X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Radio is great
      BBC Radio 4 for speech then for music there are a few good programmes on Lyric and BBC Radio 3
      BBC 6 for pop and rock and Radio 2 for odd bits and pieces.
      Loads of great music and hardly an advert between the hole lot of them.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone here ever do aikido?

Comment

Portlaoise showing bottling of the highest order at the end of the game there, missed a sitter of a free and a shot from straight in front of the posts

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            @PSV probably no need to click on the actual article as the headline is enough to make you happy with the state of the world.

Bono pens song in honour of Paris victims
            That article wasn't rage inducing at all thought I'd be foaming given the headline
            Must have caught me on a good day

Comment

Comment

Much like a postman doesn't (typically) celebrate posting a letter, and a Mario doesn't celebrate scoring a goal. I won't be celebrating topping Danny's thank count.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Congrats Riggs. What's your next target?

Comment

Inner peace.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                      Portlaoise showing bottling of the highest order at the end of the game there, missed a sitter of a free and a shot from straight in front of the posts
                      calling ZOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                        Inner peace.
                        Something realistic would be better.

Comment

Inner peace.
                          mystery box?
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                            Out in the big smoke last night and have a vague memory of a very drunken New Approach getting carted out of the jackpot as I was entering the fine establishment.
                            I was looking forlornly through the window at you enjoying yourself. Decided against playing the "don't you know I have 3000 posts on an Internet forum" card at least

Comment

King Klopp

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                mystery box?
                                LIfe is like a mystery box

Comment

Just had my first mince pie of the season.

Anyone who says they can't stand them are just plain incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                    calling ZOD.
                                    Southsiders, m8. It doesn't count.
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Klopp flop stuns Kop
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

going to rte studios tuesday morning for 8am.
                                        planning on staying nearby monday night.
                                        Any decent hotels?

Comment

Any decent hotels?
                                          better off staying townside so you'll be against traffic going out to RTE in the morning. Burlington maybe?

Stillorgan park if you want closer.

Comment

Any decent hotels?
                                            Head to Coppers Monday night - some of the hospitals have a shift change that night, used to be ripe for the picking back in the day*. Take your pick of any that are UCD residents. Double bag. Free accomodation with a nice brisk walk to RTE to clear the head.

*Dont tell Mrs DP obv unless she is going along....
                                            Last edited by Dice75; 06-12-15, 18:45.

Comment

Any decent hotels?
                                              Radisson St. Helens 4 min drive one side and Double tree by Hilton Burlington 4 min drive other side. The former is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Head to Coppers Monday night - some of the hospitals have a shift change that night, used to be ripe for the picking back in the day*. Take your pick of any that are UCD residents. Double bag. Free accomodation with a nice brisk walk to RTE to clear the head.

*Dont tell Mrs DP obv unless she is going along....
                                                haha mrs dp coming along
                                                Late Late interview with will ferrell and marky mark prerecorded tuesday

Comment

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJKiJD6PuNk
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

haha mrs dp coming along
                                                    Late Late interview with will ferrell and marky mark prerecorded tuesday
                                                    At 8am?

Comment

At 8am?
                                                      surprised me too

Radisson Blu booked

Comment

At 8am?
                                                        Happens quite a bit actually. They're obviously doing the tour for their new film and this is the only time they can do an interview with Irish Telly. Tubs snaps at the chance as opposed to sending some young wan from network two out to the shelbourne for a minuter.

Comment

would any of our cousins have a good copy of sicario or bit early?

Comment

Watching that CERN thing Lazare. Can't be dealing with the American bird.

Comment

surprised me too

Radisson Blu booked
                                                              I hope they are amusing. Room at this inn for a man and his pregnant wife.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                would any of our cousins have a good copy of sicario or bit early?
                                                                Not that I could I find
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

you wouldnt download a car

Comment

you wouldnt download a car
                                                                    A clown car, I'd download a clown car.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

Mince pies are not all created equal.

Comment

Comment

Neil Robertson is very good at snooker
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                            Watching that CERN thing Lazare. Can't be dealing with the American bird.
                                                                            Yeah, she was annoying alright. Thought it was a great doc even though I'm still only slightly wiser about the whole thing.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The nfl is fantastic tonight!
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

100 yard return!
                                                                                Love the mental US adverts

Comment

100 yard return!
                                                                                  Love the mental US adverts
                                                                                  he will need to take the rest of game off he was out of steam!
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    The nfl is fantastic tonight!
                                                                                    eamo

Comment

Wow and again

Comment

Comment

fuck this is crazy, what a night of NFL
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

cliffs

Comment

fuck this is crazy, what a night of NFL
                                                                                              My (Cousins + Bryant) vs your (Williams + Beasley + 3.74 points) for our season long bet...

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                My (Cousins + Bryant) vs your (Williams + Beasley + 3.74 points) for our season long bet...
                                                                                                forgot about those! lets do it.
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Itsssssss Fight weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                    wait theres still 2 more weeks left to win or lose?
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

wait theres still 2 more weeks left to win or lose?
                                                                                                      Fuck, nice spot. Assumed it was the same setup as Boards

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

Mince implies beef pie which is win.

This is why Mince pies are shit.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                          Mince implies beef pie which is win.

This is why Mince pies are shit.
                                                                                                          I think I spent about 30 years turning them down because it just seemed weird to have cheap beef for desert when you could have ice-cream instead.
                                                                                                          They must be the most terribly named item ever.

Though even now that I know whats in them they seem very untempting.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            I think I spent about 30 years turning them down because it just seemed weird to have cheap beef for desert when you could have ice-cream instead.
                                                                                                            They must be the most terribly named item ever.

Though even now that I know whats in them they seem very untempting.
                                                                                                            They are shite tbf m8.

They are the trolls of the pie world. Possibly the only pie whose name is more appetising than the ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              They are shite tbf m8.

They are the trolls of the pie world. Possibly the only pie whose name is more appetising than the ingredients.
                                                                                                              I dunno, I think Steak and Kidney Pie might have that award pinned down. Cause theres nothing in there which even remotely qualifies as 'steak'.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                I dunno, I think Steak and Kidney Pie might have that award pinned down. Cause theres nothing in there which even remotely qualifies as 'steak'.
                                                                                                                True. At least mince pie has a story and history.

I'll stick to cottage and shepherds. Proper meals.

Comment

Currently at airport waiting on flight back to LA.

The 10 days have really flown by. As I think of my time in beijing, the thing I will miss most will be the food. There was a dish there that was easily my favorite which was Roasted Duck. The skin of which was crispy and had a sugary flavour that was sensational.

The other staggering thing was how cheap it was there. Apart from the flights and the accommodiation ( got a free upgrade to a suite which was nice ) it only cost me less than €300 for the 10 days I was there, which included
                                                                                                                  Meals for two including beer for the 10 nights, spa massage treatments, subway tickets, entrance fees to attractions, train tickets to great wall, etc... and other stuff I can't think of. All that and still have change to spare. In fairness should mention gf has state card that allows a discount on most things, which I severely abused

It is tricky getting around though I have to say, as the street names are in chinese symbols (proper name excapes my mind) so had no real clue where you are going, had a tourist map but it didn't have all the streets so it was guesswork and luck to find the places you would be aiming for.

Also chinese women are seriously cute there, and so many of them which is ridiculous. However sadly it was very cold here between 0 - 4 degrees, so everyone was wrapped up well. The security in Beijing seems a lot tighter than any country I have been to before, every time you have to take a subway or enter a major attraction you have to go through security and have your bag xrayed. I was frisked about 20 times over the 10 days I was there, and communicating is dodgy as fuck sometimes.

Saw all the usual tourist spots, forbidden City (great marketing name by the way to ensure people want to see it), white drogba, summer palace, Dali lama temple, temple of heavan, pipe street, Olympic villiage, etc... Personal favorite was Summer Palace, I could have spent 3 days there instead of the 3/4 day I did spend there. Place was beautiful, interesting history (not hard to be fair) and huge. There was about 1/2 mile archway walk from south palace to east palace that had roofing covered with individual paintings which, some showing native flowers, birds, and others showing scenes of chinese people featuring a snapshot of their lives, etc... All very cool.

Loved it All though, wouldn't say no to going back to china again (different city though I think).
                                                                                                                  Last edited by pokerhand; 07-12-15, 05:44.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

The booze-fueled run in to Christmas really gets into gear this week - think I have three nights in a row (Thur-Sat) of seasonal parties and get-togethers, and it's just as bad for the following two weeks.

Really need to weigh myself tonight and compare to the post-NYE me!

Comment

Facebook just sent me a reminder to "Drop out of school to become a cat", luckily, as I had forgotten.

Whoever was looking for the umbrella and looking into fultons, get an open/close one so you don't have to manually do it. I get unreasonably excited every time.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone here ever do aikido?
                                                                                                                      My sister does it, was at a 3 day event here over the weekend for it (doesn't live in dublin so may not be of use). Can field any questions if you need.

Comment

I've been up and about since 7, in the office for a few hours but it was only after my nth attempt to put my phone in my shirt pocket and failing numerous times to close the top button that I began to suspect something was wrong...
                                                                                                                        Then it got a bit like that ad on the radio where the mind is drifting all over the place and just occasionally drifts over the subject at hand:
                                                                                                                        Hmm this shirt did used to have a pocket didn't it.... I did buy two of them maybe one had a pocket and the other didn't... I took it from a hotel laundry package this morning maybe they gave me the wrong shirt back, no it looks like my shirt ... Hmm must check in the mirror later...

It was still another hour before I figured out I had the fucking thing on inside out. Sigh!

Comment

This morning, however, McElvaney has claimed that he knew RTÉ was trying to catch him out and that he was playing along as part of a counter-sting on the national broadcaster.

Genius to be fair

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X