• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
    I'll shoot him, for my country.
    That's a bit sexist m8
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      We'll have a Healy Rae president before long. If Trump can do it....
      You and Them can fuck right off.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
        I want to raise the Healy Raes, with the Dublin 'Politician' currently proving by induction, the Streisand effect. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...tten-1.2635278
        And before he went into politics, he was 'ponytail man' http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26424219.html

Comment

In fairness Danny Healy Rae is spot on about carbon taxes,pure scam

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            And if you believe in a God, it's really not mad to also believe he or she controls the weather. Though I always find it strange that a god like the Dalai Lama needs to wear corrective lenses just to see.
            Last edited by ComradeCollie; 04-05-16, 22:58.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              I dunno. Zebra Bill could probably sweet talk his way into some lion tang
              Lol, yeah it's weird that mainstream media never mention the endless womanizing and rape allegations or the speculation that Hillary's ex law partner Webb Hubbell is Chelsea's Clinton birth father. The similarities are uncanny it has to be said:
              SPOILER

Comment

Leicester wins Premier League
                Trump could be president of USA
                Hitch is educating the youth of today

I will just lean back in my chair, have a puff of my e cig, have a wee drink and put on some music

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Unemployment at 8.4%

Fairly spectacular and well under the EU average. Outside of rural unemployment blackspots, we're nearing the point where anyone seriously looking for work should have it. Obviously gets harder to move the needle from here on but still some turnaround.
                  I would how it would look if we all came home.

Comment

And poor auld doug never even got a call back from that 1 week of wanting a job and plastering places with cv's. FML
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Though I always find it strange that a god like the Dalai Lama needs to wear corrective lenses just to see.
                      Admittedly I know just the basic stuff about Buddhism (through religion class in school no less ). But I didn't think the Dalai Lama was supposed to be a "God".
                      I'm thoguht that Buddhism rejects the idea of a divine creator. Their "gods" are upper level of goods karma rebirth.

But not entirely sure, any Buddhists here?

Comment

Also, can somebody explain to me how Trump for the RP at 1.05 isn't free money?
                        All his opponents have withdrawn

Comment

Started watching trailer park boys this week, surprised there isn't much love for it on here
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You're about 6 years too late, possibly more.

It's feckin class.

Comment

Was reading about their latest series and realised I never seen any of it. Stopping in 2007 kinda ruled me out, I used to never binge watch tv shows until like 2011 to be honest.

Just never see it mentioned on any list whenever someone mentions a show, only on season 2 now but so far so good.
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

chillin time hic.........

I do not own anything. These photos are from deviantart.com and the music from Ray Lamontagne and Sony Music

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                  Was reading about their latest series and realised I never seen any of it. Stopping in 2007 kinda ruled me out, I used to never binge watch tv shows until like 2011 to be honest.

Just never see it mentioned on any list whenever someone mentions a show, only on season 2 now but so far so good.
                                  The latest season was released a few weeks ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    Also, can somebody explain to me how Trump for the RP at 1.05 isn't free money?
                                    All his opponents have withdrawn
                                    I guess there is an outside chance that if he doesn't get the required delegates before the GOP national convention that the unbound delegates don't line up behind him and there is a brokered convention. It's very unlikely at this stage now though. Even though Cruz and Kasich have dropped out, their names are still on the ballots for the final primaries but most people won't vote for a candidate that has dropped out. So there should be a low voter turn out which would give Trump a bigger majority in those states which should get him over the line without needing the superdelegates to back him in June.
                                    If Cruz and Kasich have dropped out at this point it's probably because their backers don't see the point in flushing anymore money down the toilet.

Comment

Just noticed they had a movie in 1999 before the series even started, guess I'll watch that after I finish this season

Good bants about the water charges. I was in charge of that one bill in my house but they knew I wouldn't pay as fuck water charges, it falls from the sky m8's. They all put in the money for every bill that came, which I used to buy bottles of whiskey every time.

If we ever had to actually pay I'd have paid the chunk myself but I never thought we would. This was my way of getting 4/1 on water taxes coming into play really. Now with talks of refunds I have the sweat of having to pay them back.
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                        I guess there is an outside chance that if he doesn't get the required delegates before the GOP national convention that the unbound delegates don't line up behind him and there is a brokered convention. It's very unlikely at this stage now though. Even though Cruz and Kasich have dropped out, their names are still on the ballots for the final primaries but most people won't vote for a candidate that has dropped out. So there should be a low voter turn out which would give Trump a bigger majority in those states which should get him over the line without needing the superdelegates to back him in June.
                                        If Cruz and Kasich have dropped out at this point it's probably because their backers don't see the point in flushing anymore money down the toilet.
                                        Thanks for that.

What happens at a brokered convention. How unlikely it is 5% is unlikely, but makes the bet a bad play.

I've always felt that the low end of betfair markets are very flawed

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            A good eight hours spent sleeping on the toilet in my five star hotel. Let only m8s who haven't done that cast the first stone.
                                            We all know though, that it's the jacks in the lobby you're talking about, and you haven't checked in yet. Probably because checkout is 11am
                                            Didn't you do this yesterday aswell?

Comment

A good eight hours spent sleeping on the toilet in my five star hotel. Let only m8s who haven't done that cast the first stone.
                                              Slept in worse places . In the late 90s when getting a cab was a lottery I sat down by the canal for a rest. I woke up midday on a blazing Saturday in a suit with Saturday people everywhere . Had to lie back down ; the ol jacket was a comfy pillow. Whiskey . Was back out later .

Comment

I would how it would look if we all came home.
                                                Number of immigrants working in Ireland >>>>>>>> number of Irish people working abroad

It's a globalised world. Even thinking in terms of nationality these days seems a bit antiquated.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                  Fairly stunning reading on the way home there:

FF owned FG in the negotiations. Seems FG were going to agree to pretty much anything in order to retain power. To all the FG voters here - surely this is incredibly disappointing?
                                                  Yes very disappointing, if it was anything to retain power or simply to get the govt formed knowing that as majority party you can bully the minor party historically remains to be seen.

Looks bad tho.

Comment

And before he went into politics, he was 'ponytail man' http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26424219.html
                                                    This kind of double think qualifies him for a job with Sinn Fein/ IRA

At a second interview with Lantern, he said he was asked if he had a problem getting his hair cut and said he did.

Mr Savage claimed he failed to get the job because he had long hair. In his view, a female would not have been treated in the same manner.
                                                    He was later contacted by the company and offered a job in his local area. He refused the job and claimed the offer was to cover up for the alleged discrimination.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

More injunction frenzy regarding the Wayne rooney hooker and an "a list" actor today. pretty big disconnect between the guys actual status and how much they are hyping it up. He really would have been better off letting it come out , not that many would have been interested and it would be forgotten about now. Instead its apparently been all over net the past 5 years and is now a huge story due yto the red tops getting into a self righteous strop about press freedom.

Comment

DHR was just on the radio spouting the same rubbish and I sighed and said Danny is wrong on this but won't let it go. The 21 year old girl I work with says why would ye let it go, her right. I tell her that her god can't control the weather. Her response, who does so?

This is what rural Ireland is stuck in....

Comment

Number of immigrants working in Ireland >>>>>>>> number of Irish people working abroad
                                                          True, but Ireland, in particular Dublin, has always had a large population of immigrant workers. Compared to say 10 years ago, emigration has massively increased. Has immigration increased to balance it? I honestly don't know but I would be surprised. In a relative sense my point stands.

It's a globalised world. Even thinking in terms of nationality these days seems a bit antiquated.
                                                          I completely agree.
                                                          Unemployment at 8.4%
                                                          Fairly spectacular and well under the EU average..

Comment

DHR was just on the radio spouting the same rubbish and I sighed and said Danny is wrong on this but won't let it go. The 21 year old girl I work with says why would ye let it go, her right. I tell her that her god can't control the weather. Her response, who does so?

If I were God I would definitely have in my contract that I could control the weather.

Comment

Explain.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Done it when I had a really bad kidney infection. Not in a hotel though, but took a pillow with me and lay my head on radiator as I was sick of getting up every 5 minutes!

Comment

I fell asleep on the toilet with my pants around my ankles a few years back. Thankfully I was at home after a night out, but was a bit weird to wake up around 6am, clean up and go to bed. I don't know how I didn’t fall off.

Comment

Wumming
                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 05-05-16, 12:53.

Comment

True, but Ireland, in particular Dublin, has always had a large population of immigrant workers.
                                                                      That would be true if by always you meant after 1995 ish

I guess thats what Always means for you
                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 05-05-16, 09:51.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

My kid ate 4 sossies. How much damage have I done to the little savage? Porridge has gone the way of monkey cucumber.

Comment

Was just looking for some bites, though do wonder where that money goes,and whether it actually has any effect on consumption \pollution anyway.
                                                                          The only people I listen to lecturing me about climate change are people who have given up flying,driving and eating food that has been flown into the country. Everyone else can get fucked!
                                                                          LOL ok m8. Economics 101 would say it does have an effect.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                            LOL ok m8. Economics 101 would say it does have an effect.
                                                                            Does it really have an effect on consumption of things like petrol where demand is so inelastic? Presumably the money raised should be put into stuff like public transport ,cycling clanes etc .is it ringfenced for things like this?

Comment

Courtesy of the parody Facebook page of Crumlin Shopping Centre and AndyChubbyBloke liking it

SPOILER

Comment

Never mind believing in God controlling the weather, there are gobshites in Dublin who think they can affect the result of a sports event by posting about it on a public forum. The curse of the BBV or something they call it.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                  Never mind believing in God controlling the weather, there are gobshites in Dublin who think they can affect the result of a sports event by posting about it on a public forum. The curse of the BBV or something they call it.
                                                                                  and many years after the invention of the combustable engine too.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                    Yes very disappointing, if it was anything to retain power or simply to get the govt formed knowing that as majority party you can bully the minor party historically remains to be seen.

Looks bad tho.
                                                                                    Would have made 10x the sense for Kenny to have supported a FF minority instead of this setup imo. Would have been just as unpalatable, but would certainly have made more sense!

They're agreeing to do what that FF minority would do, which are policies that conflict with what FG were aiming to do, and the path to prudence that we were so ably steered onto by the devils that were the Troika.

The state is still overspending and running a deficit today, four years into a more macro-prudential coalition of FG/LAB with that Troika oversight than what was before, today even with GDP growth in silly digits, and today even with exchequer returns above expectations. We are still not affording the costs of the State as it is today!

And now FG have promised that the State is to spend more!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      That would be true if by always you meant after 1995 ish

I guess thats what Always means for you
                                                                                      Yeah, I was only really referring to the last 20 years or so. Not necessarily what always means to me though. I suppose always shouldn't be taken too literally in most instances. Go back far enough and there was nothing going on.

Comment

Visiting a mate a few years ago, he was just back in the country so staying with his parents, start jibbing him about falling asleep in his parents bathroom and his dad having to take the door off the hinges to get in and get him moved

Great craic altogether, mighty craic, some session we had!

Cue 8 hours or so later and me in his parents bathroom

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                            Visiting a mate a few years ago, he was just back in the country so staying with his parents, start jibbing him about falling asleep in his parents bathroom and his dad having to take the door off the hinges to get in and get him moved

Great craic altogether, mighty craic, some session we had!

Cue 8 hours or so later and me in his parents bathroom
                                                                                            a friend got locked into the toilet in my attic on the morning of an All Ireland final (why he locked the door was beyond me ). He was starting to panic and was roaring about kicking the door down if we couldn't get it open.

I probably didn't help by asking him if the All Ireland tickets would slide out under the door

Comment

Couldn't watch the entirety of that Danny Healy-Rae clip, too cringe. I wonder will they be smart enough to gauge the reaction to it and realise that letting him out in public without Michael holding his reins is a mistake.

I was talking to some other Kerry people last night who didn't actually realise how much like a drunk moron he comes across, thinking he was a bit more like Michael with his gliceas hidden behind a hat and an accent. I would think (hope) if he comes out with shit like that regularly and it gets much press there will be people at home who will say ok, Michael has a purpose, but this fool is a disgrace.

As an aside, surprised by the amount of people on boards who seem to think climate change is a scam being propagated by 'vested interests'.

Comment

Ah lads. Who comes up with these things. The gift that keeps giving

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  As an aside, surprised by the amount of people on boards who seem to think climate change is a scam being propagated by 'vested interests'.

I'm not, remember there is just as many people with below average intelligence as there is people with above average intelligence.
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                      Dobby, this is what you voted for m8:

http://www.independent.ie/videos/iri...-34685763.html
                                                                                                      Jesus only actually watched the video now. I promise to stop pretending to defend this guy and his views in order to wind people up from now on.
                                                                                                      Christ

Comment

You're making fun of her but you wouldn't answer her valid question. Who controls the weather if it's not God m8?
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You're making fun of her but you wouldn't answer her valid question. Who controls the weather if it's not God m8?
                                                                                                          Like for everything else, it's the big corporations who are calling the shots. weather included.

Comment

'Big Weather'

Comment

The Holy Ghost, he has had fuck all to do since Jebus died m8!

Comment

Answer number aah b)

Kate Bush and her dad Donald Sutherland m8!

Choose whichever one you think is funnier

Comment

Unless an absolute miracle I.E. Swans winning their last two and Stoke losing both, I owe the following:

Recap, 50e bets.

Shano_88
                                                                                                                  Emmet
                                                                                                                  Jiggaman
                                                                                                                  Nuck

All have stoke to my Swans, GL.
                                                                                                                  Stars would be my preferred method to ship to you guys but can accommodate of course.

Comment

@Dice

We'll be a push unless Stoke fall apart and Swansea win the rest. My Watford v Your Norwich wins, Your Stoke v My Swansea will be a loss.

Comment

Doug you waxy bastard.

Liverpool v Chelsea wins
                                                                                                                      Palace v Newcastle wins
                                                                                                                      Villa v Leicester though, we managed to pit top v bottom.

I owe you 50 m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                        Doug you waxy bastard.

Liverpool v Chelsea wins
                                                                                                                        Palace v Newcastle wins
                                                                                                                        Villa v Leicester though, we managed to pit top v bottom.

I owe you 50 m8
                                                                                                                        My faith in villa over Leicester also ensures I owe ya 25 for predictions so you only owe me the 25 for the season. Must find my excel sheet with all my side bets, think I won most. Lost to Riggs obv
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

My faith in villa over Leicester also ensures I owe ya 25 for predictions so you only owe me the 25 for the season. Must find my excel sheet with all my side bets, think I won most. Lost to Riggs obv
                                                                                                                          I'd love that to be 25 but it was only a tenner I think

Will have to check back the facebook chat to see what we agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X