Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have read about three different reviews of both river and ocean cruising holidays in various papers over the past week (two about that new mega-ship) - the fact that I'm actually starting to think 'yep, a nice river cruise in Europe sounds like a lovely way to spend a week' is obviously a sign that I'm ageing rapidly! What would you reckon is the average age on those cruises? I'm right in thinking almost everyone is a geriatric, yeah?

Not that I can go on holiday again this year, just back from the guts of three weeks in Oz/Thailand and last weekend on stag in Liverpool, I really have to knuckle down and get a job. Have a music festival in Lisbon in July but that's it, want to stay in Ireland if possible otherwise.

I would have made you an offer for those tickets Mike, despite my hatred of giant stadium gigs, but am heading to a charity fundraiser gig/auction tomorrow night in Dun Laoghaire. Three bluegrass bands, an auction and a raffle (I am a bit of a charity raffle degen), should still be fun In the Purty Kitchen if people are at a loss and want to support a good cause.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

No problem Paul

Am off to Edinburgh for the final instead.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
        Have read about three different reviews of both river and ocean cruising holidays in various papers over the past week (two about that new mega-ship) - the fact that I'm actually starting to think 'yep, a nice river cruise in Europe sounds like a lovely way to spend a week' is obviously a sign that I'm ageing rapidly! What would you reckon is the average age on those cruises? I'm right in thinking almost everyone is a geriatric, yeah?

Not that I can go on holiday again this year, just back from the guts of three weeks in Oz/Thailand and last weekend on stag in Liverpool, I really have to knuckle down and get a job. Have a music festival in Lisbon in July but that's it, want to stay in Ireland if possible otherwise.

I would have made you an offer for those tickets Mike, despite my hatred of giant stadium gigs, but am heading to a charity fundraiser gig/auction tomorrow night in Dun Laoghaire. Three bluegrass bands, an auction and a raffle (I am a bit of a charity raffle degen), should still be fun In the Purty Kitchen if people are at a loss and want to support a good cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          No problem Paul

Am off to Edinburgh for the final instead.

You legend (both you and Bundee, that is )!

Tried hard to find a way to make a trip to Edinburgh work but it was impossible, will be shouting for Connacht somewhere in Dublin's fair city centre instead. No doubt I won't be alone, have a few Galway heads lined up to come out too. Watched the semi in a big 'Irish' bar in Liverpool, it was a very hard job getting them to put the rugby on one of their fifty TVs!

Comment

God i hate when the missus has people calling to the house.

"Put on some nice clothes"
            "Cut the grass"
            "Paint that bathroom"
            "Stick a two story extension on before they arrive"

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
              You legend (both you and Bundee, that is )!

Tried hard to find a way to make a trip to Edinburgh work but it was impossible, will be shouting for Connacht somewhere in Dublin's fair city centre instead. No doubt I won't be alone, have a few Galway heads lined up to come out too. Watched the semi in a big 'Irish' bar in Liverpool, it was a very hard job getting them to put the rugby on one of their fifty TVs!
              Jesus. Spoilered for massivness on phones.

SPOILER

Last edited by dobby; 26-05-16, 11:00.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  God i hate when the missus has people calling to the house.

"Put on some nice clothes"
                  "Cut the grass"
                  "Paint that bathroom"
                  "Stick a two story extension on before they arrive"
                  We have prospective in laws coming to inspect us in early July, absolutely dreading the hysteria in the build up to it. Out of the blue some onsite work has come up that will have me away for most of june
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    From this Sky story on French petrol stations running out of petrol:

What would you say is the thinking behind a British driver in France ringing a UK driving organisation to get help?!
                    It's a human thing. Many are really fucking thick.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                      It's a human thing. Many are really fucking thick.
                      That was an uneventful 20k. You're slipping without Riggs around.

Comment

What would you say is the thinking behind a British driver in France ringing a UK driving organisation to get help?!
                        Unable to talk with the Frenchies, so taking a punt that someone in the AA might have access to an English language list of stations with petrol.

If you prang your car you'd ring your UK insurance company, if you had your bank cards robbed you'd ring your UK bank.

So not completely outrageous to think the your UK driving org might be able to give you a pointer.

Comment

Hope there's not more flash ATC strikes...heading there on Sat

Comment

Comment

In order of likeliness.

1-They are members of the AA who they know will have partner agreements in place in foreign countries.

2-Will call literally anyone so that they can be out of the car looking like they are on the case and away from a complaining partner and family who are annoying them about not stopping to fill up miles back.

3-They realise that France has no petrol so are hoping that they will send some tankers to France just for English people out of hope rather then belief it is possible or even likely.

4-They dont speak French and dont trust Johnny Foreigner.

5-They looked for Car related lines to call and could only find a list of expensive restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                That was an uneventful 20k. You're slipping without Riggs around.
                                Dedicating my 20k post to my hatred of humans seems fitting m8.

I also have many more than 20k posts when you include my Zola, Strewelpeter, Shaska and Sickpuppy accounts.

Comment

Comment

You'll have that shit sorted by mid-July right?
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        For sure. both the strikers and the politicians will want to go off on their holidays, so they'll stop for a couple of months.

Comment

Comment

pretty disturbing story here

Basically, hospitals being sold and therefore using watered down disinfectants. What sick fucks would do, being directly responsible for thousands of deaths.

Comment

Only 4 players played every single minute of every single game this season, name them!!
                                              There are hints in the spoilers

Also there was a 5th before the last game and he played 0 minutes, name him for bonus points?

Each spoiler is another hint
                                              SPOILER
                                              3 of them are in top 3, the other is from a team in the bottom half(they weren't relegated. This one is a toughie tbh, if I didn't see it on fpl 2 weeks before the end I wouldn't have got him.
                                              SPOILER
                                              Leicester, spurs, bournemouth are the 3 teams who have the 4 players
                                              SPOILER
                                              1 keeper, 2 centre backs, 1 midfielder
                                              SPOILER
                                              keeper and 1xcb from leicester, centre back from spurs, midfielder bmouth
                                              Answers in this spoiler(inc bonus)
                                              SPOILER
                                              Schmeichel, Morgan, Alderwiereld, Surman. Bonus answer was Fabianksi

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                Have 4 tickets to the sweden game, and 4 to the italy game,
                                                Not going so want to sell all in one go at face value obviously, let me know if anyone is interested
                                                sold to mdoug pending formalities

Comment

Comment

Mdoug.

I haven't read any hints but one I know for sure is
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    Kasper

Comment

Dougie

SPOILER
                                                      Captain Wes and Toby Alderweid for sure

Comment

Between the 2 of ye you have 3, the last one really is a toughie and in all honesty I wouldn't have got it had I not looked at fpl page and organised by minutes played(research for next years 1shot is underway bucko's)
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

People who call cans of drink ''tins'' should be lined up and shot.

Comment

God has decided that Katie Taylor lost her semi final.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                              Between the 2 of ye you have 3, the last one really is a toughie and in all honesty I wouldn't have got it had I not looked at fpl page and organised by minutes played(research for next years 1shot is underway bucko's)
                                                              Checked spoiler, not a hope I would of ever gotten that tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                sold to mdoug pending formalities
                                                                @all, there'll be a chance 2 of the sweden tickets will be wanting a new home if anyone needs, none for italy though. Will know for certain Monday
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Still have 4 X tickets for tomorrow upper hogan. Leaving on a trip first thing tomorrow morning but will be around Dublin 2 all day. Make me an offer!
                                                                  I might have someone interested in a pair of tickets for 200. Would that be any use to you?
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Anyone else attending Hans Zimmer later?

The set list looks fantastic.

Opening Medley
                                                                    Driving
                                                                    (Miss Daisy)

Discombobulate
                                                                    (Sherlock Holmes)

Zoosters Breakout
                                                                    (Madagascar)

Crimson Tide/Angels and Demons
                                                                    Speech about Crimson Tide (Tony Scott)

Roll Tide
                                                                    (Crimson Tide)

160 BPM
                                                                    (Angels and Demons)

Gladiator Medley
                                                                    Speech about Gladiator (Ridley Scott)

The Wheat
                                                                    (with Czarina Russell) (Gladiator)

The Battle
                                                                    (Gladiator)

Elysium
                                                                    (Gladiator)

Now We Are Free
                                                                    (Gladiator)

The Da Vinci Code... Story about Paris and inspiration
                                                                    Chevaliers de Sangreal
                                                                    (The Da Vinci Code)

Lion King medley
                                                                    Circle of Life (prelude)
                                                                    (with Lebo M) (Lion King... with Lebo M and Zoe Mthiyane)

This Land

Circle of Life (ending)

Pirates of the Caribbean medley
                                                                    Jack Sparrow
                                                                    (with Tina Guo) (POTC: Dead Man's Chest...… more )

One Day
                                                                    (with Tina Guo) (POTC: At World's End... with… more )

Up Is Down
                                                                    (with Tina Guo) (POTC: At World's End... with… more )

He's a Pirate
                                                                    (POTC: The Curse of the Black Pearl)

Concert Part 2: Opening medley
                                                                    You're So Cool
                                                                    (True Romance)

World Premiere: Ann Marie Calhoun and Mike Einziger bluegrass solo as part of their honeymoon
                                                                    (Unknown)
                                                                    (Bluegrass solo on violin and banjo)
                                                                    Rain Man Theme
                                                                    (Rain Man)

Electro medley... Beginning of visual effects on background
                                                                    What Are You Going to Do When You Are Not Saving the World?
                                                                    (Man of Steel)

Journey to the Line
                                                                    (The Thin Red Line)

The Electro Suite
                                                                    (The Amazing Spider-Man 2...… more )

The Dark Knight medley
                                                                    Why So Serious?
                                                                    (The Dark Knight)

Like a Dog Chasing Cars
                                                                    (The Dark Knight)

Why Do We Fall?
                                                                    (The Dark Knight Rises)

Introduce a Little Anarchy
                                                                    (The Dark Knight)

Bane Theme
                                                                    (The Dark Knight Rises)

Aurora... Speech about Christopher Nolan, remembrance of Heath Ledger and Colorado shootings in 2012
                                                                    Aurora ]
                                                                    (Choral arrangement of the… more )

Interstellar medley... With copy of pipe organs on stage
                                                                    Cornfield Chase
                                                                    (Interstellar)

Where We're Going
                                                                    (Interstellar)

No Time For Caution
                                                                    (Interstellar)

Stay
                                                                    (Interstellar)

Concert Encore: Inception medley
                                                                    Dream Is Collapsing
                                                                    (Inception)

Mombasa
                                                                    (with Satnam Ramgotra) (Inception... with Satnam… more )

Time
                                                                    (Inception... with Tina Guo,… more )

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                      I might have someone interested in a pair of tickets for 200. Would that be any use to you?

That would be great. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Have to say never went to a concert before but this is the sort of thing id like id say.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Looks sensational, would love to be going to that.

Comment

That would be great. Thanks.
                                                                            Grand. I'll confirm by 19.00 today. I presume they are etickets.
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Have been hitting the flying lessons pretty hard the past couple of weeks. It's very different from what I expected. The level of concentration required at the start is like nothing I've experienced and the days I've done two flights I've come home absolutely drained.
                                                                              It started off pretty gently with just a 'this is what flying is like' flight which I had done a few of as a young fella, and then the next one back was the 'effects of controls' flight which was reasonable enough, except when the instructor demonstrated what full deflection of the controls feels like...hint: it feels fucking horrible. Especially to someone who's not a fan of roller coasters.
                                                                              After that came straight and level flight which, at the time I found very difficult, but have since gotten the hang of and I can now set the plane up to basically fly hands off at a constant speed, height and direction.
                                                                              It started to get tough when we got to climbing and descending. There are 3 different climbs to learn (max rate of climb, max angle, and cruise climb) and all have different nose pitches and speeds associated with them. Learning where the horizon should be in your field of view for them all is very taxing. High nose up climbs are very disconcerting because you basically can't see anything in front of you expect the nose cowling.
                                                                              Descending is not too bad simply because the visibility is a lot better but again there are a couple of different types of descent.
                                                                              Today's lesson was climbing and descending turns which is basically marrying the last 2 lessons. It was tough because the cloud base was very low today and it was hard to see the horizon at times. Most of my sleeps this week have been filled with my brain going through the machinations of horizons, rpms, speeds etc.
                                                                              Each time I do a lesson I feel like I'm fucking hopeless at whatever is being taught, but the one from the last day has sunk in, so there's a bit of a lag between learning it and mastering it. Made my first landing today which, going by the logic from the last sentence, was pretty shit but I'm hoping the next one will be better.
                                                                              I don't think I've ever had such an intense mix of theory and a new motor skill to learn at once. It's great to spark the old grey matter into action again. Got a bit too comfortable sitting in my office in DCU avoiding things that seemed too hard.
                                                                              Got a 2 week break now when I'm on holidays but planning to hit it hard from mid June to the end of July by which time I should be going solo hopefully!
                                                                              Will throw in the odd post here as I know a few people are interested.

Comment

Its so draining when you have a brand new "hobby" and its nearly 24/7, completely unable to turn off even during the supposed sleeping hours, i think this makes me jump from one thing to another and end up getting bored so easily.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Welcome José

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                    Welcome José
                                                                                    LOL.
                                                                                    It's gonna be a good year
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      LOL.
                                                                                      Once it doesn't get any worse it'll keep me happy.

Comment

LOL.
                                                                                        U backing that up with the usual

Comment

Windows 10 appears to have Snuck onto my laptop while I was in work.
                                                                                          Fuckers.
                                                                                          Rollback time
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            U backing that up with the usual
                                                                                            But of course

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah! My new-ish laptop has never seen more blue screens of death than since 'upgrading' to Windows 10. Can't remember even seeing one of those over the long delightful years of Windows 7. Seems to have a particular problem with uTorrent, which it won't even show in the startup menu -> from reddit threads thats seemingly a common thing. But generally its weak as fck. Also have never clicked even once of those dumbass tiles, so they're just an irritant.
                                                                                                Hasn't crashed for me at all. I also just pin utorrent (and anything else I regularly use) to my task bar. Those tiles are stupid though for sure. I doubt I'll ever deliberately click on one of them.

Comment

But of course
                                                                                                  The ' our year' brigade keeping the rest of us in black socks for the year again.

Jose won't accept 1 shot on goal every other half. Should be popcorn though as he's a looney. Bye Louizzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Canadian Ambassador is a hero
                                                                                                    SPOILER

He's the one with hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                      Canadian Ambassador is a hero
                                                                                                      SPOILER

He's the one with hair.
                                                                                                      He shot a gunman who entered the Ottawa parliament a while ago and probably got a promotion to Ambassador for it.
                                                                                                      This is an easy day at office for him.

Comment

...

Comment

Started watching The Blacklist last week, just stuck on the second episode in S1. Caught my interest anyway. I am not a huge TV so it has to be good to get me to watch.

Comment

Parts of twitter are in meltdown about the poor little guy being 'assaulted' by the big bad ambassador
                                                                                                            I'm guessing none of those people are in any way affiliated with any republican organisation though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Started watching The Blacklist last week, just stuck on the second episode in S1. Caught my interest anyway. I am not a huge TV so it has to be good to get me to watch.
                                                                                                              It gets very boring very fast imo. I loved the first 4/5 episodes and lost interest then. Didn't bother watching season 2

Comment

But of course
                                                                                                                Can I get some of that easy money this year?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Parts of twitter are in meltdown about the poor little guy being 'assaulted' by the big bad ambassador
                                                                                                                      LOL put any dozen of those Sinn Fein/IRA scumbags in a room and you wouldn't get a combined IQ of 100.

The entire 1916 celebrations has been a shambles... lets pretend the British weren't ever there and that all the Irish were heros
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Not sure how widely known this is? But all that 'don't have too much salt' nonsense ... is nonsense (unless you already have high blood pressure, but it in itself doesn't cause that high blood pressure). Sugar is still the devil's spawn though.
                                                                                                                        That is just bloody great. I have high BP and on a low dose of Rampril for it. Although I am not one to put too much salt on things anyway thankfully.

Comment

Pity he didn't take some moves from the WWE portfolio and give him a rock bottom or a stunner.

Rock Bottom
                                                                                                                          SPOILER

Stunner
                                                                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X