"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What a game! Who needs Chris Gayle.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Is he Phil's young lad?
        Nephew -Google.

Comment

Any thoughts on Linked Finance? Have a few quid sitting around it seems like a decent hing to get into, but I'm probably overlooking several massive pertinent details.

Comment

Have a pretty nice lifestyle with plenty of wanky middle class flourishes living in the west. If I was in Dublin on my wage I'd be fking crippled

Comment

Sitting on a train to\from Drogheda wouldn't be the worst commute ever, assuming you worked near a station in Dublin. Get a seat, read a book, go to sleep....I could handle that.

Whereas driving from, say, Newbridge, would be an absolute killer
              This x 1000.

I've 35 mins train journey with a 5 min walk on each side.
              35 mins in the morning spent sleeping and evening for a book or general Internet browsing.

Tis grand.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                wanky middle class flourishes
                Elaborate please.

Comment

Elaborate please.
                  a yacht and a kept mistress

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    a yacht and a kept mistress
                    I know this is a joke, but I actually can't think of any benefits to this!

The stress of two!

Surely (hypothetically) if you were after the life of Jack the Lad you'd have burners and not be keeping women?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

How do people fall asleep on trains and not miss their stop?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                        This x 1000.

I've 35 mins train journey with a 5 min walk on each side.
                        35 mins in the morning spent sleeping and evening for a book or general Internet browsing.

Tis grand.
                        I was considering all 3 options from Kildare when I was on days, commute, drive or just move up.

The commute to/from Ringsend would be 90mins+ I'm guessing.

Guys working with me paying 600-1000 for a place on my salary at the time, I just wasn't willing to do it. My opinion on it at the time was I'm not working in Dublin to live like a student. It's probably a narrow minded way to look at it without looking at the bigger picture but it was my opinion a few months back, not so much now.

Basically settled on moving up vs new car so went with the car after I moved role. Total journey time door to door, both ways is 2 hours provided there's no accidents, less on the weekends and when schools are off so not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          I know this is a joke, but I actually can't think of any benefits to this!

The stress of two!

Surely (hypothetically) if you were after the life of Jack the Lad you'd have burners and not be keeping women?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxC5BbqKtBE
                          sex on tap whenever you fancy it

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                          i do it a lot coming back from work. never missed my stop. Missed it loads though as a student when drunk

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                            I'm at the last stop, but always wake up a bit before it if I fall asleep.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Elaborate please.
                              Paying +10e for bags of Coffee Beans,farmers market cheese and actually paying for sports channels

Comment

Paying +10e for bags of Coffee Beans,farmers market cheese and actually paying for sports channels
                                I do two of those

Comment

Trick is to buy a house 5km from the city for the price of a country house imo!

Comment

Even mediocre coffee for a French press is 5er a bag. Nice bit of cheese no harm hardly eating sacks of it. Sky sports I got rid as turned into a total house mouse.

Comment

I do two of those
                                      Can I have evens on which two.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                        Even mediocre coffee for a French press is 5er a bag. Nice bit of cheese no harm hardly eating sacks of it. Sky sports I got rid as turned into a total house mouse.
                                        Can't drink most of the supermarket cheap stuff now,it all tastes burnt.ignorance is bliss really

Comment

sex on tap whenever you fancy it
                                          Your not anticipating the lackery youd soon be getting though. Ah it all starts off great but think of Tony Sopranos so called kept mistresses. And they were optimal conditions. It doesnt get better than that and that was a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                            Came down with something tue night, shivers, sweat, shivers, aches, sore to eat or drink and all the rest of that crap.

I text my roommate yesterday around lunchtime to ask him to grab some tylenol and food on the way home as I hadn't got out of bed since the morning and there's nothing here. No reply. Sound bud.

He comes home anyway, doesn't even stick the head in to see if I'm alright.

I'm then sleeping yesterday eve and I wake to hear him clanging around the kitchen cooking dinner, genuinely expected him to ask if I wanted some as I always ask him when Im cooking. Nothing.

Am I being precious or is he a cunt? He's Canadian. Genuinely believe that if I lived with Irish people it'd be a whole different story. We're just better.
                                            He's a cunt, but most people are. Living with women great in that respect - they genuinely care and will help you out at such times.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'm going to the Emporioum to play a poker tournament. First time playing in...18 months? I must be mad. I'll report back on how frustrating and unenjoyable it inevitably proves to be.
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                Your not anticipating the lackery youd soon be getting though. Ah it all starts off great but think of Tony Sopranos so called kept mistresses. And they were optimal conditions. It doesnt get better than that and that was a nightmare.
                                                i think there are two types of mistresses. the ones who want to take over the roost, and the ones who just want quality time here and there when it suits them just as well as when it suits their lovers. this might just be a French thing i don't know, but i know quite a few of both types.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I am now no longer sure that shrapnel was joking...

Comment

Currently about 2 feet of a commute these days, during which time I have fallen asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                        I am now no longer sure that shrapnel was joking...
                                                        Lol, both are middle class flourishes. I have neither and don't want them either, so was just making a point/joke. Mistresses are pretty prevalent in France, even our presidents have them, and it's all common knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          T-4hours to the nut worst day on the internet when media groups pretend to be hilarious jokesters. Can only cringe in anticipation of the 'SF agrees coalition with FG' type political stuff.
                                                          We did well with our one on boards all those years ago though..

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            T-4hours to the nut worst day on the internet when media groups pretend to be hilarious jokesters. Can only cringe in anticipation of the 'SF agrees coalition with FG' type political stuff.
                                                            I told my sister once I got a gig in Vicars Street. She proceeded to ring/contact far too many people a lot of whom didn't check the date. LOL, what a stupid idea that was

*that escalated quickly etc.

Comment

Lol, both are middle class flourishes. I have neither and don't want them either, so was just making a point/joke. Mistresses are pretty prevalent in France, even our presidents have them, and it's all common knowledge.
                                                              Even the wimmin surrender far too easily.

Comment

Comment

a billion hearts broken

Not mine

Latched onto that stat about Mumbai averaging 200 just at the right moment, when I backed them I expected India to make 215.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I thought the whole point of a successful French marriage was that both husband and wife were fully expected to conduct affairs?

Have I been misinformed? All my cherished racial stereotypes are crumbling before me.

Comment

Your lace will be open in a while
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                          I'm going to the Emporioum to play a poker tournament. First time playing in...18 months? I must be mad. I'll report back on how frustrating and unenjoyable it inevitably proves to be.
                                                                          Don't forget to splash the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Not mine

Latched onto that stat about Mumbai averaging 200 just at the right moment, when I backed them I expected India to make 215.
                                                                            Today was probably the first time I could see the attraction of T20. It's still an inferior species though.

Comment

I thought the whole point of a successful French marriage was that both husband and wife were fully expected to conduct affairs?

Have I been misinformed? All my cherished racial stereotypes are crumbling before me.
                                                                              oldie but goodie.

A French couple were having lunch in a posh restaurant. A beautiful young women walked to their table, leaned over and gave the husband a big kiss.

The wife was livid. "Who was that?" she asked.

"I've been meaning to tell you about her", said the husband, "She's my mistress."

"That's it, I've had it," said the wife, "I want a divorce".

"Well, that's entirely up to you," said the husband, "but if you divorce me there would be no more summers in Tuscany, no Lexus in the driveway, no shopping trips in Paris...."

The wife thought about it.

Just then, a friend of theirs strolled into the restaurant with a beautiful woman on his arm. "Who's that with Jim?" asked the wife. "That is Jim's mistress", said the husband.

The wife thought another moment and then said, "Our's is prettier."

Comment

Pinsticking the English Grand National
                                                                                Can make you feel a tool
                                                                                So join the Aintree Tipping Comp
                                                                                And don't be an April Fool

Estimated prize pool of 1k. Great punting weekend with some minor golf tournament on too. Don't delay etc etc

Comment

Anyone know why my fb location is showing I'm in Germany when clearly I'm in portlaoise. Was never in Germany in my life. Weird. My location is off.
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

It's complicated. Plenty of ways to achieve status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                      Anyone know why my fb location is showing I'm in Germany when clearly I'm in portlaoise. Was never in Germany in my life. Weird. My location is off.
                                                                                      I thought you had gone on hols tbh. Said Amsterdam yesterday.

Comment

It's complicated. Plenty of ways to achieve status quo.
                                                                                        We're listening......

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          I thought you had gone on hols tbh. Said Amsterdam yesterday.
                                                                                          It keeps changing, very odd. And also my work email on phone I reckon has been hacked. Asked me to re log in. And saying password wrong.
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

American Politics & Data Visualisation

Excellent

Comment

It keeps changing, very odd. And also my work email on phone I reckon has been hacked. Asked me to re log in. And saying password wrong.
                                                                                              Well you're back in the Netherlands again so I would get your accounts checked ASAP. Last thing you want is bank info hacked too

Comment

We're listening......
                                                                                                Not going there. The French are without a doubt more pragmatic about the whole thing, but it's the same the world over.

I'm sure sp has a much wiser judgment on it all.

Comment

Well you're back in the Netherlands again so I would get your accounts checked ASAP. Last thing you want is bank info hacked too
                                                                                                  How do I do that. I think dp or someone had a similar problem a while back re fb?
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

How do I do that. I think dp or someone had a similar problem a while back re fb?
                                                                                                    You can check which devices your fb is logged in on in the account settings. You can terminate any ones you dont recognise then change your password obviously.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Today was probably the first time I could see the attraction of T20. It's still an inferior species though.
                                                                                                      IPL has lots of great games and liquid in running markets that can be great value

Comment

Not going there. The French are without a doubt more pragmatic about the whole thing, but it's the same the world over.

I'm sure sp has a much wiser judgment on it all.
                                                                                                        I'm terrified to even imagine strewel's position on such matters

Comment

I still find myself in Belgium every now and then. Something to do with some providers buying up ip addresses due to short supply and some sites taking a while to catch up or something like that

Comment

On Facebook go to account settings>>security>>active sessions. Delete anything you don't recognise and change passwords. I can't help with emails and ring your bank tomorrow to tell them you're not on holiday, just in case.

Comment

I'm about to buy a new house in Dublin in the next week or two. A bit nervous about the economy and that incase we have another crash or if I was to lose my job or have to take a big pay-cut. Signing up to a mortgage is a little daunting but given the new mortgage lending rules it is quite unlikely to go into negative equity. (Fingers crossed).

Mortgage will be the same as our current rent and will be 25% of our take home income at the moment. We will continue to save as much as we can and work on overpaying our mortgage as much as we can while we can.

It's really hard to know when the right time to buy is but we plan this house to be our home for the foreseeable future. It's in a good area of Dublin with good public transport and amenities. We could wait another year and save more but you also run the risk of the house you want going up in price, it could also fall but I think the market has levelled a bit now. The later release of houses in same estate have gone up 35k in price since we put down our deposit so that is a bit of a relief but at the end of the day doesn't matter that much as it's not an investment for us.

Must finally say I really can't wait to pick up the keys and get in the door and start working on it. Will try and do as many jobs as I can myself, floors and painting etc. Exciting times

Comment

On Facebook go to account settings>>security>>active sessions. Delete anything you don't recognise and change passwords. I can't help with emails and ring your bank tomorrow to tell them you're not on holiday, just in case.
                                                                                                                Just changed password. Be grand, ty
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Pinsticking the English Grand National
                                                                                                                  Can make you feel a tool
                                                                                                                  So join the Aintree Tipping Comp
                                                                                                                  And don't be an April Fool

Estimated prize pool of 1k. Great punting weekend with some minor golf tournament on too. Don't delay etc etc
                                                                                                                  Ok okay i cant takes this any longer
                                                                                                                  SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                    Long commutes to work generally are fine in the mornings, but it's the getting home is a grim feeling sometimes.

I had a 75 minute commute to work in London before (Clapham to West Ealing) and the mornings were ok because you woke yourself up. Evenings were torture though with it sometimes taking 90 mins+
                                                                                                                    about 70 mins most days door to door
                                                                                                                    5 min walk to bus
                                                                                                                    20-30 mins on bus
                                                                                                                    10ish walk mins from D'olier St to the green
                                                                                                                    20-30 mins Luas
                                                                                                                    and 2 mins to office
                                                                                                                    Add in the waiting game that comes with juggling buses traffic and luas

or 25 min taxi
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      Oh yeah I saw that and couldn't understand the fuss. If something is illegal it's pretty reasonable that there should be a punishment for it and I saw that as a very pro-choice person.
                                                                                                                      Thats insane, I know you are trying to be more sanctimonious than thou but GTFO
                                                                                                                      Trump is running in the US not here.
                                                                                                                      It is not reasonable, especially in a society that has had open access to abortion for 50 years to even consider criminalising women who avail of illegal abortion services.

Comment

I'm terrified to even imagine strewel's position on such matters
                                                                                                                        I'm always highly amused by a lad I know whose wife is a harridan and he spent his whole life chasing young wans. You'd get a call about every other month ' If herself asks I was with you last night'. Then he set up a mistress in an apartment he had (his wife actually owned that place ) He then spent the next few years devoting all his energies to cheating on her which was much more fun than getting one over on the wife who didn't even care any more.

Comment

Ban from Doonbeg golfing society is already on the agenda for the next agm.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X