This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Wow...blasted him. Interesting to see where it goes from here.
    Could be upsides if the hyptrain derails I suppose, Joe.ie going out of business for one

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      There are literally dozens of boxers that would put any of these MMA guys to sleep, it's so overrated.

You're right that he's not on the same planet as Ali in any regard, the comparison is nauseating.
      Don't know how to embed s YouTube video but here is McGregor playing with Patrick Hyland as a cat would a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        He has a post a few posts back that has an index of everything he's written.

Occasionally he's extra prescient:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1388586...rsuader-series
        There is a non-zero chance that the Christie kill shot was designed by the Trump campaign. Trump was on his best behavior at the debate, as a strategy, but Trump needed to put a cap in Rubio’s ass to slow his rise. Trump and Christie seemed a bit chummy last night. How hard would it be for the Trump campaign to pass along that kill shot?

Comment

You're always gonna look silly when destroyed after talking yourself up as almost immortal, David Haye was similar in boxing. Both talented but even more talented in self promotion and conning people into thinking they're one of the GOAT's. But doubt he cares, hes filthy rich based off people falling for it.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Congratulations to the Parrots, the little pigeon is a wee cracker. She does look a lot older than a newborn and her hair is just class. Hope Paula is feeling good. Was it a natural birth of a section? Thought you were in scrubs.

Aimee was about 4 months before she got to that weight! She was 7 5 when born and took almost a month to get back to birth weight. It really is the most amazing feeling and no one can prepare you for the emotions you will feel. And it doesn't stop!

Enjoy xxx

Comment

Brother still up after the fight...on Marian now shortly, then heading to the airport to LA to watch Lakers vs GSW tonight...poor fucker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                You're always gonna look silly when destroyed after talking yourself up as almost immortal, David Haye was similar in boxing. Both talented but even more talented in self promotion and conning people into thinking they're one of the GOAT's. But doubt he cares, hes filthy rich based off people falling for it.
                I'd say there were plenty of those people just enjoying the hype train and the style of fighting for what it was (although probably not in Vegas at moment)

4/1 about the bigger man

Comment

How did the bookies get it so wrong, or was it just weight of money on CMcG?

Comment

How did the bookies get it so wrong, or was it just weight of money on CMcG?

I'm not sure they got it that wrong. Most people thought he would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                      Well yea, include the 'most people' in it then. It seems from the boards thread and other stuff I've read that he could never compete with the ability of the heavier guys to absorb his shots, and give back heavier shots.

Comment

Well yea, include the 'most people' in it then. It seems from the boards thread and other stuff I've read that he could never compete with the ability of the heavier guys to absorb his shots, and give back heavier shots.

Was this after the fight? Everyone seems to be coming out of the woodwork now and stating how difficult the weight jump is and how big a difference it played. It probably did, but I didn't see many stating this before the fight. That's probably one area the bookies(and everyone else) didn't factor in. It's easy to analyse a fight when you know the outcome.

Comment

Was this after the fight? Everyone seems to be coming out of the woodwork now and stating how difficult the weight jump is and how big a difference it played. It probably did, but I didn't see many stating this before the fight. That's probably one area the bookies(and everyone else) didn't factor in. It's easy to analyse a fight when you know the outcome.
                          But the fan boys need some excuse for the GOAT's loss.

Comment

He was winning the fight u til he wasn't. Thought he was trying way too hard to go for a highlight reel KO and gassed to an extent. Didn't show enough respect.
                            Stuff like tonight is why MMA is better then boxing IMO,fighters can't hide. Look at Frampton making noises about vacating the belt he won last weekend to avoid fighting the best guy in his division. And may weather pacquio not happening till way after both their prime

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                              Sad life to take such joy in another mans demise.
                              wtf are you talking about? i'm happy he got beat, and i'm delighted the hype train came to a screeching halt.

This is not his demise, it was a good old fashioned ass whooping. About time he and his fans came back down to earth.

He'll be back and i look forward to it. He's a solid fighter and I have always enjoyed his fights, the delusional shit not so much.

Comment

I for one was pretty certain that Mcgregor would lose and bet accordingly.

I also thought he would have lost vs dos anjos and aldo though and lost accordingly on the latter
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                  If Diaz chin holds he'll prob trade for a bit then finish McGregor late on. It is a potential war of a fight.
                                  wp

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    wtf are you talking about? i'm happy he got beat, and i'm delighted the hype train came to a screeching halt.

This is not his demise, it was a good old fashioned ass whooping. About time he and his fans came back down to earth.

He'll be back and i look forward to it. He's a solid fighter and I have always enjoyed his fights, the delusional shit not so much.
                                    That's what makes him box office though. Plenty of really, really very good fighters in UFC who haven't made 7 figures.

Comment

Tallaght Shamrocks of Wicklow going all retro, 80's style last night
                                      SPOILER

Sligo rovers when old school as well, old school Everton against Liverpool, half the team sent off

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        LOL at the opposition is so bad we look good narrative

Recycling that old Kerry routine all the time makes you sound like the Healys Rae not the second coming of Mick O'Dwyer
                                        To be fair I'm on the record stating how terrible Cork are for the last few years. I'm consistent in criticizing that bunch of under performers.

Dublin were brutal in the first half. Utterly pedestrian and took Cork for granted. Clearly a solid boot in the hole at half time woke some lads up and the level was upped. Connolly is an absolutely ridiculous player. He is a joy to watch.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                          That's what makes him box office though. Plenty of really, really very good fighters in UFC who haven't made 7 figures.
                                          to a certain extent. As long as you're unbeaten, if you talk the talk and walk the walk, the world is your oyster. Now though, he's like every other fighter, and the LW belt is a lot further away and the WW belt is not even going to be talked about, probably ever again.

He's still FW champion though which is a great achievement in itself, and will still be box office, but for the rest it's time for the McG fanboys to stfu. back down he goes to FW.

Comment

to a certain extent. As long as you're unbeaten, if you talk the talk and walk the walk, the world is your oyster. Now though, he's like every other fighter, and the LW belt is a lot further away and the WW belt is not even going to be talked about, probably ever again.

He's still FW champion though which is a great achievement in itself, and will still be box office, but for the rest it's time for the McG fanboys to stfu. back down he goes to FW.
                                            Re FW,genuinely don't think he planned to do that cut again,he has no choice now.
                                            Tonight was a derailment of the hype train with a few serious injuries,losing a FW defence would be the train plunging into a ravine and exploding on Impact

Comment

Kimmage on off the ball now swilling McGregor's tears

Comment

'Not Surprised Motherfuckers" is absolutely excellent too

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                  'Not Surprised Motherfuckers" is absolutely excellent too
                                                  yeah that was great. Joe was in stitches too

Comment

Begrudger 101. The man did well for himself perhaps surpassing his talent with promoting himself why the hate?

Comment

Its no Early Doors, well actually it is very much a version of Early Doors but Horace and Pete looking very promising at the Intermission of s01e01
                                                      Great cast, well played, writing could probably be sharper it looks and feels like a theatre piece.

Louis CK is going for an unusual funding model, direct download $5 for the first show and $3 per subsequent show, hope it works out for him ... other downloading models are available
                                                      This is great, thanks. Love Alan Alda.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                        Begrudger 101. The man did well for himself perhaps surpassing his talent with promoting himself why the hate?
                                                        i don't get it? i'm one half of the equation. Fans love him or hate him, hence why he generates so much cash for the UFC.

Now he's lost, we're all begrudgers? I'm a massive fight fan for always. I love watching cocky shits like him eventually lose (a la Bisping against Henderson). doesn't mean i don't enjoy watching him fight. Fact is I'll enjoy his fights even more, as the BS is now out of the way, and he'll have to concentrate on the fighting.

The invincible aura is gone, let's get back to basics.

Comment

i don't get it? i'm one half of the equation. Fans love him or hate him, hence why he generates so much cash for the UFC.

Now he's lost, we're all begrudgers? I'm a massive fight fan for always. I love watching cocky shits like him eventually lose (a la Bisping against Henderson). doesn't mean i don't enjoy watching him fight. Fact is I'll enjoy his fights even more, as the BS is now out of the way, and he'll have to concentrate on the fighting.

The invincible aura is gone, let's get back to basics.
                                                          God forbid someone could separate themselves from the pack or at least let people believe he could for a while and people cant enjoy that period?

Everyone knew the man wasn't invincible no one is but I think most aren't cyclical enough to just enjoy the ride when it was there.

Comment

Just outta bed after last night!

Looking back at McG fight I feel he got sloppy. He cut Diaz and was pounding on it too much and trying uppercuts losing his focus imho. I never seen him miss so many punches before. Diaz is a tough scrapper and did his usual stuff and deserved it. Twas good to watch

Comment

Very telling interview

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                anywhere to watch back all of last nights fights?
                                                                There's a good torrent up already. Just downloaded it there to watch later.

Comment

Comment

enjoyed them realy raes on the telly on friday showing those smart alecs up
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      This is great, thanks. Love Alan Alda.
                                                                      His part has destroyed my ambitions. He's set the bar for misanthropic curmudgeons so high that I will have to leave the field in the hope that some of the younger generation yourself, the Sitch, PSV or Chad to name a few can dedicate their energies towards achieving this kind of greatness

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        He has a post a few posts back that has an index of everything he's written.

Occasionally he's extra prescient:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1388586...rsuader-series
                                                                        He's also a world class arsehole.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                          enjoyed them realy raes on the telly on friday showing those smart alecs up
                                                                          Healy Rae to you lot is McG to me. Don't like him but can't help watching him. Just like McG, the HR talk a good game.

Comment

I actually hate liverpool so fucking much. Last peg in an acca and going to lose both of my heads ups this week just because of this game Bunch of cunts
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                              I actually hate liverpool so fucking much. Last peg in an acca and going to lose both of my heads ups this week just because of this game Bunch of cunts
                                                                              Never in doubt.
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Good man Doug needed that. Crazy rare you see team go down to 10 and win from behind.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Never in doubt.
                                                                                  Scenes...

Comment

Nothing worse in sports than people who preach that you shouldn't enjoy seeing someone's demise or failure.

Seeing your rivals lose or the guy you hate getting knocked out is one of the best things about sports for f*ck sake.

Comment

Cheltenham competition this way>>>>>>

you know what to do
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                        Nothing worse in sports than people who preach that you shouldn't enjoy seeing someone's demise or failure.

Seeing your rivals lose or the guy you hate getting knocked out is one of the best things about sports for f*ck sake.
                                                                                        Tbf it's also the weeping, gnashing of teeth and screeches of 'BEGRUDGERY!' from the fanboys that make the schadenfreude so enjoyable.

Comment

Lots of reds in the premiership this weekend
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Deise supremecy.

Comment

These are amazing

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

except when it's Tigerrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                  except when it's Tigerrrrrrrrrr
                                                                                                  Sport makes everyone droolers at times. Anyone who thinks they are above that are the bigger droolers.

Comment

Once you have wholemeal spagetti there is no going back to the other stuff, facht.

Comment

I actually hate liverpool Man Utd so fucking much. Last peg in an acca and going to lose both of my heads ups this week just because of this game Bunch of cunts

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Wholemeal spagetti is the thing you try and then put the remainder in the back of the cupboard in the hope you'll never have so little food as to have to have it again.

There is only one supreme spagetti - Spagettini (Barilla do it). Ultra thin spagetti.

LOL, threw that random post in to see if someone would refute it. Didn't take long.
                                                                                                          Even the spagetti gets it in the BBV.

Will try Barilla though.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Deise supremecy.
                                                                                                            Some point to win it
                                                                                                            48

Comment

Vermicelli ftw m8s

Comment

Was rooting for McGregor but least it was a vegan who beat his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                  I actually hate liverpool Man Utd so fucking much. Last peg in an acca and going to lose both of my heads ups this week just because of this game Bunch of cunts
                                                                                                                  I'm gonna save it for the europa league . I no longer ever bet on united, normally lay them but didn't today as I thought they might win tbh, I did bet on overs this game though whoops.
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                    Meh, worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      Wholemeal spagetti is the thing you try and then put the remainder in the back of the cupboard in the hope you'll never have so little food as to have to have it again.

There is only one supreme spagetti - Spagettini (Barilla do it). Ultra thin spagetti.
                                                                                                                      Is it like angel hair?

Comment

His part has destroyed my ambitions. He's set the bar for misanthropic curmudgeons so high that I will have to leave the field in the hope that some of the younger generation yourself, the Sitch, PSV or Chad to name a few can dedicate their energies towards achieving this kind of greatness

Don't think I warrant that inclusion!

He's also a world class arsehole.
                                                                                                                        He's still bitter about that time he was passed over for promotion for being a white middle class man.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Is it like angel hair?
                                                                                                                          Dwarf Bread

“The dwarf bread was brought out for inspection. But it was miraculous, the dwarf bread. No one ever went hungry when they had some dwarf bread to avoid. You only had to look at it for a moment, and instantly you could think of dozens of things you'd rather eat. Your boots, for example. Mountains. Raw sheep. Your own foot.” - Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad
                                                                                                                          Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 06-03-16, 18:34.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X