Did you have anything on an equaliser? Bleugh

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Spurs have hit the post three times.

Something bad is going to happen.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        No, but i'm thinking of entering a 1 mile race in june.
        there was nothing shorter availible
        With all the various fitness crazes going on there has to be a market for shorter races,adult decathlons or something,I'd be on for it.

Comment

Snooker going into a deciding frame. Behind red button on BBC.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
            Did you have anything on an equaliser? Bleugh
            No. I actually really like spurs but you would want to be some prick not be funking for Leicester to win the damn thing now.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              I think Spurs will win their 4 remaining games for 80 points and superior goal difference.
              Leicester are on 76 and are away to Man Utd, home to Everton, away to Chelsea. Can see them getting a win at home to Everton, meaning they need 2 points from those 2 away games.

I think Spurs are value at 4/1.
              At least hotspur only has himself to blame for the curse
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Enhance my diddy Paddy Power.

Comment

I can't believe Spurs didn't beat WBA. I would have bet my head on it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    I can't believe Spurs didn't beat WBA. I would have bet my head on it.
                    You need a stiff drink there Hotspur

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Spurs have hit the post three times.

Something <WONDERFUL> is going to happen.
                      What a time to be alive!! And for Spurs to be crushed by a typical gritty Pulisball performance too.
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Leicester to win the title at Old Trafford

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          Leicester to win the title at Old Trafford
                          Will get to lift it at home too

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            Kane to score 2 or more enhanced from 5/2 to 7/2 PP
                            Just curious given your fondness for the aul' enhanced odds, are you up or down on these over the past season? Just wondering if it's clever marketing ploy by PP that's a winner or loser on the actual performance of the enhanced maket?
                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

What a story!

On another note. Could it change the way PL football is played? Will clubs and coaches be looking at Leicester and adopt a similar high intensity, defend well, attack quick tactic. You can see Klopp already putting his stamp on Liverpool with that kinda style. Could be great for the league.

Comment

this article on what cycling has become
                                No more hippies and explorers: a lament for the changed world of cycling

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                  Just curious given your fondness for the aul' enhanced odds, are you up or down on these over the past season? Just wondering if it's clever marketing ploy by PP that's a winner or loser on the actual performance of the enhanced maket?
                                  I have no idea for sure. But certainly down.

Comment

What a story!

On another note. Could it change the way PL football is played? Will clubs and coaches be looking at Leicester and adopt a similar high intensity, defend well, attack quick tactic. You can see Klopp already putting his stamp on Liverpool with that kinda style. Could be great for the league.
                                    No. *cough* drugs *cough*

Edit: rumours obv. Don't know if true or not.
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Even if its true,nobody give a fuck. Football (and all team\skill based sports) is different.
                                      Last edited by Guest; 25-04-16, 21:47.

Comment

Kinihan mob running away with this feud,could run up a cricket score

Comment

What a story!

It's been done many times before. Won't work in Europe when deep into a tourney.

Comment

Apparently that "drug" was just some kinda fat burning pill. If that's all it was its harsh on him to have it hanging over him at this stage of the season.

Comment

GOT....still would...
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Mansfield story not really getting the push today.
                                                Such a huge story waiting to be unleashed I'm sure,it'll prob be decades\never before we get the full truth
                                                Last edited by Guest; 25-04-16, 22:21.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Mansfield story not really getting the push today.
                                                  Such a huge story waiting to be unleashed I'm sure,it'll prob be decades\never before we get the full truth I'm sure
                                                  Nobody gives a shite about how FF are funded and who really gets wealthy from crime when you can flog newspapers making up stories about penguins and vipers
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Even though most people want Leicester to win the PL I have to say I'd prefer Spurs to win it. (however unlikely) Simple reason, as an Irish fan of the PL/Div1 growing up most of the people I know where Chelsea/Pool/United/Spurs/Arsenal fans The banter was always good craic even though the real rivalry was with the all conquering pool teams/fans of the 70s and 80s (jayz I hated them, they were so good) . So thinking of all those long suffering Drimnagh Spurs fans and what it would mean to them I'd favour a Spurs title. A great story if the foxes win it but n a local level it means little to me. So here's hoping

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                      It's been done many times before. Won't work in Europe when deep into a tourney.
                                                      Liverpool are in the EL semis after playing like that

Maybe not the best defensive side but playing with high intensity and attacking well.

Comment

Liverpool are in the EL semis after playing like that

Maybe not the best defensive side but playing with high intensity and attacking well.
                                                        In the 12 games Liverpool have played in the EL this season, they have scored more than once in a game only twice this season. At home to Dortmund (4-3) and home to Sion (2-1).

Comment

Looking to pick up an Android box for heading to Malta. What should i be looking out for? Would like to have the usual addons that i can watch sport, some films, TV shows and possibly live UK TV?

May want a second one to keep the kids entertained with Netlix etc.

Any of these deals seem reasonable?

Pigsback is an exclusive members only travel club offering our members huge discounts and great deals on hand-picked luxury hotels and holidays

Pigsback is an exclusive members only travel club offering our members huge discounts and great deals on hand-picked luxury hotels and holidays

Join Secret Escapes for free to enjoy luxury travel at low prices.

Comment

Kinihan mob running away with this feud,could run up a cricket score
                                                            Pulled one back an hour ago by the looks of it

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                              Pulled one back an hour ago by the looks of it
                                                              Ah, RTE say not linked. Dublin needs a clean up m8s.

Comment

With all the various fitness crazes going on there has to be a market for shorter races,adult decathlons or something,I'd be on for it.
                                                                This one is a 1-mile "city dash" for a cancer charity. Easy to get participants that way.
                                                                The fitness needed for completion is quite low, so all the people who like to appear fit and healthy but despise the actually effort needed are on board.
                                                                If you allow people to push prams/h buggies, then the the yummy mummy contingency are in. And with a stagger start based on estimated time, you should get the elites interested.

I was looking for a 5-10km race. Seen this a figured, I wonder what my mile time would be. I've no idea what to aim for tbh.

Comment

This one is a 1-mile "city dash" for a cancer charity. Easy to get participants that way.
                                                                  The fitness needed for completion is quite low, so all the people who like to appear fit and healthy but despise the actually effort needed are on board.
                                                                  If you allow people to push prams/h buggies, then the the yummy mummy contingency are in. And with a stagger start based on estimated time, you should get the elites interested.

I was looking for a 5-10km race. Seen this a figured, I wonder what my mile time would be. I've no idea what to aim for tbh.
                                                                  5 mins if you run it. You will spend longer changing

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                    5 mins if you run it. You will spend longer changing
                                                                    A 5min mile sounds a like an exceptional tbh.

Anybody here with a history in athletics?
                                                                    a quick google turned up thi;

10 out of 60 sub 6 min mile
                                                                    1 out of 60 sub 5 min mile

I'd assume the field was made of of people into the aul running

Comment

Look at stuff like parkrun, some normal plebs running 5k so you'll get an estimate. Not hard to get a mile time from it.

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                        Look at stuff like parkrun, some normal plebs running 5k so you'll get an estimate. Not hard to get a mile time from it.

http://www.parkrun.ie/stannes/results/latestresults/
                                                                        Top 10% is about 20:40

Found this calculator to convert between distances. Suggests that 6min mile is equal to a 20:30 5km

Comment

I was training mile times for the craic a couple months ago Mellor. Think my best was 5:45 or so and I run a 20-21 min 5k. It's more challenging than it sounds but a nice distance!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                            I was training mile times for the craic a couple months ago Mellor. Think my best was 5:45 or so and I run a 20-21 min 5k. It's more challenging than it sounds but a nice distance!
                                                                            Yeah I think the target has to be sub-6 mins, 5:40 at a push.
                                                                            Have to also allow for people who want to be in the first group but not able to run causing carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Looking to pick up an Android box for heading to Malta. What should i be looking out for? Would like to have the usual addons that i can watch sport, some films, TV shows and possibly live UK TV?

May want a second one to keep the kids entertained with Netlix etc.

Any of these deals seem reasonable?

http://www.dealrush.ie/deal/12257?ak...dealpage.ie%2F
                                                                              Get a fire TV, Nvidia Shield or Raspberry Pi imo.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                May have been posted, good Tiger Woods article.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...?ex_cid=espntw
                                                                                ...Read this in work yesterday, quite detailed buy probably the most enjoyable article I've read in a long time , Thanks Honda...Tiger Woods really is a specimen like no other, always been obsessed with the way his life has transformed.... Oh, if anyone has anymore articles like this about others that they'd recommend, I'm bored shiteless until 14:00 each day for the last two weeks of every month, I need some assistance in staying awake...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Fancy linking me to a decent kit please DP?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    In the 12 games Liverpool have played in the EL this season, they have scored more than once in a game only twice this season. At home to Dortmund (4-3) and home to Sion (2-1).
                                                                                    They beat United 2-0 at Anfield. It's gonna be a slow process there but you can definitely see what Klopp is bringing and they will be a different animal next season.

Comment

They beat United 2-0 at Anfield. It's gonna be a slow process there but you can definitely see what Klopp is bringing and they will be a different animal next season.
                                                                                      Pools year eh Dobby ? You sound like one of them now.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        Looked at the Amazon Fire before, we have all smart TV's as well that have wifi built into them if that makes any difference. Tony will be setting something up prob. Is there a lot to setting up the Pi for what we want? we just want to be able to watch sky channels like we currently do.

The Nvidia looks not too bad...

Also we have the chromecast as well.
                                                                                        Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 26-04-16, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                          Looked at the Amazon Fire before, we have all smart TV's as well that have wifi built into them if that makes any difference. Tony will be setting something up prob. Is there a lot to setting up the Pi for what we want? we just want to be able to watch sky channels like we currently do.

The Nvidia looks not too bad...

Come with us now, on a journey through time and space....
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

That looks a lot of reading lol. New to all the android box stuff as we have sky multiroom and had so for 15 or more years. I do have showbox and allcast for other things but the android boxes are a new thing to us

Comment

Lets go easy peasy set up

and and IPTV sub like sports&more or something on PLEX

Comment

Just seen Tiger registered for the US open

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFfCpvT_MV8

Comment

GOT Question

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Was there any significance in showing us that yer one was really an old lady at the end? Is she losing faith or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                    GOT Question

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Was there any significance in showing us that yer one was really an old lady at the end? Is she losing faith or something like that?
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    i imagine just to remind/reinforce the fact she is a powerful witch who's been around a very long time

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                      Pools year eh Dobby ? You sound like one of them now.
                                                                                                      And there goes the chance of having a non drool conversation about Utd/Pool

Comment

GOT Question

SPOILER
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Everyone thinks she's this super powerful witch, but really she's just an old lady who knows a few tricks.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          i imagine just to remind/reinforce the fact she is a powerful witch who's been around a very long time
                                                                                                          Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          Everyone thinks she's this super powerful witch, but really she's just an old lady who knows a few tricks.
                                                                                                          Haven't seen the episode yet (haven't finished the last season, because I'm want to finish ADWD first)

But sounds like you both took different things from the scene.

Comment

Haven't seen the episode yet (haven't finished the last season, because I'm want to finish ADWD first)

Yeah it's interesting. I think my book obsessiveness is colouring my interpretation of the show. We are all watchers now so it could go either way.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

GOT Question

SPOILER
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              The ruby wasn't as strong as before and I think she has lost faith. I think she is thinking of making a sacrafice of herself to the Lord of Light and raise Jon Snow and she goes instead. She sees herself and sees how old she really is. This young man died and she thought he was the one to get them through the long night.

Another thing, how the fk did Tristayne get to where he was? He left with Jamie and Marcella to go to Kings Landing I am sure? Not sure why they killed off the whole Martell family, was a bit shite lol

Comment

And there goes the chance of having a non drool conversation about Utd/Pool
                                                                                                                You sound great craic altogether boy. Take away the banter and what's left. ?

Comment

His actually probably makes more sense.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  if taken with the fact she comes in to the room with John Snow's body. I actually thought she was going to try and revive him. So in that context, the fact she goes back to her room, and changes form seems to show her as old and tired, and maybe not strong enough to revive him?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    The ruby wasn't as strong as before and I think she has lost faith. I think she is thinking of making a sacrafice of herself to the Lord of Light and raise Jon Snow and she goes instead. She sees herself and sees how old she really is. This young man died and she thought he was the one to get them through the long night.

Another thing, how the fk did Tristayne get to where he was? He left with Jamie and Marcella to go to Kings Landing I am sure? Not sure why they killed off the whole Martell family, was a bit shite lol
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Good spot on the ruby. It seemed dulled.

As for the other thing, I agree completely. The entire Dorne plotline has been complete shit. It's not great in the books but it's not trash either.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

http://www.parkrun.ie/stannes/results/latestresults/
                                                                                                                      Most people's pace slows after 2 - 2.5k so it wouldn't be a simple conversion. Maybe convert then deduct 8%ish.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yeah it's interesting. I think my book obsessiveness is colouring my interpretation of the show. We are all watchers now so it could go either way.
                                                                                                                        I'm a complete book obsessive tbh. Was late starting last season, and stopped halfway waiting to finish ADWD. Took a while to find ADWD: Part 2, so I've been re-reading from the start.

I should really be careful with spoilers when the show is running ahead.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Mellor; 26-04-16, 11:42.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          I took it that all her magic takes a toll and she is wearing out and getting weaker. That is why she thought she was wrong and cant see the visions clearly or so she thinks - pretty sure John Snow will be back at some stage, tagareyan blood presumably means that he has a part to play in the final zombie v dragon round up.

I am guessing she cant bring people back from the dead as happens with the other priest guy a few seasons back or is just to weak to do it\will die if she does it. I think she is also pretty gutted that she threw her lot in with Stanis and wore herself out on pretty pointless infighting for a crown before finding the guy she wanted in John Snow

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X