This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    Maybe I'm missing a phrase, or being too literal but is that "house again"?
    ar ais arís (back again) or 'me rash is back' as we used to say

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
      So this evening @19:55 i became a daddy to twim girls baby and mother doing well twin 1 3.56kg twin 2 3.25kg

Yeah so that happened, pretty sureal here at the moment
      Huge congrats Philip, fun and games ahead
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Is this an April Fools from SIPTU?

However, SIPTU president Jack O'Connor called for the resignation of Mr Mulvey following his comments on Morning Ireland, saying he showed "bias against the unions" which renders him not credible as a mediator.
        The independent third party outlines his objective thoughts on the matter, and because they are not supportive of the Union demands they are biased?

Feminist logic at play here!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          Depends on lot on the design dude.
          Are you going for 'pop' tops or a more professional looking brand?
          Wouldn't the ability to cross sell to watersports ( ) be advantageous or is there a different technical design needed for exposure to seawater and stuff?
          More pop than professional. The popular brands then to be lots funky colour, themes, etc. Anything goes really.

Afaik, surf rashies are the same material. Well the light ones at least, obviously not the heavier wet suit jacket types. I think it's only branding that separates the two. Jiu jitsu tends to be smaller emerging brands with gimmicky designs. And surfing tends to be dominated by brachytherapy patterns from the big brands like Roxy, Quiksilver etc.
          Fair point about trying to cross sell though, I'm definitely going to market/advertise towards surfers locally if I can. The name doesn't need to alienate them.

Rolling Thunder?
          RassleFck?
          Skinwear?
          Noodlewear? (catfishing type thing wear folks wrestle fish, swimwear, fish, wrestling etc)
          GreatApeGear/BrownBearWear

stuff like that?
          This is all on point. Wp

I was thinking of something with wrasslin', RassleFck is good.
          Skinwear is too close to Skins. I germs what you mean with noodling, but first image was touch-butt in the park.

Do you have a Kyokushin Background?

Comment

Rash On
            Rash Off
            Rash On Rash Off
            Rash Mash
            KillRash
            Rashkill
            RashCoole (would sell well in RathCoole)
            ZapRash

Comment

Where is a cheap place to get some quality printing done? I just have some 12x18 images I would like to print and frame that NASA released.

Comment

MeRashersAreDrippin Inc
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  MeRashersAreDrippin Inc
                  CoverMyBacon

Comment

weird April Fools statement by the German Embassy:

The German government today announced a new policy aimed at establishing rugby as the country’s new national sport.

At the unveiling of the far-reaching measures that will see rugby become an integral part of German culture, including hens that lay rugby ‘eggs’, government spokesperson G. Flügel stated that the country would “focus all attention and efforts on winning the 7 Nations Championship.”

Comment

Back to work after a week off . And starting on a big fat zero points while all the rest one week ahead of me , 10am /8 pm no car till Sunday , can't even sneak home for an hour . Stuck in this centre till 8pm with no way home agh shoot me now
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                        Denny, ever consider getting a few lessons and your license so that you can rent a car once in a while for seeing the country?
                        Dunno, maybe, seems like a lot of hassle though.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                          Back to work after a week off . And starting on a big fat zero points while all the rest one week ahead of me , 10am /8 pm no car till Sunday , can't even sneak home for an hour . Stuck in this centre till 8pm with no way home agh shoot me now
                          What part of Europe you going to next m8?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            What part of Europe you going to next m8?
                            Have no idea where I am tbh. Currently on second bag of scampi fries and large water. Depressed.
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              Just Google image the popular spots around the country init, same thing.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Seriously, just get it done whilst you have loads of time. Being able to drive is invaluable to true freedom of movement and proper exploration of your own and every other country you will visit.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                    So you're still expected to get the same target despite being on annual leave? Jesus I wouldn't last a day in sales.

Comment

In order of excellence.

KimuRa/shie
                                      Trinagular
                                      Figure4 clothing

Rashie Naked Choke
                                      Rashies and Armbars

Baking Rashies
                                      Rashie and Eggs

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                        I was thinking of something with wrasslin', RassleFck is good.
                                        Skinwear is too close to Skins. I germs what you mean with noodling, but first image was touch-butt in the park.

Do you have a Kyokushin Background?

Yeah Ido and his pool noodles

American Kenpo is my background, the two are quite similar in base but have branched dramatically imo.
                                        One of the core tenets of Kenpo was innovation and be 'flowy' but far too often this is diluted to complicated techniques against static opponents that have little benefit (imo) if things like timing, angular relationships, spatial and dimensional control are not understood or taught correctly.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          Seriously, just get it done whilst you have loads of time. Being able to drive is invaluable to true freedom of movement and proper exploration of your own and every other country you will visit.
                                          As someone who cannot drive, has never had any interest in doing so and couldn't tell the difference between the brake and the acceleratrix, I fully endorse this message and/or product!

Comment

I definitely don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                              Where is a cheap place to get some quality printing done? I just have some 12x18 images I would like to print and frame that NASA released.
                                              Harvey norman will do a fine job.

If you CBA going to a store then I tend to use photobox.. make sure you get a discount/offer... they run constantly.
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Ms Burton last night stood firmly over her decision not to instigate a compulsory post-election Labour leadership vote until the formation of the next government is decided.
                                                Bizarre

Labour figures have backed acting minister Brendan Howlin to take over the leadership as recriminations break out over mismanagement of the party’s election campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                  Harvey norman will do a fine job.

If you CBA going to a store then I tend to use photobox.. make sure you get a discount/offer... they run constantly.
                                                  Thanks, will check these out. Saw Aldi do a service of €1.99 per print too but no idea what quality is like (seeing as print shops seem to charge €15-20 per print).

Frames are expensive also, especially as I want 14 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    Thanks, will check these out. Saw Aldi do a service of €1.99 per print too but no idea what quality is like (seeing as print shops seem to charge €15-20 per print).

Frames are expensive also, especially as I want 14 of them.
                                                    I've never used the aldi service. The feedback I've seen from others is that the paper is a little light.

You will get cheap frames in woodies or IKEA as you are printing a standard size.

One thing.. If the prints you want are high contrast or have lots of shadow detail it's worth asking the HN people to look at them on the computer behind the desk. They can tweak the exposure for better results.

E.g. I know my images need about a 1/4 stop increase to print properly in HN
                                                    Last edited by bp_me; 01-04-16, 11:28.
                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

It's not bizarre, FG are doing the same thing! Quite possible SF are too.

It allows the new leader a clean break.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

weird April Fools statement by the German Embassy:

The German government today announced a new policy aimed at establishing rugby as the country’s new national sport.

At the unveiling of the far-reaching measures that will see rugby become an integral part of German culture, including hens that lay rugby ‘eggs’, government spokesperson G. Flügel stated that the country would “focus all attention and efforts on winning the 7 Nations Championship.”
                                                        That is some high level meta German humour
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                          I've never used the aldi service. The feedback I've seen from others is that the paper is a little light.

You will get cheap frames in woodies or IKEA as you are printing a standard size.

One thing.. If the prints you want are high contrast or have lots of shadow detail it's worth asking the HN people to look at them on the computer behind the desk. They can tweak the exposure for better results.

E.g. I know my images need about a 1/4 stop increase to print properly in HN
                                                          Cool, will have a look in woodies, Ikea don't seem to have the size.
                                                          Might wander into harvey noman, here are the prints

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            It's not bizarre, FG are doing the same thing! Quite possible SF are too.

It allows the new leader a clean break.
                                                            This. It's the exact opposite of bizzare. Media fabricated drama.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

New season of Archer started last night. It's good.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

FAO mdoug,

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                  Is this an April Fools from SIPTU?

The independent third party outlines his objective thoughts on the matter, and because they are not supportive of the Union demands they are biased?

Feminist logic at play here!
                                                                  Jack was so angry on the radio this morning that he forgot to put on his faux NorAth DubAhlin WorKin class accent
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Only a couple of daft earlys and two night shifts and im set to become a normal 9-5er for a while anyway.
                                                                    Just in time to be off for masters weekend it looks like. Timing.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Yeah Ido and his pool noodles

American Kenpo is my background, the two are quite similar in base but have branched dramatically imo.
                                                                      One of the core tenets of Kenpo was innovation and be 'flowy' but far too often this is diluted to complicated techniques against static opponents that have little benefit (imo) if things like timing, angular relationships, spatial and dimensional control are not understood or taught correctly.
                                                                      I know what you mean. Not enough Chuck Liddel and too much Steven Seagal under siege.
                                                                      I only guessed Kyokushin because that's the only one I'd associate Rolling Thunder with

Comment

Mellornoma - Skin protection

Comment

The heroes of Aintree are plenty
                                                                          From Aldaniti to Red Rum
                                                                          Win the Aintree Tipping Comp
                                                                          And you'll be covered in....stuff

Comment

Anyone been to Brussels? Much to do/see there as a solo traveller?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                              Brussels is a blast.

I've actually been there lots but it's not a great city. Good for eating\drinking but other Belgian cities are nicer. I would fly into Brussels and then catch the train to Ghent - mini Amsterdam with a cool vibe. Ghent Festival is on in the summer and is near on 24-hour events, much of them free.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                Wasn't impressed at all, apart from the beer selection. Ghent and Bruges a better bet

Comment

And Leuven, where I lived is a bit of a hidden gem.

Comment

Did anyone stick with Lucky Man? I know AJ started it anyway. I stuck with it. On ep 10 now. If Jimmy Nesbitt wasn't in it I wouldn't be watching but I love the guy. Also the theme tune, sung by Corrine Bailey Rae, is pretty good imo. But the show is kinda shite.

Comment

If anyone remembers "Trent the Madman" from boards. He is on Twitter @trenthahaha

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Gave up at the end of ep 5 temporarily. Not worth going back to so?
                                                                                          Nah. It picked up for like two episodes, 7/8 maybe, and is just beyond ridiculous now.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            Did anyone stick with Lucky Man? I know AJ started it anyway. I stuck with it. On ep 10 now. If Jimmy Nesbitt wasn't in it I wouldn't be watching but I love the guy. Also the theme tune, sung by Corrine Bailey Rae, is pretty good imo. But the show is kinda shite.
                                                                                            Watching ep8, will probably stick it until the end.
                                                                                            Am willing to bet my bottom dollar that the bad guy behind every plot is
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Harrys exWifes new Indian boyfriend from Heroes.

Comment

And if anyone really wants to watch a Sky One big budget quirky drama then Me, You and Apocalypse is definitely the one to go for.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Jack was so angry on the radio this morning that he forgot to put on his faux NorAth DubAhlin WorKin class accent
                                                                                                  Him and Mulvey are both retiring this year so just sending a couple of shots for entertainment I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    Watching ep8, will probably stick it until the end.
                                                                                                    Am willing to bet my bottom dollar that the bad guy behind every plot is
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    Harrys exWifes new Indian boyfriend from Heroes.
                                                                                                    Yeah gonna stick with it too. They have a second season lined up but probably won't watch that tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      Its hardly fear mongering id call mass murders pretty fearful.
                                                                                                      A backward insular religion where people can get murdered for writing a cartoon-je suis charlie?

Islam contradicts everything we as a society believe in, as you said a society that a lot of people died for so why would you want to import an ideology that will set us back a hundred years, to sate ego?
                                                                                                      What benefit is there in it?
                                                                                                      Islam has been given free rein to propagate in Europe , it’s bigotry has been met with nothing but tolerance (from governments) and look at the state of the place lol
                                                                                                      I love our country and it pains me when the first reaction to anyone who criticises the cult is labelled with racist or primitive by people who have never even bothered looking into it.
                                                                                                      I guess our difference just comes down to the fact that you think Islam is not as bad as people make out and our kindness won’t be taken advantage of and I don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                        Its hardly fear mongering id call mass murders pretty fearful.
                                                                                                        A backward insular religion where people can get murdered for writing a cartoon-je suis charlie?

Islam contradicts everything we as a society believe in, as you said a society that a lot of people died for so why would you want to import an ideology that will set us back a hundred years, to sate ego?
                                                                                                        What benefit is there in it?
                                                                                                        Islam has been given free rein to propagate in Europe , it’s bigotry has been met with nothing but tolerance (from governments) and look at the state of the place lol
                                                                                                        I love our country and it pains me when the first reaction to anyone who criticises the cult is labelled with racist or primitive by people who have never even bothered looking into it.
                                                                                                        I guess our difference just comes down to the fact that you think Islam is not as bad as people make out and our kindness won’t be taken advantage of and I don’t.

That's normally because they are. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                          Him and Mulvey are both retiring this year so just sending a couple of shots for entertainment I'd say.
                                                                                                          Direct hits!

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                            I love our country
                                                                                                            The boundary of your love is the problem. You are making 99.9% of human beings an out-group.

Comment

...

Comment

Just watched Episode 7 of the new series of Vikings

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Anyone else found it a bit boring and slow till now? This was the first episode with a taste of the previous seasons in it. Don't get the whole sex scene with Floki/Auslag/Harberd and no idea who's head that was Ragnar was looking at, at the tail end

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                  So you're still expected to get the same target despite being on annual leave? Jesus I wouldn't last a day in sales.
                                                                                                                  jesus no thank god! 300 knocked off target for the week and commision given based on my average commission which is HUGE

but in my head Id like 500 by the end of the week . stupid personal target in my brain lol , Dont like looking at zero on my bounty app .

Our team won a comp this month , top in whole country. Game of Thrones experience in Belfast , 4 course meal , hotel and free drink all night in May . I avoided the xmas one , doing my best to get out of this one too . Manager wants me to go. I might go and not drink
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Just watched The Walk. I am scared of heights....fuck me.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        Just watched The Walk. I am scared of heights....fuck me.
                                                                                                                        Watch the documentary it is based on, Man on Wire. It's a great watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          Watch the documentary it is based on, Man on Wire. It's a great watch.
                                                                                                                          there is more chance of me riding the winner of the National

Mrs DIII finds this phobia very funny

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X