X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Power at any price I guess.
    Yea thats what its all about

If that was his motivation he could look across the floor at a man who has literally had people ,innocent women and children, killed in his desperation to cling onto his party leadership, only Robert Mugabe has outlasted him... so far.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      It's better than fucking lanzarote. Haven't seen the sun since I got here. Rain and clouds forcast for week ffs
      Lol. Sun shining in Killarney last few days and good weather forecast into next week. Danny must have said his prayers.

Comment

At least they stuck to their guns on one matter of importance:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Yea thats what its all about

If that was his motivation he could look across the floor at a man who has literally had people ,innocent women and children, killed in his desperation to cling onto his party leadership, only Robert Mugabe has outlasted him... so far.

Of course that's what his motivation was. He's basically sold his parties chances down the river for the next election for the sole purpose he can cling onto being leader and Taoiseach. The carrot of being first ever FG politician to be returned as Taoiseach was just too much for his massive ego to turn down.

Comment

Still hoping that there's some way that this could work out in Ireland's benefit...

Kenny gets signed in as Taoiseach, gets the record.

Next day, there is a FG coup and he's out the door.

Snap elections as government dissolves.

Kenny gets his record, FG gets rid of him, Independents get rugs pulled from under their feet.

FF obviously win more seats in the snap elections than they currently have, but FG and LAB should pick up some of the nonsense seats.

Means that the next Dáil has FF implementing their own policies (instead of making FG do it) and we might have a more structured opposition with a little less rabble.

Nah, no chance. Grumph

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post

Of course that's what his motivation was. He's basically sold his parties chances down the river for the next election for the sole purpose he can cling onto being leader and Taoiseach. The carrot of being first ever FG politician to be returned as Taoiseach was just too much for his massive ego to turn down.
              The post was never about Kenny.You Should know by now

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                At least they stuck to their guns on one matter of importance:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...alks-1.2637608
                Ireland of the 21st century needs Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                  Time for a thread title change, it is May now.

That luckbox Tony is now in Malta, need to get a party arranged at the house while he away
                  Never, well not until someone else goes into the black
                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 06-05-16, 14:42.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Had a pint with lunch. It was class. Made me want another. Clock is ticking but not fast enough.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post

Meh I don't buy that... thats the kind of drivel you get from fools like Coppinger and Murphy.
                      I am no fan of Enda's but I believe he's a bigger man than that, and already has much bigger trophies on his shelf. Anyway even if he isn't those around him are and would not put up with that kind of nonsense from a leader who has already said he won't lead them in the next election.

It was a simple choice run the minority government the electorate and FF presented him with or go back to the country. He took responsibility and is playing the shit hand of cards he was dealt.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Weather everywhere you look out there today

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Also this bizarre belief that Enda is power hungry. He is a rather nice guy even if lacking in charm. I'd say his main ambition is to retire to a farm after seeing his three years out.
                              He's a townie - Castlebar.

He'll be in the job 18 months max and will hand over (to hopefully Leo). History will judge him very kindly indeed - once people get some perspective they will see that austerity was handled as fairly as possible and our recovery has outshone everyone else by a distance.

Plus on the non-economic side, he tried. Gay marriage. Seanad abolition.

Irish Water is the big fail but even FF recognise Article 9 so someone is going to have to stand over charging for H2O in the future.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                Weather everywhere you look out there today
                                Beer garden weather innit

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Beer garden weather innit
                                  Tis pint glasses of ice with large bottles of cider weather m8

Comment

Comment

Comment

@ Denny . PP have settled my FG min gov bet as a winner.

Comment

Leo out health, simon Harris in

Frances Fitzgerald - Tanaiste, Department of Justice
                                          Michael Noonan - Department of Finance
                                          Simon Harris - Department of Health
                                          Leo Varadkar - Department of Social Protection
                                          Mary Mitchell O'Connor - Department of Jobs
                                          Michael Creed - Department of Agriculture
                                          Simon Coveney - Department of Housing,Planning and Local Government
                                          Shane Ross - Department of Transport and Sport
                                          Paul Kehoe - Department of Defence
                                          Heather Humphreys - Department of Arts, Regional Development and Rural Affairs
                                          Dennis Naughten - Department of Communications
                                          Katherine Zappone - Department of Children and Youth Affairs
                                          Richard Bruton - Department of Education
                                          Charlie Flanagan - Department of Foreign Affairs
                                          Attorney General -Maire Whelan

Comment

Who's in charge of science then? I honestly don't think I've ever heard the name Frances Fitzgerald before. Guessing it's a man from the spelling.

EDIT: Still falls under jobs...another person I've never heard of.
                                            Last edited by Guest; 06-05-16, 17:47.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              Who's in charge of science then? I honestly don't think I've ever heard the name Frances Fitzgerald before. Guessing it's a man from the spelling.
                                              Surely a male spells it Francis? Haven't googled it yet so guessing first

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Surely a male spells it Francis? Haven't googled it yet so guessing first
                                                Seems you're right. She's a woman!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Isn't your wife from Castlebar? They clearly can't make perfect choices all the time

*I keed, pls still visit in summer
                                                  She's from Galway - mortal enemies of all things Mayo.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Meh I don't buy that... thats the kind of drivel you get from fools like Coppinger and Murphy.
                                                    I am no fan of Enda's but I believe he's a bigger man than that, and already has much bigger trophies on his shelf. Anyway even if he isn't those around him are and would not put up with that kind of nonsense from a leader who has already said he won't lead them in the next election.

It was a simple choice run the minority government the electorate and FF presented him with or go back to the country. He took responsibility and is playing the shit hand of cards he was dealt.
                                                    Sounds like calling 2 pair on showdown when the board is paired. VforV style.

Comment

Minister for Justice after Shatter....genuinely never heard of her?

Comment

The jobs lady is also fondly known as 'Miss Piggy'.

Comment

Your Irish politics knowledge is up there with Mellor's US geography knowledge it seems.

Comment

Hmm Shane Ross over sport ,doesn't strike me as a guy with any interest in it
                                                            Last edited by Guest; 06-05-16, 18:58.

Comment

Francis Fitzgerald like most of them such an uninspiring choice. Gone past even caring an iota about it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                Hmm Shane Ross over sport ,doesn't strike me as a guy with any interest in it
                                                                He played a lot of poker back in the day.

Comment

Comment

That would be the junior minister in DOJE if I remember correctly. Was Damien English wasn't it? No reason for him not to continue if he kept his seat.
                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Not that long ago he used to tell teachers about my bad behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Minister for Justice after Shatter....genuinely never heard of her?
                                                                        Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                        Your Irish politics knowledge is up there with Mellor's US geography knowledge it seems.
                                                                        There are 8 names on the list I've never heard of. There are few things I care less or know less about.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                          That would be the junior minister in DOJE if I remember correctly. Was Damien English wasn't it? No reason for him not to continue if he kept his seat.
                                                                          Makes no difference anyway. Successive governments have made it clear that they don't give a shit about science and just want to cash in on it asap.
                                                                          One of the lads decided enough was enough and took a job in industry and found out today he got one of the IRC postdocs which would require a 10k drop in salary (unless he can get it topped up somehow). Now he's second guessing....just when you think you're out, they drag you back in!

Comment

Email from. Sky for those interested. Sky Q silver, Which is the two boxes. I don't get commission for this. Will be entered into a draw is all. Think I have 5 codes in total. Just pm email and full name and I'll send them on.

Hi Michelle

We have an exclusive new offer for your friends and family and a chance for you to win big

Invite your friends and family to join Sky with Sky Q Silver and they’ll get Sky Movies and Sky Sports FREE for 18 months - so they'll get everything for just €67 a month (usually €113.50). They'll also get installed for just €49 (usually €99).

Hurry – this offer ends 26 May.
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

So after the deal was agreed they all decided to go for a beer in Baggot street.
                                                                                Enda suggested Donehy and Nesbitts but Michael wanted Toners . FF have now issued a motion of no confidence . .

Comment

Makes no difference anyway. Successive governments have made it clear that they don't give a shit about science and just want to cash in on it asap.
                                                                                  One of the lads decided enough was enough and took a job in industry and found out today he got one of the IRC postdocs which would require a 10k drop in salary (unless he can get it topped up somehow). Now he's second guessing....just when you think you're out, they drag you back in!
                                                                                  Ugh. Why would you second guess... 2 years on less money and the almost certainty there is nothing waiting for you after!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                    So after the deal was agreed they all decided to go for a beer in Baggot street.
                                                                                    Enda suggested Donehy and Nesbitts but Michael wanted Toners . FF have now issued a motion of no confidence . .
                                                                                    Where do you set the line on the duration of this government?

I will optimistically say 24 months.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                      Ugh. Why would you second guess... 2 years on less money and the almost certainty there is nothing waiting for you after!

is how I've spent most of my working life!

Comment

Definitely Unders on that line.

Comment

Nature of the beast to twart . Hope you are right. All out by October imo. They only agreed so they can enjoy gods holy summer free of the burden . Feckers get the summer off now after 10 weeks off .

Comment

is how I've spent most of my working life!
                                                                                            I am consistently amazed that people are willing to tolerate post-doc conditions.

We view every hire as a potential long term hire and CID is on the plate for everyone that wants to stay long enough to get it. We actually much prefer this as the costs involved in training people on our equipment and methods mean constant turnover gets expensive really really fast.

Comment

How the fuck do you afford it when nowhere else can!? CID is a dirty word in DCU.

It's a stupid system. I would have done so much more work in the last decade if I wasn't trying to secure my future for about 50% of it.

Comment

How the fuck do you afford it when nowhere else can!? CID is a dirty word in DCU.

It's a stupid system. I would have done so much more work in the last decade if I wasn't trying to secure my future for about 50% of it.
                                                                                                Core funding through EI for my manager and a number of staff. The rest are paid for though a combination of IPs, com fund, and consultancy.

Comment

Enda gets his own back on Shane Ross for slagging him off by giving him the poison chalice of transport where things are falling apart with strikes and pay rises been requested every hour
                                                                                                  Enda will have his gimpy smile on as soon as the new opposition get there claws into Mr Dundrum
                                                                                                  Leo been knocked down a knot or 2 a swell.
                                                                                                  He be gunning for the Mayo gimp now

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                    Enda gets his own back on Shane Ross for slagging him off by giving him the poison chalice of transport where things are falling apart with strikes and pay rises been requested every hour
                                                                                                    Enda will have his gimpy smile on as soon as the new opposition get there claws into Mr Dundrum
                                                                                                    Leo been knocked down a knot or 2 a swell.
                                                                                                    He be gunning for the Mayo gimp now
                                                                                                    Simon Harris got the real poisoned chalice. Poor fucker.

He won't be looking so fresh-faced by this time next year.

Comment

Simon Harris got the real poisoned chalice. Poor fucker.

He won't be looking so fresh-faced by this time next year.
                                                                                                      Very true
                                                                                                      It should knock the Ryan Tubridy grin off his face alrite
                                                                                                      interesting times ahead, should get 18-20 months of goverment before FF flexs its built up muscle

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                        Nature of the beast to twart . Hope you are right. All out by October imo. They only agreed so they can enjoy gods holy summer free of the burden . Feckers get the summer off now after 10 weeks off .
                                                                                                        I'm with Solsks. November election.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                          Are the strikes a transport issue, would have thought any competent buckpassing minister could push it towards whichever department has 'industrial', 'jobs' or 'employment' in the title.

Transport (and Sport & Tourism to give it its full title) is surely a doddle. Gets to open the Phoenix Park tunnel link and LuasBX this year, trip to the Olympics, possibly win an RWC bid next year, few tourist initiatives with the excellent BordFailte. Maybe launch some 20 year scheme with DU, MN and an airport rail link knowing full well he won't be around when its shelved.

Best ministerial job after Foreign Affairs I'd say.

Comment

Think I was aware it existed, but never heard it before. Lulu with 'The Man who sold the World'

Brilliant track from the 70's."The Man Who Sold The World" by Lulu was released in 1974 on the Polydor record label.David Bowie wrote the song and also produ...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Think I was aware it existed, but never heard it before. Lulu with 'The Man who sold the World'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyFAnA9oPRE
                                                                                                              And Nirvana with what I, and many of my generation I'd imagine, thought was the original.

REMASTERED IN HD!Taken from the 25th Anniversary Editions of Nirvana – MTV Unplugged in New YorkOrder Now: https://Nirvana.lnk.to/Unplugged25Listen to more f...

Comment

Would have got most of these, if I was given 5 minutes to think about each. Though never knew Angies maiden name.

From 29th December 2012 on BBC1A wonderfully rizbectable performuntz from Count Buckules. The work of the other contestants has been cut from here. You migh...

Comment

Why do jock types not understand the basic principle of 100% being the maximum effort.

"Giving it 110%" has now been replaced by 120% in the US. I want to smack everyone who is dumb enough to actually use 110%.

I bought a potato gun, a slingshot and some water balloons today.
                                                                                                                  Today, was a productive day.
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Teenage Heartthrobs

This was a round in the quiz during the week by the way, go on lads. Show off your stuff.
                                                                                                                    If any of you match rigger then I will be insanely impressed

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                      This was a round in the quiz during the week by the way, go on lads. Show off your stuff.
                                                                                                                      If any of you match rigger then I will be insanely impressed

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Doing on phone so can't remember order. Bryan McFadden, Harry Styles, George Michael, Luke Perry, Donny Osmond, wrecking my head might be Jason Donovan, Ricky Martin, Peter Andre, backstreet boy but no name, Jason Priestley is the last one
                                                                                                                      Last edited by elbows; 07-05-16, 01:31.
                                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Doing on phone so can't remember order. Bryan McFadden, Harry Styles, George Michael, Luke Perry, Donny Osmond, wrecking my head, Ricky Martin, Peter Andre, backstreet boy but no name, Jason Priestley is the last one
                                                                                                                        Yikes that is impressive! 8/10!!!

I got 3 myself and was very content. You're currently 1 shy of riggsy
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          Yikes that is impressive! 8/10!!!

I got 3 myself and was very content. You're currently 1 shy of riggsy
                                                                                                                          Number 6 is annoying me.
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X