Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aintree Tipping Comp nudging €1k barrier and might oddly be more popular than Cheltenham this year.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      On the list. TR plz. Shrap must have some insight at the least!
      Never been, but island+indian ocean+weather=can't be bad!!

tbf, i've never heard anything bad said about the seychelles, and it's a very popular french holiday destination.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

tbf, i've never heard anything bad said about the seychelles, and it's a very popular french holiday destination.
        A bit further South - went to Mauritius a few times with work, nice enough but like all tropical island paradises, 5 days max before you start to go a little nuts. Loads of Frenchies there too.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Yeah we were planning to go to the Maldives but the place we had planned on going to is unavailable for some reason, she was looking then and she can get 5* in Seychelles for cheaper.

I started googling a bit then and if anything Seychelles sounds more up my street than Maldives.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          A bit further South - went to Mauritius a few times with work, nice enough but like all tropical island paradises, 5 days max before you start to go a little nuts. Loads of Frenchies there too.
          She was there last year - along with South Africa, Thailand and New Zealand at different times - I'm in the wrong job.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

She was there last year - along with South Africa, Thailand and New Zealand at different times - I'm in the wrong job.
            Hey you used to get to places like Lagos and Angola and you gave that up and are now left dreaming of the Seychelles (IMO highly likely to be the most boring place on Earth).
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

How come old women don't wear socks. Is it just too much effort to get shoes on over them.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                I love the GAA but how can they not know the times/venues for semi finals of a National competition 6 days before they are due to be played. Archaic shit.
                Double header in Croker on Sunday. Kerry v Rossies at 2. Dubs v Donegal at 4.

Hurling double header in Thurles on Saturday, I think or possibly the following Sunday. Can't remember which.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Hey you used to get to places like Lagos and Angola and you gave that up and are now left dreaming of the Seychelles (IMO highly likely to be the most boring place on Earth).
                  I still lol that I wasn't left into Angola - what did they think I was going to do, wreck the place!?

EDIT: What's Abu Dhabi like? Seychelles trip would come with three nights in the Shangri La there also.

Comment

I still lol that I wasn't left into Angola - what did they think I was going to do, wreck the place!?

EDIT: What's Abu Dhabi like? Seychelles trip would come with three nights in the Shangri La there also.
                    Its quite like Dubai but less touristy, Been in a Shangri La Dubai, its a very nice hotel.

Comment

I spent 10 nights in Seychelles in 2002. Absolutely amazing place, would highly recommend. We went at the end of August which isn't the optimal time weatherwise, a few storms etc. Also at that time of year the sea is full of sea urchins which hampered swimming somewhat. That's pretty much the only negative though.

Hired a convertible jeep and toured the main island Mahe one day and it was such an awesome experience. At one point we had to stop on the road to allow thousands of these red crabs to cross just like that Volvo ad.

People are super friendly too. Definitely go if you can.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Toffee crisp's are grand.

Rigger told me that they are better refrigerated, rigger was wrong.
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                          Toffee crisp's are grand.

Rigger told me that they are better refrigerated, rigger was wrong.
                          Star Bar is the only bar. The Star of Bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                            How come old women don't wear socks. Is it just too much effort to get shoes on over them.
                            No idea m8. Ask Satnav maybe?
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Today is the first I heard of Pixies playing in Iveagh Gardens this summer. I need to get my life together.
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

It's funny that even with multiple accounts in the game, Rigger still sucks at ww.
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Speaking of GAA, heard an ad on the radio yesterday about some big event they're having in Croke Park on Sunday April 24th, census day. They're hoping to sell 80k tickets. That's a load of bollix, surely organisations like that should be banned from holding big events that will upheave thousands of people on such an important day.

Also, Dobby, I don't understand you, fill out the bleedin form, your great great grandkids will thank you for it.

Comment

Going to Weezer in Amsterdam on Friday night. Looking forward to pretending it's 1995 again and I didn't get old.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      Speaking of GAA, heard an ad on the radio yesterday about some big event they're having in Croke Park on Sunday April 24th, census day. They're hoping to sell 80k tickets. That's a load of bollix, surely organisations like that should be banned from holding big events that will upheave thousands of people on such an important day.

Also, Dobby, I don't understand you, fill out the bleedin form, your great great grandkids will thank you for it.
                                      You fill the form out wherever your staying that night. Everyone will have to sleep somewhere no big deal.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                        You fill the form out wherever your staying that night. Everyone will have to sleep somewhere no big deal.
                                        Thinking more about it I suppose a majority of people will go home, but for those that don't are there census forms in hotels?

Comment

Aintree Tipping Comp nudging €1k barrier and might oddly be more popular than Cheltenham this year.
                                          €950 bananas in the pot and two days left for entries.....

Comment

Thinking more about it I suppose a majority of people will go home, but for those that don't are there census forms in hotels?
                                            I think so, don't know for sure. If you stay in a friends house that night for example you fill your details out in theirs. At least that's how it was last time
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Meant to be serious business, no? Don't think they'll just forget.
                                              Came home this day last week and there was a card through the door from them saying to ring them, I just tossed in bin. Bad move then? lol

Comment

I think so, don't know for sure. If you stay in a friends house that night for example you fill your details out in theirs. At least that's how it was last time
                                                ha there's going to be about 60 of us in someone's house that night, doubt someone's going to take on that job.

Comment

Sure I'll just fill out the next census. Fuck trying to sit down with them and fill it out. Be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    Sure I'll just fill out the next census. Fuck trying to sit down with them and fill it out. Be grand.
                                                    Take the form, fill put your bit and leave it on kitchen table, let the others fill it out if they want. That's what I did last time
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Take the form, fill put your bit and leave it on kitchen table, let the others fill it out if they want. That's what I did last time
                                                      Exactly what I'm planning to do instead of spending more time complaining about it
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The farm thing on RTE surprisingly good.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Census is important folks. Care a little more.

Comment

Census is important folks. Care a little more.
                                                            Yeah that's all people say but nobody says why it's important.

Comment

Fuck them if they can't take a count

Comment

Need to know where the Healy Rae Voters live so they can be first against the wall.
                                                                Well, second after the ferris fools

Comment

This

is pretty informative.

Comment

Need to know where the Healy Rae Voters live so they can be first against the wall.
                                                                    Well, second after the ferris fools
                                                                    I have sent in some rogue cows to infiltrate the herd and eliminate them but daisy1 failed. Daisy2 is waiting patiently for her moment.

Comment

The fear and/or scorn of things like the census is ingrained in our national psyche. Tell the English nuthin. I'd say if you counted those hiding under the bed we would probably have some better historical documents. I can't find a lot of my fathers family at all in the historical documents (bowsies)

Comment

Literally every single decision your government makes from top to toe, for the next 5 years, will be based on data in the census results. Not filling in the form is like buying %s of an online pro who plays without a HUD.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I can't believe an adult would need to ask that question! I mean I can understand someone being the kind of tell em nuthin drooler that Solks is talking about but how the fuck do you get this far without understanding how stuff as basic as why a census is important

Did you not get stuff like that explained to you in school ?

Comment

I can't believe an adult would need to ask that question! I mean I can understand someone being the kind of tell em nuthin drooler that Solks is talking about but how the fuck do you get this far without understanding how stuff as basic as why a census is important

My fathers family -ie his parents. I can't find them. Much to my disappointment when looking to delve into that side of the clan. (he died very young so no real info . The old dear is a model citizen and receives these things with great enthusiasm. Would love to know more about my drooler side of the clan.

Ya ol bollix.

Comment

Never filled one out before. Last time I was living at home so didn't have to do anything. Read the link Lazare posted and found it useful.

Wouldn't ask the question if I knew would I? Mind the blood pressure.

Comment

Calm down m8. It's not his fault he's from Kerry.

Comment

And its not a case of "tell em nuthn". It's a case of do I 'have' to do it. Didn't vote in the election and don't particularly want to fill this out if I can avoid it. But the suggestion of filling it out and leaving it for the rest to do themselves is a good one.

Comment

And its not a case of "tell em nuthn". It's a case of do I 'have' to do it. Didn't vote in the election and don't particularly want to fill this out if I can avoid it. But the suggestion of filling it out and leaving it for the rest to do themselves is a good one.
                                                                                    You'd be doing yourself a favour to post no more on the topic.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

People should lie way more on questionnaires \surveys\polls.I always do ,fuck helping people to solve things,keep the mystery in life. Rake of people lie every year on the census re Irish language and religion

Comment

You'd be doing yourself a favour to post no more on the topic.
                                                                                        Sure what's the point in that? I asked the question to try and learn something about it and Lazare is the only one that has posted anything relevant. Anything else has been a smart ass response or the usual shite from droolpeter

Comment

You were just trolling with the Healy Rae vote claim. All is forgiven then

Comment

Don't mind em Dobbo

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                              Calm down m8. It's not his fault he's from Kerry.
                                                                                              Had a drink with his father good friday perfectly sane articuate intelligent man.
                                                                                              The son

Played cards with my mother few weeks ago 25 in the sticks got chatting to a traveller man and asked who i was etc.
                                                                                              Told him who and he told me my father and another garda from the gaelteacht who ran the boxing club were always fair and respectful to travelling folk.
                                                                                              When people say blame the parents its definitely not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                Had a drink with his father good friday perfectly sane articuate intelligent man.
                                                                                                The son

Comment

Too lazy post in restraunt thread. In Galway and went to cava Bodega based on trip advisor reviews.wasnt disappointed. Felt like we ate all around us with a bottle of wine. Total bill 69 quid

Highly recommend a visit

In the kings head now, on red vino and cola
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

You were just trolling with the Healy Rae vote claim. All is forgiven then
                                                                                                      Learn from some of the best trolls here sure

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        Guess it has been noted, but it's actually genuinely important to fill out. Please by the way, most important of all, say you have no religion if that's the case, rather than the default Catholic-through-parents. If enough people do this it'll end the nonsense of state-funded schools discrimating based on religion.

Actually please everyone do this. Tick no religion if that's the case for you. Just because three month old you was ordained Catholic doesn't mean you should tick that box and continue discrimination and rather hateful thoughts towards women's health rights.
                                                                                                        Baptised i think you meant to say. Anyway bad advice, every kid gotta have a soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Guess it has been noted, but it's actually genuinely important to fill out. Please by the way, most important of all, say you have no religion if that's the case, rather than the default Catholic-through-parents. If enough people do this it'll end the nonsense of state-funded schools discrimating based on religion.

Actually please everyone do this. Tick no religion if that's the case for you. Just because three month old you was ordained Catholic doesn't mean you should tick that box and continue discrimination and rather hateful thoughts towards women's health rights.
                                                                                                          This. This. This.

Comment

Don't mind em Dobbo
                                                                                                            Give him a ball and a yard of grass.

Comment

Little brother went sale agreed on an apartment today.

€402k

jaysis. I drive a 15year old car and refuse to entertain the idea of taking out a loan to replace it with a 10 year old one. Debt junkies!

Comment

€1050 bananas in the pot and two days left for entries.....
                                                                                                                Hoo haaaa!

Comment

Rounders, your lad still rules Damascus Gate with a rod of iron. Asked him for coffee, he said no and we could have herbal tea instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

€402k

jaysis. I drive a 15year old car and refuse to entertain the idea of taking out a loan to replace it with a 10 year old one. Debt junkies!
                                                                                                                    An apartment? Where the fuck is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

€402k

In Dublin?

Currently debating whether to borrow buy a newish car or just spending the deposit I have to come up a few years and down a few miles from what I have.
                                                                                                                      There is very little value for me in spending on a good car but every time I look at the adds I keep on getting drawn further and further up the price list. Bright shiny things

Comment

WD Finale

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        please be Glenn, the book said Glenn I believe, I hate Glenn

Comment

I think it is actually illegal to knowingly not fill out a census form, and I believe they will make some prosecutions for it, although obviously not everyone, but a sample amount as examples, or so I heard somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X