This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL ^^^

That's class, had never heard of it. Its like a skit from the Pink Panther.

Comment

New Radiohead album released today. Literally top of my to do list this morning in work, have it streaming currently - liking it so far.

Dobby man, fuck the haters, its awesome to read the joy you get out of the football, the match reports and the emotion, sure thats what its all about. Sitch is a bitter twisted man if he feels the need to piss on your cornflakes. Go out there, score a belter and come what may.

I got sent off at the weekend actually, soccer here is gas. The ref yellow carded me for chirping their goalkeeper - I was fouled in the box, they all accused me of diving and their goalkeeper decided he'd call me out on it "Great dive mate, theatric", I slotted the penalty passed him rooted to the spot and said "Maybe you should work on your theatrics bud" and I got a yellow!

My second yellow a definite yellow though, crunched some chap slightly late. Thought I'd get there... thought wrong.

Ref had it in for me when I gave him an earful for consistently telling me to watch my language - "Listen man, there are no kids around, we are all adults. no ones getting offended only you, Im captaining this team and you aren't my oul lad, give the warnings a rest"

Good banter. Football. Love it.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

New job for Hitch?? Come home Hitch....
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Also never heard of that before and nearly had a haemorrhage trying not to guffaw.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
            Yay.
            Was there that time of year a couple of years ago. Lovely spot with plenty of nice xmas markets etc.
            Nice one.

Have booked it for a few days to get a look around a few Xmas markets and whatever else the craic is. Been reading a bit about the place this afternoon and it sounds great.

Got this 5* hotel right off the main square for only €380 for four nights which looks pretty swish to sweeten the deal. Flights only ~90 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              New job for Hitch?? Come home Hitch....
              Rounders cut out for that, IMO
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                In all seriousness, mcnugget needs to make an appearance at one/every single one of these quizzes.

On another note, DublinBus rang me there saying they reviewed the incident and they apologised and are suspending him and bringing him in for his side of the story. Probably the only thing that will come out of it but happy I fucked his life up a little bit
                Obviously they have cameras on the bus if they reviewed it and were able to act on it without speaking to him first. Nice one, at least there is a little justice done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                  Don't think you get how long a grudge can last down those parts.

@dobby - You should just play the best you can. No matter what happens the one thing you can't control is how others may or may not interpret it.
                  Bet dobby replied 'Ah, thanks Dad' before a quick ninja edit when he realised it wasn't him

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                    LOL ^^^

That's class, had never heard of it. Its like a skit from the Pink Panther.
                    Remember seeing the clip of that interview... Absolutely priceless. But seriously, what were the odds that there would be two lads both named Guy waiting in two different receptions for an interview.
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Did anyone watch Peaky Blinders? Honda? I thought it was a bit meh. Will still watch but it's got a lot to live up to after the first two seasons.

Comment

Shatter vindicated who'd have thunk it

WP mob rule

TBF he looks relaxed and like a lad whos happy enough to be out of the frontline.

Comment

It might be a topical tip given the recent / upcoming departures , there's a horse called see you in Malta running in the last at Tipp tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Did anyone watch Peaky Blinders? Honda? I thought it was a bit meh. Will still watch but it's got a lot to live up to after the first two seasons.
                            SPOILER

Thought it was a good episode. Bit early to judge a season anyway, have to set things up before it kicks off.
                            airport, lol

Comment

How do I get acestreams to play to chromecast?

Can drop an acestream id into VLC and it plays on the laptop but can't figure out how to play in a browser

Comment

Contains Spoilers but very good - Game Of Thrones - American Politics treatment

Americans have been following presidential primaries and Republicans and Democrats with great interest, but there's another political race -- albeit much blo...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

Comment

Can drop an acestream id into VLC and it plays on the laptop but can't figure out how to play in a browser
                                    There's a chrome acestream tutorial on reddit somewhere, possibly in the soccer streams reddit. I'll dig it out when I'm at a laptop in a bit if you can't find it.
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Wrote a cheque today to reduce the mortgage to 99,999

Stupid psychology but seems like a massive win.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I'm well behind, but at least my mortgage is going down by just under 20k per year recently with the nice ECB (non) rates. Just managing to get close to the 200k mark now.

Comment

Got
                                          SPOILER
                                          the young king is really a poor actor imo
                                          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Where's the cents in that?

Comment

Plex is your friend here.
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Your beneficiaries salute you. Nice daddy. Divvy it up kiddies.

Comment

Looking at adding another 100k to mine soon
                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    Krakow in December, yay or nay?
                                                    Nay, was our least favourite place while travellign europe last year. Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest much better places imo.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    Canbera has lots of nice attractions, like the War memorial.
                                                    But its an incredibly boring city. Very dead any time I've been there
                                                    Drove through on the way home from skiing one time, 6pm on a sunday and all shops, pubs, etc were losing.

All the federal types back home for the weekend I suppose.
                                                    the missus axed a potential job with the brumbies because she heard it was such a rubbish city.

Comment

I was looking at a documentary about Veronica Guerin today. 'The Legacy' anyone else watch?
                                                      This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                        Nay, was our least favourite place while travellign europe last year. Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest much better places imo.

the missus axed a potential job with the brumbies because she heard it was such a rubbish city.
                                                        My brother has been. He liked it better than prague.
                                                        This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Originally posted by Shashka View Post
                                                          My brother has been. He liked it better than prague.
                                                          His name is Trippie for a reason. He knows stuff about trips. Prague is visually beautiful but the Krakow wimmin sway it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                            His name is Trippie for a reason. He knows stuff about trips. Prague is visually beautiful but the Krakow wimmin sway it for me.
                                                            Of all the places I visited. Prague tops the list of the most hated. Didn't enjoy it at all.
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Smart girl

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                Of all the places I visited. Prague tops the list of the most hated. Didn't enjoy it at all.
                                                                Yes my brother felt the same. I went once. I can't remember it too well now though it seemed a tad unfriendly to me though. Bro has been everywhere.

Comment

Yes my brother felt the same. I went once. I can't remember it too well now though it seemed a tad unfriendly to me though. Bro has been everywhere.
                                                                  Locals very unfriendly and didn't find it cheap at all. Found it quite expensive.
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Locals very unfriendly and didn't find it cheap at all. Found it quite expensive.
                                                                    Quite a while ago now. I don't remember the prices but I remember they didn't seem to like tourists at all or people. I liked some of the buildings but when you went inside some of them they were just facades and not nice really. And little variety in food etc.

Bro has been everywhere. But found prague the seediest. Not just from the point of view of strip clubs etc. But you could buy knives in shop windows.

Comment

Was there in the last few weeks. It's a gorgeous city, wonderful people and so much to see and do. Place has oodles of culture and felt so safe and enjoyable to be in.

It's also quite cheap unless you refuse to eat/drink outside the main square of the city. That's literally true in every city in Europe.
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        Was there in the last few weeks. It's a gorgeous city, wonderful people and so much to see and do. Place has oodles of culture and felt so safe and enjoyable to be in.

It's also quite cheap unless you refuse to eat/drink outside the main square of the city. That's literally true in every city in Europe.
                                                                        I agree lovely to look at. And yep ate on square and drank every night. Just didn't enjoy it all.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Haven't seen this posted, might have missed it though.

Man arrested in Scotland for teaching his dog to give Nazi salute (and some very offensive comments). Watch the video in this story. It's disturbing, offensive and hilarious. I recommend SP gives it a miss though.

Prankster Markus Meechan, from Scotland, filmed his girlfriend's pet pug looking happy while he spouted vile statements such as 'sieg heil' and 'gas the Jews'.

Comment

I have just drawn Emily Mortimer's boobs in graphite!

Comment

I covered her modestly! It's artsy!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                Haven't seen this posted, might have missed it though.

Man arrested in Scotland for teaching his dog to give Nazi salute (and some very offensive comments). Watch the video in this story. It's disturbing, offensive and hilarious. I recommend SP gives it a miss though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-slogans.html
                                                                                Ooh dear! Good lord!

Comment

Found it hard to spend money in Prague. We were delayed for 4 hours on way home and four young lads were horsing spirits into themselves. On the plane were absolute loud pricks was so close to strangling one of them. They kept shouting Prague is shit as well. The cabarets are a great cultural experience and the food is a meat lovers dream.

Comment

I was deracinated tonight. Not often it happens and intend to reap my revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                      I was deracinated tonight. Not often it happens and intend to reap my revenge.
                                                                                      I learnt a new word! What was the change?

Comment

Double France to win the euros with Argentina to win the copa now or risk being paid less or nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                          The equivalent would be coming to Dublin and staying in to Temple bar. Then complaining that food and drink is overpriced. Didn't even have irish stew/coddle etc

Comment

We were there for 3 weeks and didnt find it overpriced at all. Was a great place to visit other places ( vienna, Krakow, Dresden etc) also. The food vendors away from the main square are much better. Sandeman's do a free walking tour which is a great way to get bearings around the city and then you can float about and see what you want to. Classical music is a must there btw.

Comment

I was blown away by the women in Sarajevo. They were incredible. Probably the best after the Milanese

Smart girl
                                                                                              obviously not that smart if she married me

Quite a while ago now. I don't remember the prices but I remember they didn't seem to like tourists at all or people. I liked some of the buildings but when you went inside some of them they were just facades and not nice really. And little variety in food etc.

Bro has been everywhere. But found prague the seediest. Not just from the point of view of strip clubs etc. But you could buy knives in shop windows.
                                                                                              He's not been to that many places if Prague is the seediest city he has visited.

Comment

The only place I found expensive in Prague was the Irish bar on the square
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Was there in March. A round of 15 beers, 2 vodkas and s red bull and 2 mojitos cost approx €16. You were clearly drinking in the wrong places.

Lovely place altogether, would definitely go back.

Wouldn't be a fan of the Czech food though.

Comment

obviously not that smart if she married me
                                                                                                    When did you get married?
                                                                                                    Congrats I guess

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                      Wouldn't be a fan of the Czech food though.
                                                                                                      Do your research in advance and you can find excellent food. It's mitteleuropa so you're always going to get a surfeit of dumplings and the likes.

Over-touristed cities always suffer food-wise imo. Dublin being no exception.

Comment

Your beneficiaries salute you. Nice daddy. Divvy it up kiddies.
                                                                                                        Have this vision of retiring and announcing to the kids that the house is sold, the pension funds cashed in and I'm off to Vegas.

Comment

I'm not surprised he found it seedy if he was hanging in strip clubs. But to be fair you can buy knives in every city in the world, it's still one of mans most basic and common tools.

Comment

Do your research in advance and you can find excellent food. It's mitteleuropa so you're always going to get a surfeit of dumplings and the likes.

Over-touristed cities always suffer food-wise imo. Dublin being no exception.
                                                                                                            Didn't have much option for most of it as it was a module on my college course and meals etc were all organised for us (and very basic)

Comment

Happy Birthday AndyFatBastard

Comment

Have this vision of retiring and announcing to the kids that the house is sold, the pension funds cashed in and I'm off to Vegas.
                                                                                                                I can see you making a big change in direction career or life wise in the next few years. You'll have a very healthy pension pot, mortgage paid off and the kids not costing you so much. The world of business analysis and creating slide decks can only hold ones attention for so long...
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

So rents in Dublin are 1.8% higher than in early 2008. Is that so bad??

Inflation is greater than that over the period so what's with all the whinging?

I think it's because the people who bought are being treated with kid gloves and very little has been done for renters.

Comment

Hour 8 in the A&E.
                                                                                                                    Met the conrad hotels sole permanent resident and made the realisation A&E is an old folks home midweek

Comment

I can see you making a big change in direction career or life wise in the next few years. You'll have a very healthy pension pot, mortgage paid off and the kids not costing you so much. The world of business analysis and creating slide decks can only hold ones attention for so long...
                                                                                                                      it's not holding my attention right now (although I don't create slide decks - wtf? FU . I do stuff )

Comment

So rents in Dublin are 1.8% higher than in early 2008. Is that so bad??

Inflation is greater than that over the period so what's with all the whinging?

I think it's because the people who bought are being treated with kid gloves and very little has been done for renters.
                                                                                                                        you don't have as much disposable income as in 2008 - that tax thing, you know with the USC and all that

the real whinging seems to be the cut to rent allowance (-28% in that period), private renters seem to be treated as lower orders by the powers that be

Comment

When did you get married?
                                                                                                                          Congrats I guess
                                                                                                                          october 2013

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X