X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Parents-in-law here since last Wednesday, how long do you reckon i'd get as no sign of them hitting the road...
      embrace it less shit to clean up
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Pearse Macauley receives 8 years for stabbing his wife (seperated) 17 times in front of their two young children and at one stage telling them to say goodbye to her. What a wonderful specimen of provo scum , thought so highly of by the current Sinn Fein leadership that he was collected in person by Martin Ferris on his release from being jailed for shooting Garda Jerry McCabe.

It really is astonishing that around 20 of Ferris and his ilk will be elected to Dail Eireann in the next General Election. Fine Gael obviously don't care as the more seats SF get the less FF are likely to get but why are Labour / FF not all over them every day of the week.

edit: I got called away while typing up post and a few got in before me.
          Last edited by horatio1; 02-12-15, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            embrace it less shit to clean up
            You'd fucking think so wouldn't you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              You'd fucking think so wouldn't you.
              Openly ask the missus if she is ready for babies no.3 and 4 yet. to make em feel uncomfortablr (ask often) . If this backfires and she says 'yes' , I really don't know what to say for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                Yep and the avaricious purveyors of such weapons rub their hands in glee.
                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Don't let kayroo see this.
                Ah Come on now we don't know for a fact that the Irish bar are complicit in covering the tracks of dodgy arms the way their London based colleagues are
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I sense Dice is circling the edge of reason.

Everyone who has ever had a night boozing with him must be delighted.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

From about two mins in, this is some speech...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Santa just returned from a mission to Smyths.

Truly amazing the amount of shite you can get for very little these days. We were well ridden by having our toys made by white European adults instead of Chinese children.
                      I can't understand the owners of Bamba on Jervis Street. Was in Smyths on Monday scouting out Christmas presents at 5:45. Smyths now open until 10pm until Christmas, and packed at the hour I went in. Bamba all closed up. Always puzzled me why they don't bother matching Smyths opening hours.

Actually opening hours of places have regularly been a source of confusion for me, such as cafes which do food closing at 5pm.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                        Jesus, Ben Stiller's life has gone a bit downhill

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          Jesus, Ben Stiller's life has gone a bit downhill
                          One of the best things I've seen him in tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            Thought that was real for a sec. Thought he looked like Ben stiller alright,Googled Sam sweet trial and all.
                            Such an underrated movie,really enjoyed it at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Were they short of bombs in Syria that the UK can solve some logistic issue?
                              if one wants booty, one must take part in the plunder.

This seems like a massive step in the wrong direction to me
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                if one wants booty, one must take part in the plunder.

This seems like a massive step in the wrong direction to me
                                Seems standard to me.

Odds on London being bombed and shot up before the Summer?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  Seems standard to me.

Odds on London being bombed and shot up before the Summer?
                                  Standard in it's stupid inevitability.
                                  If only we'd of thought of carpet bombing the middle east years ago. It's sure to have a positive outcome
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

loving the objectivity of the anti shinner brigade, "one of them stabs the misses 17 times, they all do".

fargo!! deadly

Comment

Classic "The Day Today" sketch. Chris Morris and Steve Coogan = pure gold.

Comment

m8s
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                          loving the objectivity of the anti shinner brigade, "one of them stabs the misses 17 times, they all do".

fargo!! deadly
                                          Standard
                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            One of the best things I've seen him in tbh.
                                            It's not a great accolade. Probably my favourite Jim Carey movie tbf.

Comment

Merry Xmas Syria after that vote last night. A Christmas carol released in celebration of our lovely world we live in..................................

Somewhere in Baghdad is one of the songs featured on the Not in Our Name CD, created for Christmas 2015 to raise awareness and funds for victims of the Iraq ...

Comment

Former Isis hostage says airstrikes on Syria are a trap http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-syria-strikes

Comment

What are you supposed to think about the MPs who were cheering at the thoughts of dropping bombs on Syria and killing loads of people?
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    What are you supposed to think about the MPs who were cheering at the thoughts of dropping bombs on Syria and killing loads of people?
                                                    What did you have for tea?

Comment

I haven't even had breakfast yet
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Step up yo game yo

Comment

I don't think anyone said that Nic.

They campaigned long and hard for this man to be released. All the top Shinners visited him in prison. Martin Ferris met him at the gates when he was released. He was feted on the platform at the Ard Fheis. And now he's revealed for what he always was - a common thug of the worst sort.

Shinners should reflect on their eulogising of McAuley and his ilk. Heroes my ass.

Comment

Oscar back in the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              We're staying in a hotel called les jardins du morais on rue amelot.

My French is a bit rusty, to say the least. Bateau mouche translates in my head as moustache stick, so I'll make sure to pick up one of those.
                                                              Have a look on google maps - you're about ten minutes walk down to the Seine (use Notre Dame as your start point) - walk from there to Eiffel tower assuming few stops would take 1 1/2 to 2 hours - if you go one side you'll see the Hotel de Ville, the Jardin Des Tuileries, the Louvre, Elysee Palace etc..., go the other and you'll see the great job they made of making the banks of the Seine into a miles long people park, various arty type installations, the left bank itself, and Saint Chapelle.

Assuming you stop/slow to see things, have coffees, lunch etc... - and that you're only there for a weekend, then most likely you'll only get one side seen on one day and one side on the other.

Point being, buying a metro pass is probably a waste when only there for two days. If flying into CDeG, bus to city (30 miles, 17 or 19 euro per adult) is best option, takes 40 mins or so. One metro ticket will take you to Place de Republic (top of road you're staying), if you do the main tourist type things over the two days, you won't need another metro pass except to get back to the bus to go to the Airport.

It's a fab city though, (was there in late September when it was still 18 degrees and sunny). Enjoy.

Comment

Not exactly what I was implying, I am sure there are plenty of them that have gone back to normal lives now that they are not required to blow people up anymore. The problem with criminal organisations ran on a strict code of silence is that we know very little about those who are involved in them unless they speak publicly about it or some of their victims are brave enough to speak publicly about them. To find out that someone who killed a Garda while on a sanctioned operation of robbery is a lowlife is not in itself surprising , nor will the silence from SF about it be.

The fact that Adams ( who speaks so highly of the brave volunteers) sees it as politically advantageous not to admit that he was chief of staff can only be viewed as him wanting to be able to distance himself from stories like these when they come out.

It is not that long ago since they held large parts of communities throughout Ireland in fear of speaking out against them. A charge of murder could not be brought against Macauley due to witness intimidation and more recently a van used for canvassing for a Dublin SF TD was found to have Garda uniforms , balaclavas and baseball bats in it when searched by Gardai.

The other point of my post was how bad the other parties are at capitalising on stories like this but then again when you have an audience that dont want to listen to them there is probably not much point.

Comment

Anyone know is there a charity in Dublin that collects food from restaurants at close of business?

Event on next week where I'd imagine there will be a load of food left over, hate to see if thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                    Anyone know is there a charity in Dublin that collects food from restaurants at close of business?

Event on next week where I'd imagine there will be a load of food left over, hate to see if thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                      The other point of my post was how bad the other parties are at capitalising on stories like this but then again when you have an audience that dont want to listen to them there is probably not much point.
                                                                      Press puts it out, the damage is done and those who are interested take note. You bring it into the Dail or party makes a statement and you will get stuck in a shouting match with no real upside.

Best case is you make a point that has already been made and get out clean yourself but without damaging Sinn Fein further. On the down side you get into a mud slinging match, get accused of stirring it up and allow the story to be deflected as an attack on a Party that the establish parties cant deal with etc etc.

Best to just let the press (and the Gardas) get down in the mud and dig while you sit up on high keeping your shoes clean lording it over them with just the odd sly dig.

Comment

Hilary Benn's speech was powerful, Daddy would have been proud of the speech but he would have been voting with Corbyn.
                                                                        Its easy to agree with him in his rhetoric about the motives of the Jihadists and his summoning up the ghosts of Franco, Mussolini and Hitler but there was little on how the mechanics of bombing is going to work to break them.
                                                                        I just can't get past the fact that months ago Cameron was 13 votes short of sending bombers in to support the guys he is now bombing.
                                                                        Fucked if I know what it is but there must be a better option to rid the world of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Fucked if I know what it is but there must be a better option to rid the world of them.

Comment

The Syria/ISIL situation is a Fuck up with no easy (bombing) solution.

Without adding British and French into equation I think this is situation so far. Is it?

My head is sore.............

Assad is facing a rebellion and trying to crush it with help of Iran, Russia and Hezbollah.

USA, Turkey and most of other Arab nations want rid of Assad and been training and arming the rebels but one of the insurgent groups is the Islamic State who everyone hates including other rebels.

Russia is bombing IS and other rebel groups who are funded by Arabia and Qatar who are rivals of Iran.

Turkey want Assad gone but not bombing him but are bombing IS and the Kurds who are enemies of Assad and Turkey.

Kurds are backed by Americans who are Allies of Turkey

Comment

just wait until the next time FG are facing tough questions and Mcauley's ex-wife will be shamelessly used as a political football.

And not one FG TD will speak of the appallingly short sentence he got.
                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Been a few lean years for weapons manufacturers, I'm sure they appreciate the Tories helping them out in their time of need.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                  Been a few lean years for weapons manufacturers, I'm sure they appreciate the Tories helping them out in their time of need.
                                                                                  I'm afraid business has always been booming.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                    The Syria/ISIL situation is a Fuck up with no easy (bombing) solution.

Without adding British and French into equation I think this is situation so far. Is it?

My head is sore.............

Assad is facing a rebellion and trying to crush it with help of Iran, Russia and Hezbollah.

USA, Turkey and most of other Arab nations want rid of Assad and been training and arming the rebels but one of the insurgent groups is the Islamic State who everyone hates including other rebels.

Russia is bombing IS and other rebel groups who are funded by Arabia and Qatar who are rivals of Iran.

Turkey want Assad gone but not bombing him but are bombing IS and the Kurds who are enemies of Assad and Turkey.

Kurds are backed by Americans who are Allies of Turkey
                                                                                    Turkey are backing Isis just this week journalists there exposed aid trucks full of weapons going into Syria the turkish prime minister has accused them of treason.

Europes hames of a response give them 3billion euro fast track them for eu membership-they should never be allowed near us to be honest.
                                                                                    They helped create the problem backing isis so Europe rewards them with money and possible eu membership.
                                                                                    The eu really is leaderless its disheartening.

Comment

I have a student load that for various bad reasons I'm still paying off.

Would I save money on interest by transferring my current account balance into the load account and taking money back out of it as I need it or would it have any effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                        I'm afraid business has always been booming.
                                                                                        Boom Boom

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                          Turkey are backing Isis just this week journalists there exposed aid trucks full of weapons going into Syria the turkish prime minister has accused them of treason.

Europes hames of a response give them 3billion euro fast track them for eu membership-they should never be allowed near us to be honest.
                                                                                          They helped create the problem backing isis so Europe rewards them with money and possible eu membership.
                                                                                          The eu really is leaderless its disheartening.
                                                                                          US and most of the west backed ISIS also originally in the hope of ousting Assad from Syria. They knew ISIS would fill that vacuum and were already talking about it in 2012.

most of the West is allegedly also still buying oil from ISIS at cut rate prices, and this is their main source of funding.

Comment

Newstalk good right now. Abortion debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                              just wait until the next time FG are facing tough questions and Mcauley's ex-wife will be shamelessly used as a political football.

And not one FG TD will speak of the appallingly short sentence he got.
                                                                                              What exactly is FG's responsibility for the sentence he got?

How does their responsibility as a government charged with appointing judges compare with having senior party figures laud a known psychopathic murderer of an ordinary Gardai in the course of a crime being committed for no political purpose merely personal greed and satisfaction?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                US and most of the west backed ISIS also originally in the hope of ousting Assad from Syria. They knew ISIS would fill that vacuum and were already talking about it in 2012.

most of the West is allegedly also still buying oil from ISIS at cut rate prices, and this is their main source of funding.
                                                                                                Ya libya went from a no fly zone to nato bombing for the rebels that worked out wonderful for libya.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    Depends on the type of loan account you have. Anything in the T&Cs for that account online that says you can do that? Maybe bite the bullet on the bonus thats coming up (i guess you've a Feb bonus) and dump it into the loan account would be the best option.
                                                                                                    Not much T&C info available online, I guess I will have to take a look for some more info at home.

Comment

Revolut with additional abilities?

N26 is the first bank you'll love. Beautifully simple, 100% mobile, and trusted by millions. Open your free bank account in minutes.

Comment

I'm on work tilt. Just told someone off for saying something real stupid when it turns out I completely misunderstood them.

If this was a poker game i'd know the only thing to do is quit and come back tomorrow, but I've got to stay and do stuff for the rest of the day.

How do I do this without embarrassing myself further?
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          I'm on work tilt. Just told someone off for saying something real stupid when it turns out I completely misunderstood them.

If this was a poker game i'd know the only thing to do is quit and come back tomorrow, but I've got to stay and do stuff for the rest of the day.

Apologise

Comment

Buy them a doughnut

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              What exactly is FG's responsibility for the sentence he got
                                                                                                              Not FG fault but it really seems strange that he wasn't on some sort of a good behavior bond where by any association with para or criminal organisations and\or being convicted of a serious crime and he is right back into jail for the rest of the time for killing the Garda and whatever else on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                Revolut with additional abilities?

https://number26.eu/
                                                                                                                Ah, much better than Revolut.

This is FREE banking with a FREE FX debit card.

Comment

Knock Knock
                                                                                                                  Who's there?
                                                                                                                  Round two of Dragons Den madarfacars
                                                                                                                  Last edited by iSnow; 03-12-15, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                    Not FG fault but it really seems strange that he wasn't on some sort of a good behavior bond where by any association with para or criminal organisations and\or being convicted of a serious crime and he is right back into jail for the rest of the time for killing the Garda and whatever else on top.
                                                                                                                    It's a good idea but doesn't exist in this country afaik (Kayroo?)

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                                      Knock Knock
                                                                                                                      Who's there?
                                                                                                                      Round two of Dragons Den madarfacars
                                                                                                                      Out of curiosity what did R1 entail?

Comment

comp them a massage down in Capel Street.

Comment

Any good stag ideas anywhere in safe europe
                                                                                                                          In march around 20 people, usual hardcore drinkers shite

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X