This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    The laptopsdirect one will have a much better screen as it's an IPS, you can view it from any angle and see what is on the screen, not have to look at it head on.

The rest of the specs are moot as you won't need them. Can i have it?
    I certainly won't 'need' the specs, but doesn't mean I won't like them, especially when the taxpayers are paying for most of it.

The fact that it is refurbished wouldn't worry you? I know it can mean just opened but never used, but it can also mean it was broken and returned then fixed I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      At work, innit. About to apply for my boss's job. She's handed in her notice and everything will go to buggery if I don't take over.
      Send me on the address there, will send on my cv.
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Has Vinyl released yet ? I'm expecting huge things from this . Scorsesy and Jagger collaboration, years in the making . Can't see any links for it .

Comment

I just saw somebody buy a DVD in teaco, blast from the past.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            I certainly won't 'need' the specs, but doesn't mean I won't like them, especially when the taxpayers are paying for most of it.

The fact that it is refurbished wouldn't worry you? I know it can mean just opened but never used, but it can also mean it was broken and returned then fixed I guess.
            The laptop direct one has more ram and bigger ssd and a bit of a worse gfx card I think, it seems a better laptop to me in general.

As for refurbished, I am not sure howreputable laptopsdirect is but A1 refurbished means

"laptops are graded A1 because they're the nearest you'll get to having a brand new laptop without the huge price tag! Most A1 laptops just have an open box and are completely unused however some may have extremely minor marks which results in an even bigger discount. All A1 laptops have been carefully examined and tested before being sealed with all required accessories ready for you to take away."
            If you are uncomfortable witht hat you can get the same laptop from pcworld.co.uk, and get it delivered to you via parcel wizard (DPD courier for €3.50)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
              Has Vinyl released yet ? I'm expecting huge things from this . Scorsesy and Jagger collaboration, years in the making . Can't see any links for it .
              Starts next Monday on Sky Atlantic. Probably Sunday night in the states.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

What's scorceses actual involvement though, could just be lending his name to give it a boost, like boardwalk. Looks good though it starts next weekend
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                  Hardly a day an Aussie and your looking for a fight.
                  wp

Comment

woah just watched Rubio get dismantled by Christie, he was devastated.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      What's scorceses actual involvement though, could just be lending his name to give it a boost, like boardwalk. Looks good though it starts next weekend
                      not sure, just heard what it was about last week. The soundtrack alone should make it very watchable. (listenable:0) The reports are that it will be a classic . It can't fail surely given the formula Anyway I've been hurt before.

Comment

Eddie Hutch shot and killed and 2 shootings in Tallaght this evening. Adds another dimension to the election.

Comment

Kinehan's right hand man shot in Tallaght 2 dead. That was quick. Although not as quick as Teddie.
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                            Kinehan's right hand man shot in Tallaght 2 dead. That was quick. Although not as quick as Teddie.
                            Son Daniel! If so thats huge. My money is on Paul Rice

Comment

Where are ye getting all this?

Really making Kenny, Burton et al look like tools for trying to use regency killing as a stick to beat Sinn Fein with earlier today. They were really reaching,people aren't that thick

Comment

Twitter and fm104. Seems now there wasn't a shooting though.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                  This won't end anytime soon then. My sister used to hang around with the monks daughter and I know a few lads who hang around with his son. Met him a couple of times and he is one scary individual.

Comment

Comment

Fianna Fáil 1 and 2. Feel a bit dirty right now.
                                      Me too and FG stone last.
                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Paul Williams probably jumping on his bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Just set up a Google Calendar reminder for June 2020. Seems a bit like tempting faith!
                                          f8 m8

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                          He should have had more T m8
                                          n e t

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                          With how much I have grown to hate people as a whole, I always find it funny that I wanted to be a teacher when I started college.

Still no reply about that job though, sitting on a computer alone entering data. Fuckers better call for an interview.
                                          ship on the link, may as well have a go myself.
                                          you'd be a hilarious teacher, what subject/s?

Anyone here remember the POET - Niall Murphy. (Played a lot in the old Drogheda games)
                                          fun and games whenever I played with him.
                                          passed away. RIP.
                                          A real gent and great craic to boot.

Hoping for a stonking big Trump win tomorrow, Kasick in second, Cruz in third, and Rubio relegated to fourth. Will add a rather epic fight to the race which will become mundane if Rubio gets a decent second. We'd have Kasick and Rubio, possibly Christie, destroying each other. Cruz making Trump seem sane, while at the same time Trump making Cruz seem sane.

Rubio looks weak as fck after that debate over the weekend. Ultimately I want the 'my mammy was a cleaner and I love God' baby freak to win for the €700 cold hard cash he means to my bank balance, but he seems like a gobshite of the highest order. Can only imagine how rapidly he would be run over by the Putins of this world.
                                          Christie is sound, 140/1 though
                                          Just need Mitt to jump in the race.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Paul Williams probably jumping on his bed.
                                            He'll have a book out about it next week. Tv3s documentary department sorted for the next few years too

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                              He'll have a book out about it next week. Tv3s documentary department sorted for the next few years too
                                              3e sorted for a year m8.

Europa League, Irelands deadliest dead men and some shite itv4 made with Jordan and that twat Keith Lemon.

Comment

3e sorted for a year m8.

Europa League, Irelands deadliest dead men and some shite itv4 made with Jordan and that twat Keith Lemon.
                                                I'd give Ireland's deadliest dead men a watch tbf

Comment

Comment

This won't end anytime soon then. My sister used to hang around with the monks daughter and I know a few lads who hang around with his son. Met him a couple of times and he is one scary individual.
                                                    He is, I think it's the contrast of the jet black wire hair and the bleach white skin. Is it boot polish he puts in his hair!?.
                                                    If these 2 other shootings turn out to be bullshit I think against popular belief there will be a simmering down. Kinihan kinda got away with it with just Byrne got as it could have been his son. They have to make a token revenge to make it appear they care.
                                                    Eddie was like Donnie too old to think of hitting the mattresses, gone to the game, an easy target. Dublin was all he knew too old to run or hide.

Comment

He is, I think it's the contrast of the jet black wire hair and the bleach white skin. Is it boot polish he puts in his hair!?.
                                                      If these 2 other shootings turn out to be bullshit I think against popular belief there will be a simmering down. Kinihan kinda got away with it with just Byrne got as it could have been his son. They have to make a token revenge to make it appear they care.
                                                      Eddie was like Donnie too old to think of hitting the mattresses, gone to the game, an easy target. Dublin was all he knew too old to run or hide.
                                                      At this stage surely any of the big players would go to ground safe houses abroad?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                        At this stage surely any of the big players would go to ground safe houses abroad?
                                                        They would but he wasn't a player

Comment

Comment

Surely the head honcho's will just want to get back to business? Drawing a ton of attention and the risk of getting killed as opposed to shooting a mid level guy on either side and leaving it once everyone has a pound of flesh will surely be preferable.

Once you can make it to the top of the criminal ladder I presume there is a lot of rational the thought rather than mindless killing for the sake of saving face. More of the rational rather than irrational psychopaths if you will.

May be trying to apply stringer bell and prop joe ideals to much to these guys however.

The big losers will be the lads on o'connell bridge or the extra people they need to rob to make up the difference once the price of junk goes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Oh ffs.

Green, People Before Profit, SF, SF, AAA, Social Democrats, Labour.

I have to hit the 6th and 7th candidates before I would vote for them.

Maybe I should have played around with which issues I wanted included. I mean it has equal weighting to traveller accommodation and lower tax v higher public spending v decrease national debt.

There's no point in matching a on a few policy areas if the candidate would also make everyone cycle instead of drive, redistribute wealth to bookmakers bar owners and drug dealers, admire good republican mafia Godfathers like Slab Murphy etc.

Comment

How are you so well-informed on Dublin underground rounders? Ringing the 1800-McWilliams hotline a lot?
                                                                He is the BASTARD child of Veronica Guerin and Joey the lips

Comment

You were part of our minutes at the AGM.

Comment

Have Boyles got a market up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      A bit of a muddy last 24 hours in the BBV. Can somebody post something controversial so we can start an argument?
                                                                      You are shit at betting mma and it has all been a racket to fund your visa.
                                                                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Saw The Revenant tonight.

Tom Hardy absolutely bossed it and would have been a shoe in for an Oscar if he wasn't cast alongside Leo. His character was the lowest, dirtiest, rottenest sonofabitch I've seen in a movie in a very, very long time.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

2/10 review

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                            You are shit at betting mma and it has all been a racket to fund your visa.
                                                                            Citizenship, by definition, doesn't require a visa. (It's also relatively cheap). 2/10

Comment

He is the BASTARD child of Veronica Guerin and Joey the lips

Comment

I am now getting no internet access on my ethernet cable on this piece of shit too. Literally cannot solve this, how do you fucking get no internet access with an ethernet cable!!!
                                                                                I hate things and people.
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                  Saw The Revenant tonight.

Tom Hardy absolutely bossed it and would have been a shoe in for an Oscar if he wasn't cast alongside Leo. His character was the lowest, dirtiest, rottenest sonofabitch I've seen in a movie in a very, very long time.
                                                                                  In the movie he had a few reasons to be the way he was.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    I got a good result on that whichcandidate.ie
                                                                                    Same, although my version of running for election would defiantly be more coup based

Comment

Last couple of days has made me realise how much I miss Love/Hate

Comment

Last couple of days has made me realise how much I miss Love/Hate
                                                                                        Sur pack an auld lunch fur yer self and go on an auld bus trip round dubleen's less salubrious parts too see some of the live Love/Hate action going down at the mo!

Comment

reddit being a fucker for anyone else? could easily just be me the way technology has turned on me
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                            2/10 review
                                                                                            Wrong.

If I hadn't watched the hateful eight last month I might have hated it too though. No movie can ever drag on after watching the hateful eight.
                                                                                            Last edited by mdoug; 09-02-16, 02:38.
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Your gif of the week. Sponsored by Paddy Power.

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Was trying to google the weird movie Four Room by Tarantino there as I couldn't remember the name and a movie called For Love or Money came up as one of the google answers.

Loving the lead characters name, will have to watch it just for that. Auto 10/10

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Re: the laptop thing.

At the price point you should probably be buying the new one rather than the refurb. Laptops direct have short enough warranty periods on refurbs should anything go wrong (not sure if legal). I'm not sure what they are like to deal with if things go wrong. I bought a refurb tablet from them about two years ago and it all went smoothly.
                                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

mdoug, open device manager, find your ethernet and wifi adapters and right click and uninstall them.

If they don't auto re-install, right click and click 'scan for hardware changes' and they should auto re-install.

If they still don't reinstall, your networking card(s) is fucked.

Comment

I've given up on power laptops. I use my chromebook for everything.

Just bought a Lenovo TS140 to act as a homeserver / esxi host and will virtualise a couple of desktops and remote in if I need to do anything serious.

Have crouton installed on the chromebook which gives me a lxde desktop, so can use RDP into the homeserver.

Not arsed carrying around hardware, prefer to just spend the weekend setting up the homeserver once and then leave that on 24/7 for access.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                        I just saw somebody buy a DVD in teaco, blast from the past.

There is a guy sitting beside me in the lounge at Delhi airport who has just spent, I kid you not, over $500 on CD's of Indian music in the gift shop... I expect the CD's are the Indian equivalent of Foster and Allen

In other news Jet Airways are by far the shittiest airline I've ever flown. Fuckers forced me to change my ticket last night but it turns out that plane amde up time and was only about 30 minutes behind schedule by the time we got here, I ran to desk but cunce wouldn't put me back on. Had to fight to get a hotel and a lounge off them and now the Heathrow flight is going to be running at least two hours late so its going to be touch and go whether I make Dublin tonight at all.
                                                                                                        FFS!
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I am now getting no internet access on my ethernet cable on this piece of shit too. Literally cannot solve this, how do you fucking get no internet access with an ethernet cable!!!
                                                                                                          I hate things and people.
                                                                                                          Saw a virus do that. Actually it was a root kit. Bitch to fix.

Comment

Wrong.

If I hadn't watched the hateful eight last month I might have hated it too though. No movie can ever drag on after watching the hateful eight.
                                                                                                            I was rating his review, not the movie.

Comment

One of the better HYPE HYPE HYPE videos.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Careca. Snow has arrived. Few crashes round Tralee with the New road near Mitchels and Clash worst affected. Been snowing for a few hours in Killarney but not sticking yet.

#WeatherWatch

Comment

Paul O connel retired from all rugby with immediate effect this morning.

Sad way for him to go and missing out on a bonus millin for a couple of years work in the south of France.
                                                                                                                  At 36 a hamstring ripped from the bone it was always going to be hard to make it back.
                                                                                                                  He was sme warrior and leader and dragged Munster on winng matches they had no right to win.
                                                                                                                  Always came acrosss as a very likeable down to earth guy as well.

Comment

Paul O connel retired from all rugby with immediate effect this morning.

Sad way for him to go and missing out on a bonus millin for a couple of years work in the south of France.
                                                                                                                    At 36 a hamstring ripped from the bone it was always going to be hard to make it back.
                                                                                                                    He was sme warrior and leader and dragged Munster on winng matches they had no right to win.
                                                                                                                    Always came acrosss as a very likeable down to earth guy as well.
                                                                                                                    He'll have no shortage of opportunities to make money.

Legend.

Comment

the hype train has been surprising ly quiet ahead of dos Anjos - McGregor
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                        the hype train has been surprising ly quiet ahead of dos Anjos - McGregor
                                                                                                                        You can only hit the credit union up so many times
                                                                                                                        But seriously the lead up to Aldo fight was do drawn out people have hype fatigue. It'll build up with a week to go,doubt there will be anywhere near the same amount flying over
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 09-02-16, 12:17.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X