This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    I hate to break it to you but doubtless some other uncle who gets them fun stuff like a Star Wars Force Awakens Lego Set and a Frozen doll is still their actual favourite uncle.
    undoubtedly, or just one who lives in the same hemisphere
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Has national geographic not gone downhill since it was bought over recently? Remember reading an article about it running stories about aliens or non scientific stuff since the buy out. Think my mam stopped subscribing too cos if content

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Strewelpeter as a name has a meaning? Mind is indeed blown.

Those are brill photos P+F.
        Get a copy of the book for your kids and they too could end up like me

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Subscribe to National Geographic to feel like a globally engaged citizen. Flick through the pictures every month. Put it in the IKEA cabinet will 300 more issues. Cabinet collapses under the weight. Fuck the whole lot in a skip.

This is my fav pic ever from them:

Comment

Sean McGoldrick is a clever chap - http://www.independent.ie/sport/othe...-34627179.html

RTÉ now - http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2016/...eat-in-turkey/

Katie Taylor suffers shock defeat to Yana Alekseevna in Turkey

Katie Taylor suffered a shock defeat at the semi-finals of the of the European Olympic qualifiers, a she was convincingly beat by Azerbaijan's Yana Alekseevna

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Subscribe to National Geographic to feel like a globally engaged citizen. Flick through the pictures every month. Put it in the IKEA cabinet will 300 more issues. Cabinet collapses under the weight. Fuck the whole lot in a skip.

This is my fav pic ever from them:

Comment

Interesting think piece in today's Guardian based on the recent LSD study.

Our brains, with their intrinsic tendency to segregate, are designed to veer toward over-control. Psychedelics blow all that apart – and we can learn from them

Opr

Comment

Katie taylor loses Olympic qualifying fight

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    old news

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Not even surprising really.

Comment

Why isn't it surprising? I thought she was good?

Comment

Countries were obviously going to produce talent to compete eventually and she isn't getting any younger.

Her Da who has always been in her corner and who loves God was caught playing away so it's all been a mess for her recently.

Gods will though innit Katie m8.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Why isn't it surprising? I thought she was good?
                              Emmet posted about it 20 minutes ago with an article explaining why she may very well lose

Comment

Comment

A question, if someone doesnt mind.

What's a good car for maybe €20k? The only non-noob thing I know is to not buy new. So would probably be a two year old. Are you getting into okay two year old Beemer territory at that price?
                                  How long do you expect to keep the car?

And what colour head gasket do you want?

Comment

Comment

What's a good car for maybe €20k? The only non-noob thing I know is to not buy new. So would probably be a two year old. Are you getting into okay two year old Beemer territory at that price?
                                      that's a lot of money for a second hand car tbh. Also don't forget if you ever return home, you won't take it with you.

Comment

Read that it's about eight years that cars are owned for, so probably that. As long as it has go-faster stripes the colour is not an issue.
                                        Good horizon for spreading the brunt of the depreciation costs alright.

No more kids planned? That you already have some means the sexy 2-doors are out.

I recommend the Skoda Superb. The perfect combination of executive saloon and "I'm a dad so there".

Seine Premiere feiert er erst im März beim Genfer Autosalon 2015. Wir durften jetzt schon probesitzen im neuen Skoda Superb! Geräumiger und hochwertiger im I...

You're almost talking about a brand new one for that budget.

Comment

I know you've bought into the culture and all, but whatever you do, don't buy anything French

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                              I know you've bought into the culture and all, but whatever you do, don't buy anything French
                                              Did you have a problem with a French car?

Comment

Comment

Buying French in France is acceptable as long as you buy from new (there is also a very good resale market for French cars in France would you believe!)

Comment

I'd have another kid, but wife is dead set against it. She feels that two kids by 26 is enough done
                                                    I was dead set against having ANY kids. Didn't have my first till 28 and my last at 37. There is plenty of room for her to change her mind. Once the kids get older you start to want another when you are still young enough

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                      Everyone has a problem with a French car!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        Everyone has a problem with a French car!
                                                        Not true, I have had quite a few over the last 23 years and not very many problems! so the everyone is WRONG

Comment

Who does the best Black and White Pudding m8s

Comment

All cars are shit apart from BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Go as far back as you have to. You'd probably get a 2011 520d for that money in France.

I've settled on buying a 7 year old 7-series every 2 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                              Clonakilty in this country but I mush prefer Scottish black pudding.

Comment

Clonakilty in this country but I mush prefer Scottish black pudding.
                                                                ah wid ne'er hae expected that whit wi' ye bein' a scot lik'

Comment

All cars are shit apart from BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Go as far back as you have to. You'd probably get a 2011 520d for that money in France.

buying a new car every five years probably a sucker play but it's my default setting

Comment

Clonakilty ainec

Comment

lol. Audis are overpriced VWs and the other 2, although great, have plenty of issues. Why anyone would buy 7-series is beyond me, they're fucking tanks and drink like them! new car every 2 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        buying a new car every five years probably a sucker play but it's my default setting
                                                                        I'm a disaster....Get bored of them so quickly...For most they're just a tool to get from A to B, but I've always liked unusual stuff and tinkering with them....Don't think I've ever had a car more than 2 years, except for this which I've had for 15:

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          lol. Audis are overpriced VWs and the other 2, although great, have plenty of issues. Why anyone would buy 7-series is beyond me, they're fucking tanks and drink like them! new car every 2 years?
                                                                          That's why! If I'm to get off the couch, I damn well better be getting into an armchair. My current one does about 11/100 km which is grand. Only do maybe 10000km a year.

I suppose including Audi is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Not true, I have had quite a few over the last 23 years and not very many problems! so the everyone is WRONG
                                                                            "Not very many problems", isn't loads of problems. But is more problems than no problems

Comment

ah wid ne'er hae expected that whit wi' ye bein' a scot lik'
                                                                              Ah but there is a huge difference CHD,totally different texture. I am not a fan of some of the puddings here, full of oats I think and gives it a weird texture. If you haven't tried the Scottish stuff from the butchers and you are in Bonnie Scotland sometime you really need to try it. It is lovely stuff. Clonakilty is th closest to our pudding as you get in this country

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                "Not very many problems", isn't loads of problems. But is more problems than no problems
                                                                                You can't expect a 10 year old car not to need a bulb changed or a new tyre! I blew the brain of my scenic. Can't really blame renault can we? was the over charging of an alternator on the car I chose to help one day!

Comment

Ah but there is a huge difference CHD,totally different texture. I am not a fan of some of the puddings here, full of oats I think and gives it a weird texture. If you haven't tried the Scottish stuff from the butchers and you are in Bonnie Scotland sometime you really need to try it. It is lovely stuff. Clonakilty is th closest to our pudding as you get in this country
                                                                                  I'll stick it on the list beside Haggis

Comment

I'm fucking sick of trying to buy a car.
                                                                                    Currently have it narrowed down to a passat 1.6 diesel somewhere between 09 and 11 and no more than 10K must have cruise control and have the speedo denominated in Kmph
                                                                                    It seems that anything that meets both those requirements is being sold by arrogant pricks who think the smell of their farts permeating the seats makes the car worth a 15% premium over the going rate.
                                                                                    Might give up on the speedo and import one from the UK next week

Comment

Guess the Correlation. How good are you at guessing correlation coefficients from scatter plots? Test your skills!

Is the most fascinating little game I've ever come across

Comment

Have a Mazda 6 and love it. Skoda Superb is a very nice option too. Obviously for that money you have a huge range that you can choose from so take your time.

Comment

Half the cars in Norway are Teslas (the 150k one), I will only get a driving licence for one of them bad boys, then it will be useless. New one is pretty affordable

My friends bmw i3 is class, the extras cost ass much as the car.

Comment

Not going to argue against clonakilty but Kelly's black pudding is very tasty. Inch is very good too

Comment

No, I had the sense to avoid them (although I did have an Alfa for a while! )

LOL sample size

Avoid the 2 litre BMW diesel engines - timing chains on them are ticking timebombs. Audi and VW are so solid these days though.

Comment

Insurance settled for my bike: 50% depreciation of a new bike + full price of parts I put in last month, they essentially buy it off you for salvage and I think I can buy it back of them for like €50. Odd system but I can understand it, parts can be compromised.

Seeing as it is bike to work it's not a bad deal.

Comment

Fuck sake 15 minutes and counting on hold to get a new PIN for my credit card so I can rent a car in France because they won't take VISA debit.

Comment

No, I had the sense to avoid them (although I did have an Alfa for a while! )

LOL sample size

Avoid the 2 litre BMW diesel engines - timing chains on them are ticking timebombs. Audi and VW are so solid these days though.
                                                                                                    Eh, I know a load of people who actually like French cars, just because I said I disagreed with the term everyone which means EVERYONE and since I am not against them everyone is not accurate!

I may have been driving longer that you are alive young man! I have driven many many types of cars and have opinions on which ones I like and which ones I dislike through experience driving them. Which is easier than saying I have the sense to avoid

Comment

Clonakilty loloverrated IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        Name an alternative

Comment

Fuck sake 15 minutes and counting on hold to get a new PIN for my credit card so I can rent a car in France because they won't take VISA debit.
                                                                                                          when/where are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                            Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Name an alternative
                                                                                                            Now we're cooking m8s

GET IT ON

Comment

when/where are you going?
                                                                                                              Heading to a house just outside Nice at the end of May with another family.

Comment

Skodas are VWs too!

Comment

Heading to a house just outside Nice at the end of May with another family.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1353053a
                                                                                                                  nice! lovely time of year as well before the mass influx of tourists

Comment

Reids is good pudding too.

Rudds white is good, and I like their mixture of black white. Very trendy.

Comment

nice! lovely time of year as well before the mass influx of tourists
                                                                                                                      Hoping the weather will be warm enough by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Reids is good pudding too.

Rudds white is good, and I like their mixture of black white. Very trendy.
                                                                                                                        I don't like the white pudding over here. Although back home they have the square Lorne Sausage with a triangle/circle of black pudding inside. It is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          Skodas are VWs too!
                                                                                                                          So are SEATs

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X