This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

okay, I have it

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's 8

Comment

hope this is part of the magic m8s

Comment

Comment

You know, I think i did.

IT WAS 3

Though 8 was a clever guess chad. It was 8 as well.
                    And my bus is the 83, mad really.

Yiz Derren Browned the fuck out of me there m83s.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                          Alright I'm gonna rewatch Juno tonight and come back with a one-word description after it.
                          Daycent is my word of choice.

No idea why you would walk out during this in a cinema to be honest. It has a great cast, good acting and the storyline is what is to be expected going into it - nothing special. Soundtrack is decent, storyline is pretty unique and film isn't boring even though not much happens. Not an amazing film but if I paid to go see it I wouldn't feel ripped off.

I enjoy movies I do.
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Black Mass was a bit meh. Johnny Depp may be number 1 most overrated actor of all time.
                            He is a puzzler. I avoid any movie he makes. I did enjoy him in Edward Sizzorhands, then again I was 10.

The movie industry is a hard one to get the head around, you'd think he could take on some decent roles (not including the Whitey Bulger one in that) but he just doesn't. I guess he just isn't much arsed, bit like Adam Sandler - who has no interest in doing any movie different from the last.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            What else can I divine.
                            You also just gave me my 24,500th like and our my lucky 24,500th customer. You will receive a prize.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                              Daycent is my word of choice.

No idea why you would walk out during this in a cinema to be honest. It has a great cast, good acting and the storyline is what is to be expected going into it - nothing special. Soundtrack is decent, storyline is pretty unique and film isn't boring even though not much happens. Not an amazing film but if I paid to go see it I wouldn't feel ripped off.

I enjoy movies I do.
                              You should try the notebook m8.

Comment

@pokerhand, you should check out About Time, it's the greatest love story since the notebook

Comment

Comment

Right, what's next? I need to be entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      Anybody seen it?
                                      Elite Squad: The Enemy Within
                                      http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt1555149/
                                      The original is one of my favourite films...incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                        Just finished it. Class film been a while since I've seen something that good
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          Do you prefer about time or the notebook?

Comment

iSnow, you looking for a salesman for your new venture?

Here's me and Raoul Dukes dad doing some top quality selling back in the day

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                Do any married IPBers wear a wedding ring,I didn't think most irish men did but apparently I'm wrong??(i dont think I actually am)
                                                Don't wear jewellery and don't really feel like shelling out for one but apparently big jewellery has won this one
                                                It seems that wearing it is the norm but I know a few guys that won't/don't. I'm not keen on the idea myself if/when that fateful day arrives.
                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

On the wedding ring, I agreed after a bit of bartering to wear it at times that I wear my watch, so never wear it at home, but wear it at work and going out, etc. Best bargain I could get at the time. I might try to renegotiate in a few months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                      Jaysus, that's mad. We go to Cabo roig every year. My aunt has an apartment there.
                                                      Don't think I know you IRL but I'm always up for a pint or a round of golf if you are over again.
                                                      Get enough guys together and we could have the next ipb bash over here.

Comment

Tried to order a beer from a passing barlady and was pointed towards the guy who had served the previous beers. Seemingly this corner in the beerhall is his alone. It's three tables though. So he has just three tables to look after as his entire job. Tempted to do a career swopsies with him.
                                                        Candidate #1 - Full time job looking after three tables in a beer hall (salary and conditions unknown).
                                                        Candidate #2 - Full time job that permits him the time to utilize facilities of said beerhall during conventional working hours etc etc ..

I can see why #2 would be tempted to do swopsies with #1 right enough .

Comment

Comment

Comment

Do any married IPBers wear a wedding ring,I didn't think most irish men did but apparently I'm wrong??(i dont think I actually am)
                                                              Don't wear jewellery and don't really feel like shelling out for one but apparently big jewellery has won this one
                                                              I do but only to save time fending off chicks attracted by my umbrella.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                  What's funny about it?
                                                                  Farmers are the most avaricious group of cunts in the land so to watch them crying crocodile tears when they find out their leaders have been riding them senseless is pretty funny.

imo
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

I wear it all the time. Always have, always will. Don't see any reason not to.

Comment

I have never worn any jewellery (with the exception of my watch) but I wear a wedding band and I feel weird if I don't have it on. My wife was surprised that I went with one as she thought there was no chance I would wear it, but I wouldn't be without it.
                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Farmers are the most avaricious group of cunts in the land so to watch them crying crocodile tears when they find out their leaders have been riding them senseless is pretty funny.

imo
                                                                          They've never had a problem putting their hands in the pockets of European taxpayers to the tune of a couple of billion a year, it is definately amusing to watch their anguish at a collective half million going to the guy who was mostly responsible for the successful negotiations that result in their grant fortunes.

Comment

Always feel I'm going to shave off a ball when doing ballshaving.
                                                                            Dude, you're overshaving!
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Some FX'ey posts recently, but noticed this the other day in a sneaky place.

Booked Aer Lingus Dublin to Edinburgh on NYE.

Price was a reasonable enough €132 for booking this late (with a bag). Get to check out, my credit card is a ££ card (but importantly has 0 fx fees). When details go in on Aer Lingus, they offer you two options, to pay the GBP amount they guarantee, or to let your card take care of the FX rate etc. In my case, given the no FX fees, I always always let the card take care of the exchange rate.

In the past the difference has been pretty big, but this was absolutely taking the piss.

That Revolut card (or the CC that I've got - Halifax Clarity) means that these differences should never come into play, but be careful to make sure that you're always paying in the local currency. Buy from a £££ site, use sterling etc.

Easy to not notice the check box, or not understand the difference when scanning through a page!

edit: Image not working? Aer Lingus offered to charge me £121.87 for the €131.99. Exchange rate on google today is £92.81. Casual 33% margin...
                                                                              Attached Files
                                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 26-11-15, 09:09.

Comment

...

Comment

The Irish Economy; a default Irish economics textbook has a fun equation for farmers. Can't remember it exactly, but its something like:

Earned Income: €8,000
                                                                                  Grant Income: €25,000
                                                                                  Total Income: €33,000

Just about every single farmer in the country would be out of business if the IFA wasn't so effective at getting grants that should be going to more productive industries.
                                                                                  Those figures are all averages though. There are farmers whose grant incomes would be less than one thousand, and of course some whose grant income would be in the six figure category.

Comment

Never wear a wedding ring myself .Now the gays can marry I don't want people thinking I'm gay which as we all know is sinful and wrong . I don't care what Lazares baby thinks . Read your bibles

Comment

...

Comment

I wear my wedding ring.

Only because my hand has become so fat, I can't take it off.

10 years next month FTW - wouldn't get that for manslaughter.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                            It would be funny to tell the story of that night as Isnows head butt apart quite a few random funny things happened that night but considering Rob had a great day in his business life it might not be the best day for it.
                                                                                            Maybe for my 1000th post
                                                                                            Hatedajacks has had a boner for me since then. For such a 'decent' guy he certainly bottles up alot of latent anger. Just tell Rory how you feel about him..You'll feel better.

Comment

The median values aren't too different for full-time farmers
                                                                                              The median values for grants wouldn't be too different, the median values for income would (afaik).

Think it breaks down (haven't time to go check, too busy in my beerhall ), something like part-time/small full time farmers have low income + low grant, mid size farmers (full and part time) have relatively high level of grant to income, and then the super-producers have high grants and very high income but lower levels of grant to income.

Point being that it is one of those scenarios where 'averages' completely distort the overall picture.

Also worth throwing in here that at the time of the last negotiation, Ireland had a choice of two possible grant-giving systems (with the total being a fixed amount). The IFA lobbied for (and later got a 'majority' of members to support) a system that disproportionately assisted farmers who already had greater than average incomes. Was a lot of controversy about it at the time.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                  Jesus. I wish you the best with it, but I can't imagine the chaos and rollercoaster that goes on there.
                                                                                                  Yup chaos and rollercoaster but quite frankly you don't have to imagine as it's none of your business. There have been a few LOL Borderline moments.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                    Yup chaos and rollercoaster but quite frankly you don't have to imagine as it's none of your business. There have been a few LOL Borderline moments.
                                                                                                    I take it you used to cause fights with your teddybears when they looked at you wrong?

Comment

Dont know much about bipolar disorder . Seems this post has jolly and bitchy in it. Would this be an example ?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        Just finished it. Class film been a while since I've seen something that good
                                                                                                        City of God is another great brazilian movie and for something in the same vein from south america and about gangs, i can't recommend enough "sin nombre" (beautiful, poetic, amazing).

wore mine for about 2 years before getting rid of it. can't stand rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                          Dont know much about bipolar disorder . Seems this post has jolly and bitchy in it. Would this be an example ?
                                                                                                          Bipolar? Keep up

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            I take it you used to cause fights with your teddybears when they looked at you wrong?
                                                                                                            Must be why teddy wants to know more about the headbutting incident.

Comment

Some of the cunts yes

Comment

Bipolar? Keep up
                                                                                                                I'm confused forgive me

Comment

Bipolar? Keep up
                                                                                                                  You're not keeping up AJ - the source of the borderline personality disorder has been traced to the post-traumatic experience of attendance at a rock concert. He was most likely too old to be playing with teddybears by that point.

Comment

The Champions League can throw up some weird groups.

Roma can qualify from the group with just 6 points, and Porto could be going home with 11 points.

Comment

Married 9 years yesterday infact. First priest we went to see about our wedding asked us about rings, I'm in the same position as yourself, never wear jewellery or even a watch and wouldn't buy a ring as it would be a waste. Priest was adamant that whether I wore it or not He'd want one at the ceremony or he wouldn't marry us. Needless to say, we went elsewhere and never shelled out for a ring.

Comment

Just bought a laptop with the revolut app, saved €15 on fees already! Great stuff.

Comment

Should we be loading up the Revolut card for all purchases off Amazon.co.uk and the likes?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X