X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
    Many Rick and Morty fans in here?
    Only after watching first series but it's class so far to be honest. I don't find it binge worthy so taking my time with it. This show needs more love though

Red Dwarf was enjoyable up until the revamp season 9 which is dreadful(only on 1st episode though)
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I liked red dwarf.
      This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Night. Sorry again.
        This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

That story popped up a few weeks/months ago. Cant remember was it on here i was reading it ?
          This too shall pass.

Comment

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Rick and morty is class.
              The luas drivers can fuck themselves.
              Technical fault me bollox.
              Posting sit in pics on social media not the best idea
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                It's quite telling that this line is trotted out from the anti brigade.

Why would we want our money back?

We were contributing to our state and our society.
                So you'll honestly be happy when charges are binned to not receive a penny back?

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                I dunno really i guess 30-40pp, as to cuisine hadnt really thought about it, anything good would do

Well I'd recommend this place anyway. Went to dinner recently with a large table (5 couples) and it was great. As I say, I find the larger the table the more you end up talking to just the people beside you so anything that involves sharing / passing stuff around is a positive ime
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Gonna apply for Andy's old job for the bants
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I think our artist friend jumped the shark
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      I think our artist friend jumped the shark
                      wait, they arent just someone trolling ???

Comment

Anyone explain what all that's about as it seems to be over my head altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Shashka View Post
                          Who is Liam.....no Liam has a beautiful lady out there waiting for him. It's not me...

I am very very ill Mdoug.....
                          ...My shrink thinks we should see other people...

Comment

Have no clue what I just read. Assume there was some deleted posts.

Comment

Holy jesus and I thought I was nuts. That girl needs help
                              WTF
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                Have no clue what I just read. Assume there was some deleted posts.
                                Fairly standard night crew stuff. I blame the Rigger myself.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

WTF
                                  Comments like this should help, delete that.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Rick and morty is class.
                                    If you left the last line out it might be a decent haiku

Comment

Rick and Morty is great.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Rick and morty is class.
                                        Are the stopped today ? I'm off to ELO tonight need the feckers for once .

Comment

Even with the deleted posts I was still lost. I also blame rigger.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

A Song of Peace and Fire.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                              So you'll honestly be happy when charges are binned to not receive a penny back
                                              I paid €26 in water charges last year, net of the conservation grant. Illustrating the idiocy of both sides really.

They can keep it.

Comment

Still can't get over the furore over water charges & not a bother with the property tax...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                  Stephen Donnelly on IT Politics Podcast:

- there's a clear majority of TDs who ran on a platform of abolishing water charges
                                                  - there is a motion infront of the Dail to end water charges and hold a referendum assuring public ownership
                                                  - FG and FF's deal will involve denying that motion to be heard before the Dail
                                                  - Donnelly thinks this is wrong, but is confident charges will not be returned following the process outlined
                                                  - He's happy to proceed on that basis and move onto dealing with other pressing issues

Emmett was asking this question a couple of days ago.

You lads going to march for your money back?

Also he confirmed the SD position is to dispense with charges and fund via general taxation. So don't be giving them preferences! He thinks ye should get your money back though. His argument against pursuing non payers is amusing.
                                                  Here's him actually speaking in the Dáil on this. Not too long a video to take in.
                                                  Wicklow and Social Democrats TD Stephen Donnelly speaking on the Water Charges problem. 27-04-2016

Always amazing to hear him talk about abolishing Irish Water and replacing it with "Water Board of Ireland". (i.e the same thing!)

The talking out of both sides of his mouth has become painful. I was a massive, massive fan of Donnelly in opposition calling the Government to task on the banking issues, but he's gone full retard here. Calling for a referendum (free are they?) whilst complaining that the cost of facilitating water charges - which he's said is €100m (which can only be true if he's including CAPEX) makes the current charging system (which has been capped so as to offer the electorate the opportunity to get ready for full charge rates) uneconomical.

I absolutely agree with him that it's uneconomical, however he's looking at 'next year' and not 'for the next 100+ years'. The solution to make it economical is .... get ready for this...... charge people the true costs. We can both use the exact same reasons to suggest getting rid of the charges (his argument) and increasing the charges (my argument).

His 'solution' means that as a State we pay far far far more over then next 100 years than mine though. As the tragedy of the commons effect of unlinked consumption and charges continues with no chance of stopping it.

Would you rather that if the State had to overspend on something, and I mean had to, would you rather that was overspend on collecting water, cleaning that water, and delivering that water to people's homes so past the meter they could simply pour it into the earth, or overspend by putting money in people's pockets?

The Water Metering study (available on the CER's website, with raw data that I've been through) shows that of those studied, 22% of ALL of the water consumed was consumed by 1% of the households. 1 single household was using 45 times more water than an average house. 45 times!

Stephen's position supports that being perpetuated. Mine says that if they want to continue allowing leaks go unfixed, that they are going to have to help pay for all that waste.

Originally posted by emmet02
                                                  Someone needs to let Stephen Donelly know that between his party at the 87 other TDs he mentioned today that were 'elected with a very strong mandate' [Anti-Charges], there should certainly be the capability to form a suitable majority, vote a Taoiseach, form a government and enact the legislation they require. They might disagree on all other elements, but band together given this strong mandate that he tells us they have received.

If & when the charges were scrapped by that same government, they could get around to other issues. If they were unable to broadly agree on these other issues, they might make moves to dissolve themselves in order to bring about another election.

If the 90 TDs were indeed elected on an Anti-Charges mandate, why on earth are they not acting upon it now? If it is indeed the single issue that they were elected on the back of, this inaction is tantamount to scandalous!

Extending the Single-Issue TDs to Single-Issue Governments shouldn't be beyond logic.

That all begs the question though of why this hasn't been done though. Donnelly's claim of 90 TDs' mandate doesn't quite ring true really, does it?
                                                  FF and FG can only prevent a motion happening if they have a majority of the TDs.
                                                  Which they do......

I asked the question that if there truly was a majority of TDs that were Anti IW, then why on earth was it not gone.

The answer, quite simply, is that there is not a majority of TDs that were Anti-IW.
                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 29-04-16, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    I paid €26 in water charges last year, net of the conservation grant. Illustrating the idiocy of both sides really.

They can keep it.
                                                    THEY ended up giving ME €27 by the same calculation.

Comment

Anyway of improving battery life on the nexus 6p . 75% going to bed last night and practically dead this morning. Worst battery life iv ever had on a phone. Constantly on charge. Fucking sick of it now.
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Anyway of improving battery life on the nexus 6p . 75% going to bed last night and practically dead this morning. Worst battery life iv ever had on a phone. Constantly on charge. Fucking sick of it now.
                                                        some app running in background sucking the life out of it, close a few and see what happens

Comment

Oh Ranieri! You little beauty... Much

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                            some app running in background sucking the life out of it, close a few and see what happens
                                                            On my samsung. It was so easy stop all apps clear cache etc. Can't see how to do it on this.
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

On my samsung. It was so easy stop all apps clear cache etc. Can't see how to do it on this.
                                                              install greenify and do it that way

Comment

Huge battery drain on android is usually the facebook app in my experience.

Comment

Back in the day when I went to read the BBV and saw a few pages to read I looked forward to reading.

Things change dramatically

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                    Huge battery drain on android is usually the facebook app in my experience.
                                                                    Never had a problem with any other phone re fb. And I'm never off it. Weird
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Never had a problem with any other phone re fb. And I'm never off it. Weird
                                                                      I had a courtesy phone there and it came up about usage warnings for facebook all the time. The phone had a small memory. Said it would drain battery.

what else do you use regular? do you close apps properly regular?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                        I had a courtesy phone there and it came up about usage warnings for facebook all the time. The phone had a small memory. Said it would drain battery.

what else do you use regular? do you close apps properly regular?
                                                                        I just swipe, dunno if that's right.?
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

SnapChat is one of the biggest drainers MSN.

Comment

I just swipe, dunno if that's right.?
                                                                            Not sure about the 6, but on the 5 I pressed the square button and all open programs came up and you could scroll through them. I get rid of them from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              Still can't get over the furore over water charges & not a bother with the property tax...
                                                                              And USC?
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                Not sure about the 6, but on the 5 I pressed the square button and all open programs came up and you could scroll through them. I get rid of them from there.
                                                                                Yeah thats what I do, and swipe them away.
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                  Oh Ranieri! You little beauty... Much

http://m.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0429/785080-ranieri/
                                                                                  Yeah that was hinted at in popbitch the other day

Comment

Jesus , this country

More than 11,000 council house tenants in Dublin are to be offered the opportunity to buy their homes at discounts of up to 60 per cent of the market value in the coming weeks.

Most of them will be then flogged on at full whack. Money for nothing ,fucking hell.
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 29-04-16, 11:41.

Comment

Some dude on the radio earlier giving out about airbnb, removing apts from the rental market etc, he gave an example of a 2 bed in temple bar area that is currently for sale at nearly 2x market value because it has a 90% occupancy and generates 80k a year !

Nice tax free wedge.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                        Some dude on the radio earlier giving out about airbnb, removing apts from the rental market etc, he gave an example of a 2 bed in temple bar area that is currently for sale at nearly 2x market value because it has a 90% occupancy and generates 80k a year !

Nice tax free wedge.
                                                                                        Thought revenue were going after this. Apparently air bnb have delisted a load of their Berlin apartments due to new local council rules.

Comment

Nice tax free wedge.
                                                                                          how is that tax free? income tax is applicable no?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                            Jesus , this country

More than 11,000 council house tenants in Dublin are to be offered the opportunity to buy their homes at discounts of up to 60 per cent of the market value in the coming weeks.

Most of them will be then flogged on at full whack. Money for nothing ,fucking hell.
                                                                                            Someone with the a cash surplus could make a killing buying up a few of them for a % or two to the tenent

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                              Meh...only if you declare it.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                Virtual coin toss machine to open the door.
                                                                                                Gambling winnings are tax free

Comment

Gambling winnings are tax free
                                                                                                  Ahhh the innocence of the newly married

Comment

Meh...only if you declare it.
                                                                                                    Fairly sure AirBnB were obliged to reveal details to Revenue of landlords earnings

Loophole slammed firmly shut.

Comment

Cool Rick and Morty fantheory. Spoilers all seasons:

SPOILER
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                        Cool Rick and Morty fantheory. Spoilers all seasons:

SPOILER
                                                                                                        This is why I asked, class innit.

Comment

Jesus , this country

On past occasions when this was done there was a clause that prevented sale for a few years, think five or ten.

It's a great time to be an income tax payer, you get to reflect on the social necessity that is paying tax off the top (before your own mortgage), so that it can be indirectly diverted to give not housing, but actual houses to others.

Probably still need to cover their share of the water bills too.

And would we want USC abolished? Would we f&ck - we would prefer to see it used for 'social and public services' - for which read the many soul crushing ways a hard earned euro can be divided out among the deserving (i.e. those soon to be getting effectively free f&cking houses) and the civil services types - cos after all that tremednous service they've given, the least we could do is copper-plate their old age.

Worst part is, Paul Murphy, SF and all the rest of those leftist leaning pr*cks aren't even in government.

/rant.

Comment

Jesus , this country

That's nothing new. Happened regularly since the 80s.

Selling on makes no real odds. Full whack (which is below average given the condition), and clear the 60% from the mortgage. They are left holding 40% with nowhere to live. Get a new place and they are back with a 60% mortgage.
                                                                                                            The value is the buy out offer, what they do with it makes no odds.

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

For anyone going to ELO tonight, it's been cancelled and rescheduled for next Saturday

Comment

He must be in bits.

Very late to pull the plug. There's plenty in town already on the piss for it.
                                                                                                                  Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    I've watched it with the sound on and I still don't get it. Though maybe if I knew who the guy was I might...
                                                                                                                    Todays one for ya:
                                                                                                                    Kodos trying to drink a pint in London with Boris as he tries to gain popularity for his run at Mayor of London

SPOILER

All over the interwebs apparently

Double Cicada Brood 2024! #GoogleDoodle

Ex-Non dom, married to a Rothschild, trying and failing to hold a pint, in an attempt to appeal to some tory voter who lives on an estate
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 29-04-16, 14:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      There's a clawback mechanism if you sell the house too soon. Plus the 60% off is if you can persuade a bank to give you a mortgage on an income of €20k or so afair; which is vastly unrealistic.
                                                                                                                      Why do you think a mortgage is unrealistic.
                                                                                                                      100% collateral for a 40% mortgage is literally the opposite of the dumb shit the banks were doing 8-10 years ago

Comment

Thought this was interesting:

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/articl...brains/1392779

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          since when are prostate exams done via blood test? one of the reasons why most men would shy away from it is because it's rubber glove and finger up the arse time!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X