Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, I do think it's slightly more than standard intergenerational angst to be a bit cranky that everyone managed to drive the economy off a cliff, slash allowances and jack up taxes just in time for me and all my friends to have to emigrate join the work force.

Obviously I'm better off than some poor cunt sleeping rough because I got free-ish education, but I don't think it's so unreasonable to wonder where I'd be now if the pooch hadn't been so unbelievably screwed by the time I got started.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Did the generation before ye manage anything along these lines or....?
      It was strewel and his cronies. Look who made money at the height of the bubble and are creaming it on pensions we can only dream of.

Don't think I've met an OAP in the last ten years who doesn't own a villa in Spain\Portugal.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        This amazes me, where's all these loots?
        Primarily going into deleveraging. We're posibly in an overcorrecting phase right now.

Comment

This amazes me, where's all these loots?
          I have no mortgage and savings - like a lot of my friends including those approved for but yet to use mortgages.

Also farmers despite what they complain about who sold sites at the height are still sitting on the cash.

Comment

you hear it hear first

Prosecutors are considering whether to bring charges against the veteran entertainer Sir Cliff Richard over allegations of historical sexual abuse.

The Crown Prosecution Service was handed a file of evidence from South Yorkshire police on Tuesday to consider whether there was a realistic prospect of conviction over an allegation Richard sexually assaulted a young boy in the 1980s.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
              I have no mortgage and savings - like a lot of my friends including those approved for but yet to use mortgages.
              Note to self: quit complaining about parasitic recruiter types

Comment

Holy jaysus, dem Chinese are some lads for the auld buildin':

The Pearl River Delta has witnessed the most rapid urban expansion in human history – a predominantly agricultural region transformed into the world’s largest continuous city. By revisiting the sites of rare archive images of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Macau from the 1940s through 1990s, our photographers have documented this staggering change

We should flog them some deserted part of Leitrim and hey presto, megacity!

Comment

Joan heaved.

Comment

Utd delaying the game by 45 minutes
                    That's some sith level gamesmanship

SPOILER

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      It was strewel and his cronies. Look who made money at the height of the bubble and are creaming it on pensions we can only dream of.

Don't think I've met an OAP in the last ten years who doesn't own a villa in Spain\Portugal.
                      Although it's true that there are a lot OAP's over here that own their properties, most of them bought pre-crash and have lost a massive amount of equity on them. The house I live in was sold on the plans for 230,000 and it's worth around half that now. That's typical of the market here.

Comment

Big news for the Euros....

BREAKING: Charlie Adam has been suspended by Stoke City following an incident which resulted in Stephen Ireland suffering a broken leg #SCFC
                        [/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Plex is your friend here.
                          Not that friendly right now?

I can play local and NAS files with it and I can restream the acestream from the vlc player but putting the two things together isn't happening

Also tried to stream to vidcast but thats not happening either.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Elijah Wood at it again at Upton park.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Not that friendly right now?

I can play local and NAS files with it and I can restream the acestream from the vlc player but putting the two things together isn't happening

Also tried to stream to vidcast but thats not happening either.
                              i did it for a mate before using this as a guide

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                Elijah Wood at it again at Upton park.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                  Excellent use of Ninja edit.

GSE GSE GSE.

1 - 0 United Rooney

Comment

Think I'll go with 2-2 m8

Comment

Big Andy FG
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Big news for the Euros....
                                        source for that? (The Adam bit, not the Ireland bit).

Friend at a charity event there at the moment and Adam is there too so seems unlikely...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Note to self: quit complaining about parasitic recruiter types
                                          I'm in house now so just one of the more useful part of hr. Would be the most important except for the person who fires everyone.

I have gotten soft and fiscally responsible since my gf moved in. Next it will be marriage, kids and a Volvo.

I did have one of the better first world problem incidents today. My gf complained that the change jar fills up to quickly and she is always cashing it in which is a big pain as she has to wait inline at the bank lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                            Big Andy FG
                                            From now on before having a bet I'm gonna ask you if you're thinking of having a bet, you're a pox sham

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                              From now on before having a bet I'm gonna ask you if you're thinking of having a bet, you're a pox sham
                                              I didn't actually have a bet, but such us power of bbv. My bad
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Anyone here been to Houston? Best area to stay in terms of bars/restaurants/access to public transport?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  Anyone here been to Houston? Best area to stay in terms of bars/restaurants/access to public transport?
                                                  It's the least dense city I've been in. There's no CBD. City centre is empty outside of office hours. Public transport is non existent but uber is cheap. I'd probably stay around Montrose but I'm probably biased. Not really ideal holiday location...

Comment

Half time eurovision straight into a blondie wan doing an impression of a singing crow.

It's the most wonderful time of the year
                                                    #eurovision

Comment

I haven't been but Austin city is probably the answer to all the above!

SPOILER
                                                      Bit like when someone asks you for the best place to go out in Dundalk is and you answer Dublin

Comment

Half time eurovision straight into a blondie wan doing an impression of a singing crow.

It's the most wonderful time of the year
                                                        #eurovision
                                                        next act on dressed like a cello playing chicken wrapped in tinfoil.
                                                        wonderful

Comment

It's the least dense city I've been in. There's no CBD. City centre is empty outside of office hours. Public transport is non existent but uber is cheap. I'd probably stay around Montrose but I'm probably biased. Not really ideal holiday location...

Anywhere nearby you'd recommend within a couple of hours drive even?

Comment

Austin is only a few hours away. Great city.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              source for that? (The Adam bit, not the Ireland bit).

Friend at a charity event there at the moment and Adam is there too so seems unlikely...

it;s also the stoke season awards tonight...so surprised he is isnt at that

Comment

Anyone recommend any nice places to eat up Donegal way, heading up to Lough eske for few days next week.

@ Keane, Krakow is good spot was there in December befire. Markets were good and loads of decent places for drinking, was with a bunch of lads tho staying in the flamingo hostel.

Comment

Quick one for lads heading to the euros.

My auld fella won two tickets to the Belgium game in a pub draw he entered ages ago. Flights are predictably expensive to bordeaux at this stage. Has anybody any idea of an alternate way around this? Any logical place to fly to and get train from? Also he is being asked for the passport number for himself and whoever is accompanying him when giving his details for the tickets. He is worried this will be an issue if transfering the tickets as he is not sure if it will be feasible. Im fairly sure it's not but said I would try find out.

Comment

it;s also the stoke season awards tonight...so surprised he is isnt at that
                                                                    he is....
                                                                    That's where he's been spotted by my friend!

Charity event / Season awards same difference.

Comment

Kev, ban Dobby quick for 20 mins. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        Kev, ban Dobby quick for 20 mins. Please.
                                                                        Well played
                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Lol. FML.

Comment

http://twitter.com/GTCost?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^autho r

Does excellent eurovision tweeting most years for the main.
                                                                            Last edited by Shashka; 10-05-16, 21:12.
                                                                            This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

The Charlie Adam/Stephen Ireland tweet came from a parody account.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                The Charlie Adam/Stephen Ireland tweet came from a parody account.
                                                                                Hard to tell these days!
                                                                                This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

next act on dressed like a cello playing chicken wrapped in tinfoil.
                                                                                  wonderful
                                                                                  Bet it's Russian!

Comment

I am watching gpl on twitch....the vid cam makes it feel real pervy! :-P

Comment

I love it if someone walked behind doing hoovering.

Comment

So much Hateable scum in that Upton park crowd

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          So much Hateable scum in that Upton park crowd
                                                                                          I thought that was a reality tv series ...googled it ...football...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

They made clubs green (looks like a shamrock!)and diamonds blue...that's a good idea!

Comment

The next big thing is Nev's Indian Call Centre on the W channel.

Comment

I know it's consensual but I feel I am grossly invading Marcob Jacobson's privacy!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKmSacQVeNo

Comment

lol

Comment

One of the busiest & ugliest cities in USA and a smell from the refineries but really interesting and a much better city to visit than Austin. Loads of good museums, sights and some great places to eat ( http://www.uchirestaurants.com/houston/ ) The museum district is probably the best place to stay, public transport is shit but uber is dirt cheap.

Comment

It's all a bit 80's init, should have just borrowed Chas n'Dave off Spurs for the night!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          Anyone wanna buy the nexus 6p with armoured case. Few months old spotless. Fucking hate it
                                                                                                          What is so bad about it other than the battery? Always liked my Nexus products, who made the 6p?

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                          Anyone recommend any nice places to eat up Donegal way, heading up to Lough eske for few days next week.

@ Keane, Krakow is good spot was there in December befire. Markets were good and loads of decent places for drinking, was with a bunch of lads tho staying in the flamingo hostel.
                                                                                                          How much are you wanting to spend?

Harry's Bar at Bridgend is nice
                                                                                                          Restaurant Sage in Letterkenny Port Road
                                                                                                          Harvey's Point
                                                                                                          Red Door outside Buncrana

I could list a good few places but best if you let me know what you are after.

Comment

Scot ball just gambled and won....

Comment

Apropos of nothing in particular how does one go about blocking a particular poster's posts from appearing ?
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                Apropos of nothing in particular how does one go about blocking a particular poster's posts from appearing ?
                                                                                                                User cp edit your ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  Click on username/click on public profile/click on userlist/add to ignore. Though you'll still see their quoted posts, so can be fairly useless for some posters
                                                                                                                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 10-05-16, 22:01.
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

No doubt I frequent almost every ignore list on here!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                      Click on username/click on public profile/click on userlist/add to ignore. Though you'll still their quoted posts, so can be fairly useless for some posters
                                                                                                                      You won't see those posts either though. I mean where they quoted you. Not where you quoted them.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                        Click on username/click on public profile/click on userlist/add to ignore. Though you'll still see their quoted posts, so can be fairly useless for some posters
                                                                                                                        Nevertheless, needs must
                                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

A lot of English fans are scumbags. One of the great football grounds closing and the idiots steal the limelight. Shame. Was at Upton Park twice . Fab atmosphere and both sets of fans singing bubbles much like flower of Scotland in the rugby.

In before Kayroo deletes me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X