X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
    And questions from the quiz chadders? entertain us
    Ah fuck, There was a very very tough round. I'll get a copy of it tomorrow.

Comment

Wonder if Downtown would give us his side of the story on Mizzi trying to fuck him over at the FT of the WCOOP Main Event.

Mods I think this deserves it's own thread in NVG. Others have had dedicated threads for less, especially with less history. At this stage it just appe

Comment

Spiral Cellar, for serious alcoholics

Comment

Hopefully downtown got some liv nudes at least

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

There is eggs, veg and sauces in there. The owner isn't even doing it justice.

Comment

Can imagine this being used solely for shoes in some houses so I like that the majority is booze, sometimes you need some snacks!
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                There is eggs, veg and sauces in there. The owner isn't even doing it justice.
                It's like one of those 'ink splot' Freudian tests, measures the extent of your alchoholism.

If first thing you spot are the eggs or other food, you're ok. If you see the wine, you're borderline. If you drool over the quantity of wine then you get free pass to AA.

* Test has now been adapted for what is widely called the SATNAV effect - if you see the wine and wonder how much Cola you'll need to finish it off, you also get a free pass to AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                  It's like one of those 'ink splot' Freudian tests, measures the extent of your alchoholism.

If first thing you spot are the eggs or other food, you're ok. If you see the wine, you're borderline. If you drool over the quantity of wine then you get free pass to AA.

* Test has now been adapted for what is widely called the SATNAV effect - if you see the wine and wonder how much Cola you'll need to finish it off, you also get a free pass to AA.
                  Was very enjoyable, couldnt make it past half bottle, kinda like sangria. Was quite tyspy after it. Think I have found a new drink.
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

DISPIRTED National treasure Adele King aka Twink aka Not Her Again has spoken out for the first time about the horrors of not being able to get in the papers since a Dublin gangland crime …

Twink news for HH

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Wonder if Downtown would give us his side of the story on Mizzi trying to fuck him over at the FT of the WCOOP Main Event.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...again-1588532/
                      ...one of his best friends Rory Brown ...
                      Really
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                        Was very enjoyable, couldnt make it past half bottle, kinda like sangria. Was quite tyspy after it. Think I have found a new drink.
                        there's a feria (big party)at the beginning of the summer in south west france in Bayonne where basicallly all you drink is wine and coke. the drink is called a calimocho. You only drink it once a year cause it tastes of piss, but it's one hell of a party!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                          there's a feria (big party)at the beginning of the summer in south west france in Bayonne where basicallly all you drink is wine and coke. the drink is called a calimocho. You only drink it once a year cause it tastes of piss, but it's one hell of a party!
                          yeah was googling. I got a nice little buzz off it and for me to get 2 nights out of one bottle of vino is awesome lol! The cherry coke was fab in it.
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

I thought LSB was co-modding the WW game and could open it on mornings like this? Or is he so completely useless that Chd sacked him.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              I thought LSB was co-modding the WW game and could open it on mornings like this? Or is he so completely useless that Chd sacked him.
                              I think he may be in the same horrors tbf

Comment

Glad I'm dead

And AndyFB out drinking with them! Bet he spiked them for info lol

Comment

I've to stop looking at it.
                                  Tilting me far too much
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    I think he may be in the same horrors tbf
                                    Ah, fair enough, that's why its best to co-mod with Careca or MrsF, sober reliable early morning risers.

Comment

Someone else knew I was dead

Someone aught to tell FD the sad news. And 4 months ago!

RE-OUTSTANDING PAYMENT

Good day, this is to inform you of your Long overdue Payment outstanding in our Banking records .I saw your name in the Central Computer among list of unpaid inheritance claims individuals and have to update your information’s through this email contact for immediate confirmation .

Your name appeared among the beneficiaries who will receive a part-payment of US$10.500, 000 million (Ten million five hundred thousand United State dollars) and it has been approved already for payment months ago.

However we received an email from one, DAVID WAYNE SCARBERRY of BLUFFTON OHIO USA , who told us that he is your next of kin and that you died in a car accident last four months back. He has also submitted his account information’s to the office department for transfer of the fund to him as your inheritor. Below are the new banking details we received from DAVID WAYNE SCARBERRY

Bank name: Bank of America
                                      Address: 115 E COLLEGE AVE A2 BLUFFTON OHIO 45817
                                      ABA: 103000017 (all other)
                                      ABA: 026009593 (International)
                                      ACCT. #:003042656833
                                      ACCT Name: FMS Investments Inc.

Comment

watched Jaco last night.

I think they could have done a better job of the documentary, but it's still worth watching for the sheer brilliance of his mucic. Another of those geniuses/virtuosos who left too early. At least he left a sound which is still all around us, and resonates deeply.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

However we received an email from one, DAVID WAYNE SCARBERRY of BLUFFTON OHIO USA , who told us that he is your next of kin and that you died in a car accident last four months back. He has also submitted his account information’s to the office department for transfer of the fund to him as your inheritor. Below are the new banking details we received from DAVID WAYNE SCARBERRY
                                          Awesome
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Had to go and google that name and found out it actually exists and is the newer name for a town previously known as Shannon.
                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

http://www.finegael2016.com/ Click play the game

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              There's surely a lot of people in achievable reach of €100k though (€70k+) and they'll vote the same way as those on €100k+. But I might be living in a bubble. Have no idea how people live in Dublin on the supposed average household income of about €45k.

Had a basic income of €75k there and take home after pension, pension levy, VHI, etc was €3,600. (Presume its a fair whack more takehome in private sector). €1,100 of which went to creche, €1,400 on renting a basic apartment, leaving a grand for the month. Had other earnings too so it wasn't too bad, but if you're struggling on €75k, I can't see how €100k is easy streets fatcatland.
                                              That is rich mans struggling, i think there are very few people who are not like that. I had <500 to spend on bills/food/everything but rent (no pension or health insurance and rent was a fraction of yours) and to look after myself and another person when I started working, and I still wouldn't call my self struggling compared to a lot of people I know. Some going round your university looking for change on the ground, so they could eat something. It's all relative. Not everybody was grooming a russian to make loads of money either yeah you were struggling, it would just irk some people who have hard it much harder (most people) when people say that.

Thoughts on Red Wine mixed with Coke ( cola obv)
                                              I hate Red wine but a friend recommended mixing with coke, so rooting around a found a Red , saw ingredients on back and spot cherries , I love cherries so got cherry coke . Its fucking awesome . Kinda hoping to get 2 nights out of one bottle of red.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...coke-toge.html
                                              Whenever I get a red wine I don't like I mix it with coke to save it, or make it into mulled wine. It's pretty damn nice with coke.

First time I had buckfast I think I was 16 at slane, 2 litre bottle of coke mixed with a bottle of buckfast. That was a good day.
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-02-16, 10:57.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ireland squad tomorrow:

Leinster 13
                                                  Ulster 3
                                                  Connacht 2
                                                  Munster 5

these numbers are not good for development and the IRFU needs to get its head out their collective arses. The fact that Munster, who desperately need a decent out-half, did not get Madigan is a joke. If we ever have aspirations to be a northern NZ, we need to start acting like them.

We will stuff les bleus tomorrow anyway but sure what's new there?

Comment

great start to your holidays, when your car ends up flattened like your proverbial crepe

more pics here

One observer said it was most likely the “worst ever” crossing from France and it was “lucky the ship was not lost”.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Ireland squad tomorrow:

Leinster 13
                                                      Ulster 3
                                                      Connacht 2
                                                      Munster 5

these numbers are not good for development and the IRFU needs to get its head out their collective arses. The fact that Munster, who desperately need a decent out-half, did not get Madigan is a joke. If we ever have aspirations to be a northern NZ, we need to start acting like them.

Munster would be 7 if Earls and Zebo didn't get injured (Kearney and McFadden would drop out - (-2 Leinster))

Ulster will be ~ 7/8 by this time next year with Henderson, Henry, Jackson, Olding, McCloskey, Marshall, Bowe all likely to be involved or there thereabouts.

Madigan is grand, certainly better than Keatley, but IRFU couldn't match what he was offered, couldn't get near it!

Comment

Ireland squad tomorrow:

Leinster 13
                                                        Ulster 3
                                                        Connacht 2
                                                        Munster 5

hard to believe we haven't beaten you in Paris since 2010

tomorrow's the day though. Danty to make mince meat of Sexton.

Comment

Peoples ideas on struggling are funny, try spending a month in my shoes and you'll see real struggling Hitch

I know people on €200k+ a year and they have nothing put aside, and I know people who have never earned more than €45k a year and they have plenty to live on and save. It's all about expectations and trade offs imo.

Your situation (Hitch) was very specific, you had childcare costs without really having a second income (I think your wife was doing a PHD at the time) whereas normally the cost of childcare is more than offset by the earnings being brought in by the second spouse.

There are obviously cases where that doesn't hold through, and I've wondered why someone would bother, i.e. if the second spouse is earning say €1,500 net a month and paying €1,100 or €1,200 for childcare then why not take the 40/50 hours with your child instead?

I understand that people want to stay in a work envoirnment, but it doesn't seem like a worthwhile trade off to me.
                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Anyone ever heard or used this. It's our local chemist

It aint cheap so just wondering thoughts. I see there is one for anxiety
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Shelbourne were on looking to replace 40 of their toilet seats. Had to go off & get a price as never sold these ones before. Felt embarrassed coming back to them with a price of nearly €400 each. That's €16k worth of toilet seats. Lumps of plastic with a logo on them. Must be some money in them hotels there. LOL.

Comment

great start to your holidays, when your car ends up flattened like your proverbial crepe

more pics here

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-ferry...96991-Feb2016/

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  Shelbourne were on looking to replace 40 of their toilet seats. Had to go off & get a price as never sold these ones before. Felt embarrassed coming back to them with a price of nearly €400 each. That's €16k worth of toilet seats. Lumps of plastic with a logo on them. Must be some money in them hotels there. LOL.
                                                                  You must have run up some tab there last night!

Comment

thats crazy, worth taking less % to get an in?
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      people must've been shitting themselves up on deck. just shows how amazing those ferries are going out in that weather.

Comment

hard to believe we haven't beaten you in Paris since 2010

tomorrow's the day though. Danty to make mince meat of Sexton.
                                                                        it will go the way that it's always gone in recent years. Sexton will move your lads all round the pitch, they're not used to it and will be gasping for air by 50 minutes.

In fairness, I thought the Italy match was good to watch an you could see glimmers of what Noves was trying to do. I think the job has come too late for him though (he should have got it when Lievremont did) and you would have been better off going after Cotter who understands the French mentality yet is an outsider.

Remembering the good old days (so ironic in retrospect that it was PSA who for the touchdown!):

A look at one of the best tries scored in the 5 Nations. French winger Philippe Saint-André finishes off a fantastic French flair try. This try was scored in...

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                          Peoples ideas on struggling are funny, try spending a month in my shoes and you'll see real struggling Hitch

I know people on €200k+ a year and they have nothing put aside, and I know people who have never earned more than €45k a year and they have plenty to live on and save. It's all about expectations and trade offs imo.
                                                                          this is so fucking true (apart from the bit about poor Iago's struggles )

Comment

@Tar and other cat lovers

Saw a video on fb of cats getting major spooked when someone leaves a cucumber behind them. Quite funny but obv there must be something to it.

Any knowledge of why they are afraid of them? Like if they thought they were snakes or something, surely they'd have had to run into a snake before in order to have a fear of it???

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              thats crazy, worth taking less % to get an in?
                                                                              They ordered them , should've whacked on a few more %s

Comment

this is so fucking true (apart from the bit about poor Iago's struggles )
                                                                                Yep.

My missus would say "jesus I'm smashed this month" meaning her current acc is a bit lower than normal but it doesn't need replenishing from her savings or anything drastic like that.

Me saying "I'm smashed" means I don't have two coppers to rub together and I don't have a savings acc to touch up.

Different folks, different strokes.

Comment

Local insomnia been doing matcha for over a year I think. Tried a latte version of it. Grand but not great.

Comment

people must've been shitting themselves up on deck. just shows how amazing those ferries are going out in that weather.
                                                                                    I was booked on to a Holyhead ferry tonight as all flights to UK for tomorrow were coming in around 350 a head until yesterday when Ryanair to EMA came in at normal prices. Very happy not to be sailing now!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Saw a video on fb of cats getting major spooked when someone leaves a cucumber behind them. Quite funny but obv there must be something to it.

Any knowledge of why they are afraid of them? Like if they thought they were snakes or something, surely they'd have had to run into a snake before in order to have a fear of it???

Comment

I iamgine it's a mix of having something strange appear behind you out of nowhere and a fear of something like snakes.

You don't have to have ever seen something to be scared of it, that's evolution baby.

This is why people are innately scared of spiders, snakes, loud noises etc. Those who had a tendency to have fear of them survived and passed on their genes. We are just an animal, which is not too dissimilar to a computer, we are heavily reliant on our coding. As time goes on we get less so, as we develop as a species and go beyond the classical natural selection.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                          Local insomnia been doing matcha for over a year I think. Tried a latte version of it. Grand but not great.
                                                                                          Oh god it's awful. First mouthful. Oh that's not too bad, wait what's that aftertaste. Oh yeah that's what feet must taste like.
                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Saw them and was dying to try it on my cat and had the video at the ready. Uploaded it there to youtube to share the hilarity with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCE4YHsld3k

Maybe I should've removed the wrapper!

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                              Oh god it's awful. First mouthful. Oh that's not too bad, wait what's that aftertaste. Oh yeah that's what feet must taste like.
                                                                                              Was thinking teaspoon in nutri bullet
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

ha @that article, matcha has been the new big thing for about a decade now. Think it's all just a marketing campaign by a guy that's invested in it.

Tastes like seaweed afaicr
                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-02-16, 12:08.

Comment

good business, I hope it dosn't come back and bite you in the arse.

Comment

Our fat cat tried to eat the cucumber

Comment

Ireland squad tomorrow:

Leinster 13
                                                                                                      Ulster 3
                                                                                                      Connacht 2
                                                                                                      Munster 5

If youw ere Madigan would you have left for imerick or Cork they still split training i think between both places.
                                                                                                      One of the lads in my club wo a training session with Madigan 2 weeks ago was very good.
                                                                                                      Very nice humble guy very small but spent 90mins training us then took photos slefies whatever with everyone that wanted one.
                                                                                                      I guess its all part of the gig.
                                                                                                      Of the lads from Connemara told him to relocate to Galway jokingly he took it well.
                                                                                                      From a Connacht point of view its great ths year top of the pro 12 should have heinken cup rugby next year.
                                                                                                      Two starters on the irish team obv White is more of a stop gap.
                                                                                                      Hopefully it shows players youc an still have an international career while at Connacht hopefullly can keep Henshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                        good business, I hope it dosn't come back and bite you in the arse.
                                                                                                        C'mon Willie, you can do better than that

Comment

The baby rake is going to be high scam as much as you can.

Comment

Was thinking teaspoon in nutri bullet
                                                                                                            I have only tried and the Latte and a KitKat (which my brother in law brought back from Japan).

Both had the aftertaste. Try it and see. My wife thought the kitkats were ok.
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

So who's playing the €25k SHR game in the RDS this afternoon?

Line on over/under Irish players at 1?

Comment

Are you shitting me? If you win that job, would that be like the NUT FLUSH?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows
                                                                                                                  So will you be flush with cash.
                                                                                                                  Yeah, shitting money.

We need Icky back, badly.

Comment

Yeah, shitting money.

We need Icky back, badly.
                                                                                                                    Sorry. My cistern is much better at puns.

Comment

Hi. Yes it's believed it's because of snakes. There must be some hard-wired instinct about being surprised by a long thin thing on the ground beside them. Cats' natural habitat was grassland so they would have been prey for snakes. They are vulnerable when they're eating as they get quite docile and stop paying attention to their surroundings.
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                        Sorry. My cistern is much better at puns.
                                                                                                                        urine danger of starting a pun war

Comment

So who's playing the €25k SHR game in the RDS this afternoon?

Line on over/under Irish players at 1?
                                                                                                                          Surely 1/10 the under no?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X