What can an independent do ? I know fuck all, but what little i know is by voting with the government on certain issues, government may back your issue ? Very simplistic i know, but as i said, i don't k ow what good independents can do once elected.

Can someone give me an idiots guide ?
    they are glorified county councillors at best

you get the odd one who will ride a hobbyhorse and does some good with it

mostly, they just get in the way of proper politics

If I see one more dub whinging about the Healy Rae's or some other culchie independent I'll crack.
      What are Katherine zappone and Shane Ross going to get done?
      Its Healys Rae

Heard Pat Spillane on the radio today calling for a group of up to 14 rural and west coast independents to coalesce as a block to campaign and work on rural issues.
        Not a bad idea at all.

Heard Pat Spillane on the radio today calling for a group of up to 14 rural and west coast independents to coalesce as a block to campaign and work on rural issues.
          Not a bad idea at all.
          sure FG and FF are essentially rural parties

what do we Dubs get? you culchies get everything so you do....where's my massive exchequer subvention Joe

they are glorified county councillors at best

you get the odd one who will ride a hobbyhorse and does some good with it

mostly, they just get in the way of proper politics
            What did you say when they came a knocking ? what was you argument ?

whats ride a hobbyhorse ? can u give an exmple ?

#lastweeksquestions

Jesus,Lorraine o Higgins on Claire Byrne now she isn't taking the hint

What did you say when they came a knocking ? what was you argument ?
                I sent the kids out to frighten them away

whats ride a hobbyhorse ? can u give an exmple ?
                I could ride anything

#lastweeksquestions
                you voted for Willie O'Dea, I know you did

post-election giddiness setting in

I sent the kids out to frighten them away

I could ride anything

you voted for Willie O'Dea, I know you did

post-election giddiness setting in
                  Collins, im county.

Wife gone off for 3 nights with babies.

Currently eating Hagan Daas in my jocks watching whatever the hell i want on tele whilst potting on Stars & shall sleep in till whatever time i happen to wake up.

Heaven must be like this...

The Sinn Fein guy with the stupid hipster glasses has just said, without any hint if irony, that their best way to fix the housing crisis is to sit in opposition...

You couldn't make it up.

First time watching anything on the election. Do the people demanding change ever have to qualify what they want change to, or how they plan to fund it?

Dunphy some spoofer

Last edited by Guest; 29-02-16, 23:20.

For fucks sake. Out this evening and just getting online, fuck the Toby carvery in Paisley for having no signal.

Fuck the lot of ye

I doubt at this stage we are anywhere near a credible alternative party emerging in Ireland, whether on the right or on the left. Of the current crop of small parties, the SD's might have a small chance of occupying the space that Labour should be in, but without the historical poison tie to the unions. Sadly I think a lot of this potential is because Stephen Donnelly seems like a very competent politician, and very little other reason. If we couldn't get something cohesive and coherent emerging out of the last decade, I suspect we won't within the next 10-20 years either.

First time watching anything on the election. Do the people demanding change ever have to qualify what they want change to, or how they plan to fund it?
                                  Of course not, that is why they never actually want to be in a position where they have to make any decisions and be in power. If SF got into power they would end up either totally alienating most of their support by having to do largely sensible things, or else trying to implement some of their unworkable crap and driving out huge amounts of job creators and those that pay most tax.

Never let real life get in the way of the important stuff. Like werewolf.

the hondaman recommended Limmy's Show as weird funny. Its definitely that! Rather cool though.

Full episodes for all seasons on youtube for anyone who wants to brave it.

By way of a recommendation, without having actually seen it yet - The Night Manager - a new BBC spy show is apparently brill.
                                        Ah yeah its a special brand of humour but its unbelievable.

I doubt at this stage we are anywhere near a credible alternative party emerging in Ireland, whether on the right or on the left. Of the current crop of small parties, the SD's might have a small chance of occupying the space that Labour should be in, but without the historical poison tie to the unions. Sadly I think a lot of this potential is because Stephen Donnelly seems like a very competent politician, and very little other reason. If we couldn't get something cohesive and coherent emerging out of the last decade, I suspect we won't within the next 10-20 years either.
                                          SF are the main reason. 22 seats have gone to a party that a ton of the population will refuse to vote for, and who will refuse to go into government with any one of the main parties.

serendipitous

Ah yeah its a special brand of humour but its unbelievable.
                                              his weekly wipe stuff was good

Scottish comedian Limmy tries to get his head around Pitbull.From Charlie Brroker's Weekly Wipe, S02E06.

Now uploaded to Limmy's channel: http://youtu.be/9dPfskOrsWg - go there to comment!Taken from Series 2 - Episode 3 - Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe. Follow Li...

sadly serendipitous?

The Walking Dead

Back to its usual Shite self!

Happy day. The Wonder stuff playing the Academy 10th March.

gg m8s

Gonna watch some James Bond Jr. right about now and reel back them years.

On youtube!! Bants!
                                                          The first episode of James Bond Jr. It introduces us to the main cast and tell the story of how Junior got his Aston Martin Super.It also explains why the DB...
                                                          Last edited by mdoug; 01-03-16, 00:51.

Accents of everyone except bond are just how I remember, funny that

reeling the years back too with what must be considered the best tv ever and also the grandaddy of reality television. innovative, consistent and amazing with the best intro theme ever.

This website is for sale! vodlocker.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, vodlocker.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

gnite m8s, those alive and dead

reeling the years back too with what must be considered the best tv ever and also the grandaddy of reality television. innovative, consistent and amazing with the best intro theme ever.

http://vodlocker.com/3tjgqt2o7ht2
                                                                  Make more sense to post the actual intro m8?

This is the intro for the tv show COPS. This is on Spike tv network.This is solely for entertainment,

Fancy a new car anyone....... €2.4 million will get you a new Bugatti.http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/29/11...hiron-pictures

Just watched Leo's speech, had expected more about him and not the lack of snow in the world. Lots of those speeches were annoying tbh

Varadkar?

Varadkar?
                                                                            Yeah.

Nah sorry meant the oscars so di caprio, watched it during the night and can recommend to all that you're missing nothing by not watching it. Irish and English folk probably the funniest of the lot tbh.

Fancy a new car anyone....... €2.4 million will get you a new Bugatti.http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/29/11...hiron-pictures
                                                                              2.4 mill and it doesn't have keyless start!

Hard to take from a pampered star who flies around in private jets. Its always do as I say not as I do with these luvvies,anyone looked ng to them for inspirations guidance needs their heads checked. He didn't deserve that Oscar for this particular role anyway
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 01-03-16, 08:53.

@rounders Chief Gangs Correspondent

What side were the Ryan family on again - the Monks side or the other one?
                                                                                  Pretty sure the Monks

Going to catchup on the NAMA issue

Is this available to you guys? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...rthern-ireland

From one election to another:

Originally posted by DVaut1
                                                                                      Actually the end of the summer through the fall -- Trump did sort of ebb there, and Grift Carson was like, the momentary leader there for a quick moment, and it sure sort of looked like 2012 all over again. There were a handful of polls with Trump < 25% and Carson leading. It looked like Trump might fade a bit, and then Carson would get his bite at the apple, and then the next guy up -- maybe Cruz or whatever.

And these kinds of correlation/causation things are hard to determine. But, imo, here's my hunch with the benefit of hindsight:

On November 12th, Trump was 24.8% and Carson was 24.4% on the RCP average.

The Paris attacks were Nov. 13. The San Bernadino shootings were Dec 2. Trump calls for a ban of Muslim migrants on Dec. 8.

By December 25th, Trump was 35% and his next closest competitor was Cruz at 17%.

Something something anger at the system and the establishment, I'm sure, I'm sure that is what is motivating Trump fans. Totally that.

But you could if you wanted to, you could put on your cynical "hmm, let's imagine what this would look like if we instead assumed the GOP base were a bunch of cowardly racist idiots" and if you make that assumption, you can see how this might have went differently. Maybe it wasn't a fait accompli.

Because it seems like the last chance to stop the Trump train was back in November/December, when his support was untangling a bit, and finding its way to Carson and Cruz -- right up until the US entered a mini Muslim Scare and Trump outclassed the field with the most extreme solutions. You guys can have your NH DEBATE CHANGED EVERYTHING narrative. I think Trump actually spiked the football on this thing in December when he aced his preparedness test -- at least insofar as the GOP base grades these things: Muslims did attacks, Trump didn't beat around the bush and went right to max derp, we're not bombing ISIS off the planet, so the US are a bunch of weak losers, we should bomb them off the face of the planet, and we should ban all Muslim migration.

I'm trying myself to remember what the other campaign's rhetoric was at the time and I'm coming up empty. But I'm remembering distinctly that Trump went full BAN THE MUSLIM IMMIGRATION. I have to imagine the right-wing base feels the same way -- and THAT was about the last moment to really pivot to a different outcome.

Since then, he's had too many people unshakably in his corner. By late December when he receded late in the fall, but then was back to a commanding lead -- that's when I think everyone should have went from "lol, no this won't happen" to "IT'SHAPPENING.gif"
                                                                                      Originally posted by DVaut1
                                                                                      By the way, speaking of Paris/San Bernadino, I don't give a **** if Trump dons the hood and literally parades the Klan down 5th Avenue in NYC, spits on a veteran, burns a John McCain doll in effigy and then salutes mosaics of Hitler and Stalin -- if there's some really traumatic terrorist attack on like Oct. 15th and Muslims did it, I'd empty my savings account Trump would be President in that scenario. San Bernadino wouldn't do it, but Paris style carnage in a big city might. 9/11 again would do it for sure. USA#1icans are on a knifes edge with that **** imo, the collective psyche vis a vis Muslims in the US is in a very very bad place. I remain convinced with the right set of outside events Trump can win.

He might be a huge dog in like all the Monte Carlo simulations but you change just that one input and Trump will win. Might not even be close.
                                                                                      Originally posted by Cuban B
                                                                                      @NateSilver538

Anyway, Trump will probably be the GOP nominee and possibly become President. No joke. If you care either way about this, you should vote.
                                                                                      Trump seals it tonight
                                                                                      Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 01-03-16, 09:46.

Hard to take from a pampered star who flies around in private jets. Its always do as I say not as I do with these luvvies,anyone looked ng to them for inspirations guidance needs their heads checked. He didn't deserve that Oscar for this particular role anyway
                                                                                        The half asleep angle I was reading this at meant I read the post before looking at the posters name

But, half way through, I knew, I knew

Lucinda Fans!

In before Chad.

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

On Episode 1 of UFC 196 Embedded, featherweight-turned-welterweight Conor McGregor enjoys the freedom that comes with his new weight class, eating and traini...

Make more sense to post the actual intro m8?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SEWh_q5h2A
                                                                                              No

In before Chad.

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbM8rlVVuoY
                                                                                              Any breakfast?

Think he generally only flies commercial coz he is a pretty big activist

No

Any breakfast?
                                                                                                  Not yet M8, will be getting it in 5 mins.

Midweek breakie consists of 2 poached eggs 1 sausage and a slice of brown bread with a mug o Tae.

Will report back if anything changes.

WBU?

Guest post by Prof R. K. Carty, University of British Columbia Some seem surprised by Fianna Fáil’s success in the February election. They shouldn’t be. Indeed there are so many reasons that help e…

The Fine Gael-Labour coalition won the 2011 general election with by far the largest majority in the history of the state. Their problem was that they (or at least the dominant FG part of it) appeared to have no vision, no ambition beyond replacing Fianna Fáil. They spent the vast political capital they had been given in implementing a financial regime designed by their predecessors and insisted upon by Eurocrats. Despite their sweeping mandate, opportunities for needed (and promised) democratic reform and for the imaginative tackling of the obvious challenges in health, housing and education were never embraced. And then the government announced they would campaign on the slogan of “more of the same”. It would have been tough for Fianna Fáil not to have “made hay” against such a record!

For fucks sake. Out this evening and just getting online, fuck the Toby carvery in Paisley for having no signal.

Fuck the lot of ye
                                                                                                          I once dated two girls from Paisley.

Why Denny , It seems to be what FF want most and what FF wants..

To rework what Mary Harney ( I think) once said , they all seem to be of the opinion that the worst day in opposition is better than the best day in government.
                                                                                                            I originally thought they had too few seats for it, but it is looking like the most likely option now. Just have to hope they don't take on any of the smaller parties or indos.

At the same time???

I think this question needs serious attention.

I once shared an apartment with a guy who had five women on the go simultaneously. He nearly died with the stress of keeping all his balls in the air.

I think this question needs serious attention.

I once shared an apartment with a guy who had five women on the go simultaneously. He nearly died with the stress of keeping all his balls in the air.
                                                                                                                  A lad I know got so bored of how easy it was to get away with it from the wife at home that he set up another wan full time with an apartment so that he could devote all his energy to cheating on her instead. Thrill of the chase and all that he'd say, two time loser IMO

When should we expect the remainder of this Limerick?

A lad I know got so bored of how easy it was to get away with it from the wife at home that he set up another wan full time with an apartment so that he could devote all his energy to cheating on her instead. Thrill of the chase and all that he'd say, two time loser IMO
                                                                                                                      Years ago in crazy weather I gave a female a lift from Sandford to Dundrum . The days when the bowling alley was there . Out of the blue she said i'd allow a man look after me , married or not . I didn't have a ring on but asked her what the food was like in the Asylum. Ooooh bad idea. Bitches be crazy. Especially the crazy ones

When should we expect the remainder of this Limerick?
                                                                                                                        The details come back pretty hazily ,
                                                                                                                        Rather ugly but titty ,
                                                                                                                        Because I'm no Walter Mitty.
                                                                                                                        They were my sisters , Dora and Maisy

Aodhán Ó Ríordáin concedes defeat.