This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    It didn't look great in Dublin city anyhow, just a faint red nothing spectacular.
    ...Myself and brother were using this to see it, quite impressive 😁😁...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
      ...Myself and brother were using this to see it, quite impressive 😁😁...
      Can't open the link. Will you stick it up on imgur or some such site?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
        Can't open the link. Will you stick it up on imgur or some such site?
        And maybe a pic you took.

It was quite impressive looking from down out in the bog and also rather excellent that I didn't even have to get out of bed to see it.
        Not so excellent that I didn't even need to set an alarm as I can rely on my bladder to have me wandering around at that time.
        Still better than my space mad colleague who I noticed checking in code and doing builds all night I assume in an effort to keep himself awake for it.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

As predicted woke up with phone beside me in bed and Bo memory of getting up at 3 to turn off alarm so missed the moon

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
              Brown's a massive cunt.

Negated somewhat by the fact he's more than good enough to back it up.
              Very interesting to hear everyone's reaction to this. Let's have a vote, if you think it's acceptable behaviour from Mike then 'thumbs up' or if you think it...

Comment

Any clinics to get an X-ray in city center? Preferably close to IFSC?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                  JDV retired from rugby after breaking jaw
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34373540
                  Sorry to hear I'd say he has had enough at this stage seemed like a decent guy. Find it hard to get on the right side of two rugby handicaps in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Glad I didn't engage with whatever it is. Definitely linked to the blood moon.
                    Methinks when Chelski drop points he loses it . I reckon he sacked his nurse also .

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      JDV retired from rugby after breaking jaw
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34373540
                      That was an awful lot of quotes from someone with a broken jaw
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just received a One Plus 2 invite, do I want it? I got the impression it wasn't quite the crowd pleaser that the first one was. What's the view of the people here who have it?

(I've a nexus ATM and its battery is driving me insane so likely to get something new at some stage)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Just received a One Plus 2 invite, do I want it? I got the impression it wasn't quite the crowd pleaser that the first one was. What's the view of the people here who have it?

(I've a nexus ATM and its battery is driving me insane so likely to get something new at some stage)
                          What uses up most of your battery life? Mine is much better after I fixed my mail accounts from killing the battery by keeping the phone awake the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            What uses up most of your battery life? Mine is much better after I fixed my mail accounts from killing the battery by keeping the phone awake the whole time.
                            What you mean? Uninstall mail app or gmail or which?
                            airport, lol

Comment

I really like it
                              The USB-c is a bit of a bugbear as it means you arent hot swappable to all othe usb changers.
                              I havent had an issue with NFC as I dont generally use it, but it may be a stickler for some
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Notification settings and/or turning off push notifications on the mail
                                so you only see you have new mail when you check your mail

Comment

Cats are the best . . .

Opr

Comment

Deleted and readded the accounts. Sync was running constantly and just changing the notification settings didn’t help, but deleting then adding the accounts did. Battery drain was probably about 20% per hour even when not used, now it's much less than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      let's just say somebody has a personal debt with you and they are just point blank refusing to give you the €€€. Am I right in thinking that I could get recourse via a legal route? Obviously not ideal but when no alternative exists is this the best course of action?
                                      airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I had considered that but I'd rather it didn't get messy. My first choice would be via legal proceedings. It annoys me to have somebody owe me the money and it equally annoys me to have to pay a solicitor to help me recover the funds.
                                          Small claims court? Don't think you need a solicitor for that,

Comment

let's just say somebody has a personal debt with you and they are just point blank refusing to give you the €€€. Am I right in thinking that I could get recourse via a legal route? Obviously not ideal but when no alternative exists is this the best course of action?
                                            might be stupid question but do you have proof of debt?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Don't know if its a better, or even a viable route, but could you hire a debt collector?

Comment

The Viper would probably give a discount if you sent him to Vegas to collect your % off Hastings
                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I had considered that but I'd rather it didn't get messy. My first choice would be via legal proceedings. It annoys me to have somebody owe me the money and it equally annoys me to have to pay a solicitor to help me recover the funds.
                                                  Ouch. Is this a degen gambler or a normie?

Do they have funds to pay you and just don't give give a fuck? Mega tilting if that's the case.
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Normie and they have the funds.
                                                      Tell them you are setting a deadline after which you are selling on the debt to someone who will collect it.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

One downside of being in new country while wife is pregnant: have had to leave her in hospital now to look after the kid while she is mildly contracting. Don't think will get back until tomorrow morning. Eek. Far from ideal.
                                                        Good luck to Mrs HH bringing the newest kid in the galaxy into this world!

Comment

Just send a solictor letter stating starting legal action if not paid within 14 days or whatever ( cost fuck all )
                                                          Some people react to this and some give no fucks

Next step is the good part, dont go legal, go debt collection agency and on a scale of how much this person pissed you off is the level of scummy agency you pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Tell them you are setting a deadline after which you are selling on the debt to someone who will collect it.
                                                            Agree on the deadline BUT tell them if not paid you will make their friends/business colleagues acquaintances aware of the situation. Legal (unless the debt is substantial) is time consuming, drawn out and costly as well as destroying your mind and, at the end of the process, is likely to result in a Court Order of some silly weekly amount.

Comment

Yes but it's a pain
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

GAB tell him you are a really big shot on the internet.

Solictors letter - the emptiest of threats .

Judge Judy will sort it out or that gay english fellow .

Comment

Just got a brainwave gab . Arrange to have the famous horsehead placed in his bed .

Comment

Comment

One downside of being in new country while wife is pregnant: have had to leave her in hospital now to look after the kid while she is mildly contracting. Don't think will get back until tomorrow morning. Eek. Far from ideal.
                                                                      sounds a bit like what used to happen.
                                                                      Buy some cigars and go to the pub to fully harken back

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                          Agreement used to be games in Landsdowne had the Irish national anthem and Ireland's call while games in Ulster (rare) had God save the queen and Ireland's call. Had a row about it when we played Italy up there about it apparently.

When we go to international tournaments it's just Ireland's Call.

Little trivia: we were once so completely messed up about it that we sang "Oh Danny Boy" as our anthem before a World Cup game
                                                                          They played The Rose of Tralee before our games in the 1987 World Cup.
                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                            They played The Rose of Tralee before our games in the 1987 World Cup.
                                                                            Yeah I got the songs mixed up. Kev set me right about 5 posts after that one.
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                              The Viper would probably give a discount if you sent him to Vegas to collect your % off Hastings

Comment

WORLD CUP 2015 Saturday 31st October 2015, 16:00
                                                                                Outright Betting Hide

New Zealand 11/10
                                                                                England 6/1
                                                                                Australia 7/1
                                                                                South Africa 7/1
                                                                                Ireland 8/1
                                                                                France 10/1

WTF?
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Nice little row between team mates yesterday...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                    WORLD CUP 2015 Saturday 31st October 2015, 16:00
                                                                                    Outright Betting Hide

New Zealand 11/10
                                                                                    England 6/1
                                                                                    Australia 7/1
                                                                                    South Africa 7/1
                                                                                    Ireland 8/1
                                                                                    France 10/1

WTF?
                                                                                    England can still qualify from their group I think...
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                      England can still qualify from their group I think...
                                                                                      I assume he is aware of that.

Comment

Peculiar piece

Comment

England getting a bonus vs Fiji is pretty huge, any win vs Aus should more or less see them qualified.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Be nice to know what course she did. Something crap for getting jobs I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Be nice to know what course she did. Something crap for getting jobs I'd imagine.
                                                                                              BA in Communications.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                BA in Communications.
                                                                                                Why would you bother your hole to get 530 points in the leaving cert to do a BA in Communications?

Comment

BA in Communications.
                                                                                                  Yeah but, it's a 2.1.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with people doing a course 'beneath' their LC result. Girl doing final year project with me got 630 pts and applied physics is like 380!

Read the article there. She seems like a spa, that's probably the reason she doesn't have a job.

Comment

Yeah, some of her language is pretty elitist, you can tell she obviously doesn't realise it though.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Facebook down for anyone else?

Comment

I can't be the only one that would never hire someone that was in a student union.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-09-15, 19:39.

Comment

@Kenny: Yep.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with people doing a course 'beneath' their LC result. Girl doing final year project with me got 630 pts and applied physics is like 380!

Read the article there. She seems like a spa, that's probably the reason she doesn't have a job.
                                                                                                              I'd imagine the reason applied physics is 380 is because it scares people and is bloody hard. Unlike Communications I'd suggest.

Comment

Honda, kindly back up your excellent recommendation of Narcos with something equally good, ty
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

She would make a great Generation emigration columnist she has the exactly the sort of overwrought tone and sense of entitlement they seem to go for. They really should close the comments
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 28-09-15, 19:29.

Comment

BA in Communications.
                                                                                                                    Should have went to trinners obv

She was student of the year 3 times and ended up with a 2:1 so perhaps not actually that good as she must have been putting the hours in.

Mate of mine who was su president thinks it was a big waste of time as it was never even commented on in a interview.

She wants into communications but her style is pretty abrasive, self centred and over written. Probably the problem I would say.

Comment

Pretty clever of her actually. Odds on someone will offer her a job, she took out a free full page advert in the times. (more or less) BBV an't hiring by the looks of things though. I cry silent hot tears for you boys

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                                                                                                                          Facebook down for anyone else?
                                                                                                                          @Kenny: Yep.
                                                                                                                          Unshared mundanity. Proper order.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X