This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    One of nieghbours got a pug dog a while back, he's still a pup probably about 6 months. Problem is they work all day and leave him outside in this long cylindrical shaped container, it's super narrow, he has to curl up to fit in it. From what I've seen they do walk him and stuff when they're home, but he's put back in there over night so we're talking ~18 hours a day stuck in that thing. Assume he must be stewing in his own feces in there.

Would a call to the DSPCA be appropriate for that sort of neglect?
    Call them now. That pup won't get any smaller and if the owners are oblivious to the welfare of the animal they shouldn't own one. Hate hearing stuff like this. This is gross neglect.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      Yo DP or anybody looking to get the OnePlus Two I've messed around with it a bit since purchasing, this is a cross post from the other place.

So finally got around to messing with this today, some of the Xposed features have been working while others just don't run. These are the ones I've installed & kept so far today one that is just cut off from the screenshot is YouTube AdAway. One of the main things I wanted to be able to tweak was the carrier name that appears on the lock screen but everything I've tried so far just doesn't work, been mostly messing around with Gravitybox trying to tweak a few settings here & there like the clock is moved into the middle of the screen while you can change battery icons with a mixture of text/numbers I wasn't really digging them, one thing I've found super nifty is ChromePie and will take some time getting use to it but should come in very handy, with Xposed Gel Settings you can make a number of tweaks to the look & feel of the launcher but for me I've just removed the Google search bar. I'll link a couple YouTube videos for other small bits & bobs just for a quick look at what they are.

Check out my channel for the latest reviews and news on all the latest technology!YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/oodeSubscribe to see more awesome ...

Check out my channel for the latest reviews and news on all the latest technology!YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/oodeSubscribe to see more awesome ...

How to enable screen Off/On animation Xposed module on Android Lollipop 5.1.Note:SDK22 is for devices running Android 5.1 and SDK 21 is for devices running A...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXWFM9HGcGo
      Cool beans.
      I had PieControl on an older fone a while back but it did my head in.
      As I said earlier, I'm a lazy man, it's been a while since I fiddled too much bar rooting
      This is my easy peasy set up
      Here I am revisiting one of my favorite Android launcher, the Yahoo Aviate Launcher. I show some of the new features added to it and more.Download Yahoo Avia...
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
        If it is a small bag dog than maybe but we left dogs out side all the time in sligo. Big garden, water bowl and a kennel if they want shelter.

Sticking it in a container where it is trapped is bad but outside in the garden is what dogs like to be at. Pissing on thing, smelling things, barking at birds - they love it.
        Our dog scrapes to get in all the time and as soon as she comes in she wants straight back out! She has a kennel outside with a soft cushion inside and she happily uses it during the day. She only comes inside during the day when it's really cold, other than that its out from morning till night with a few inside visits.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Today over 700 people died of stupidity.

They were amongst hundreds of thousands clamouring in religious fervour to celebrate the prophet Abraham 'stoning the devil' when the Devil voices in his head told him not to sacrifice his son as he had been told to by the other God ]voices in his head. But it was ok in the end because the God voice changed its mind once it saw he was committed to killing the child

Religion is nothing more than acquired mental illness, theirs is just a bit more batshit crazy than most.
          700+ men women and children die in a stampede and your first thought is lol religion with a smidgen of muslim hate?

Good for you
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              700+ men women and children die in a stampede and your first thought is lol religion with a smidgen of muslim hate?

Good for you
              They were saying on lunchtime news that due to segregation of the sexes it was predominantly men that were killed, haven't listened to reports since so not sure how factual that is.

Horrible tragedy regardless.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Any tips for ensuring you get selected to sit on jury if you have been summonsed. A week sitting in court while getting paid sounds pretty appealing to me at the moment

Comment

Today over 700 people died of stupidity.

They were amongst hundreds of thousands clamouring in religious fervour to celebrate the prophet Abraham 'stoning the devil' when the Devil voices in his head told him not to sacrifice his son as he had been told to by the other God ]voices in his head. But it was ok in the end because the God voice changed its mind once it saw he was committed to killing the child

Religion is nothing more than acquired mental illness, theirs is just a bit more batshit crazy than most.
                  Was it RD3 that quoted this here before: "The only difference between Islam and Christianity is 500 years"

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                  Too right it would.

Leaving a dog outside all day is bad enough never mind in a fucking container.
                  Crazy statement. I see Andy thanked it too, another man known for the grossly over the top statements.

I've had dogs all my life, and have two adopted mo'fo's now and every one of them had more fun in the garden fucking about, digging holes, pissing me off than being made to stay inside all day staring at the fucking magpies.

Keeping it in a container is bullshit though.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Any tips for ensuring you get selected to sit on jury if you have been summonsed. A week sitting in court while getting paid sounds pretty appealing to me at the moment
                    Trackies. Baseball cap. Football jersey. Bring a copy of the Sun with you.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                      Trackies. Baseball cap. Football jersey. Bring a copy of the Sun with you.
                      3 piece suit. Copy of Daily Telegraph.

Will work far better.

Edit: thought you meant getting out of it. Theresa is right.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just be yourself be grand.

Comment

You may not even be called once you get in there. Dress smart casual. No I shot JR tee shirts. Wear glasses also. I got selected for a straight forward case but the case was settled before trial. Also got selected for an alleged peado case but told the judge I couldn't do it as I felt I could not be impartial. All the people coming up with excuses to get out of it. Most of them blatant lies. Funny watching them squirming in front of the judge.
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Was it RD3 that quoted this here before: "The only difference between Islam and Christianity is 500 years"
                            Sounds like something I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              They were saying on lunchtime news that due to segregation of the sexes it was predominantly men that were killed, haven't listened to reports since so not sure how factual that is.

Horrible tragedy regardless.
                              Fairly regular event at Mecca afair

Comment

So what it's normally the dregs who get selected? Wouldn't mind the week off anyway, it'll be nice and relaxing compared to work at the moment

Comment

I was called today also, first time.

As fas as i know, its usually a week you need to be available for, selection happens around 10.30 and you will know if you are needed that day, if not, head home and make yourself available again the following day.

I could be wrong though, just some info i heard a few hours ago.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    I was called today also, first time.

As fas as i know, its usually a week you need to be available for, selection happens around 10.30 and you will know if you are needed that day, if not, head home and make yourself available again the following day.

I could be wrong though, just some info i heard a few hours ago.
                                    You can tell took to gf themselves for the day whether you get selected or not,right?

Comment

You can tell took to gf themselves for the day whether you get selected or not,right?
                                      Work ? i think you are supposed to go there if not selected, depends on employer though
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

The theatre company Decadent are currently touring Vernon God Little.
                                        I'd highly recommend catching it if it's in your vicinity. In Cork until Saturday before heading for Tralee Ennis and Waterford. It's heading back up toward Dublin after I believe.

Comment

Read AP McCoy's autobiography over the last week or so. Got a very negative impression of him - he took the opportunity to put the boot into people who couldn't possibly fight back. Nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                            Go to that site. Get istick 20w and mini nautilus tank. Use that discount code. Less than 50 quid. Thank me later
                                            I don't know what any of this means. Will someone give me a dumbed down guide of what to buy to try this out.
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Good for you
                                              Who knows what his first thought was. It's just what he wrote. Do you disagree with his sentiment? I also think you've misinterpreted fuck religion for lol religion.

My first thought was it's terrible, but reading about tragedies like this does stir up my utter disdain and contempt for religion of all kinds.
                                              Last edited by cardshark202; 24-09-15, 18:53.

Comment

I very much doubt the same would be written if it happened to 700 here while climbing Croagh Patrick.
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Got called up for jury duty awhile back and was the opposite of you really didn't want to do it, don't relish the idea of having somebody's faith in my hand when it comes to sentencing etc, didn't get called for it felt relief after it because was for a rape case but got excused so only one day in the courts for me.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        105 year old after running a 100 metres race. Time doesn't seem too bad.

No doubt inspired by Strewelpeter . Hope he is as compassionite
                                                        as the old goat.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                          Who knows what his first thought was. It's just what he wrote. Do you disagree with his sentiment? I also think you've misinterpreted fuck religion for lol religion.
                                                          saying people died of stupidity doesn't convey fuck religion to me.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            I don't know what any of this means. Will someone give me a dumbed down guide of what to buy to try this out.
                                                            copy of email i did for someone couple of weeks ago

The following is an excellent option, good quality easy to use and fast charge long battery life. I'll link you the e juice i use mostly but this is where it gets more subjective. There's literally 1000's of juices out there and it's really trial an error to find one you like. I'd recommend going to an actual ecig shop and trying some, staff in these places are generally very helpful.

get one of these

Quit Smoking with Electronic Cigarettes Ireland Galway only the best brands as Joyetech Smoktech Kanger Vision Boge Dekang Liqua Provari quit smoking with us

choose blue or silver from the drop-down menu if it saying out of stock , you can charge them with any phone charger or usb cable

get two of these tanks

Quit Smoking with Electronic Cigarettes Ireland Galway only the best brands as Joyetech Smoktech Kanger Vision Boge Dekang Liqua Provari quit smoking with us

these are excellent, never leak, I say get two as they're cheap and always handy to have a back up tank, you can fill the spare and bring it when out

get 10 of these

these are replacement heads for the tank, you want to change these every two to three weeks so the 10 will last you a long time but again always good to have them on hand

get 1 50 mil bottle

from drop down choose RL6 12 mg ( mg is nicotine strength ) i use the liquid mostly, hopefully you like it but good chance you wont.

when checking out, you'll see a previous button, click that and enter "irishvape" for 10% discount.

heres a video on how to use the battery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F5-AxX2oqw

and one for the tank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARhpJV9DMc

That will give you an excellent easy to use set up once you get familuare with using it, As I said, getting the juice that you like is the big thing, many people starting out decide its not for them simply because they don't like the first juice they try, as i said trial and error and the actual shops are really good for this as you can go in and try out a few flavors. Also i was using ecigs part time before i stopped smoking cigarettes, you can ease yourself off the smokes, doesn't have to be a stop straight away thing, get used to using the ecig first. Best of luck with it and contact me if you need anymore info help.

Comment

Thanks for that!
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Wtf, that was definitely offside. Player who picks the ball up was in front of the kicker

Comment

Thanks for that!
                                                                  That Istick is fecking huge?
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

If it is a small bag dog than maybe but we left dogs out side all the time in sligo. Big garden, water bowl and a kennel if they want shelter.

Sticking it in a container where it is trapped is bad but outside in the garden is what dogs like to be at. Pissing on thing, smelling things, barking at birds - they love it.
                                                                    Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                    Our dog scrapes to get in all the time and as soon as she comes in she wants straight back out! She has a kennel outside with a soft cushion inside and she happily uses it during the day. She only comes inside during the day when it's really cold, other than that its out from morning till night with a few inside visits.
                                                                    Crazy statement. I see Andy thanked it too, another man known for the grossly over the top statements.

I've had dogs all my life, and have two adopted mo'fo's now and every one of them had more fun in the garden fucking about, digging holes, pissing me off than being made to stay inside all day staring at the fucking magpies.

Keeping it in a container is bullshit though.
                                                                    I should have said all day and night. I don't see the point of having a dog if they don't get to spend time with the family. A dog doesn't want to be alone in the garden for 20 hours a day.

The dog in the house behind mine is permanently outside on his own, he's always whining and looks miserable all day.

Our dog sticks to us non stop, sleeps on the landing outside our bedroom etc
                                                                    Let her out to pee and she sits outside till we let her back in.
                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

its really not, fits snugly into you hand. the 50 watt istick is huge ok, but 20 watt i linked is small enough. Remember its not a cigarette and all the ones that are made look like a cigarette are shite. I'd say I've put 20+ people onto the set up I linked and bar a few most have taken to it.

Comment

Its actually not, fits perfectly in the hand and the battery lasts for ages. just get it! you wont be sorry
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Good for you
                                                                          What Cardshark said.

This is the Nth time the haj has been the centre of mass tragedies.
                                                                          But yea the actual ceremony and the thinking behind is so stupid and thing to have as one of the central celebration and is IMO a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of the important story of Abraham.

So yea much as I respect much about the values of Islam I always found this charade really tilting.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                            I very much doubt the same would be written if it happened to 700 here while climbing Croagh Patrick.
                                                                            I think I'm on record here commenting on the stupidity of the morons who went ahead with the climb this year in terrible weather defying the advice of mountain rescue and the organisers.

Comment

According to some 'leader' this evening it was all "Gods will". Unreal.

Comment

...

Comment

honda confused by 4 inch stick shape in his hand and can't believe it is so big.

Oh dear but I guess we know why he is single

Comment

But yea the actual ceremony and the thinking behind is so stupid and thing to have as one of the central celebration and is IMO a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of the important story of Abraham.
                                                                                    Interesting. Can you expand on this?

Comment

Seem to remember hearing that a lot of muslims think Saudi has turned the haj into something horrific. A commercialised bastardisation of what its original intent was.
                                                                                      same as the ploughing championship so

Comment

...

Comment

Has there ever been a tragedy where some gobshite freak didn't say that type of crap though?

Its the standard media package of tragedies. The 'crazy priest / politico inappropriate remark' cameo.

Next guaranteed step: a picture of someone will appear on facebook with them dressed up for a fancy dress party as 700-crushed-muslims and everyone will drown themselves in outrage about how its easily the most shocking thing ever since the last most shocking thing ever that happened last week.
                                                                                          agree totally. its just plain crazy that someone actually does believe its Gods will though.

Comment

saying people died of stupidity doesn't convey fuck religion to me.
                                                                                            Doesn't really convey lol religion though. Don't really think it was intended to be humorous.

Comment

Disgrace how much Namibia have been allowed ruin this game. Worst game ever.

Comment

Watching The Death of Yugoslavia, 3 eps in. Really interesting stuff. Slob and the lads were scary fuckers if you weren't a Serb. Mad to think it all happened so recently.

Comment

honda confused by 4 inch stick shape in his hand and can't believe it is so big.

Oh dear but I guess we know why he is single
                                                                                                  Me dick is usually in some burds hand not mine wha
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                    Has there ever been a tragedy where some gobshite freak didn't say that type of crap though?

Its the standard media package of tragedies. The 'crazy priest / politico inappropriate remark' cameo.
                                                                                                    agree totally. its just plain crazy that someone actually does believe its Gods will though.
                                                                                                    I don't think it's an innapropriate remark, to us it is yes, but to the devout religious that's exactly what it is, god's will. In fact, I'd guess the families of the dead would find comfort in such a remark.

Comment

woejus spectacle there. NZ costing me a bundle of cash.

Comment

Interesting. Can you expand on this?
                                                                                                        The Abraham Issac story represents a crucial point of development in human civilisation. We had created Gods that needed appeasment and for many thousands of years they were appeased only by sacrifice. It is with Abraham, probably somewhere between 4 and 6K BC that we first find a way to substitute in a symbolic sacrifice instead of an actual human. This single story led to all sorts of improved outcomes for society over the following millennia.
                                                                                                        The stoning of the devil ceremony celebrates one part of one particular telling of the story which is that between the time God first told Abraham to sacrifice Issac he was tempted by the Devil who was trying to persuade him not to actually kill Issac.
                                                                                                        IMO the ceremony celebrates the blind obedience to authority and misses the point of celebrating that we don't need sacrifice humans.

To be fair most of the celebration of Eid amongst Muslim families this week as they butcher and eat their own sheep and goats will be seen by them as celebrating and remembering that their God is one who rewarded Abraham's faith by sparing his son.

Meh! Thats all very poorly written, I should leave the theology to experts like DP

Comment

Carefull it don't peck ye wha

Comment

Thats a basic principal of Islam though. You simply cannot be a Muslim, or for that matter a catholic, unless you believe and accept that this is Gods will.

Comment

The Abraham Issac story represents a crucial point of development in human civilisation. We had created Gods that needed appeasment and for many thousands of years they were appeased only by sacrifice. It is with Abraham, probably somewhere between 4 and 6K BC that we first find a way to substitute in a symbolic sacrifice instead of an actual human. This single story led to all sorts of improved outcomes for society over the following millennia.
                                                                                                              The stoning of the devil ceremony celebrates one part of one particular telling of the story which is that between the time God first told Abraham to sacrifice Issac he was tempted by the Devil who was trying to persuade him not to actually kill Issac.
                                                                                                              IMO the ceremony celebrates the blind obedience to authority and misses the point of celebrating that we don't need sacrifice humans.

To be fair most of the celebration of Eid amongst Muslim families this week as they butcher and eat their own sheep and goats will be seen by them as celebrating and remembering that their God is one who rewarded Abraham's faith by sparing his son.

Meh! Thats all very poorly written, I should leave the theology to experts like DP
                                                                                                              I thought he did sacrifice his son?

I don't get how the devil is the bad guy in that interpretation.

Comment

Speaking of sccrificing children...The Born Addicted programme on RTE2 is quare bleak stuff
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-09-15, 21:09.

Comment

Burd in the hand is worth 2 in the bush m8

Comment

Thats a basic principal of Islam though. You simply cannot be a Muslim, or for that matter a catholic, unless you believe and accept that this is Gods will.
                                                                                                                    What's the stuff you admire about Islam?

They do know how to keep the wimminz under control, I'll give them that.

Comment

Ah ok, kinda get it now.

Even though the devil was 'doing good' he was disobeying the word of god, so we've got to stone him.

You're right, it's a mental illness.

Comment

...

Comment

I thought he did sacrifice his son?

I don't get how the devil is the bad guy in that interpretation.
                                                                                                                          Nah he trussed up poor oul Issac and brought him out as far as Highway 61 and the Angel Gabriel arrived to save the day.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X