30 thousand first preferences for the Healy Raes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          MHR 7k over quota
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            I can't get my head around the transfers from Mary Fitzpatrick. Those who voted for her saved Donohoe, and were the first to under transfer to Gannon.
            PR
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Think on that.

30 thousand people

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                The one with the cap was ranting about 'them up above in Dublin.'
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

FFS Zombie Tony Gregory carries in O'Sullivan ahead of the SD man

Comment

Wow, O'Sullivan mopped it up there.

Comment

In Kerry where would you pitch the MHR->DHR transfer percentage. 75%?

Comment

Speaking of dead, with Maurice Quinlivan looking to get in what is the line on the number of actual murders we will have in the next Dail?

Comment

The much talked about 3 FF seats in Carlow Kilkenny unlikely to happen after all with Deering catching Murnane O'Connor hand over fist...

Comment

Speaking of dead, with Maurice Quinlivan looking to get in what is the line on the number of actual murders we will have in the next Dail?
                            In the chamber itself?

I'd say if you put Mary Lou within 6 feet of Sean Barrett, there'd be a corpse within ten seconds.

Comment

What are people's opinions on what it means to have Sinn Fein as the largest party in opposition, and Adams as leader of the opposition?

Given it seems it's about to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                In Kerry where would you pitch the MHR->DHR transfer percentage. 75%?
                                100%

Comment

Creighton aborted, sorry eliminated.

Comment

Creighton gone
                                    yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss
                                    REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Celebration performed by Kool & The Gang. Stream Kool & The Gang: https://lnk.to/YY8v1Follow Kool & The GangInstagr...

Comment

Conor Lenihan...

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

You'd think RTE would be covering that? wtf?

A party leader losing her seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          What are people's opinions on what it means to have Sinn Fein as the largest party in opposition, and Adams as leader of the opposition?

I think they've performed very poorly. They were on 24% 16 months ago. They got 13.8%.

The government's defeat will rightly take most of the headlines but SF have had a very poor campaign and that's down to Adams. Put him in a room with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver (metaphorical of course).

Comment

Tiocfaidh ár lá m8, tiocfaidh ár lá.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                I think they've performed very poorly. They were on 24% 16 months ago. They got 13.8%.

The government's defeat will rightly take most of the headlines but SF have had a very poor campaign and that's down to Adams. Put him in a room with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver (metaphorical of course).
                                                Still, unless all the indos group together they'll be the largest opp party once the grand coalescence comes to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  think SF will mellow out a lot. they are smart enough to realise that they can't do the northern sctick too much as (a) we're not as nationalist and, (b) we're not as poor. They'll work that to govern in a wealthy country they have to become a lot more refined. Kicking Gerry to the curb (gently, as he has been phenomenal for them until now) will help and MaryLou will charter a course for them to be a decent slightly left of centre party rather than an extreme left one.
                                                  Would they not go the other way? I think if in a few years they were faced with a socially progressive and fiscally prudent FFFG block looking to get re elected they would go full blown populist and show their true colours especially on issues like immigration.

Comment

think SF will mellow out a lot. they are smart enough to realise that they can't do the northern sctick too much as (a) we're not as nationalist and, (b) we're not as poor. They'll work that to govern in a wealthy country they have to become a lot more refined. Kicking Gerry to the curb (gently, as he has been phenomenal for them until now) will help and MaryLou will charter a course for them to be a decent slightly left of centre party rather than an extreme left one.
                                                    Sounds like a good strategy, they'd probably have a net gain given how loyal their base generally is.

Comment

The RTE coverage has really slipped in the last hour or so, they are struggling to keep up and rushing through or not realising the implications of huge transfer changes etc.

Obviously saving a few bob on the cameramen too by sending most of them home at 9 o'clock.

Comment

Creighton is drawing dead.
                                                        Thrilled. .....There was a huge push against her in Sandymount and Rathmines.A gée bàg of the highest order by all accounts .

Comment

Comment

I had it 116-115 to Frampton btw

Comment

Oh yea

Comment

Ellis and Quinlivan just elected. I wonder how European parliaments as a whole look for people who have killed? I'm sure the North has the highest, but do we have the second highest? Or do Serbia have a few naughty boys?

Comment

Had to go out for a few hours , What is latest SF seat prediction?

Comment

I should get on the phone to the Healy-Rae's and ask them for a lend of their bus so I can drive around Dublin Bay south celebrating Lucindas demise.

Comment

Ellis and Quinlivan just elected. I wonder how European parliaments as a whole look for people who have killed? I'm sure the North has the highest, but do we have the second highest? Or do Serbia have a few naughty boys?
                                                                      What is all this talk of Quinlivan being a murderer

Comment

Ah now. They have zero issues on immigration. They are if anything in the exact opposite direction in terms of openness.
                                                                        Trump doesn't have any issues with Mexicans when he uses them in his businesses... Populists going to say whatever it takes.

Comment

What's more stable in a FF/FG coalition, parity of seats, or one with slightly greater influence?

Don't know whether I need to start funking for FF now in all these last seat battles.

Funking in a 'planning your own funeral' type of way.

Comment

Ah now. They have zero issues on immigration. They are if anything in the exact opposite direction in terms of openness.
                                                                            Yes and they are against drug dealing too.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                              His brother Nessan was convicted, Maurice was never caught but you can be sure he knows how to prime a bag of semtex.

Comment

The RTE coverage has really slipped in the last hour or so, they are struggling to keep up and rushing through or not realising the implications of huge transfer changes etc.

Obviously saving a few bob on the cameramen too by sending most of them home at 9 o'clock.
                                                                                Dissapointing lack of 'zooming in on eliminated big-hitters to pin point the moment their heart breaks' all day, its one good thing you get with the British system, humiliation on stage in front of the whole nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  His brother Nessan was convicted, Maurice was never caught but you can be sure he knows how to prime a bag of semtex.
                                                                                  I know all about Nessan but never heard of Maurice being a similar operator.

Comment

Looks like Dublin Bay North will be gving us the sweat of the election, probably until Mon.

Seven of them within 1k votes with 20k votes behind them.
                                                                                    Last edited by Lazare; 28-02-16, 00:30.

Comment

Should have got you a bag of it when we were over for the Velka Pardubice

Comment

...

Comment

No, I'm fairly certain they are extremely anti-racism*. Don't think it's something they just put on.
                                                                                          until asylum seekers get dumped in their constituencies - then all bets are off

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

That's me calling him a murderer without any basis whatsoever. His whole family for generations were IRA, and his brother is Nessan obv, and he was involved in everything Republican. I don't know that he was in the IRA, but I presume he was. Whether he actually murdered anyone I don't know.

Sinn Fein TDs - it's like a game of Werewolf.

Comment

Is Ted Cruz the Zodiac Killer? Maybe, Say 38 Percent of Florida Voters

Ted Cruz is not a notorious serial killer, but according to a new poll, more than a third of Florida voters aren't so sure

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz41Q1jfPkr

More interestingly, there seems to be a robust Sunshine State debate over whether Ted Cruz is the infamous Zodiac Killer. Asked, point blank, "Do you think Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer, or not?" ten percent of voters said they think he is, and 28 percent said they were not sure. About two-thirds of voters expressed confidence that the Texas senator is not the serial killer who terrorized Northern California in the Sixties and Seventies, killing as many as 37 people.

Comment

Avril Power booming out the kind of positivity that will make her demise all the more joyful should it happen.

Shockingly ungrateful of the the people of Westmeath to abandon Willie Penrose who has achieved more for his constituents than an open topped bus full of Healy Rae gombeen scum ever have or will.
                                                                                                  In a radio interview he sounded positively relieved to be out of it.

Comment

Shockingly ungrateful of the the people of Westmeath to abandon Willie Penrose who has achieved more for his constituents than an open topped bus full of Healy Rae gombeen scum ever have or will.
                                                                                                    In a radio interview he sounded positively relieved to be out of it.
                                                                                                    lol, he lasted about five minutes in government

I've met jellyfish with more backbone

Comment

Great analysis of Renua on RTE there, 'they occupied a space that wasn't empty, they were on the wrong side of the argument'.

A useless waste of neurons, glad they werer nipped in the bud.

Comment

Gary Gannon put up a brave fight. I only placed 3 bets on the election and the 1 has virtually won and the other looks good too but hold no hard feelings about my €10 here. I wish this won just for him as he seems like a nice chap. And at least FF didn't win

Unlucky Gary m8
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I still think it is unlikely that we will see a formal FG/FF coalition.

Comment

The scalded scrotum like visage of Frank Flannery making me want to put my foot through the TV.o

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                              I liked Leo's putting it up to SF\FF

"the electorate clearly don't want the government returned so it's up to the opposition to try to form a government"

your move Mickey Ratboy

Comment

Hard to see any outcome that isn't grim tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  The scalded scrotum like visage of Frank Flannery making me want to put my foot through the TV.o
                                                                                                                  Frank is the real winner from today's debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                    Gary Gannon put up a brave fight. I only placed 3 bets on the election and the 1 has virtually won and the other looks good too but hold no hard feelings about my €10 here. I wish this won just for him as he seems like a nice chap. And at least FF didn't win

Unlucky Gary m8
                                                                                                                    Agreed, read here of a lunch with him by a journalist last summer:

I like when they go to a FG candidate that is on a high from having won their seat down the country and they ask what they think about the overall poor party performance, and their response is "Well I did well bitches".

Comment

Enda would give his other testicle to get his historic 2nd term even if it only lasts a few months. If the rest of FG cant see that entering a parity coalition with FF would see them being chewed up and spat out by their new partner then they really are in trouble.

Comment

Hard to see any outcome that isn't grim tbh.
                                                                                                                        I think it's likely there is another election this year, if not then it is 1/50 I reckon that there will be an election in the next 3 years, no matter what happens now. Also, no RDIII, I am not going to take a bet on that.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                          Enda would give his other testicle to get his historic 2nd term even if it only lasts a few months. If the rest of FG cant see that entering a parity coalition with FF would see them being chewed up and spat out by their new partner then they really are in trouble.
                                                                                                                          Enda's yesterday's man, he's toast

and rightly so

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X