This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Strewelpeter;966547]Totally eh?

That is just as stupid as saying that integration of Catholics in England totally failed in the 80's.
    Its simply not true and it is the kind of moronic lie that we really don't need to have blasted at us today.
    The simple fact is there are many tens of millions muslim people in Europe who are every bit as upset as anyone else this morning.

<snip >[/QUOT
    Of course there is in your dreamworld.
    Im not blasting it at anyone.
    Im not really upset.
    Or suprised either
    I dont know any of the people.
    Think you become numb to such tragedies.
    These attacks happen on a daily basis in Iraq Syria Turkey getting its fair share as well.

Comment

HOW THE FUCK IS TWINK A CELEBRITY in any way newsworthy whatsoever?

fuck sake

Comment

Twink's beloved dog Teddy faints on live TV: 'There was a bit of panic'

Is there a live feed where I can get updates on this tragic story?

#PrayForTeddy

Je suis Teddy
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Euro16 is going to be some target . team hotels,fan zones ,the matches themselves. They won't even need to get near any of that to cause havoc,a few rucksacks discarded in bins and it will grind to a halt

Comment

Tar I'm deffo a veggie sympathiser but just can't do it. However I admire those who can .

RIP to the people who passed in the unreal events these past few days. Show solidarity however you wish , whatever it takes to remove the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach and Damn the begrudge.

I'm still in awe of the hero in Donegal and other folks who do their talking with such selfless acts . A true hero. I'm sure some unsung hero's out there today also. Let's point meaningless fingers though

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              HOW THE FUCK IS TWINK A CELEBRITY in any way newsworthy whatsoever?

fuck sake
              Deffo some sort of weird level that's over my head at this stage.

I mean there's a pic of the dog getting it's makeup done in the article!

Comment

Speaking of animal cruelty . Imagine being Twinkle dog. Wouldn't you just die of embarrassment and then have to go on TV. No wonder the poor Fecker is trying to escape and passing out with the shame of national exposure .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  There's also millions of other Muslim immigrants culturally alienated from their host societies. It's a specifically Muslim, or to be more specific, Islamic, problem.

Most of these people would never dream of strapping on a suicide vest or beheading an infidel - but at the same time they feel their values are totally at odds with those of their host nations. This is a huge problem, how do you integrate people into western democracies whose values are antithetical to ours?

Make no mistake, today's attacks could happen here.
                  I am half in agreement that an attack could happen here but we are much less likely in my opinion. Obv it only takes a few fools to make a cell.

Our Muslim Population are 1st and 2nd generation who are pretty well integrated with the rest of the population and are happy to be prospering here.

In mainland Europe and the UK there are 4th/5th generation who are living ghetoes basically with poor services and education. They are at a disadvantage compared to the white populations so you can see why it is easier to radicalise the youth.

I think we are less likely to have people turn to violence in an organised way here. Have we had any fighters go join ISIS in the middle East - I am pretty sure no.

Also because we are an Island with a well established anti terrorism arm I think getting weapons into the Ireland will be much more difficult, the same people who assisted the IRA will almost certainly stop ISIS for the same patriotic reasons.

In short I think planning an organised attack in Dublin or Shannon would be much more difficult then the value of either target. You could hit Paris, Berlin, Rome, Lisbon etc 5 times with greater ease imo. Ireland is famous amongst nations with a lot of Irish ex-pats for plastic paddy reasons and a few areas of unrest for the historic freedom fighter common bond. The rest of the world has never heard of us.

Comment

I'd be more worried about a real IRA attack here than ISIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                      You should be more worried about Twink Teddie TBF.
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                          Did you watch them?
                          Reminds me of one of the best threads in the other place.

http://www.b3ta.com/links/Man_gets_hit_by_a_Train Read the comments first and decide whether you want to watch it or not.

Comment

So mass destruction in two major European cities in what, 5 months? I wonder what the tipping point will be for those who don't see increased military action as the solution will be? Dublin being bombed? Loosing somebody you know? These boys are not going to change their fucking minds.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                              I am half in agreement that an attack could happen here but we are much less likely in my opinion. Obv it only takes a few fools to make a cell.

Our Muslim Population are 1st and 2nd generation who are pretty well integrated with the rest of the population and are happy to be prospering here.

In mainland Europe and the UK there are 4th/5th generation who are living ghetoes basically with poor services and education. They are at a disadvantage compared to the white populations so you can see why it is easier to radicalise the youth.

I think we are less likely to have people turn to violence in an organised way here. Have we had any fighters go join ISIS in the middle East - I am pretty sure no.

Also because we are an Island with a well established anti terrorism arm I think getting weapons into the Ireland will be much more difficult, the same people who assisted the IRA will almost certainly stop ISIS for the same patriotic reasons.

In short I think planning an organised attack in Dublin or Shannon would be much more difficult then the value of either target. You could hit Paris, Berlin, Rome, Lisbon etc 5 times with greater ease imo. Ireland is famous amongst nations with a lot of Irish ex-pats for plastic paddy reasons and a few areas of unrest for the historic freedom fighter common bond. The rest of the world has never heard of us.
                              Irish Muslims have fought in, died in and, in some cases, returned from, Syria.

'It was either fight with ISIS or they will kill me", says Abu Omer. So he complied with orders and assumed a role in the frontline for ISIS in the strategically important city of Deir Ez-Zor, fighting there from July until late December, 2014.

Belgium isn't militarily involved in the Middle East yet this provided no safety from jihadism. We likewise have no guarantees.

Our ghettoes may not be as entrenched as those in Moelenbeek but they certainly exist. I wouldn't be in any way complacent about the threat from Islamic terrorists here. One dead infidel is as good as another to these lads.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Belgium matches a very real target during the Euros. Our draw looks even worse now.

Comment

In the Republic?

Comment

Even if this is true, the RIRA or whatever the fuck they are called now would be likely to target some shithole pub not dublin airport.

Comment

Irish Muslims have fought in, died in and, in some cases, returned from, Syria.

'It was either fight with ISIS or they will kill me", says Abu Omer. So he complied with orders and assumed a role in the frontline for ISIS in the strategically important city of Deir Ez-Zor, fighting there from July until late December, 2014.

Belgium isn't militarily involved in the Middle East yet this provided no safety from jihadism. We likewise have no guarantees.

Our ghettoes may not be as entrenched as those in Moelenbeek but they certainly exist. I wouldn't be in any way complacent about the threat from Islamic terrorists here. One dead infidel is as good as another to these lads.

Not currently but they have been in the last few years.

Comment

In the Republic?

Potentially yes. Having a pop at us for embracing the Queen/Britain etc.

Comment

Potentially yes. Having a pop at us for embracing the Queen/Britain etc.
                                          There is next to no chance of that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                            There is next to no chance of that happening.

I do agree. I feel the same about ISIS deciding to bomb us as well though.

Comment

jesus....trump on attacks, what a cunt

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If Shannon was in any way a busy airport they'd probably target it but yeah chances of either group targeting anywhere here is slim to none.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

In my youth i never recall seeing a woman covered head to toe in a burka or a niqab.
                                                  Like it or not muslim women are treated as second class citizens by there own men.
                                                  The very liberals who call for more of them to be drafted into europe seem to have little interest in getting equal rights for the women.
                                                  Did Tubridy not have some of these heroes on who fought in Libya on his show.
                                                  That country is some mess now under Gaddafi the average person was much better off.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    jesus....trump on attacks, what a cunt

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...b0d8d3833859f2
                                                    Didn't say anything to off the mark no? Doesn't look the police have any control of a large area of the city. The Paris suspect was holed up there for weeks and helped by the community.

Comment

The Bruxellois and Parisians probably felt the same way.

This conflict is existential in nature, national boundaries mean nothing.

Comment

Gobshite' friend in Brussels eventually sees fit to inform us as to his still being alive. Good sweat for 6\7 hours there.

Comment

The Bruxellois and Parisians probably felt the same way.

This conflict is existential in nature, national boundaries mean nothing.
                                                          No chance Brussels felt that way after the Paris attacks. This is a group of people based around that area which puts any built up areas on alert. Much easier to run around the continent. It has taken them 4 months to do nowhere near the amount of damage they would have wanted to do and they are now fucked.

<1% chance they skip over Britain and plot to bomb us. The Euros are in France. Much more powerful targets are on the continent and easier to get to and imo it is still more likely a durka durka terrorist plot could happen in the Republic than an IRA linked bombing.

Comment

Anyone going to the Euros now having doubts about your safety?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                              Like it or not muslim women are treated as second class citizens by there own men.
                                                              The very liberals who call for more of them to be drafted into europe seem to have little interest in getting equal rights for the women.
                                                              Radical Islam + oil money = a very bad combination.

You can almost forgive the uneducated, ignorant and desperate who get radicalised by the equally dumb imams. It's the Saudi and Gulf billionaires who spend their weekends shopping in Harrods but throw cash the way of these lunatics that are the true enemy.

Of all the fucking places in the world to find oceans of Texas tea.

Comment

Was thinking it might make it easier to get tickets for the Belgium game to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Was thinking it might make it easier to get tickets for the Belgium game to be honest.
                                                                  I'm sure the Euros will be very safe, certainly in the vicinity of the stadia. No doubt the price of that will be massive inconvenience though.

Comment

Fingers crossed for Stockholm next....
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Have cancelled all plans. Not even joking. Fuck that. I can't think of anything worse than being caught up in something like that. Its the not knowing thats more scary than anything. These psychos could pounce anywhere at any time and dont give a shit. Will have a few days in Galway and go to the IPO Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                        Have cancelled all plans. Not even joking. Fuck that. I can't think of anything worse than being caught up in something like that. Its the not knowing thats more scary than anything. These psychos could pounce anywhere at any time and dont give a shit. Will have a few days in Galway and go to the IPO Dublin.
                                                                        Any Belgium tix m8, I know a guy.

Comment

That's what the terrorists want you to think m8

Comment

Just saw a tweet of a cartoon of Tintin crying. FFS

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                              Didn't say anything to off the mark no? Doesn't look the police have any control of a large area of the city. The Paris suspect was holed up there for weeks and helped by the community.
                                                                              [citation needed]

WTF Do you really think 'the community' i.e. the mass of people in the area going about their daily business were in some way helping or supporting him? Get a fucking grip FFS!
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Just saw a tweet of a cartoon of Tintin crying. FFS
                                                                                That's my facebook profile picture sorted.

Comment

Any Belgium tix m8, I know a guy.
                                                                                  If you're serious then I possibly will. The lad we were going with. His Dad works for the FAI so I'll wait for him to make a decision on going first. Should know in a couple of days if the rest of the group are ago going. Had been 3 drop outs so far.

Comment

If you're serious then I possibly will. The lad we were going with. His Dad works for the FAI so I'll wait for him to make a decision on going first. Should know in a couple of days if the rest of the group are ago going. Had been 3 drop outs so far.
                                                                                    @ArmaniJeans

Comment

Words fail me
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        [citation needed]

WTF Do you really think 'the community' i.e. the mass of people in the area going about their daily business were in some way helping or supporting him? Get a fucking grip FFS!
                                                                                        It was widely reported after the arrest that it was "known" he was around like most cases with terrorists harder to prove.

Comment

[citation needed]

99.9999% of the Muslim population do not condone these acts whatsoever.

Same way 99.9999% of Irish living in GB during the 70's and 80's did not condone the bombings.

I wonder how many of them lifted the phone when "jimmy" walked into the pub and everyone knew he was in some way involved ?
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Someone I know cancelled a weekend away in Brussels after the last attacks, I thought he was a lunatic.

Comment

[citation needed]

Over 400 people have gone to fight in Syria from that 'community'.

It's an extremely radicalised place. Try bringing your wife\girlfriend\daughter for a walk around there wearing shorts for example. You'll last less than a minute before the first assault.

The search for the perpetrators of the Paris attacks has led authorities across the Belgian border to a Brussels suburb with a history of links to terror plots.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                99.9999% of the Muslim population do not condone these acts whatsoever.

Same way 99.9999% of Irish living in GB during the 70's and 80's did not condone the bombings.

I wonder how many of them lifted the phone when "jimmy" walked into the pub and everyone knew he was in some way involved ?
                                                                                                Ole, the majority don't condone the attacks but a significant minority do. It would be folly not to recognise how alienated a lot of Muslims are from Western society. They are sickened by our value systems. Put that together with poverty, lack of education and radical preachers telling them that the way to salvation is to slaughter infidels, then you have a lethal cocktail.

Comment

Words fail me
                                                                                                  Makes a change.

Comment

Wait a few days and don't make a hasty decision imo, its bound to look different in a few days. Purely from a football pov this may be the only shot you get at travelling to a tournament with your mates so why waste it.

Comment

Wait a few days and don't make a hasty decision imo, its bound to look different in a few days. Purely from a football pov this may be the only shot you get at travelling to a tournament with your mates so why waste it.
                                                                                                      Ill never go to new york 1000s were killed in a terrorist attack.

Comment

Aul Rob Ford dead.

Comment

Ole, the majority don't condone the attacks but a significant minority do. It would be folly not to recognise how alienated a lot of Muslims are from Western society. They are sickened by our value systems. Put that together with poverty, lack of education and radical preachers telling them that the way to salvation is to slaughter infidels, then you have a lethal cocktail.
                                                                                                          Tbh when you see stuff like the Kardashians on TV you can see why

Comment

Russia V England is surely the pick of the group ties to be targeted anyway. Practically a suicide vest for everyone in syria if you give the Russians an excuse to invade without the rest of the world kicking up a fuss.

Comment

Holiday in Ireland should see a bit of an uptick anyway can see people thinking bring the kids down the county somewhere run around pretty much threat free. We are lucky here.

Comment

Fuck that if ya can't leave Ireland for a holiday what's the point in even making any money.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                  Im assuming now everyone will change there facebook photo to a belgian flag to show solidarity and make a real difference.
                                                                                                                  Haven't heard of any more bombings in France. Works 100%

Comment

If possible I'll honestly take any spare that AJ doesn't take if ye do decide not to go.
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                      If possible I'll honestly take any spare that AJ doesn't take if ye do decide not to go.
                                                                                                                      No bother. It's not me in charge of the tickets so don't get yer hopes up. I'm sure his Dad knows plenty of fellas looking....

Comment

No bother. It's not me in charge of the tickets so don't get yer hopes up. I'm sure his Dad knows plenty of fellas looking....
                                                                                                                        Ah yeah I figure no hope, but I'm trying everywhere today as lots of people will be backing out. If the games were on tomorrow I'd still be buying the tickets
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          Fuck that if ya can't leave Ireland for a holiday what's the point in even making any money.
                                                                                                                          nice shilling for Dublin Airport

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X