Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can we vote for Tyson Fury to win BBC SPOTY? Will be excellent popcorn stuff if he does

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Where can we vote for Tyson Fury to win BBC SPOTY? Will be excellent popcorn stuff if he does
        I've Murray backed at 14/1 so i'd rather you didn't

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 08-12-15, 12:50.

Comment

BBVs first death. RIP Emmet.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              BBVs first death. RIP Emmet.
              Where's he gone?

Unfortunately, all joking aside. I'd imagine the BBV has had a death or two since it was started up in the old place.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                  Where's he gone?

Unfortunately, all joking aside. I'd imagine the BBV has had a death or two since it was started up in the old place.
                  yep . RIP

Jumbo threads are being closed to reduce the load on the site. Welcome to the new BBV thread. :)

Comment

Had a major *RAGE* moment earlier when I went to buy my old fellow a voucher for some hotel he wants for xmas. Website has no option to purchase printable voucher, asks for five fucking quid to send it via An Post.

Immediately had rage compounded when I tried to buy a Ryanair gift card for someone straight after only to have their website tell me the name on the gift card must exactly match the name on the recipient's passport.

SPOILER

Comment

Get them cash - comes in a variety of styles & colours, has no expiry date and is accepted in all major retail outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Get them cash - comes in a variety of styles & colours, has no expiry date and is accepted in all major retail outlets.
                        I would literally burn that hotel to the ground before I'd give them a fiver to put an envelope in the post, scamming shower of cunce.

Comment

Comment

Get them Whiskey - comes in a variety of styles & colours, has no expiry date and is accepted by fathers in all major households.

Comment

My soon to be two year old son is with Daddy for two whole days whilst his mudder
                              is off workavanting. Can be difficult at times to get him off to sleep. So, I'm grateful to Louis Van Gall in this instance. Sit the wee man on me lap, turn on the United game and we'll both be asleep in seconds. Thank you Louis for helping me catch up on hours of sofa sleep these past few weeks. The kid usually shouts 'goal' when any sport comes on but he stays silent when United are on. Luckily he hasn't quite copied the, 'knock it forward for fucks sake' comments I tend to use during the torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                I would literally burn that hotel to the ground before I'd give them a fiver to put an envelope in the post, scamming shower of cunce.
                                Roughly (ball park). How long did you actually work with Strewelpeter.?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  You don't know your dads name?!
                                  The Ryanair voucher is for someone else. For two people to split actually which makes the whole thing even more tilting as this means you actually have to buy two separate vouchers in what was meant to be a communal gift.

And that's not the point anyway, the point is there's no reason why the gift card name has to match any fucking thing. It's just a scam giving people a way to fuck up so they can wangle out of honouring the gift later.

The gift card should basically be a code they send me on a nice piece of paper to give to someone else to apply at the checkout when they are making a purchase. You know, like every other gift card in the world (except the ones they only send out by an post for 20x the cost of a stamp).
                                  Last edited by Keane; 08-12-15, 14:47.

Comment

You don't know your dads name?!
                                    very common in Kerry.

Comment

I see that after Private Eye's interesting piece in the current issue on the dozens of murders that Gerry Adams personally authorised on the word of Freddie and the Nutting Squad interest in the subject is finally starting to get a bit of traction.

No good guys on either side, from what little sense I can make of it, the murderous cynicism of British Intelligence makes Adams and his army council buddies look like a bunch of gormless fools playing at real mens games. Between all sides they managed to get an awful lot of relatively innocent freedom fighters buried in the bog. Which could be seen by some as a not wholly bad thing.

In fairness as mass murderers with an ability for surviving long past their sell by dates go, Scappaticci puts Grizzly Adams in the ha'penny place
                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-12-15, 14:53.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                        very common in Kerry.
                                        I'd rather be common in Kerry than common in Dublin any day of the week.

Comment

There is no worse present than a gift voucher tied to any business.

If you have to give a voucher make it a book token or a one for all.

Comment

I'd rather be common in Kerry than common in Dublin any day of the week.
                                            I used to hear this all the time in Coppers . It's kind of heartbreaking poor craters

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              That's ridiculous, no way they should already have charged your card for something not on its way to you. I'd cancel the order on general principal, even if it ended up costing more to get the same item somewhere else.
                                              Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              Was it a different model to this one that's still in stock? Stupid question I know, but I am confused http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-4...samsung&image=
                                              When they rang they asked did I want to cancel the order but the deal was too good to pass up on. That's not the TV it's pretty much the same bar a few different specs, was reduced to €550 from 700-800.
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                Where's he gone?

Nowhere yet but he has jinxed himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                  I used to hear this all the time in Coppers . It's kind of heartbreaking poor craters
                                                  I didn't realise Coppers was around during the famine

Comment

Get them Eurozone vouchers.

Comment

HYPE HYPE HYPE

On Episode 1 of UFC 194 Embedded, middleweight champion Chris Weidman talks fashion, friendship and fights during a media day in New York City. On the other ...

Comment

If anyone thought I was asking for advice on what presents to buy kindly reassess.

Comment

Need to look at pictures of the Maldives to calm down.

Actually also got news that the company are giving us all extra days off from January 1st, amounts to 3 per year for me which is a nice touch.

Rage... subsiding...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I quite like getting restaurant vouchers. Good excuse to go somewhere I haven't tried rather than just sticking to the same old places.

I am getting my sister a voucher for her favourite hair dressers in Dublin. She moved back to Sligo and doesn't get out enough so really am just going to make her take a weekend off and come to Dublin, go for dinner and will see what concerts are on.

I presume the reason Keane was giving the hotel voucher was because he wants his Dad to head off and have a nice weekend away but knows he wont organise it himself.

A well chosen voucher is a good present but a generic buy yourself something from this one shop is pretty crap. Also a book token - lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                I quite like getting restaurant vouchers. Good excuse to go somewhere I haven't tried rather than just sticking to the same old places.

I am getting my sister a voucher for her favourite hair dressers in Dublin. She moved back to Sligo and doesn't get out enough so really am just going to make her take a weekend off and come to Dublin, go for dinner and will see what concerts are on.

I presume the reason Keane was giving the hotel voucher was because he wants his Dad to head off and have a nice weekend away but knows he wont organise it himself.

A well chosen voucher is a good present but a generic buy yourself something from this one shop is pretty crap. Also a book token - lol
                                                                to be honest, i'd much rather an amazon voucher than 75% of the presents i get.

Comment

I'd rather a fivers gift voucher for Tesco than more socks.

Comment

Christ almighty how are you always wrong about everything?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      I'd rather a fivers gift voucher for Tesco than more socks.
                                                                      Not me I love getting socks since I never think of going to buy my own.

Comment

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it m8

Comment

Christ almighty how are you always wrong about everything?
                                                                          A gift voucher for a hotel does seem mad, the closure/liquidation rate in a year must be touching 5%. Even a change of ownership can fuck you.

Comment

Why do dishwashers machines feel a need to so annoyingly announce they are finished washing your dishes? Every time with that persistent beeping at the end that continues if you don't open the door. As if everyone in the house is waiting breathlessly for the washing cycle to finish. Just wash the fcking dishes and shut up about it.
                                                                            Clearly a feature added to appease the nagging wives so they know when to commence the nagging. The sooner I train the child to empty the dishwasher the better!
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Every so often I just bin all my socks and buy 20 new identical pairs, so I hate anyone buying me socks as I know I'll never wear them. I have a supply of white socks as well for runners and shorts wear, but that's a different category entirely although it does bug me that I have to make an effort to pair them.

Comment

A gift voucher for a hotel does seem mad, the closure/liquidation rate in a year must be touching 5%. Even a change of ownership can fuck you.
                                                                                I liquidated a retail shop in the eighties that was turning over about £2M per year. I can't remember the exact numbers but there was a shocking liability in unredeemed vouchers ... maybe about 100K. I remember the liquidator telling me that almost noone came to him looking to redeem them, not that they would have got anything anyway.

Buying dedicated vouchers is exactly the same as giving your money to the retailer and allowing them to put whatever terms and conditions they want to on it. If you want to buy someone a holiday or a meal buy them a fucking holiday or a meal, don't pay some random retailer in advance and let them own the value.
                                                                                Surprised at a cute kerry hoor like Keane being so dumb with money

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                  Clearly a feature added to appease the nagging wives so they know when to commence the nagging. The sooner I train the child to empty the dishwasher the better!
                                                                                  Tried that. Severalteen broken glasses later I'm doing it again.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Every so often I just bin all my socks and buy 20 new identical pairs, so I hate anyone buying me socks as I know I'll never wear them. I have a supply of white socks as well for runners and shorts wear, but that's a different category entirely although it does bug me that I have to make an effort to pair them.
                                                                                    You can buy 5 pairs for €3 in tesco now and they are perfectly fine socks. When I'm travelling I just leave them behind me rather than pay n times the price of the socks to have them cleaned.

Comment

You can buy 5 pairs for €3 in tesco now and they are perfectly fine socks. When I'm travelling I just leave them behind me rather than pay n times the price of the socks to have them cleaned.
                                                                                      You'll never make it to the top echelons of the HHE with this attitude.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Water protester mongs blocking roads in town, police should get the water cannons out for the laugh. If they put half as much effort into finding work as blocking others from getting home from work I'm sure their perspective on things would change a bit.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Maldives is on my list for sure, could spend hours on google images.

SPOILER

Diving is meant to be insanely good.

Comment

Question in smart watches. Do you need the same brand as phone? With a friend and she wanting to buy one for her husband.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Question in smart watches. Do you need the same brand as phone? With a friend and she wanting to buy one for her husband.

Cheers
                                                                                              Pretty sure any Android watch will work with any Android phone.

Comment

For the ecig debaters we have here - Chemical flavorings found in e-cigarettes linked to lung disease

Comment

First rashers now this

Comment

Diving is great in the Maldives. A tip on choosing the island is to make sure it has a house reef which means you can just walk out the shore and dive when you want rather than relying on boat times. Also mean snorkelling is really good.

Water cabins are not great if your a light sleeper as if the waves pick up the noise can interrupt your sleep.

Comment

This song was off of Ferris Buller's Day Off.
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                        LOL they changed the article title. The old, misleading one is still in the URL. You'd think Harvard of all organisations would be better at making accurate press-releases and papers that are hard to pick holes in. You'd certainly think they would give a shit about silly things like data quality:

Methods: We selected 51 types of flavored e-cigarettes sold by leading e-cigarette brands and flavors we deemed were appealing to youth.
                                                                                                        Read: We cherry-picked our samples to guarantee the best possible results. There are literally thousands of manufactures and thousands of flavours of eCig. But there's absolutely no need to mention that in the paper or the press release, is there?

Acetoin is not currently known to be toxic in any form, but don't let that stop you, lads. It's similar to Diacetyl therefore it must be toxic, why else would we include it in our tests?

Meanwhile the eCig community has known about Diacetyl for >5 years now and the vast majority of manufacturers no longer use it for flavouring. It is of course worrying that some manufacturers are still using it despite the concerns, but let's not get carried away here.
                                                                                                        Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 08-12-15, 18:35.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                            What was their take on the rising?
                                                                                                            storm in a teacup, bag of cans would have sorted it
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Had a major *RAGE* moment earlier when I went to buy my old fellow a voucher for some hotel he wants for xmas. Website has no option to purchase printable voucher, asks for five fucking quid to send it via An Post.

Immediately had rage compounded when I tried to buy a Ryanair gift card for someone straight after only to have their website tell me the name on the gift card must exactly match the name on the recipient's passport.

SPOILER
                                                                                                              SP junior.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                storm in a teacup, bag of cans would have sorted it
                                                                                                                better or worse than jcb?
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                                  Heading to http://www.innovationshowcase.ie/ tomorrow and wanted some type of equity calculator. Know of any decent ones?
                                                                                                                  Did you find the event useful?

Not sure about running it every year... seems excessive and Im really tired now! Still though we had a busy morning and might pick up a few clients out of it.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                  Preparing for my interview with SFI on Thursday and this morning the government announce a new science funding strategy that addresses all of the points I was going to bring up. Basically left with nothing to say now!
                                                                                                                  I haven't read it yet. Is it worth reading (in particular in the context of the current capital grant).
                                                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Lol United. Ffs

Comment

Fix that Jesus probably my favourite moment from the two series

spoiler alert clip from leftovers finale but not a spoiler as such...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Why do dishwashers machines feel a need to so annoyingly announce they are finished washing your dishes? Every time with that persistent beeping at the end that continues if you don't open the door. As if everyone in the house is waiting breathlessly for the washing cycle to finish. Just wash the fcking dishes and shut up about it.
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        I remember when I was renting and my married friends used to go on about emptying the dishwasher. I was thinking "ye lazy, posh cunce, giving out about emptying the dishwasher and I having to do them all by hand". Now I feel their pain.

Comment

LVG is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X