This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mocata View Post
    Visiting a friend recently in both places, there is some gulf between Vincents and James for oncology. Would swear they were in different countries
    Only superfically I hope, I'd expect treatment and outcomes to be identical.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

[vine]iP7n5lVJnZA[/vine]

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          [vine]iP7n5lVJnZA[/vine]
          I can never remember, is he Kang or Kodos?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Only superfically I hope, I'd expect treatment and outcomes to be identical.
            Would say its superficial alright, James' staff have had 3 different visitors to her in floods of tears for different reasons. Vincents was like a hotel by comparison, they allowed her to go home for a weekend to help her mental health and happiness in middle of treatment. I would be of the professional first/tough love mindset, didnt seem appropriate for me to bring it up to the girls ( and fella) who were so upset.
            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

You can see the exact moment the girl in the centre realises she can never vote for him.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                Pink Floyd's David Gilmour pays tribute to Prince, the only way he can.

What a guitarist!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...e5ff71ac99fd72
                I was supposed to go to Vienna to see him in June, not happening though, flight too expensive considering im not a Pink Floyd fan.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  [vine]iP7n5lVJnZA[/vine]
                  I'm sitting here watching this gif trying to figure out what I'm missing.
                  Watched it 10 times easily. Read on a few posts. Went back to it. Nada

Then I noticed it had volume control and it wasn't a gif.

Comment

I've watched it with the sound on and I still don't get it. Though maybe if I knew who the guy was I might...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      I've watched it with the sound on and I still don't get it. Though maybe if I knew who the guy was I might...

It's Ted Cruz. Apparently the big drama is him referring to it as a basketball ring rather than a hoop. The line he used was taken from a movie about an Indiana basketball team I think, a bit sketchy on that part of the details.

So it seems the nomination is all wrapped up now, amazing to think Trump was over evens just a few weeks ago. Been a fascinating campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                        You can see the exact moment the girl in the centre realises she can never vote for him.
                        I wonder what the other one is thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          No Survivor spoilers ye cunts
                          SPOILER

Episode had just been uploaded when I posted, I hadn't seen a second of it m8. Was just feeling sad at the thought of her going

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          Needs a wash imo
                          That'd be part of my plan alright
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I think it's general practise to spoiler ongoing stuff. Anyone who hasn't seen the exact amount of episodes you would now know people are in still in the game at the point you posted.

EDIT: No big deal, obv
                            Last edited by Keane; 28-04-16, 14:41.

Comment

Keane obviously pissed off that Tommy Walsh has left the Kerry panel. Such a Primadonna thing to do instead of staying and fighting for a place.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                I was supposed to go to Vienna to see him in June, not happening though, flight too expensive considering im not a Pink Floyd fan.
                                I would love to go to something like that. I have been a Floyd fan since I was a teenager. Used to have quite a collection of vinyl's.

Very quiet in here now, need more P&F imo

Comment

Was boat fishing out of Killybegs today. Jeez it was windy, rough with hail stones. Felt like an audition for that 'Deadliest Catch' program at times. We are approaching May ffs ???

Comment

For me, two jokes in it

1. Kang trying and failing to sound like a normal person, much along lines of British politicians claiming to love Greegs two days after saying fattie food is bad

If your going to try and use a line use the locals wording (hoop) and don't butcher a local legend
                                    Hoosiers is a 1986 sports film about a small-town Indiana high school basketball team that wins the state championship. The story is set during 1951/1952, wh...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                      Was boat fishing out of Killybegs today. Jeez it was windy, rough with hail stones. Felt like an audition for that 'Deadliest Catch' program at times. We are approaching May ffs ???
                                      In the pub the other day, one of the girls says "it's snowing"

other girl goes: "na it's the blossoms off the trees outside, no wait it's fucking snowing"

Comment

Stephen Donnelly on IT Politics Podcast:

- there's a clear majority of TDs who ran on a platform of abolishing water charges
                                        - there is a motion infront of the Dail to end water charges and hold a referendum assuring public ownership
                                        - FG and FF's deal will involve denying that motion to be heard before the Dail
                                        - Donnelly thinks this is wrong, but is confident charges will not be returned following the process outlined
                                        - He's happy to proceed on that basis and move onto dealing with other pressing issues

Emmett was asking this question a couple of days ago.

You lads going to march for your money back?

Also he confirmed the SD position is to dispense with charges and fund via general taxation. So don't be giving them preferences! He thinks ye should get your money back though. His argument against pursuing non payers is amusing.
                                        Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 28-04-16, 17:28.
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I do love some corn on the cob soaked in butter m8s

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                            Stephen Donnelly on IT podcast:

- there's a clear majority of TDs who ran on a platform of abolishing water charges
                                            Come the revolution...

Comment

Heavy showers of hailstones up in the Dublin 18 foothills and strong winds earlier - it really seemed like summer was here last week as well! March/April/May are so crazy...

Comment

TD Paul Murphy has been granted legal aid to defend his case on charges of falsely imprisoning Joan Burton.

Complete bullshit that Paul Murphy is getting legal aid. 90k salary before expenses, what he chooses to do with is his own business but it is more than sufficient for him to afford legal representation.

Comment

Meeting Rigger in town to watch the match. Location TBD. All welcome, even Lao Lao.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                    little lump of heaven right there
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Stephen Donnelly on IT Politics Podcast:

- there is a motion infront of the Dail to end water charges and hold a referendum assuring public ownership
                                                      - FG and FF's deal will involve denying that motion to be heard before the Dail
                                                      - Donnelly thinks this is wrong, but is confident charges will not be returned following the process outlined
                                                      - He's happy to proceed on that basis and move onto dealing with other pressing issues

Emmett was asking this question a couple of days ago.

Also he confirmed the SD position is to dispense with charges and fund via general taxation. So don't be giving them preferences! He thinks ye should get your money back though. His argument against pursuing non payers is amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                        http://www.thejournal.ie/paul-murphy...40512-Apr2016/

Complete bullshit that Paul Murphy is getting legal aid. 90k salary before expenses, what he chooses to do with is his own business but it is more than sufficient for him to afford legal representation.
                                                        If he doesn't have it because he gives it all away then he qualifies. Take it up with the judge who accepted his claim?
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Hate seeing people complain about the price of fish.
                                                          WHen you see the dangerous conditions lads have to work in.

Comment

If he doesn't have it because he gives it all away then he qualifies. Take it up with the judge who accepted his claim?
                                                            It's a joke that he even has the nerve to apply for it. Taxpayers shouldn't have to cover his political donations. Even if he doesn't have 50k to hand he could certainly get a loan for it. Absolute lunatic stuff.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                It's a joke that he even has the nerve to apply for it. Taxpayers shouldn't have to cover his political donations. Even if he doesn't have 50k to hand he could certainly get a loan for it. Absolute lunatic stuff.
                                                                If he did get a shit hot legal team it would be thrown in his face aswell. Again, it was accepted for some reason. I'm sure Kayroo can explain it better.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                Don't feed the LloydBot
                                                                Yeah, let's all engage in groupthink. I'm still waiting for the IW protests to die down and the FG / Labour government to be returned, oh wait...

Comment

If he did get a shit hot legal team it would be thrown in his face aswell. Again, it was accepted for some reason. I'm sure Kayroo can explain it better.

Whatever way you slice it the result is taxpayers on the hook for political donations. Rare enough that any general news annoys me but that is fuckin insane.

Comment

Understand the reasons behind not selecting him tonight but you have to wonder about Sturridge future under Klopp at Liverpool now.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                      For me, two jokes in it

1. Kang trying and failing to sound like a normal person, much along lines of British politicians claiming to love Greegs two days after saying fattie food is bad

If your going to try and use a line use the locals wording (hoop) and don't butcher a local legend
                                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cdc13CU9Fc
                                                                      Just downloaded this was it good!?. Never knew of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                        Hate seeing people complain about the price of fish.
                                                                        WHen you see the dangerous conditions lads have to work in.
                                                                        Yeah, I only brought home a couple cod fillets and a couple pollack fillets and it cost me €50

Comment

Comment

Getting my after timing in early. Villa real to win by 3 . A fiver .

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              Just downloaded this was it good!?. Never knew of it.
                                                                              Is what it is, american smaltz sports film, one of the better ones though

Comment

The scoreboard is a palindrome
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just catching up with Saul season 2. So good...Vince Gilligan is a genius.

The episode
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  with Tuco S2E04
                                                                                  was class!

Comment

Just catching up with Saul season 2. So good...Vince Gilligan is a genius.

The episode
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    with Tuco S2E04
                                                                                    was class!
                                                                                    Its really a fantastic show. Theres something different about it that really makes it quality, cant even tell exactly what that is.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

He applied and the State didn't object. You'd need to be on the serious cash to not get legal aid. If he had donated the money to the Samaritans then nobody would bat an eyelid over his application. He gave it to AAA-PBP so everyone is raging over it.

I do think it's somewhat disingenuous of him to apply for it though because I think that he did so knowing that either he would get it; thus creating this reaction, or he wouldn't, therefore creating a different but equally beneficial reaction for him. He could definitely have afforded his own representation based on his access to resources however he clearly met the criteria and it is a vital aspect of our system of justice that everyone has access to legal representation to protect their liberty irrespective of their means.

In short, he was entitled to it but that doesn't make it right that he sought it. Ultimately if he'd been denied it then he would have appealed that decision and it would have wasted more time and money. Time to just get on with it.

EDIT: The very very best defence lawyers do legal aid work too Lloyd. He will still get a hot shot team of lawyers in all likelihood. This isn't the USA.
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Any suggestions on a venue for a birthday dinner of like 12-16 people on a Saturday night in Dublin 3 weeks from now?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          One of the arguments i read for James is that its just a better hospital. Consistently top in terms of health outcomes.

Was it in that direction you found it Horatio, or Vincents is better.
                                                                                          I've never been in Vincents Hitch. The care we got when we got through to actual A&E was excellent , the long delay in the waiting room was apparently down to a doctor and some nurses not turning up for work. It's the information deficit as you sit there getting ever more tired that is so frustrating. They should have those screens they have in the driving license centres which display where you are in the queue and approx waiting times.

I had a bad experience when an inpatient in the coronary unit. It was basically human error but it was the lengths that they went to initially in order to try and hide that fact that was so worrying.

Thankfully nothing too serious wrong with my mam.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                            Any suggestions on a venue for a birthday dinner of like 12-16 people on a Saturday night in Dublin 3 weeks from now?
                                                                                            Hillbillys.

edit: haha I read that as Dublin 3, week from now. Carry on.
                                                                                            Last edited by eamonhonda; 28-04-16, 21:47.
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Lawless starts at 11 15 on film four. Kick arse movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                                Price range?
                                                                                                Preference?

I have found the likes of Jeruselaum to be good. Good atmosphere, byob, tasty food and Middle Eastern cuisine has something for everyone and allows a large table to share and pass stuff around, etc

Comment

I wrote a small piece for a website that covers amateur soccer. My first ever piece of published journalism. Any criticism/advice welcome but go easy on me. I've never written anything before. I will be previewing the other finals as they come around.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    I wrote a small piece for a website that covers amateur soccer. My first ever piece of published journalism. Any criticism/advice welcome but go easy on me. I've never written anything before. I will be previewing the other finals as they come around.

http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/ke...inal-previews/
                                                                                                    Very good Dobby well done. Not much to add but you might consider listing the fixture, time and venue on top of the preview

Mitchels Avenue v Ballyheigue Athletic 14:00 Mounthawk Park
                                                                                                    First up on Friday night we have Denny Division 2A and table toppers Mitchels Avenue from Tralee will face Ballyheigue Athletic. Mitchels finished this campaign with an impressive 27 points from 12 games, only losing once while Ballyheigue stayed with them all the way finishing on 26 points and remaining unbeaten in 12 with a record of 7 wins and 5 draws.

Comment

Thanks rounders. I just looked at the notes I made out beforehand and I had the date, time and venue included but forgot to put it in the article, balls!!. Ty for compliment.

Comment

Price range?
                                                                                                        Preference?

I have found the likes of Jeruselaum to be good. Good atmosphere, byob, tasty food and Middle Eastern cuisine has something for everyone and allows a large table to share and pass stuff around, etc
                                                                                                        I dunno really i guess 30-40pp, as to cuisine hadnt really thought about it, anything good would do

Comment

http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/ke...inal-previews/
                                                                                                          Link won't load for me m8 but thought it was great.

Comment

Link won't load for me m8 but thought it was great.
                                                                                                            Just for you m8

SPOILER
                                                                                                            All roads will lead to Mounthawk Park in Tralee, the home of Kerry soccer, this weekend for the first divisional finals of the season.

First up on Friday night we have Denny Division 2A and table toppers Mitchels Avenue from Tralee will face Ballyheigue Athletic. Mitchels finished this campaign with an impressive 27 points from 12 games, only losing once while Ballyheigue stayed with them all the way finishing on 26 points and remaining unbeaten in 12 with a record of 7 wins and 5 draws.

There was literally no separating these sides when they faced each other with both games ending in a draw. Those games finished 1-1 in Tralee and a scintillating 3-3 draw in Ballyheigue. We could be in for a real attacking treat with plenty of goals from two sides that try to play good football while doing the simple things well and with Mitchels outscoring Ballyheigue 32-29 in the league that is the only statistic that can give us any indication of what may separate these sides.

Next up on Sunday we have Denny Division 1B where Tralee Celtic take on Athletico Ardfert. Tralee Celtic finished top of this tough division with 33 points, 11 wins and 1 loss from 12 games with their only loss coming in their first game of the season. Meanwhile, Ardfert only needed 11 games to make this final with 9 wins and 2 losses along the way.

Most notably, those two losses were at the hands of Tralee Celtic which they won 1-0 in Tralee and 3-2 in Ardfert so the advantage is certainly with Tralee Celtic in this tie. This is one of the toughest divisions in the KDL and Ardfert were very unlucky to miss out on a league final appearance last season due to their GAA club winning the All-Ireland title. Both of these teams are good footballing sides so spectators could be in for a cracker on Sunday.

We wish the very best of luck to all four clubs this weekend and hope to see plenty of good football and lots of goals.

Comment

It's quite telling that this line is trotted out from the anti brigade.

Why would we want our money back?

We were contributing to our state and our society.
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Made it chilli butter and its nyom nyom nyom

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                Very good Dobby well done. Not much to add but you might consider listing the fixture, time and venue on top of the preview

Mitchels Avenue v Ballyheigue Athletic 14:00 Mounthawk Park
                                                                                                                Good stuff Dobby.

Maybe add a line at the end of each match to say where the pints afterwards are happening.
                                                                                                                "Ballyheigue Athletic promise to have a piss up in the Castle Arms if they win. (Half the team are barred from the White Sands)"

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  It's quite telling that this line is trotted out from the anti brigade.

Why would we want our money back?

We were contributing to our state and our society.
                                                                                                                  Take your money back if offered, pop a pic of it up here for the anti-lot and use the money to install a shit hot water purification device in your house

Thanks to these clowns you're probably gonna need it for the next few years at least!

Comment

Just watched Predator for the first time in years,

Show!

Better than you remember most likely!!!

Comment

Thanks rounders. I just looked at the notes I made out beforehand and I had the date, time and venue included but forgot to put it in the article, balls!!. Ty for compliment.
                                                                                                                      Maybe send them an edit, if they are any use they will be happy for you to do so!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                        Maybe send them an edit, if they are any use they will be happy for you to do so!
                                                                                                                        Nah it's up on the website now and they said they're happy with it and happy for me to do more so I'll stick it in next time.

Comment

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
                                                                                                                          This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X