X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's Cuba struck off the list of places worth going I guess

Comment

It's all but impossible to open the doors when a car is submerged, as the water pressure outside is so much greater than the air pressure inside the car. Dreadful story.

Comment

Mythbusters showed you just how fucked you really are if you go down in a car

#MythBusters#SavageBuildsFearless Adam holds his breath as he is submerged in a pool to test the underwater car escape myth.Stream the first episode of Adam'...
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Poor djokovic getting torn apart for talking sense

Comment

Knew I recognised Foggy from Daredevil from somewhere

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Cooked for 30 people yesterday, no problem I enjoy doing that about 10 of them are veggies so no problem, one huge pot of steak and kidney pie and a Channa Masala and general veg curry for the rest... but wait there are a couple of vegans but hey who am I to judge people confusing hipster modalities for a moral position
              What a pain in the arse, can't put a splash of Worcester sauce in the Curry because some poor unfortunate sentient Anchovy was plucked out of the atlantic to help make it delicious and FML I had to serve the mashed spuds without butter and cream. What a miserable existence those poor deluded hipsters live.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Cooked for 30 people yesterday, no problem I enjoy doing that about 10 of them are veggies so no problem, one huge pot of steak and kidney pie and a Channa Masala and general veg curry for the rest... but wait there are a couple of vegans but hey who am I to judge people confusing hipster modalities for a moral position
                What a pain in the arse, can't put a splash of Worcester sauce in the Curry because some poor unfortunate sentient Anchovy was plucked out of the atlantic to help make it delicious and FML I had to serve the mashed spuds without butter and cream. What a miserable existence those poor deluded hipsters live.
                That should keep things ticking over for the afternoon here, wp'd.
                airport, lol

Comment

Pricks,I'd have sent them to the shop for some quorn burgers and seated them in the hallway
                  Last edited by Guest; 21-03-16, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Pricks,I'd have sent them to the shop for some quorn burgers and seated them in the hallway
                    But seriously correct etiquette is that they should offer to bring their own vegan dish and not ruin everyone else's evening

Comment

Do other vegies eat anchovies? I know some vegetarians are happy with eating fish but fish is fish.

Also I defo would have made most of the mash with butter and cream and just left a bit fluffy potato or what ever dry mash is called. Sure what sort of a madman would be going for mash with a curry instead of rice and nann?

More importantly tho less people dipping into the pie which is a result

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

2 items I cannot find and I was hoping the BBV can help me out.

1-lightweight towels for the gym, mine are a bit manky now and dont want to head down with a full bathtowel bulking out my bag.

2-A knock off mac book charger - fuck paying 150 for another charger with the same inbuilt flaw or if someone know somewhere to get it fixed.

Comment

If you can get your hands on some, Henderson's Relish does a better job than Worcester Sauce and is vegan:

We put it in everything.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Well that's Cuba struck off the list of places worth going I guess
                              Could be a new Vegas - the mafia pretty much had Havana locked down in the Batista times.

Anything I've ever read about that era sounded fantastic. IPB Cheltenham trip to Havana in 2021. Smoke some big ones imo.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

1-lightweight towels for the gym, mine are a bit manky now and dont want to head down with a full bathtowel bulking out my bag.

2-A knock off mac book charger - fuck paying 150 for another charger with the same inbuilt flaw or if someone know somewhere to get it fixed.
                                1-amazon have 3 for a tenner etc. loads of options on there.

2-gearbest, aliexpress, banggood etc.

gearbest link

Comment

Did the National Acquatic Centre this morning (Easter hols). Solid 8/10 entertainment imo. Kids forced me to boogie board down this stupid yoke where you get blown back by the current. Ears still full of water. Would recommend, decent product of the Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

gearbest link
                                    nice one thanks

Comment

gearbest link
                                      forgot to mention but those are all chinese/HK sites so posting can be a bit slow (in case you need it in a hurry)

Comment

Where is the best place to buy not one but two Ice Cream scoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Did the National Acquatic Centre this morning (Easter hols). Solid 8/10 entertainment imo. Kids forced me to boogie board down this stupid yoke where you get blown back by the current. Ears still full of water. Would recommend, decent product of the Tiger.
                                          Great place. Going early definitely pays dividends as it really doesn't get busy till lunchtime.

Comment

Could be a new Vegas - the mafia pretty much had Havana locked down in the Batista times.

Anything I've ever read about that era sounded fantastic.
                                            I agree with this, though my in depth knowledge of Cuba is based almost entirely on the 30 minutes it featured in Godfather II.

Comment

Great place. Going early definitely pays dividends as it really doesn't get busy till lunchtime.
                                              Yeah, it was nice and uncrowded until 12 or so.

Thinking of Pollardstown Fen for tomorrow's jaunt. Any opinions?

Comment

Got an erection reading this.
                                                Reminds me of when people unexpectedly were invited to HJs dinner party, they sat upstairs and he brought them up leftovers, the person that invited them ate the meal with his mates in a room upstairs

Do other vegies eat anchovies? I know some vegetarians are happy with eating fish but fish is fish.

Also I defo would have made most of the mash with butter and cream and just left a bit fluffy potato or what ever dry mash is called. Sure what sort of a madman would be going for mash with a curry instead of rice and nann?

More importantly tho less people dipping into the pie which is a result
                                                No veggies eat anchovies, pescetarians and other people that aren't really veggie do.

Comment

Was in Cuba in September. Was very enjoyable, would return.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                    Was in Cuba in September. Was very enjoyable, would return.
                                                    It'll be full of Bros when you go back.

Comment

Yeah, it was nice and uncrowded until 12 or so.

Thinking of Pollardstown Fen for tomorrow's jaunt. Any opinions?
                                                      never been. looks interesting although not very restful (as per description: Children should be strictly supervised and should not be allowed roam freely).

Comment

Poor djokovic getting torn apart for talking sense
                                                        Finding it bizarre tbh. Nothing that he said was actually in any way controversial.

The other guy fairly wrong though!

Comment

never been. looks interesting although not very restful (as per description: Children should be strictly supervised and should not be allowed roam freely).
                                                          We'll put that on hold for about eight years so. I'll make them climb a hill instead.

Comment

We'll put that on hold for about eight years so. I'll make them climb a hill instead.
                                                            Bring 'em up to the Hellfire Club, tire them out & tell them a few devil stories...

Comment

Think it was V4V before that mentioned something about a dark chocolate gourmet egg thing? Looking to get one delivered to my folks before Thurs. Any ideas?

Was going to go Hotel Chocolat but not sure of delivery at this stage. Cheers

Comment

Just catching up here and that awful news with family in car. Seems like a miracle child was saved. Video shows just how fast ( if you even knew how) you have to react!

Demonstration shows the right moves to make if your car is sinking under water.

Comment

The fen is a nice walk and I've often brought small kids I suppose you'd want to be confident enough in their swimming to be able to get back out of the water if they fall in.

Go on a Sunday or early evening and drop in to the hanged mans for a great value steak on the way back.

A great walking (or cycling) project with kids, probably a little bit bigger than yours, is to walk the length of the Grand Canal. It is 120k in total, do it in 10 to 15K segments taking as much time as you like about it. Start at the Liffey in the spring and you'll make it to the Shannon by Autumn only doing every other weekend. Drive to where you stopped off last time and book a taxi to pick you up and bring you back to the car. Use maps and wallcharts etc. to get the kids fully engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Bring 'em up to the Hellfire Club, tire them out & tell them a few devil stories...
                                                                    Dice you big bully

1-make them really tired
                                                                    2-make them terrified to close their eyes
                                                                    3-watch as sleep deprivation drives them insane

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      Think it was V4V before that mentioned something about a dark chocolate gourmet egg thing? Looking to get one delivered to my folks before Thurs. Any ideas?

Ah fuck I forgot about Easter Egg for the GF. Where is the BBV going for reassuringly expensive chocolate not for kids.

Comment

Comment

Ah fuck I forgot about Easter Egg for the GF. Where is the BBV going for reassuringly expensive chocolate not for kids.
                                                                          A lily O'Brien egg would be nice...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              Love that I don't know when Easter Monday is. Thought it was next week? But anything that keeps religion an unknown is a great thing
                                                                              It is next week????
                                                                              Easter really should be on the same day every year,start of April I reckon

Comment

gearbest link
                                                                                Did someone say towels?? check out wiggle.co.uk

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Hotel chocolat is my go to choice. Get UK next day delivery via parcel motel and you should be fine ordering tonight or tomorrow.
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Any recommendation on places to stay in Barcelona? Good location, not too expensive ideally.

Comment

Got a knock off Mag 2 charger for sale in Dublin (unused) for 20 quid if that's the one you're after

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                      Any recommendation on places to stay in Barcelona? Good location, not too expensive ideally.
                                                                                      This is a nice hotel right beside the best nightclub in the city. I got it for 7 nights for €465 on lastminute secret hotels in august instead of €800 through their site. Check out those secret hotels though, sweet deals sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                        Got a knock off Mag 2 charger for sale in Dublin (unused) for 20 quid if that's the one you're after
                                                                                        Its for my GF so will check with her when I get home

Comment

Anyone know anything about life insurance? Time for more fun spending money to dissapear into the boring bullshit black hole

Comment

Homeandaway.co.uk is what I've used previously.

Make sure you go to Sub Rosa, small cocktail bar cheap class cocktails, cool music very strange toilet decor. Served us well for pre Sonar breakfast cocktails
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                              Homeandaway.co.uk is what I've used previously.

Make sure you go to Sub Rosa, small cocktail bar cheap class cocktails, cool music very strange toilet decor. Served us well for pre Sonar breakfast cocktails
                                                                                              On Las Ramblas? Think I've been there before alright, will def go again.

Comment

Anyone know anything about life insurance? Time for more fun spending money to dissapear into the boring bullshit black hole
                                                                                                May not be necessary - check your pension t&c's. A lot of them include 'death in service' benefits.

Or else gamble, tell the wife\partner you have it sorted and spend the cash on deviancy.

Comment

On Las Ramblas? Think I've been there before alright, will def go again.
                                                                                                  Its off one of the squares thats off las Ramblas, not on Las Ramblas itself but its class, barman fairly sweated when about 12 of us landed in couple of years ago trying to make all the drinks from scratch. Class spot though.

Plenty of cool apartments to be got on that site and airbnb or tripadvisor even. Only booked accommodation for Sonar again myself there recently and it was pretty hassle free. Cant wait to get back what a cool city.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

It's pretty cheap in fairness. Only bother with if you have dependents though.
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                      Or a mortgage.

Pesky banks expecting to get paid back.
                                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Anything I've ever read about that era sounded fantastic. IPB Cheltenham trip to Havana in 2021. Smoke some big ones imo.
                                                                                                        photo of tourist from said era, entitled The Ugly American:

SPOILER

Suites booked for Horsehead Elite already

Comment

Mmmm, thought flights to Lingfield on Friday would be mad money, € 155 - 190 with Aer Lingus. May just have to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                            May not be necessary - check your pension t&c's. A lot of them include 'death in service' benefits.

Or else gamble, tell the wife\partner you have it sorted and spend the cash on deviancy.
                                                                                                            Must read my work pension t&cs ,there is def some stuff like that in there. Don't think its much of a wedge though,which will be needed once there is kids on the scene

Comment

Must read my work pension t&cs ,there is def some stuff like that in there. Don't think its much of a wedge though,which will be needed once there is kids on the scene
                                                                                                              typically they increase based on the number of dependents

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                Mmmm, thought flights to Lingfield on Friday would be mad money, € 155 - 190 with Aer Lingus. May just have to pull the trigger.
                                                                                                                Nag running? Did I miss a tip somewhere?

Comment

last day in work tomorrow and then on hols till Fri week. While I am on gone I am sure some fuckers gonna pass me out but shur fuck it , I'm off to ship the IO

[IMG]
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                    You need to put gamblor to bed until next Cheltenham... Or, share the tip
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                      No , I was due to go over and then with all that happened I said I would give it a miss but really tempted mow.

Comment

3X basic is usually the death in service amount.
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Profitable week?
                                                                                                                          Highlights?
                                                                                                                          Yea decent punting week, no complaints at all.

Highlight (not for financial reasons) was definitely Sprinter Sacre, was something else to watch. I didn't regret not being there this year until that race.

Yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X