Argentina 14
    Tonga 12
    USA 10
    Fiji 8
    Canada 6
    Uruguay 4
    Australia 2

Comment

Any of you fine people been to Websummit? Exhibition Floor only option has sold out and I'm fucked if I'm gonna pay anything between €700 and €5K per ticket knowing that only EF admission would interest me.

Comment

Has anyone any advice on dealing with a constant barrage of scam telephone calls to a upc landline?

I've been receiving two/three calls a day from people with foreign accents purporting to be from Microsoft windows, offering to fix my computer. The calls which are emanating from the uk and usa are a nuisance and are waking my eight month old baby boy.

Things took a slightly sinister turn today when after playing along and pretending to download teamviewer.com as requested , the caller got quite aggressive and read out my home address, suggesting that they were outside.Now we have only moved into a new apartment six weeks ago so I can't fathom how they got hold of this information. Could they be getting the information from upc ,since they are the only utility that would have my change of address currently?

What can I do here, firstly to stop the calls and secondly to see how these con-artists were able to access my private details?
        "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Just 1-10 twice against the teams now so please.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            I only got a letter from them the other day saying I'm registered (never got around to signing up in my old place) am I too late to get my 100yoyos?
            Had to be before june 30th I think but see if ye can get it, my estate agents signed me up without asking, I will forgive them for the 100e I just got.

some interesting malware for card players:

Online poker players are being targeted by a computer virus that spies on their virtual cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
              yes, You have to be registered. but not a Irish water customer

I am not an Irish Water customer – I have my own well and septic tank/sewerage system or I am on a group water scheme– can I avail of the grant?
              You will be eligible to apply for the grant as long as you registered your principal private residence (as on 30 June 2015) with Irish Water on or before the 30 June 2015.

https://www.watergrant.ie/Home/Faq
              Yup. It's just a straightforward bribe to get IW's database filled so they know who they're dealing with (and not dealing with).

Serious bottle job from FG/LAB!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                some interesting malware for card players:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34289003
                Using information about a victim's hand gives the attacker a significant advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post
                  Has anyone any advice on dealing with a constant barrage of scam telephone calls to a upc landline?

I've been receiving two/three calls a day from people with foreign accents purporting to be from Microsoft windows, offering to fix my computer. The calls which are emanating from the uk and usa are a nuisance and are waking my eight month old baby boy.

Things took a slightly sinister turn today when after playing along and pretending to download teamviewer.com as requested , the caller got quite aggressive and read out my home address, suggesting that they were outside.Now we have only moved into a new apartment six weeks ago so I can't fathom how they got hold of this information. Could they be getting the information from upc ,since they are the only utility that would have my change of address currently?

What can I do here, firstly to stop the calls and secondly to see how these con-artists were able to access my private details?
                  Getting a few aswell. If you google your number with UPC it shows up your name & address so that's where they get it from. I don't bother answering but haven't looked into doing anything about it yet.

Comment

Someone do that thing for Nuck there will ye...
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Strewels heroine clearly going senile
                      Dame Helen Mirren has declared that when a man puts an arm around his girlfriend, it's 'like ownership'. What's a man to do, asks Martin Daubney

just when you thought the everyday etiquette of how men are expected to integrate with women couldn’t get any more confusing, Dame Helen Mirren has announced, of all things, that cuddling is sexist.

Speaking yesterday to the Mail On Sunday’s You magazine, Mirren, 70, said: “It annoys me when I see men with an arm slung around their girlfriend’s shoulders. It’s like ownership. Of course, when you’re young, you want the guy to take your hand and look after you.
                      But when I see girls being leaned on, I want to say, ‘tell him to get his damned arm off your shoulder’.”

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Yup. It's just a straightforward bribe to get IW's database filled so they know who they're dealing with (and not dealing with).

yes but a free €100 for non Irish water customer LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                          yes but a free €100 for non Irish water customer LOL
                          Yeah but that's useful for them too! Realistically there's probably no real telemetry of the system, lads just 'tapping into the mains' on one-off builds left right and centre around the country for years. Knowing who isn't physically connected to the system is worth knowing!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                            Could someone please randomly match the numbers 1-10 twice against this list please? Should leave each number with two teams.

Comment

Nice one mcnugget!!

Here's hoping for #7 for the bants!
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Divert your number to Dublin Zoo, or Domino's for a day or two.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

My mate got a camera up the hole yesterday, said the Doctor looked like Stephen Spielberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

They will have a rather significant database when they are done, GPS locations of all the registered customers along with PPS/mobile/landline/email addresses.
                                    Strange they don't ask for your eircode though ?

Sure it can only be good in the long run....
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

AMA over in the other place, Now Ye're Talking - to a Commercial Diver

I am sure will appeal to a few here.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        My mate got a camera up the hole yesterday, said the Doctor looked like Stephen Spielberg.
                                        Doctor remaking The Color Purple? At least it was a camera and not Schindlers Fist...
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Raiders of the lost arse

Comment

I'm official BBV jenga world champion.
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Hape of mushrooms to cut ? ?

SPOILER
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm glad to see Frankie Boyle isn't straying into the territory of being funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    had one of those down my throat. didn't enjoy it. Deep throat.

Comment

Only catching up on emails now, I see I got my one plus invite and has expired

Has anyone got one plus two yet?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        had one of those down my throat. didn't enjoy it. Deep throat.
                                                        I hope you were first shrap.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                          I hope you were first shrap.
                                                          always!

Comment

G'wan The Bull.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Sometimes I think about how easy it would be to groom young men to receive & accept a customer service role within any e-payment receiving operation. All you'd gotta do is take a few hundred screenschots of a/c info per day and send to my dodgy account whereby your deets would be entered into a CRM system ready fro the fraud team to take over in the morning.
                                                              Then redirect calls to show a varying area-code and piss through the list of potential mugs until one bites out of frustration or idiocy. Would love to know what the strike rate is here.

So I suppose forward to Fraud Detection Team of UPC asking to confirm requests. Then any Fraud Detection team worth their salt can offer the best advice. CC The local Guards* for added affect and to expedite the issue

Disclaimer: *Do not do this as Fraud detection,investigation or prevention is not thought in Templemore. You will only add to the length of the process as they scramble to find the appropriate expert.

Just comply with any investigations and hopefully await a favourable result

Comment

Good question for you lot here.

Some lad down here has an 11 month accum finishing this weekend. It was Ardfert to win the Intermediate all ireland @ 10/3. Win. Patriots to win superbowl @ 4/1. Win. And Kerry for the all ireland @ 7/2. Pending. He stuck €100 on it so he's looking at close to €10k if Kerry do it.

What's the best way to maximise payout here. He'll obviously be putting a bit on the draw and a Dublin win but how much should he be punting for maximum returns?

I don't know this guy. Just interested to hear people's onions on the best ways to lock in a nice profit.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Some lad down here has an 11 month accum finishing this weekend. It was Ardfert to win the Intermediate all ireland @ 10/3. Win. Patriots to win superbowl @ 4/1. Win. And Kerry for the all ireland @ 7/2. Pending. He stuck €100 on it so he's looking at close to €10k if Kerry do it.

What's the best way to maximise payout here. He'll obviously be putting a bit on the draw and a Dublin win but how much should he be punting for maximum returns?

I don't know this guy. Just interested to hear people's onions on the best ways to lock in a nice profit.
                                                                  DUBS ARE BEST PRICED 4/5win outright just lump 5k on them win 4900 if Kerry win 9k if dubs win.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Me and Earl and the Dying Girl doing the rounds fantastic movie check it out.
                                                                    I caught something in the Fringe festival that may interest you as a photographer, it was enjoyable (ends tomorrow). He takes 36 shots of (mostly) people over 12 seconds and puts them in a flipbook.

Comment

Either let it ride or have a monkey on Kerry.

Comment

Forget about the draw, it's an outright bet so there's no draw option. I'd probably level the book up and enjoy the match, but there's no right or wrong way of doing it as long as he gets best price on Dublin.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

He has no reason to waste money on the draw would he?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                            Either let it ride or have a monkey on Kerry.
                                                                            That's the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              He has no reason to waste money on the draw would he?
                                                                              Like I said I don't know this chap but surely the draw is a possibility in this game?

As was said. 5k on dublin probably the optimum bet?

Comment

Keane did you or Careca do your write up for Sunday? No Kerry cuteness here either I'd be fascinated to hear your take on it
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Like I said I don't know this chap but surely the draw is a possibility in this game?

As was said. 5k on dublin probably the optimum bet?
                                                                                  Yeah but if he backed Kerry to win the All Ireland it was outright so the result of this game doesn't matter a jot, just the eventual outright winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                    DUBS ARE BEST PRICED 4/5win outright just lump 5k on them win 4900 if Kerry win 9k if dubs win.
                                                                                    Sorry win 4 k of dubs win.
                                                                                    Obv be nice as kerry supporter to have more if they win

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                      Forget about the draw, it's an outright bet so there's no draw option. .
                                                                                      Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Yeah but if he backed Kerry to win the All Ireland it was outright so the result of this game doesn't matter a jot, just the eventual outright winner.
                                                                                      Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      ask him why he included Kerry to lift Sam in the bet if he was going to turn into a pussy once they had the chance to do it.

Of course there is a draw option, he now has more information and a definite green up situation, cover all bases ?

I never understood the "well it wasn't your original bet" argument.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

If he considered backing the draw he most likely doesn't have a spare 5k to lay out so will be letting it ride in any case.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                          Keane did you or Careca do your write up for Sunday? No Kerry cuteness here either I'd be fascinated to hear your take on it
                                                                                          I didn't bother in the end.

A quick insight would be that I doubt we will push up on the kick outs.

Despite the lampooning, Mayo's tactic of let Cooper have the ball day1 was super effective. Dublin had 27 attacks in that game versus a season average of 43 (including that game).

I suspect we'll try the same trick, and possibly have discreet periods earmarked for pushing up 'unexpectedly', like maybe five or ten minutes before half time.

Mayo's midfield dominance and tactics that day were worth 39 attacks to them. If we can manage something similar it's up the steps of the Hogan Stand.

I think Dublin will still manage to win the same amount of ball if we push up, the difference being that our turnovers will be more dangerous, but the possession Dublin win will be a lot more dangerous too.

I think if it's a highly structured game we win, so I'd be inclined to take the low risk, let it out to Cooper approach and set up along the 45. If you want to try carrying it out past Johnny Buckley best of luck, if you want to kick it in we should be able to get a decent set up with Mahony patrolling in front of the sticks.

Broken play to use a phrase would suit Dublin. I also think 'pushing up' essentially means following the Dublin half forward line all over the place which allows Dublin to dictate our shape. I don't think we will do that.

Comment

Of course there is a draw option, he now has more information and a definite green up situation, cover all bases ?
                                                                                            When was the last time the Sam Maguire was shared?
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

ask him why he included Kerry to lift Sam in the bet if he was going to turn into a pussy once they had the chance to do it.
                                                                                              Exactly. What's the point in doing an accumulator in this case?

You're betting with less info and generally getting poor value with an accumulator bet so if it's not about the big score what's the point??

Just place the bets individually for what you can afford from your sports betting bankroll if you're going to close it out as soon as you're closing in on a big payout.

Maybe it's about the months of talking about your bet down the pub but it's mug betting then surely. As for closing it out that's a very simple maths calculation to optimise the payout regardless of the result. I much prefer Rounders proposal. Billy Big Balls that Rounders.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                When was the last time the Sam Maguire was shared?
                                                                                                In 70mins ?

Ok, didnt see it was an outright.

makes it an easier cover then.
                                                                                                Last edited by oleras; 18-09-15, 19:05.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

It would be nice to be a high roller and let 10k ride on a single result rather than guarantee ~4.5k profit.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Lol https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...99253033675491

Comment

I don't know this person.

Was just curious myself.

Comment

Is the new no resetting scrums starting tonight ?
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Del Amitri 'Nothing ever happens' just came on my shuffle.

Choon.

Comment

Any day 1 PES 2016 players here?

Been PES my whole life and this is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                              Exactly. What's the point in doing an accumulator in this case?

You're betting with less info and generally getting poor value with an accumulator bet so if it's not about the big score what's the point??

Just place the bets individually for what you can afford from your sports betting bankroll if you're going to close it out as soon as you're closing in on a big payout.
                                                                                                              Everyone is different, for this guy 4k might be a huge score.

Dobby tell him there is no optimal strategy, he should just back dublin at best price for as much as he feels comfortable.

Comment

TV 3 commentator doesn't even realise it's a penalty try. Good start.

Comment

Is the new no resetting scrums starting tonight ?
                                                                                                                  No, that's only in the top 14.

Comment

Rugby should adapt the cricket mantra of only letting decent sides in the world cup. Fairly boring having a month of group games where the chances of an upset is less than 5% in half the games. Has to be one of the worst sports for lack of surprise results.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Not sure I like this over refereeing tbh.

Comment

what are you on about GAB?

rugby has started well in terms of reffing - clear direction to take no shite whatsoever. Hopefully it leads to a bunch of decent games.

Fiji will be dead on their feet by 50 mins.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          Not sure I like this over refereeing tbh.
                                                                                                                          no, it's good - it will help the attacking teams
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X