X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncongested me bollix.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Has anyone heard the line at the end of the credit union radio ad?

'We're here for people not profit'

Nice subtle plug for RBB and the boys, I wonder is there any skulduggery going on given broadcast ads are illegal.

May lodge a complaint with advertising standards and see if it flies.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Wasnt it tables that kept crashing the site a few months back, anything to do with the WW game ?
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Best thing about the US election is more Caitriona Perry on the news.
          Last edited by Guest; 20-01-16, 21:46. Reason: Edited keysie and gray bantz out in case una mullalley reads this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            How long can they wait?

I have a sense that every day Trump remains in the race reduces the chance of any GOP candidate.

Spoke recently to an American who is a lifelong GOP activist and a huge GWB supporter who said they expect Hilary to win against any of the current offering and that they might even vote for her themselves.
            Trump will lead the race until March 15th unless people like saying they support him more than they like voting for him. Actually that's not entirely unlikely, he has a horribly weak ground game and tends to show weakness in likely voter polls. Also will not win Iowa. He needs to absolutely slaughter all before him until mid March to stand a chance. He's living on free media. If Rubio or Kasich makes a charge and beats expectations in New Hampshire then it could look quite different but I still think Trump performs very strongly until mid March
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-01-16, 21:45.

Comment

Can't believe the crap you guys are getting with Eircom! not a great time to test it with so many on it, but still giving a decent result

Comment

Can't think of a better thing to do with a sub 1 8 month old than outsource their care.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      The table here suggests it is Cruz who will lead until March 15th. Or at least he has to lead to be in with a chance. Cruz needs 830 delegates by then, Trump 750, Rubio 650.

Edit: I mean this is what he needs to have including the critical March 15th Florida and Ohio winner-takes-all states on the 15th, but its a similar picture in run up to then. Cruz is expected to be in the lead until the blue states start voting.
                      Cruz is nuttier than Trump imo
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

In practical terms whats the diff between 15mb and 60mb and 300mb?

Comment

The table here suggests it is Cruz who will lead until March 15th. Or at least he has to lead to be in with a chance. Cruz needs 830 delegates by then, Trump 750, Rubio 650.

Edit: I mean this is what he needs to have including the critical March 15th Florida and Ohio winner-takes-all states on the 15th, but its a similar picture in run up to then. Cruz is expected to be in the lead until the blue states start voting.
                              After Trump's insane performance at Liberty University he's pretty much lost all hope of making inroads with evangelical Protestants. That probably offsets a lot of the gains he might have gotten from Palin's endorsement.

Cruz needs consistent above average performances to meet that table. If that's in any way accurate I can't see him keeping that pace up early doors, particularly after the GOP seem to have decided to torpedo him

Comment

Trump supporters shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

Comment

Also @ Hitch: I love that article.

So...much...DATA!!

Comment

Whats the best value/most stable ISP/Broadband to get in Dublin? Stability >>> Speed for me

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Can't believe the crap you guys are getting with Eircom! not a great time to test it with so many on it, but still giving a decent result
                                      Wifi

'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

first time doing the lotto online, so an email arrives , congratulations. My heart skips a beat , in an instance in my head I have divvied out most of the 12 million . I resign myself to having a million left to myself to survive, I begin to panic, what if North Korea trigger a 3rd world war of devestation and money loses it value and in it's place an apocalyptic daily battle to survive where only the very fit manage to protect their families . Why did I let myself go this last year? Right then, I think it's time to get fit again to prepare for the carnage ahead Ok, I open the email. You have won 6 EURO .
                                        Pheeeewww. GET IN.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                              Whats the best value/most stable ISP/Broadband to get in Dublin? Stability >>> Speed for me

Probably any of the phone packages if you are willing to splash out on a decent router to get the best out of it. As much as I detest them I think Eir(com) are the most stable.
                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Trump is trading at his lowest price today 2.4
                                                3K to be sucked up at <2.7 feels like free money.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

UPC (now Virgin) but get your own router. Horizon boxes are always crashing.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'd imagine the Vodafone/ESB broadband will be different gravy when it finally gets up and running?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      Thought you weren't able to do this. What router would you recommend?
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sky fibre cheapest out there now 35 per month 12 month contract. new router with smart technology bla bla

latest bundle unreal tv phone bb 49 per month. basic tv obv but fantastic for peeps on a budget

Add a tenner for next bundle
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                          I'd imagine the Vodafone/ESB broadband will be different gravy when it finally gets up and running?
                                                          Teething problems aside it should be excellent.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

If its for poker. You could also look at investing in a decent router to manage your network. Get one that can take a 4G USB dongle as your backup connection. It can be configured to failover to the dongle once your main connection goes offline. Should take about 10 seconds or so for the dongle to go active in such a case.

Comment

also a tip for anyone switching to BB only without landline

I am with vodafone bb only , I am fucked! when you want to switch to another provider you need a UAN number and landline number obv I have a UAN but no landline so if I want to switch I am gonna be up to 6 weeks without BB . some pain when I can get Sky for free but I am not willing to do without BB for that long
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

I must be the only one that thinks Trump isn't a complete non-runner

Comment

Who knew that forced marriage wasn't illegal in Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Getting the backing of Palin has made him legit imo. She is still very popular in the party even though she is now a political analyst.

It's surreal to see him leading the race. It's the first time that I've been surprised at the stupidity of Americans. The guys is a sham and I though they'd see through it.

I don't think it matters anyway because Hilary Clinton will be the next President. She is not a great personality but Bill will win the election for her.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...tegy-1.2504367

Or marrying children

will target the “intentional conduct of luring an adult or a child . . . with the purpose of forcing [them] to enter into a marriage”.
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

10% chance of getting Irish Euro2016 tickets. Although article doesn't say if that was just Irish applicants for the Irish-allocated tickets or all applicants for all the tickets.

Reckon therefore there's a 30%+ chance of getting the premium tickets. Obv less people selected those tickets as there was no warnings about availability as there was with the lower priced tickets. Some people on lower priced tickets might have selected 'I'll take a higher priced ticket if that's all that's available' but they'll be ranked behind people who picked those higher priced tickets as their first choice.
                                                                        Is that not 2 stories ? FAI to get 26,000 tickets. 275,000 irish fans applied to the lottery system.

2 different distribution channels ?
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Getting the backing of Palin has made him legit imo.
                                                                          We can be very supercilious and self satisfied at times about conservatives and the things they care about. Too much imo. But having said that, this is scary, batshit crazy stuff, and all those whooping and supporting are serious fucktards:

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump received a key endorsement Tuesday from conservative heavyweight Sarah Palin, giving the billionaire busine...

Comment

McGregor compared himself to El Chapo then posed like this for the staredowns.

Bantz

Comment

If you look at the fastest runs recorded in the EPL this season the top 3 are 3 different Leicester players, with another also in the top 10.

Seems a little strange no?

Comment

If you look at the fastest runs recorded in the EPL this season the top 3 are 3 different Leicester players, with another also in the top 10.

Not if the Leicester scouting and coaching staff play a lot of FIFA and Football Manager..great pace throughout the team is more important than almost any other attribute and players with such stats should be bought in their droves
                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...tegy-1.2504367

It's not a crime. It is illegal. If someone is forced into a marriage then the marriage is invalid.

Comment

The press conference is a laugh!
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

If the stats are similar at the seasons end then it is drugs.

Comment

Just The Guardian reporting on MMA. McGOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                          also a tip for anyone switching to BB only without landline

I am with vodafone bb only , I am fucked! when you want to switch to another provider you need a UAN number and landline number obv I have a UAN but no landline so if I want to switch I am gonna be up to 6 weeks without BB . some pain when I can get Sky for free but I am not willing to do without BB for that long
                                                                                          My bb contract is up in November,near enough to when my sky contract is up,reckon I could get a good deal on basic+ sports if I switch to them for BB?

Comment

Chilli banana was great, thanks. I shall be there all week

Comment

Is it still bolloxed over there?

Must be serious...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                Gotham is nothing spectacular but a grand watch if you're bored. One I have downloaded but yet to watch is Blindspot. Looks decent enough from what I've read but could be a pile of shit.
                                                                                                Gotham really came into it's own after they got past the first part of season 1, for me episode 10 > it got fantastic.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                In practical terms whats the diff between 15mb and 60mb and 300mb?
                                                                                                Just how quickly you can source stuff. I'm sure there is more in-depth analysis.

Not sure on value but Virgin Media really are killing it, for a reliability stand point I've never really had any difficult hassle and would highly recommend them.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                On the new 360 line they're giving out a much better router, no crappy Horizon box.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                Thought you weren't able to do this. What router would you recommend?
                                                                                                I've got the Horizon box in the sitting room but always had my broadband modem in my bedroom, when I initially got the Horizon they only gave me that but had to get back onto them to get the separate router and make sure it was enabled.

As for your own wireless router I've got the TP Link Archer C8 and it's an absolute beast.
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

Gotta say, I love the fact that the second he pushed every other guy into wearing suits, he fucking stopped

Comment

Have had to create a list of where I am in programs I am watching ffs;

ATM its;
                                                                                                    Enterprise
                                                                                                    Stargate SG1
                                                                                                    Early Edition
                                                                                                    Heroes Reborn
                                                                                                    True Blood
                                                                                                    Penny Dreadful

Have the Boxed DVD collection of Heroes if anyone wants it for P+P cost only BTW
                                                                                                    Also wrote down watching order of Stargate from here http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...viewing-order/

Really need fishing season to start

Comment

UFC 197 McGregor -v- RDA Presser is live now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQ7dlmZIFU
                                                                                                      1. That was funny as fuck
                                                                                                      2. UFC is like an amateur organisation in an awful lot of ways
                                                                                                      3. Dana hasn't got over the sore arse or Ronda losing, the way he spoke about Holm was bang out of order imo!
                                                                                                      4. That was funny as fuck!
                                                                                                      5.The thing about arsenal is they always try to walk it in

Comment

I watched the first two episodes of Billions and I think it's worth a chance. I like Maggie Siff anyways which is a bonus, gives her tv hubby a golden shower in the first episode.

Comment

I watched the first two episodes of Billions and I think it's worth a chance. I like Maggie Siff anyways which is a bonus, gives her tv hubby a golden shower in the first episode.
                                                                                                          m8
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            1. That was funny as fuck
                                                                                                            2. UFC is like an amateur organisation in an awful lot of ways
                                                                                                            3. Dana hasn't got over the sore arse or Ronda losing, the way he spoke about Holm was bang out of order imo!
                                                                                                            4. That was funny as fuck!
                                                                                                            5.The thing about arsenal is they always try to walk it in
                                                                                                            MCG really is streets ahead in the hype game,when you see how some other fighters promote ppvs ,different level altogether. Some awful dullards holding belts
                                                                                                            Reckon he got under dos anjos skin nicely there,especially with the constant cutting I. When RDA was talking.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 21-01-16, 07:11.

Comment

For the presidency or the nomination?

He has the "well, I recognise that one, I'll vote for him" on his side. But isn't the dumbass turnout historically quite low?
                                                                                                              Last edited by Mellor; 21-01-16, 10:59.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  For the presidency or the nomination?

He has the "well, I recognise that one, I'll vote for him" on his side. But it's the dumbass turnout historically quite low?
                                                                                                                  There's some evidence to suggest Trump's voters aren't big on turnout. Cruz is likely to do very well in the turnout game. Evangelicals are the absolute footsoldiers of the GOP ground game and they are overwhelmingly behind Cruz over Trump. Could lead to a couple of "exceeded expectations" result for Cruz when total vote is compared to polling data. Even really good polls find it hard to correct for that element.

Interesting article on fivethirtyeight that discussed "triggers" in the primaries and how they could be the key to the eventual winner's success. Going to have a bit of a dig into them now. Think GAB is right that there's value in the market but it's probably going to be punting on delegate numbers at certain points and I think understanding the triggers will be key to that.

Comment

UFC 197 McGregor -v- RDA Presser is live now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQ7dlmZIFU
                                                                                                                    Absolutely outrageous
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Dvaut on Twoplustwo:

On Trump's support base being broader than initially assumed (not written by me needless to say):

"Actually, I think it's important to point out I'm not quite talking about poor whites. I think poor whites are generally racist and protectionist and insofar as Trump has political points ("GTFO Mexicans, I will crush China. Make America Great Again") -- those poor whites are at least engaged in the conventional political process of you know, have some issues they care about and voting for their self interest. It's crude and despicable but I get it, fundamentally. They are competing with immigrant and Chinese labor and generally are agitated by brown people to begin with. Their Trump support makes sense.

We're talking about a different class of people here: the otherwise well-off and probably reasonable educated and smarter white guy Trump fans who aren't economically insecure and are generally making out OK with free trade keeping the costs of tech toys down and cheaper lawn mowing.

By their own admission, Trump isn't even saying anything particularly political to them. He doesn't have any real solutions to problems they have, largely because hey, let's face it, these are nice privileged white guys, they don't have problems. What I'm arguing is that these guys have basically channeled their political agency into misanthropy, or the mentality of an angry teenage dudebro who is amused by Adam Sandler movies or whatever.

This, by the way, has to be considered one of the great right-wing masterstrokes of the last 40-50 years or so. And that is that recognizing that in First World countries in a modern economy where growth has been unabated for decades on end (obviously some deep recessions notwithstanding), the world of the political could morph away from politics into random cultural grievances, or better, the world of the political could morph away from political into being aggrieved by politics and by extension you can rightfully be annoyed by the political process for harshing your buzz.

So on one hand you have ideologues and other assorted political losers engaging in the old conventional policy based political conversations. Take health care policy for instance: from the pedestrian stuff like should the welfare state exist, should it provide medical services to its citizens, and then more specifically, using the US as an example, to more wonky pursuits: should Medicare be expanded, how do we get provider and insurance interests to align, what are the effects of the federal government not being permitted to negotiate prices of drugs with pharmaceutical companies in Medicare Part D versus what they can sometimes negotiate in Medicaid, etc.

The great right-wing expert play of the post-Civil Rights Era America is realizing that white men have it ****ing made, like life has never been better at any point than to be a white guy currently, ergo the political process has precisely nothing to offer not only them, but anyone, and therefore anyone bothering with it is a busybody nincompoop. And it's boring. It's just common sense we should all just leave each other alone and anyone engaged in it is probably screwing you somehow and lecherously stealing from the system or otherwise profiting themselves somehow. Life's sweet, what other interests could someone have? Well for the middle class and up white guy, some of them aren't too concerned with figuring that out and are just happy to assume the political process is some kind of scam they guess.

For normal people with either even cursory interests in the fates of other people, to voters who need to be self interested and vote to get what they want out of the process (e.g., conservative Christians, or feminists, or war mongerers, or blacks, whatever) -- the messiness of politics and compromise and sub-ideal solutions are unfortunate but understood to rightfully be part of the process. I may not like Bill Kristol or Mike Huckabee but I mean, hey, at least they're playing along by the old rules.

These middle class and up Trump voters, they aren't playing by the old rules. More correctly, politics doesn't offer them anything. This shouldn't be much for a liberal to concede here since it kind of fits in nicely with the notion we all agree with: all that stuff I said earlier about how life is pretty sweet for a first world white guy. To the moderately well-off white guy and up with little ideological interests beyond "get the **** away from me, life sure is fun, yeehaw" -- the right-wing has successfully dismantled the notion that the world requires political solutions and political compromises at all. In steps this form of squishy white guy libertarianism where the height of societal problems are access to weed, porn and whatever, internet poker or something. Every other form of political activity that isn't really just focused on that is some kind of pandering, or corrupt bargaining, or a handout to an undeserving loser type.

Where this works so well for the right is that GOP's brand of "do nothing" and subsequently funneling political agency into some broad personality cults or white guy identity clubs. Left with nothing to solve, in fact, denying that the government has any role in solving anything at all, what's left to do with the political arena but titillate yourself or maybe agitate for a tax break? Issues and politics are boring, you instead want the candidate who you can have a beer with. That's the important thing. You want the candidate who is yelling at the other clowns on stage jabbering about boring things. That's funny, he's sticking to it all those dorks, lol **** 'em.

I agree to an extent that the Trump carnival ****show has some high likelihood of back firing on the GOP elites who promoted issue-free politics since THEY care deeply about some important if narrow interests but for a generation or two, this has paid huge dividends gaming white guys into the moderately dependable GOP category if and when they bother engaging. Liberals are toxic busy bodies solving losers problems and bothering the common sense consensus we should just always do nothing at all, so here, have a watered down old white Republican, he probably won't bother you too much and life is alot more fun when you're not too bothered by loser wiener types that are whining about their dumb problems like their lack of medicine.

These people fundamentally commit apostasy when they get too enamored with Trump or Ron Paul or whatever but I'm guessing a vast majority of them become dependable GOP lever pullers by November once they're confronted with ghastly old busybody hag Hillary Clinton trying to lame up the world for nice white guys, and you can have Miller Lite Republican Marco Rubio or whoever who probably won't harsh your buzz too much. Trump would be great for them, maybe, because of how much he might just go HAM on the establishment and call them all the meanest things and just piss everyone off like the best WWE heels, but OK, if not him then just give them the bland alternative who won't rustle their jimmies whining about black lives mattering or college rape culture or other assorted loser problems."
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Seems to me there's a huge wall of 'respected' political analysis that need Trump to lose, and are willing to take any loss as evidence that their '~1% chance' predictions when he led the polls in the summer was correct. It was 'national polls don't matter' then it was 'look at the state level numbers' now it's 'oh well it's about delegates and he'd lose a brokered convention', etc.

As batshit fucking insane as it is, he's resonated with the Republican base to a significant extent and got way further than anticipated despite the traditional political machine elements. Why? That's what I'd love these great minds to turn their attention to rather than making a Trump nomination their hill to die on.

Comment

Reuters have also finally caved and will start reporting on it. Seemingly UFC are delighted with this...Brother is off to UFC197 and will get private interviews with Dana and the rest....jammy fucker...pretty sure 2 years ago he was anti-UFC...has changed his tune quick enough.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X