This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    I think it is actually illegal to knowingly not fill out a census form, and I believe they will make some prosecutions for it, although obviously not everyone, but a sample amount as examples, or so I heard somewhere.
    Not to sound stupid, I have never filled one out. But there is no form here? Will they not leave one unless they speak to you?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      An apartment? Where the fuck is it?
      Went to the viewing of this place today just out of curiosity, was even smaller than expected. Fecking Raoul IFSC types driving the market.

Comment

Some lovely chap has finally had enough of wasting plastic on disposable cutlery and came up with edible cutlery. Put up on kickstarter lately asking for $20,000 so that he could produce enough volume to match the plastic cutlery and he has $170k with 12 days to go. Claaaaass.

India is one of the world's largest consumers of disposable plastic cutlery, which has the makings of a huge health and environmental crisis written all over...
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          I think it is actually illegal to knowingly not fill out a census form, and I believe they will make some prosecutions for it, although obviously not everyone, but a sample amount as examples, or so I heard somewhere.
          The Statistics Act most journalists should be jailed under it imo

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            Census question. There was an enumerator going round our estate yesterday. Came to my door twice and I ignored it twice. Four randomers living in the house and I can't really be arsed dealing with a census with them. If we just ignore it I presume we will be grand because if we don't meet her we can't get the form? Or will one be sent out anyway? Also is there any consequences of not filling it out?

They'll just post the form into you if they can't make contact with you, and they won't stop trying to collect the form either. You can be prosecuted for not filling it out but that's quite rare. They simply keep at you until you fill it out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              Not to sound stupid, I have never filled one out. But there is no form here? Will they not leave one unless they speak to you?
              They'll keep calling, I'm not sure what would happen if you keep ignoring, but why would anyone do that?
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                They'll keep calling, I'm not sure what would happen if you keep ignoring, but why would anyone do that?
                The card just said to contact them. We were at the IO not ignoring them. Bins went this morning so can't retrieve card.

Comment

[VINE]iIummIm90AY[/VINE]

His mother is going to skin him alive

Comment

Fairly sure the enumerators are paid per census booklet, so it'll probably depend on how motivated they are

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Went to the viewing of this place today just out of curiosity, was even smaller than expected. Fecking Raoul IFSC types driving the market.

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments...ublin-1198498/
                      Nice 3.5k management charge too
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Yeah meant to post that too.

Comment

The card just said to contact them. We were at the IO not ignoring them. Bins went this morning so can't retrieve card.
                          No I didn't mean you were ignoring them. I just meant they'll call again and again so you'd have to be ignoring them to never meet them.

There would have been another day on the card that they'll call back. Also a number you can call or text to arrange a time that suits you if you'd prefer
                          airport, lol

Comment

Fairly sure the enumerators are paid per census booklet, so it'll probably depend on how motivated they are
                            Yeah that's true seemingly. You just know the type of cunt they're gonna be. Leave the form and head off m8
                            airport, lol

Comment

They'll call a few times again and if they still don't catch you they'll just put it through your letter box.

Comment

They should be calling around very regularly to try and give it to you in person. If you want to contact them they can call around to give it to you when it suits, and will be around for weeks to try and collect them all. It takes about 2 months of effort for them in all. I got mine on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                  Had a drink with his father good friday perfectly sane articuate intelligent man.
                                  The son

Played cards with my mother few weeks ago 25 in the sticks got chatting to a traveller man and asked who i was etc.
                                  Told him who and he told me my father and another garda from the gaelteacht who ran the boxing club were always fair and respectful to travelling folk.
                                  When people say blame the parents its definitely not true.
                                  Post of the year imo

Comment

An apartment? Where the fuck is it?
                                    yup. Mount Saint Annes in Milltown.

Himself and the missus have both lived at home for last 4 years crunching a deposit. Clearly eager to spend it all!

Staggering amount of cash imo, but he should be _ok_ for a 7/8 stay I reckon/hope.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      [VINE]iIummIm90AY[/VINE]

His mother is going to skin him alive
                                      This has its origins here in Calgary -

Local News were filming on 17ave when the cities hockey team, the Calgary Flames, made a deep playoff run one year. Street was packed full of people (its the main avenue for nightlife and leads to the stadium) and they were doing a segment on "the Red Mile" as they call it when some yokel shouts it at the camera.

He is almost certainly getting a clatter on the ear though.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Friend of mine is a hungry fucker for cash.
                                        He got an enumerator job few evenings a week.
                                        Has the plum job of going into a couple of hating sites
                                        Now the fine people Who inhabit these caravans will im sure be delighted to converse and fill out governmental forms.

Comment

SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/A24subscribeThere are 7 billion people on the planet. You might be lucky enough to bump into the one person you want to spend the re...
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Guess it has been noted, but it's actually genuinely important to fill out. Please by the way, most important of all, say you have no religion if that's the case, rather than the default Catholic-through-parents. If enough people do this it'll end the nonsense of state-funded schools discrimating based on religion.

Actually please everyone do this. Tick no religion if that's the case for you. Just because three month old you was ordained Catholic doesn't mean you should tick that box and continue discrimination and rather hateful thoughts towards women's health rights.
                                            ...Loved this post so much...My mother did this 10 and 5 Years ago with the Catholic family thing. first time I bitched about it because she I told her she was lying about it and she went on a high horse...last time I told her not to stick me as Catholic, she did it anyway so I stuck it in the shredder... I reckon this time I'll fill it in myself...
                                            ...I think it's disgusting how families almost force religion onto their children in life...no matter what age, they still seem to think that their children should be whatever religion they are... literally has caused more deaths than anything else in history (imo anyway)...honestly believe a world in which religion never existed, would be a much more pleasant world to live in...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                              literally has caused more deaths than anything else in history (imo anyway).
                                              I'd be surprised if that's true tbh. The two world wars probably caused 100m deaths. And there 3 or 4 wars of a similar scale in china that caused maybe twice as much again.
                                              Even a lot of the wars that people might consider to be about religion, aren't actually about religion.

Not suggesting that religion doesn't cause a far wack of damage by the way. But it's nowhere near the greed and ambition of man in terms of death

Comment

Guess it has been noted, but it's actually genuinely important to fill out. Please by the way, most important of all, say you have no religion if that's the case, rather than the default Catholic-through-parents. If enough people do this it'll end the nonsense of state-funded schools discrimating based on religion.

Actually please everyone do this. Tick no religion if that's the case for you. Just because three month old you was ordained Catholic doesn't mean you should tick that box and continue discrimination and rather hateful thoughts towards women's health rights.

dont get me started on this fucking thing...
                                                The blind loops I'm currently in has me thusly;
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Gotta love those uppity French

Comment

If you've a neck like a jockey's bollix
                                                    And you're sweating to make the weight
                                                    Win the Aintree Tipping Competition
                                                    You can pay strippers to gyrate

1050 in the pool.....
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      If you've a neck like a jockey's bollix
                                                      And you're sweating to make the weight
                                                      Win the Aintree Tipping Competition
                                                      You can pay strippers to gyrate

1050 in the pool.....

Your prose is lacking structure,
                                                      and the premise, it's wearing thin.
                                                      but I cannot ignore a rhyming couplet,
                                                      so fuck it, dude, I'm in
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

So Frank Flannery has got caught via the Panama Papers. Good.

Story in the IT today that both FF (stuffed to the gills with crooks historically) and Mick Wallace (crook) are attacking him. Irony levels rising to dangerous levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                          Friend of mine is a hungry fucker for cash.
                                                          He got an enumerator job few evenings a week.
                                                          Has the plum job of going into a couple of hating sites
                                                          Now the fine people Who inhabit these caravans will im sure be delighted to converse and fill out governmental forms.

Comment

So Frank Flannery has got caught via the Panama Papers. Good.

Story in the IT today that both FF (stuffed to the gills with crooks historically) and Mick Wallace (crook) are attacking him. Irony levels rising to dangerous levels.
                                                            i'm really enjoying the daily revelations tbh. brilliant stuff and a gift that will keep giving for a long time.

Also love the idea that so many fat cats around the world are just sweating buckets waiting for their turn to be called up and explain the few or many millions they've sequestered away on a pretty little island.

Considering this is "only" the fourth biggest off shore legal company, imagine what the top 3 would reveal, and how they must be ramping up security at this time!

Comment

Did you not recently baptize your daughter so she could get into a "good school"? I would have thought not going to church or slipping the padre brown envelopes might be a better way of killing them off.

Continue discrimination and rather hateful thoughts towards women's health rights VS Good school. Hummm ....
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Just because someone has offshore structures doesn't mean they've done anything wrong. Just saying.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

How did seemingly no-one except George Lucas call out the new Star Wars for the derivative nonsense it is? It's actively stupid.
                                                                            don't get it either. it's just sooo bad, and a ridiculously poor rehash of the first one.

I genuinely felt cheated as i'd not been to the cinema in years, and having read the rave reviews, i made the time to go and see it. What a pile of utter shit.

Comment

How did seemingly no-one except George Lucas call out the new Star Wars for the derivative nonsense it is? It's actively stupid.
                                                                              Because anyone who would/should, should have enough sense not to watch that shite

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Im in Vegas on Census day.... whats my play? have the form and all sitting on the table.

Comment

Scenes in the NCAA Final....

Comment

someone didn't get stoned and watch it on the imax I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                      Scenes in the NCAA Final....
                                                                                      Super ending but Carolina asked for it, basically letting him have a free throw at the end. Full court press surely was the play?

Comment

Didn't care. New Star Wars.

It had a million flaws but there was soooo much goodness I instantly forgave all of its sins. That last scene on Skellig Michael literally took my breath away.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          Super ending but Carolina asked for it, basically letting him have a free throw at the end. Full court press surely was the play?
                                                                                          Seemed bizarre not to have someone pressuring the ball on the inbound alright. I guess they just wanted to take away the running 2 and gambled on letting him have a 3. They made a hames of the defensive switch which gave him a shot without a hand in his face too.

Comment

I have been a huge Star Wars fan since the first film when it came out. Was the first time I had ever been in a cinema. I grew up in an area where there were no girls beside me and I played with the toys and made rebel bases and such like and could have answered questions on an part of the films down to who played certain ewoks!

When the prequel trilogy came out I was terribly disappointed, found the acting wooden and the story line crap. I was really excited about watching the Force Awakens as it had some of the original cast etc.

Last night we watched it, was stunned at how bad Harrison Ford was acting as he was always such a good actor, I know he is a good age, but still...

Carrie Fisher, her top lip must be botoxed to the hilt! it didn't move.

I did like parts of it but in the whole It wasn't that great. I feel they were reminiscing on the original with a few references etc.
                                                                                            Can't believe the fate of some characters.

Anyway tl,dr

Star Wars disappoints

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                              Continue discrimination and rather hateful thoughts towards women's health rights VS Good school. Hummm ....
                                                                                              Good school wins every time. It's your job to look after your family, not change society.

Comment

Didn't care. New Star Wars.

It had a million flaws but there was soooo much goodness I instantly forgave all of its sins. That last scene on Skellig Michael literally took my breath away.
                                                                                                That was the best bit!

Comment

That was the best bit!
                                                                                                  absolutely, because the film was finally over!

Comment

Win €1200

Takes literally no skill or indeed motor skills. As proven by previous winners.

Comment

Good school wins every time. It's your job to look after your family, not change society.
                                                                                                      I have no kids and can see that this is painfully obv. Sacrificing your kids future so that you can make a moral stand must be one of the most selfish things you can do in the short term.

In the long term your useless kids wont be able to help you out when you are senile and stubbornly clinging to life at 110.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                        I have no kids and can see that this is painfully obv. Sacrificing your kids future so that you can make a moral stand must be one of the most selfish things you can do in the short term.
                                                                                                        Tragedy of the commons m8
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          i'm really enjoying the daily revelations tbh. brilliant stuff and a gift that will keep giving for a long time.

Also love the idea that so many fat cats around the world are just sweating buckets waiting for their turn to be called up and explain the few or many millions they've sequestered away on a pretty little island.

Considering this is "only" the fourth biggest off shore legal company, imagine what the top 3 would reveal, and how they must be ramping up security at this time!
                                                                                                          They have the info for over a year according to what I read. Therefore they have loads more to come plus they have probably already gotten the scoop on other firms at this stage.

The drip fed stuff at the minute is only the appetiser I reckon to get ready to unload the big stuff. The individual stuff will be nothing compared to the corporate shenanigans.

Actually there is probably something to be gleaned from watching a few banks share prices over the next week or two.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                            They have the info for over a year according to what I read. Therefore they have loads more to come plus they have probably already gotten the scoop on other firms at this stage.

The drip fed stuff at the minute is only the appetiser I reckon to get ready to unload the big stuff. The individual stuff will be nothing compared to the corporate shenanigans.

Actually there is probably something to be gleaned from watching a few banks share prices over the next week or two.
                                                                                                            HSBC already taking a good pasting, and already well implicated

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                HSBC already taking a good pasting, and already well implicated
                                                                                                                Well given their money laundering history we were all expecting that! It's when one of the squeaky "we're a clean good bank" gets caught followed by some family owned mega private companies that it will become really interesting.

Tip of the iceberg stuff so far. A few politicos and stuff already out there from other sources. But now the credibility of the whole thing and the moral outrage police are ready to go we'll get the really juicy stuff.
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I have been a huge Star Wars fan since the first film when it came out. Was the first time I had ever been in a cinema. I grew up in an area where there were no girls beside me and I played with the toys and made rebel bases and such like and could have answered questions on an part of the films down to who played certain ewoks!
                                                                                                                  I would have thought you were too young for the original.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                    Well given their money laundering history we were all expecting that! It's when one of the squeaky "we're a clean good bank" gets caught followed by some family owned mega private companies that it will become really interesting.

Tip of the iceberg stuff so far. A few politicos and stuff already out there from other sources. But now the credibility of the whole thing and the moral outrage police are ready to go we'll get the really juicy stuff.
                                                                                                                    Not if you're in China

Comment

The brief flirtation with the Protestant faith was rather positive btw. Having tea in the rector's house while he counselled that his son was also married to an Eastern European lady and they were indeed quite the handful.
                                                                                                                      Might be the most Protestant thing I've ever read

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        Might be the most Protestant thing I've ever read
                                                                                                                        Only if the rector was a woman. And was married to a woman.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X