X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiki
    The Dromcollogher Carnival[edit]
    Every year in early July the town comes alive with one of the best street festivals in Co Limerick. With activities for young and old, people keep coming back year after year. The festival has been running for over 74 years and is always adding new events. Activities range from a 4km run, to a Harley Davidson parade, to live street bands.

However, the majority of the residents of Dromcollogher believe the current carnival is an outdated, badly organized & badly run attempt to regain the 'glory days' of the 80's & early 90's when the carnival was a success. It is an embarrassment to the town every July & sullies the good name of this beautiful village. It needs to be stopped.
    lolz
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
      well done to dom on conserving water.

My school bag broke, zipper. RIP, had that bag a good ten years.
      Skipping school to grieve.

Where is a good place to have a nap in the city? Doubt I'd manage it, can't just close my eyes and sleep like some cunce.
      I'm unmetered though so I don't need to conserve anything.

You can get zips fixed you know. You should look into hiring a zipologist.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        I just got paid the 'water conservation grant' straight into my bank account. It really is a ridiculous sop.
        i'm unmetered and paying 60 quid a quarter i think for a family of five (3 kids obv). Got twhe €100 paid yesterday into my account - so total cost for the year will be about €140. 2 Friends of mine who with similar family dinamics are paying 25-35 quid a quarter. Now they may well be very frugal with it but still, that doesn't hold weight with the 'right to water' campaign's theory that it'll end up costing 3k per year if uncapped.

Am i missing something here?

Comment

Happy Smurphday Smurph.

Comment

Anything good on for culture night this evening?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
              i'm unmetered and paying 60 quid a quarter i think for a family of five (3 kids obv). Got twhe €100 paid yesterday into my account - so total cost for the year will be about €140. 2 Friends of mine who with similar family dinamics are paying 25-35 quid a quarter. Now they may well be very frugal with it but still, that doesn't hold weight with the 'right to water' campaign's theory that it'll end up costing 3k per year if uncapped.

Charges are capped currently so don't really bear reality. But even still right2water are full of shite.

My dad's house has used Q1 - 33.2m^3 and Q2 - 30.6 m^3 so far.
              Lets be OTT and call it 150 m^3 per year.

I pay for my water in UK.

£40 Water Supply Standing Charge
              £20 Waste Water Standing Charge

153.57p per m^3 of supplied water
              95.11p per m^3 of waste water.

Using these numbers , my dad's annual bill would be

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Anything good on for culture night this evening?
                I found last year that the really good niche events are booking only and are gone in advance.
                After that the popular well known events have people queueing around the block.
                Leaving just the garbage.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Outside of bizarro world Dublin, these are what is known as normal size beginner apartments.
                  I bet if you went a looked at Una Mullally's tweets she's condemning this in-between her posts condemning homelessness.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    I found last year that the really good niche events are booking only and are gone in advance.

Yeah 100%. The people who are queuing up for stuff that's just free for the night are lunatics. Only worth going to something that's only open for that day.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

Nope. Their argument stacks up on precisely zero levels.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I just got paid the 'water conservation grant' straight into my bank account. It really is a ridiculous sop.
                        I got it too. Agreed a suitable use would be funding the drinks portion of a big meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          This is the important bit there
                          Would it be feasible to put together a lobby group and object to anything that wasn't max height?

"We want to lodge an objection about this 5 storey building...that it isn't 6 stories!"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Would it be feasible to put together a lobby group and object to anything that wasn't max height?

"We want to lodge an objection about this 5 storey building...that it isn't 6 stories!"
                            If it's got 'Anti' in the title I know a guy...

Comment

Yeah left it too late for that booking stuff so will be giving it a miss.

Comment

And everyone is entitled to the grant, even if your not a Irish water customer. LOL

€100 free

Comment

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl doing the rounds fantastic movie check it out.
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    Me and Earl and the Dying Girl doing the rounds fantastic movie check it out.
                                    Did you cry?

Comment

Yeah left it too late for that booking stuff so will be giving it a miss.
                                      Me and Riggs are going to the Croke Park experience in between bouts of drinking and gambling. Outlook is drunk with a high chance of Nandos. Will be pure culture.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I think you are a bit, there is so much open that if you just wander around to some of the smaller places they usually aren't that busy. Possibly helped last year in that it started pissing rain and soft cunce fucked off home.

Helps if you are easily amused (Y)

Edit: worse comes to worst, just for pints (Y).
                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 18-09-15, 11:41.

Comment

Did you cry?
                                          Got pretty choked up.
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Could someone please randomly match the numbers 1-10 twice against this list please? Should leave each number with two teams.

Also could someone different please randomly match numbers 1-16 against this list please?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              Me and Riggs are going to the Croke Park experience in between bouts of drinking and gambling. Outlook is drunk with a high chance of Nandos. Will be pure culture.

It's my one cultured night a year, so need to pack everything in.

Comment

Does the Indo Journo Gene Kerrigan have anything worth buying?

It's a gift for a family member.

Comment

I think you are a bit, there is so much open that if you just wander around to some of the smaller places they usually aren't that busy. Possibly helped last year in that it started pissing rain and soft cunce fucked off home.

Helps if you are easily amused (Y)

Edit: worse comes to worst, just for pints (Y).
                                                  Yep, the rain was fun last year.
                                                  Wandered into a few art galleries and workshops in Temple Bar area, had absolutely no idea what/why I was looking at though. * watch avril make a plastic brooch *, * see Garys collection of tat *.

Comment

Yep, the rain was fun last year.
                                                    Wandered into a few art galleries and workshops in Temple Bar area, had absolutely no idea what/why I was looking at though. * watch avril make a plastic brooch *, * see Garys collection of tat *.
                                                    They really need to put a monument up in the spot where the man slipped on the ice. A bronze figure in full slip.

Something we can all enjoy.

Comment

A mate of mine said there are tickets for Sunday on the Croke park premium ticket exchange. Have no links but I am sure one can google it.
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                        A mate of mine said there are tickets for Sunday on the Croke park premium ticket exchange. Have no links but I am sure one can google it.
                                                        You need to be a member of the exchange first, membership has been sold out for a while now.

Comment

The Little Museum of Dublin on Stephens Green beside Dawson St was interesting enough, and no queueing just after 5pm last year.

Comment

Back from a class 2 weeks in Sharm el Sheikh.

Had very limited access to WiFi so cliffs of the last 2 weeks please?

Also any sweepstakes/comps I can still enter let me know.

Comment

Deffo the most expensive Ecig juice I bought but cant wait to try this!

any ecig users out there , this is a great site and they have 20% off till sunday using the code 20feckinlovely

Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Yeah 100%. The people who are queuing up for stuff that's just free for the night are lunatics. Only worth going to something that's only open for that day.
                                                                Went to a masonic lodge last year, disappointed I wasn't tapped up

Comment

The Little Museum of Dublin on Stephens Green beside Dawson St was interesting enough, and no queueing just after 5pm last year.
                                                                  http://www.culturenight.ie/dublin_ev...eum-of-dublin/
                                                                  Indeed, meant to mention that. Tours on the hour - so turn up just before.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

any ecig users out there , this is a great site and they have 20% off till sunday using the code 20feckinlovely

http://republicofvape.ie/
                                                                    ecigs going the way of craft beers?

Comment

ecigs going the way of craft beers?
                                                                      It's been aged in an oak barrel for 3 weeks you philistine

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                                                            Dare I ask, what kind of local professional?
                                                                            Heritage architect, or architectural technologist.

Comment

Snipped grimballs rambling
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 18-09-15, 14:18.

Comment

That is why I will give away like half my money, it's not doing enough but fucvk it I still like to live too.

Also here are some cognitive biases, which do you exhibit, which do you hate?

I think recency bias is definitely big for me, hmm. Hate availability and cluster.

Comment

murica, apparently taking nude selfies underage will land you in serious trouble now, you pedo

Comment

http://republicofvape.ie/
                                                                                    Any recommendations to someone about to buy first e-cig? The time has come to admit to myself I'm not capable of quitting cold turkey. Tired of going around the same circles.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                      Any recommendations to someone about to buy first e-cig? The time has come to admit to myself I'm not capable of quitting cold turkey. Tired of going around the same circles.
                                                                                      Go to that site. Get istick 20w and mini nautilus tank. Use that discount code. Less than 50 quid. Thank me later
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Go to that site. Get istick 20w and mini nautilus tank. Use that discount code. Less than 50 quid. Thank me later
                                                                                        Had the same advice from Michelle a few weeks ago and am very happy with the results.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                            Had the same advice from Michelle a few weeks ago and am very happy with the results.
                                                                                            Have you been fully off the smokes since? Any flavour recommendations?

Comment

where do you live, might be a B&M shop near by as I would recommended trying samples first, also what brand and how many cigs do you smoke per day?

Create your own free ecommerce store with Freewebstore. Build your free online store, add your own products and start making your fortune with a free website powered by our free ecommerce software.

sample packs here , sweet or tobacco.
                                                                                              Last edited by SatNav; 18-09-15, 14:04.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Been off them since yeah. Had a few smokes while drunk but wouldn't go near one sober.

No recommendations on liquid tbh, still trying different ones out and haven't found anything I was particularly mad about. I would note that the ones with the higher amounts of nicotine (i.e. 18mg+) make me feel not great.

Also worth noting that there are two types of liquid - PG & VG - not sure what the difference is exactly but I found the PG ones irritated my skin pretty badly, apparently they have that effect on some people.

Comment

I see Hungary have truck mounted machine guns in place now on their croatian border won't be long now till someone opens up on a crowd, fcking hell what a place to be stuck,Serbs and Croats not exactly known for the clad mile failte are they

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                    Heritage architect, or architectural technologist.
                                                                                                    They sound like the expensive types...

We've found a solution... The vendor thinks it was built around 1910. No reason for me to think any different so. Managed to get a quote for home insurance on that basis, therefore will be able to draw down the mortgage.

of course... if at some stage I discover the vendor was wrong, I will update the insurance to have it correct.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                                                                                      They sound like the expensive types...

We've found a solution... The vendor thinks it was built around 1910. No reason for me to think any different so. Managed to get a quote for home insurance on that basis, therefore will be able to draw down the mortgage.

of course... if at some stage I discover the vendor was wrong, I will update the insurance to have it correct.

All well and good until you need to be paid out when something bad happens.

Insurance companies are as we know actually just bookies - they calculate the odds of something happening and price it accordingly. The difference is that when you look to be paid out by them i.e. when something really shitty has happened, their attitude is to take your winning (life losing) docket and say to you 'OK I can see that this terrible thing has happened to you but instead of just paying out we are going to spend three weeks trawling through the small print to see if there is any possible way, no matter how ridiculous or convoluted, that will allow us off the hook
                                                                                                      Lowest form of commercial life IMO.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

where do you live, might be a B&M shop near by as I would recommended trying samples first, also what brand and how many cigs do you smoke per day?

Create your own free ecommerce store with Freewebstore. Build your free online store, add your own products and start making your fortune with a free website powered by our free ecommerce software.

sample packs here , sweet or tobacco.
                                                                                                              Thanks, I live in Galway and there's a few ecig stores around so I can pick up a few different flavours. Smoke about 12 Camel Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                M'Lud, on behalf of our esteemed insurance company clients, may i present Exhibit A: 108 posts on the fascinating topic of beekeeping, and two posts expressing some doubt as to the solidity of their house's age estimate.
                                                                                                                At least I'm not dumb enough to post under my real name...

...I said... "AT LEAST I'M...

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                                                  And everyone is entitled to the grant, even if your not a Irish water customer. LOL

€100 free
                                                                                                                  Ah they're not quite that dumb. You have to be registered with Irish Water to get the grant.

Not 'be registered and actually have paid your water bills' but still.....

Comment

Thanks, I live in Galway and there's a few ecig stores around so I can pick up a few different flavours. Smoke about 12 Camel Blue.
                                                                                                                    There is actually a very good Ecig shop in Galway city, ill get the name for u. Stay away from healthier smoke and green smoke etc. Their juice is rank. Start off on 12mg nic . When buying mini nautilus pick up maybe 5 extra coils as the coils burn put every few weeks. Only 2.50 each.

Don't forget discount code on checkout 20feckinlovely

When all arrives pm. And I'll explain how to get it all up and running

Galway :
                                                                                                                    Probably Kix Michelle its off Shop street down the end near McDonaghs chipper, if Pete is Around he will see ya Right Failing That theres one on Eglington Street down the side if Brown Thomas but They know How to Charge €€€ big style ��
                                                                                                                    Last edited by SatNav; 18-09-15, 15:23.
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      Ah they're not quite that dumb. You have to be registered with Irish Water to get the grant.

Not 'be registered and actually have paid your water bills' but still.....
                                                                                                                      yes, You have to be registered. but not a Irish water customer

I am not an Irish Water customer – I have my own well and septic tank/sewerage system or I am on a group water scheme– can I avail of the grant?
                                                                                                                      You will be eligible to apply for the grant as long as you registered your principal private residence (as on 30 June 2015) with Irish Water on or before the 30 June 2015.

Last edited by Frossach; 18-09-15, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                                        Could someone please randomly match the numbers 1-10 twice against this list please? Should leave each number with two teams.

Also could someone different please randomly match numbers 1-20 against this same list please?

Cheers.
                                                                                                                        Bumped and edited. Help please!

Comment

I only got a letter from them the other day saying I'm registered (never got around to signing up in my old place) am I too late to get my 100yoyos?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X