if you can kick the ball in a forward direction at decent pace then you'll beat him 50% even if he reads you.

Comment

I'd say we would make about 4/10. Predictable form running up to the ball would be the biggest issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Nah, anyone who has played at amateur sunday league level would be over 50% to score against a pro keeper even in a pressure situation. Penalty kicks are very biased against a keeper - if you can kick the ball in a forward direction at decent pace then you'll beat him 50% even if he reads you.
                                                                                      There's no way an average Sunday League level player would be scoring >50% against a top level keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                        A nice good luck message from the Dutch but probably more a dig at their own team not qualifying.

Maybe they read your bbv posts

Comment

3\1
                                                                                          That's what i reckoned. Maybe 4s given they are coming to it completely cold, assuming they haven't kicked a ball for at least weeks if not years.

Comment

That's what i reckoned. Maybe 4s given they are coming to it completely cold, assuming they haven't kicked a ball for at least weeks if not years.
                                                                                            Longer imo.
                                                                                            People are not factoring in the extra reaction time keeper will have as well as the fact he knows you likely won't put it in the corner
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Yep, it's not rocket science, pick a spot , place it bit o pace , and yer 50% at least. Most peno misses are in the players heads. It's like a green in golf with water in front.

Comment

Throwback Sunday
                                                                                                Who remembers ?
                                                                                                Subscribe: http://goo.gl/w00F7SBrought to you by http://www.rugbydump.com

Comment

I'd be leaning towards the 50% mark too.
                                                                                                  I also think that the people in the 3/1, 4/1 camp would have a different idea if we had access to penalty shootout stats. Specifically the % of times a keep saves an on target shot.
                                                                                                  I'd guess that its pretty low given that most shots are scored, and a significant amount of misses are off target.

Comment

The question was if you were in a champions league final and could you score in the shootout. Pressure would make even the calmest people shit their pants.

Also keepers are truly so fast these days. We had a coaching session tears ago with Brian Murphy - he's been a championship goalie for years and Is from the neighbouring village. It came to the end and naturally he jumped in the goal for some penalties. Nobody could beat him and I mean nobody. He saved like 7-8 in a row, and they were good penos. He just read us every time. And he's not even top level. Imagine walking up in front of 70k people and seeing Neuer bopping around in the goal...
                                                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                                      No problem Paul

Am off to Edinburgh for the final instead.

Head is sore. Voice is gone. Long journey home.

Totally worth it.

Comment

The question was if you were in a champions league final and could you score in the shootout. Pressure would make even the calmest people shit their pants.

Also keepers are truly so fast these days. We had a coaching session tears ago with Brian Murphy - he's been a championship goalie for years and Is from the neighbouring village. It came to the end and naturally he jumped in the goal for some penalties. Nobody could beat him and I mean nobody. He saved like 7-8 in a row, and they were good penos. He just read us every time. And he's not even top level. Imagine walking up in front of 70k people and seeing Neuer bopping around in the goal...
                                                                                                        Every time? . Jayz yous boys were shit.

Comment

I have never missed a penalty in my life

SPOILER
                                                                                                          just saying
                                                                                                          48

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            I'd be leaning towards the 50% mark too.
                                                                                                            I also think that the people in the 3/1, 4/1 camp would have a different idea if we had access to penalty shootout stats. Specifically the % of times a keep saves an on target shot.
                                                                                                            I'd guess that its pretty low given that most shots are scored, and a significant amount of misses are off target.
                                                                                                            Yes but what i the average length of time since an IPBer has kicked a ball. It will be their first touch.

I think this is a significant factor no?

Plus what Switcharoo said.

Comment

Some Social media tie ins

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                              Pepe is such a scumbag

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                              John Muldoon has 254 275 caps for Connacht.

I imagine he's not reached 100 wins.

He's about to lift the trophy after winning the MoTM award in the final.

That's romance.
                                                                                                              3,758 likes, 40 comments - johnmuldoon8 on May 28, 2016: "Dreams do come true.... #GoodnightGalway"

Comment

A friend is trying to talk us into going to Bruce, is there still loads of tickets floating about?

Comment

Yes but what i the average length of time since an IPBer has kicked a ball. It will be their first touch.

I think this is a significant factor no?

Plus what Switcharoo said.
                                                                                                                  Hardly a fair comparison then. The CL peno takers had plenty of touches . Surely allowed a few touches beforehand.
                                                                                                                  Also a lot of top class keepers are useless at saving penos . Having read switch post though maybe yer average ipber brings the conversion stats way down. Better pick top 10% of ipbers and the success rate is over 50% I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                    I have opened the 4th, dont think i have ever finished it though, i do know the difference between 2 and 3 is astronomical hangover wise, opening the 4th will have you rattled big time next morning.
                                                                                                                    Waking up at 10am, and still completely rat arsed is surprisingly pleasant. Pretty sure I don't have to drive or operate heavy machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      A friend is trying to talk us into going to Bruce, is there still loads of tickets floating about?
                                                                                                                      Yep. Couple of lads at home just left to head up

Comment

Those saps getting pissed on at Monaco watching safety cars, you dodged a bullet there Lazare!

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X