X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Will listen and follow through on local issues
    Fuckin culchies wrecking it for their betters again!

Comment

Will listen and follow through on local issues
      Obviously important to you. To me, that's everything that's arong with the electoral system.

Councillors should be the ones doing this, not national legislators.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Ever since that RollingStone article (and some of Lloyds posts from 2plus2), i've been looking at him in a new light. The man is politically smart in a whole new way. If you just sit back and enjoy the show its fascinating. Rubio is like a schoolkid next to him and he's very effective at getting that across.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Follow the count in Wickla - Donnelly, Harris, Timmins

Originally posted by BoJack Horseman
            Wicklow man Stephen Kearon (@skearon) has a live spreadsheet up on Google showing tally updates.

Check it out here.

Comment

I didn't see this one happening....

A tall of 26% of boxes has Leo Varadkar (Fine Gael) on 18%, Joan Burton (Labour) on 17%, Ruth Coppinger (AAA) on 14%, Paul Donnelly (Sinn Féin)

Comment

Comment

with 17% of boxes tallied in Wexford, all from North of the county, Brendan Howlin has only 143 votes out of a possible 19,483

Ouch. Could be even grimmer than the exit polls for lab. Will they get above 5 seats even?

Could they lose speaking rights as a party entity in the dail?

Comment

Think you might be instead thinking of a popular movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio? Someone highly experienced in national finance vs a law lecturer wouldn't have made a difference in making better financial decisions in the midst of the crisis?

It was on TV last night, that's probably where the confusion arose. I don't think those decisions would have had any major impact on the end result. Even then, I'm not sure what better decisions he would have made.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                        I didn't see this one happening....
                        A lot iof the boxes open n strong Joan areas apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          The really weird thing is this....who are these FF voters? I don't know any.

Did anyone on here vote FF?
                          All the way
                          Up the FF
                          Doing well overall
                          Voters have nearly forgotten the 5 year blip

Comment

starting to sweat my cynical no bet post

Comment

James Reilly goosed it seems

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                All the way
                                Up the FF
                                Doing well overall
                                Voters have nearly forgotten the 5 year blip
                                'blip'.

WW2 must have been a minor skirmish.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Did someone just say Paul Gogarty is likely to be elected, No more slagging Kerry I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                    Did someone just say Paul Gogarty is likely to be elected, No more slagging Kerry I suppose.
                                    One more time wont hurt

http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2009-12-11.454.0#g651.0 Paul Gogarty: ' With all due respect, in the most unparliamentarily language, fuck you Deput...

Comment

So another election this year so?

Comment

Comment

Great coverage this morning, lads.

Comment

Weeks of hysterical screeching about SF meant people took their eye off the real threat to the country that is FF

Comment

Was GAB on the Morning Line earlier?

Comment

A quarter of the way through in Kerry and the tally has MHR on over 6k votes, DHR on over 3k votes. Griffin FG, Deenihan FG and Ferris SF all going over 2k.

#Dynasty

Comment

#dubbs 66% tally. Murphy 18% Andrews 11% Creighton 11% Ryan 11% Humphreys 11% O'Connell 11% O'Callaghan 11%

Last edited by Teddie; 27-02-16, 11:08.

Comment

Slab Murphy piece in the Irish Times today is a truly horrific read.

The fact that 14% of our population are voting for a party that calls this animal a good man is pretty sickening.
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

A shite 2 minute poem for a shite 2 minute day

Saw a job in Ireland that really interests me
                                                      Saw what the me Feiners did at tea
                                                      Saw myself all romantic like
                                                      like one of the Wild Geese
                                                      while your goose is cooked
                                                      the country is fuucked
                                                      And the Brits can't take the blame
                                                      100 years since the heroes slain
                                                      A fitting IRISH anniversary
                                                      Is all that it says to me

You do it to yourself you do, and that's what really hurts...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                        Creighton missing out should be

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                          Deputy stagg on the other hand in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                            Creighton missing out should be

Yep, looking pretty good in that department.

Comment

How is frank flannery allowed on TV,some neck

Comment

Worser poem than the last wan

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                Irish water trumped FG
                                                                Water water everywhere but nair a drop to drink
                                                                Cause the pipes they are all bursted like
                                                                And the taps theey fucking stink

Il use 100 litres today, while you, you will use 1
                                                                But ask me to pay more and I'l cry to who ever listen
                                                                And they will pat me on the head
                                                                While kissing the little childrn

Sur it will all work out
                                                                Sur it always does
                                                                And sur if it doesnt FG will fix it
                                                                And then well hate then for 20 years
                                                                While FF piss in it

Water water everywhere and still nair a drop to drink
                                                                The pipes they are all bursted like
                                                                But it's "free" to hit my sink

And that is yer shite 2 minute poems quota fur today!

Comment

All about the transfers.

Comment

Is there a site or app where you can track your own constituency?
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                      A quarter of the way through in Kerry and the tally has MHR on over 6k votes, DHR on over 3k votes. Griffin FG, Deenihan FG and Ferris SF all going over 2k.

#Dynasty
                                                                      Sigh. Brassil FF on over 3k too

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                        All about the transfers.
                                                                        That's the thing, are indo voters really going to transfer to FF?

Could be a lot of look after the indo lads and their monies and then transfer to FG/Lab!?

Give us an auld straw to clutch baby Jebus

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Is there a site or app where you can track your own constituency?

RTE has twitter feeds for the individual Dublin ones(possibly country wide?).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                              That's the thing, are indo voters really going to transfer to FF?

Could be a lot of look after the indo lads and their monies and then transfer to FG/Lab!?

Give us an auld straw to clutch baby Jebus
                                                                              My guess would be SD transfers will go to FG/Labour.

Looney left Indos will go to SF.

Moderate Indos will go to FG/FF.

Greens to FF/FG/Labour. Who seem to have polled far higher than expected.

Reuna to FG.

Think SD will have a lot to say on the influence of this election.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                    My guess would be SD transfers will go to FG/Labour.

Looney left Indos will go to SF.

Moderate Indos will go to FG/FF.

Greens to FF/FG/Labour. Who seem to have polled far higher than expected.

Reuna to FG.

Think SD will have a lot to say on the influence of this election.
                                                                                    Ya, can see a lot of indie left going SF and "indie" FF's going FF
                                                                                    But anyone else?

Christ ya'd hope not!

Comment

A lot of hand wringing about the silly Irish voting for FF again but for a party that's been so intertwined with the fabric of the country since its foundation to get 17% and 21% in successive elections seems pretty OK.

We're talking about 1 in 5 people which when you consider the proportion of people who take very little notice in the whole thing seems reasonably low.

The overall vote for the civil war parties has gone down again which I think is a more telling narrative than the shuffling around of seats between two parties that many people see no difference between.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          A lot of hand wringing about the silly Irish voting for FF again but for a party that's been so intertwined with the fabric of the country since its foundation to get 17% and 21% in successive elections seems pretty OK.

We're talking about 1 in 5 people which when you consider the proportion of people who take very little notice in the whole thing seems reasonably low.

The overall vote for the civil war parties has gone down again which I think is a more telling narrative than the shuffling around of seats between two parties that many people see no difference between.
                                                                                          Fair point, well made

FF are cunts though!

Comment

John Bowman is like Strewelpeter with better hair.

Comment

Bizarre election all round anyway.

Comment

Healy Rae running away with it here. MHR on almost 10k. Danny on almost 5k. Ferris next best on 4k. Followed by Brassil Griffin and Deenihan who are all close enough to each other.

Comment

Add to the bizarreness. Here was what the people who gave RTÉ their exit poll said when asked about preferred government...

Why didn't they vote for it?!

(SF toxicity evident)

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Noonan might be fighting for last seat with FG running mate.

Comment

to do the maths: 55% of people who expressed a preference want FG in gov. So around 30% more than actually voted for them. Although that does suggest they'll be strong with 2nd/3rd prefs.
                                                                                                          Where are you getting 55% from? That chart has 48% saying FG in some form or another from what I can see.

Comment

I have no willy

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                              Where are you getting 55% from? That chart has 48% saying FG in some form or another from what I can see.
                                                                                                              Look, you know Hitch doesn't do sums, he does maths, word maths acrobatics

Comment

I don't think it's too hard to imagine reasons why people would vote for someone other than FG with their #1 but still want and expect them to be in power

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                  I don't think it's too hard to imagine reasons why people would vote for someone other than FG with their #1 but still want and expect them to be in power
                                                                                                                  Whats with this sensible shit, tis election counting day

Rabble rabble rabble, harump harump harump

Comment

Was GAB on the Morning Line earlier?

If there are any of those jackets in XL floating around GAB.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

What would be a good place to watch the match and get something half decent to eat in Town?
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        What would be a good place to watch the match and get something half decent to eat in Town?
                                                                                                                        The Rds
                                                                                                                        Loads of floaters around and a big screen

Comment

PP Labour line now 5.5.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X