This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Ugh, just commented on a friend's facebook post where I assumed she was fraped.

She posted 'I'm a lesbian', I replied 'So am I' and I instantly got a pm from her saying she wasn't fraped at all and now I have to post something silly from a list all in the name of cancer awareness. wtf?

Fuck facebook imo.
    Wrong on so many levels, maybe post "I have cancer" to raise awareness for the LGBT community?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
      Send her back on those 'post this or everyone you know will die' chain letters. I believe this was actually a thng back in the day via POST. Anyone else have memories, my dad told me that it happened.
      I got one of those once I might even still have it I think it was a prayer to say n times and then copy and post on. I had had an Aunt who used to receive an inordinate amount of them, she was really nice and they would upset her.
      Coincidentally the guy who I strongly suspected was behind sending them to her died yesterday.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm free today and want to spend some time contemplating 'n shit in an environment which may be considered woody, but not Woodies. Can anyone think of any good options to head to in Dublin? Woods, bonus if a river, not St Annes, more secluded than that.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          I'm free today and want to spend some time contemplating 'n shit in an environment which may be considered woody, but not Woodies. Can anyone think of any good options to head to in Dublin? Woods, bonus if a river, not St Annes, more secluded than that.
          If you are willing to drive about half an hour from the M50 out of Dublin Donadea Forest park is nice.

Comment

Think it was from strangers or was it people you knew. Addresses out of the phone book? People are morons.

N e craic
            What did the lazare clan have for breakfast?
            Craic?

Clan had toast, weetabix, grapes, fig rolls, and more toast.

Kid loves pickled onions, didn't have any for breakfast, but just thought you needed to know. She has them for tea sometimes.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

bushy park

Comment

Botanics m8.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Botanics m8.
                  +1 actually. botanics are lovely.

Comment

Probably will see squirrels, also So-crates's missing toe/s.
                    83 bus stops outside fyi Hotspur.

Comment

Only somewhat woody, but the War Memorial Gardens is a very under-utilized spot imo Has the bonus of seeing the Liffy in it's more natural and tranquil state.

Comment

All fine options as best as I can tell from Google images. Going with Botanic Gardens as it's closest. Haven't been since I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          It was funny yesterday morning on my way to work I went to Aldi to pick up a Turbo Trainer for the bike that they were selling for €80 and there was a queue of people waiting for the shop to open to buy a Garmin 500 bike computer they were selling for €104 normally about €150. They all went in ahead of me and as I'm picking up my box the rest are all standing around the glass case looking at the one Garmin that is on show and stressing about which of them should get it if it is the only one. Just as I get to the till they all come piling down as thats where the other 3 they have in the shop to sell are. I really had to work hard restrain myself from buying it just to spite them
                          Funny thing is that at €104 it's not a spectacular deal by the time you go buy a HRM and the sensors. They would all have been better off buying a bundle online! Of course if you never wanted those then it was a decent deal.

I can't comment on the abilities of the multi-sports watches. I suggest reading dcrainmaker.com. You wont go far wrong there.
                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Ha! TG4 delivers

A guy turns down a date for a car service on Irish dating show Pioc do Ride.https://www.facebook.com/piocdoridePioc do Ride, every Thursday 10pm on TG4#PiocD...

Comment

All fine options as best as I can tell from Google images. Going with Botanic Gardens as it's closest. Haven't been since I was a kid.
                              Massey Woods behind me is the spot if you can be bothered getting here

Comment

Graham?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  I feel bad for laughing so much, harsh.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Heartened to see Rasta has found a way to fill his spare non IPB time.

Comment

Is it time to start getting worried about Henshaws injury?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Karl Whelan. This was his mother in action in another situation.

The Tim in that pic is a deeply disturbed individual.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

That lewandowski 9 minutes video was removed. I tried now and on the night to find it. Is it an indication of the times we live in that despite one player scoring 5 goals in 9 minutes, that the only offerings are a compi-fucking-lation. I can watch a compliation of a guy scoring 5, or 50 goals anytime.

I want to see the befores, the celebrations, the tip off's, the ridiculousness of it all and reactions. It's 9 fucking minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Read AP McCoy's autobiography over the last week or so. Got a very negative impression of him - he took the opportunity to put the boot into people who couldn't possibly fight back. Nasty.

Worth a read? Must give it a go.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Speaking of sccrificing children...The Born Addicted programme on RTE2 is quare bleak stuff
                                                    Just about to watch a recording of it now. I'd imagine its gonna be pretty grim

Comment

Karl Whelan. This was his mother in action in another situation.

Feck you and your facts, I was going to look up who it was but instead decided it was better just to believe it was Brendan 'Fill yer boots' Burgess Mammy

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                        Brendan Dunne Framing, 80 Capel St. Never used them but I know the lads involved, been there for years and won't screw you.
                                                        Top notch thanks. Seemed slightly insulted that I thought he was closed

Comment

That lewandowski 9 minutes video was removed. I tried now and on the night to find it. Is it an indication of the times we live in that despite one player scoring 5 goals in 9 minutes, that the only offerings are a compi-fucking-lation. I can watch a compliation of a guy scoring 5, or 50 goals anytime.

I want to see the befores, the celebrations, the tip off's, the ridiculousness of it all and reactions. It's 9 fucking minutes.
                                                          Have a bad quality version on my lappy here, will upload to youtube sometime and send ya the link
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Just about to watch a recording of it now. I'd imagine its gonna be pretty grim
                                                            Not as utterly bleak as it might seem. It is kind of hard not to snigger and allow ones prejudices to dismiss the optimisms some of the participants express.
                                                            There were a few of the more heartfelt bits where my cynicism got the better of me

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              Was up there for a wedding a few weeks ago, the heated outdoor pool is pretty awesome.
                                                              Just out of it. It looks into a field of cows which is a bit Father Ted.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Full 1st and 2nd half here

He scores his first goal on 51 mins you can see the lot here.

Comment

I wouldn't pay money for it, put it that way.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mildly NSFW

I can picture deadparrot working the bacon suit.

Comment

lol, Sean Moncrieff show reviewing beers, he reads out the following text..

"Have you tried Tommy Tank? Had one one night and went straight to sleep after it'

Comment

@Emmett, haven't looked at FF betting for a few weeks. Any standouts this week?

Get competitive odds at 888sport ✓ Online Betting on all major Sports Betting events with Bet Builder, In Play & more. T&Cs Apply!

Maybe Payet/Hazard/Igalho.....

Comment

Get competitive odds at 888sport ✓ Online Betting on all major Sports Betting events with Bet Builder, In Play & more. T&Cs Apply!

those h2h's, is it money back if it's a draw?

I remember trying to join this site and wouldn't accept moneybookers, must get a bank card sorted

lanzini at 250/1 top midfielder not a horrible shout if he starts
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Watford (101), Stoke(66) and Everton(71) for Top Teams.

Pedro @ 251 for top player/top midfielder
                                                                            Walters @251 top player
                                                                            Barkley @251 top mid
                                                                            Bojan @ 251 top forward
                                                                            Santi @ 251 top mid
                                                                            Mane @ 251 top mid

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              Watford (101), Stoke(66) and Everton(71) for Top Teams.

Pedro @ 251 for top player/top midfielder
                                                                              Walters @251 top player
                                                                              Barkley @251 top mid
                                                                              Bojan @ 251 top forward
                                                                              Santi @ 251 top mid
                                                                              Mane @ 251 top mid
                                                                              Scattergun...

Payet @ 140
                                                                              Kolorov @ 250
                                                                              Mane @ 175
                                                                              Ighalo @ 120
                                                                              Arnautovic @ 250
                                                                              Bojan @ 175
                                                                              Skrtel @ 250

@MDoug, I presume money back..

Comment

Cheers

I must join ye on these fun bets this week. I'll be on wilson at evens vs diouf for £10 and then put £9 worth of 250/1 shots on . Will wait for line-ups though
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Can the nerds point me to a good 'how the fck does Magic The Gathering work' video? Watched the six official intro videos on youtube and still don't really get it. Still floundering over the initial basic question: you use one deck of cards, or each player has their own set? And if each player has their own set there's surely a huge disparity in ability if someone has been gathering the cards for years vs a noob.
                                                                                  In MTG there are a variety of formats you can play. Some are played with only cards from the most recently released block, and others include a certain number of sets going back in time. Yes each player has their own deck and you would need access to cards to be on level playing field in many formats.

There are also what's called "limited" formats where prior ownership of cards is not an issue. For example a "sealed deck" tournament everyone is given a certain number of booster packs of a set and everyone creates a 40 card deck out of those cards. Also in a "draft" tournament you sit in a circle of 8 players, open a pack, draft a card, and pass the remaining cards to the next person - thus you draft a 40 card deck this way.

MTG is a fairly big commitment to get into as the game is so complex. Making decks can be a very creative experience, and the strategy of the game is extraordinary and dynamic - poker or chess strategy couldn't hold a candle to it imo.

God I devoted so many hours of my life when I was younger to that game. Great fun though, and played all over the world with it. It can be very addictive though, cardboard crack as it was known.

Comment

...
                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 25-09-15, 17:33.

Comment

...

Comment

Argentina are going to give us plenty of it if we top group

Comment

Cool story

Remarkably, Jesse's transformation started by accident. "It started off as nothing more than an ill-fated attempt to get a rise out of bodybuilding types," he recalls. Jesse created a thread called "Ask the fattest man on the misc [sub-forum] anything," posted photos of his then-obese body, and waited, fully expecting—almost inviting—a backlash.

What happened instead set the wheels of change in motion.

"[My plan] 'backfired' on me, and people started to try to convince me that it wasn't too late, that even at my weight, all was not lost," remembers Jesse. "I didn't want to hear it and made my usual excuses, like not having enough money for groceries or lacking the motivation. But the members of the thread didn't accept my excuses and even offered advice on how it could be done. They walked me through it, provided me with a platform to get feedback and take baby steps, and the rest is history!"

"It really showed me that even on the Internet, the kindness of strangers can completely change your life. It helped me to realize that I had something to fight for," Jesse says of his Bodybuilding.com comrades. "They're the ones who took me under their wings and believed in me long before I believed in myself."
                                                                                          Human compassion and technology come together in a truly inspiring transformation story. This legendary Bodybuilding.com forum member lost 350 pounds with the help and encouragement of strangers.

Hello everyone! My name is Jesse, and in may of 2013 I was nearly 700 lbs! I was to… Wetty Breasts needs your support for Jesse's excess skin removal surgery

Comment

I upgraded Windows and now Ipoker wont open,anyone any idea why? It will open and I can log in but thats about it.
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I know Keane and Danny are fans, but Survivor started up again last night, Survivor-Second chance.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                I upgraded Windows and now Ipoker wont open,anyone any idea why? It will open and I can log in but thats about it.
                                                                                                It's trying to save you money

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                  It's trying to save you money
                                                                                                  Its not compatible yet with the new windows update but the tech team are working on it . Prob be fixed in 2019
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Did all that earlier still wouldnt work
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Botanics fun?
                                                                                                        Initially I was just tilted due to people being there. Really I wanted to be away from people in nature, but I can't exactly complain after choosing to pop into an urban garden. Except that I did to myself, cursing the people and the gentrified nature of the place.

But then I found a spot away to sit down on a bank by the canal(?) and it was okay. Had brought a bunch of expressive paintings I had done over the past few years, and some other stuff, and pad and pen to write.

Might head out somewhere larger and out of the way next week, that Massey Woods that Dice mentioned might do the trick.

Comment

Did all that earlier still wouldnt work
                                                                                                          Did all that too and got Boyles and Betfair going but not PP.

Comment

Monitor after going on my laptop, it is running alright but monitor just won't and the two cables are plugged in fine to both monitor and laptop. Someone help pls!
                                                                                                            It has been iffy for 12 hours before finally giving way when I moved it
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Initially I was just tilted due to people being there. Really I wanted to be away from people in nature, but I can't exactly complain after choosing to pop into an urban garden. Except that I did to myself, cursing the people and the gentrified nature of the place.

But then I found a spot away to sit down on a bank by the canal(?) and it was okay. Had brought a bunch of expressive paintings I had done over the past few years, and some other stuff, and pad and pen to write.

Might head out somewhere larger and out of the way next week, that Massey Woods that Dice mentioned might do the trick.
                                                                                                              Massey woods are great. There is a lovely trail up into the wider forest if you're looking for something even more isolated.
                                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                Monitor after going on my laptop, it is running alright but monitor just won't and the two cables are plugged in fine to both monitor and laptop. Someone help pls!
                                                                                                                It has been iffy for 12 hours before finally giving way when I moved it
                                                                                                                Can you plug it into a tv in the meantime if you need to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  Can you plug it into a tv in the meantime if you need to use it?
                                                                                                                  No tvs or monitors in my house unfortunately. Really feels like there is just one wire loose somewhere that I cannot find and have no clue where to look
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                                                    Did all that too and got Boyles and Betfair going but not PP.
                                                                                                                    ah I cant figure it out, I have a proper look tomorrow
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Ah fond memories of trying to persuade the kid to not cough / barf until she'd been put in the hands of the creche lady and I'd legged it away down the street with my phone on silent.
                                                                                                                      Wife loved this Hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                        No tvs or monitors in my house unfortunately. Really feels like there is just one wire loose somewhere that I cannot find and have no clue where to look
                                                                                                                        Yeah, had that problem a few times. Usally just plug them out and in again and eventually it start working. Sometimes it can be too tight or loose so have to do a bit of fiddling. Failing that, I just give it a thump
                                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Holy shit, The Wire on Sky Atlantic looks amazing, proper HD.

Think I'm gonna get stuck back in, fuckit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X