• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Oh What a great weekend coming up with RWC, football and All Ireland final.

From my perspective these are all on between 8am and 12pm. Afterwards will be chilling by the pool sunbathing under 32 - 35 celsius weather.

Can't feckin wait!

Come on Kerry!!!!
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          In my eyes The Michelin Star guide has lost all credibility by awarding a star to The Greenhouse.
          Did you go more than once? I don't get your irrational hatred for the place. You're the only person I've seen talking it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Extreme potential for hilarity at the GOP primary debate tonight.

Trump to hopefully lose the head altogether.
            Sounds like he took a fair auld batin' at the debating. I think we can say The Donald has reached his high-water mark. The question is who does he take down with him?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sounds like he took a fair auld batin' at the debating. I think we can say The Donald has reached his high-water mark. The question is who does he take down with him?
              He actually did ok, managed to not set fire to himself which was good. His role now is actually quite interesting in that he's drowning out Walker to a large degree. It looks to me like Bush and Fiorina are doing quite well now and Carson with them but it's so long to go so that could all change.

By the way I would welcome Trump as a candidate over Walker who is a walking bag of hate
              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Henshaw wobble

Comment

Biggins from Boards has started a political party of his own after a "difference of opinion" with DDI.
                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                    Residence is a fine setting for an indulgent Sunday lunch. Handy jump off point for pints too
                    +1, although I'd skip the bar next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                      Biggins from Boards has started a political party of his own after a "difference of opinion" with DDI.
                      Years since I've read boards but is he the guy that used to claim to be a secret agent or personal security? Seemed fairly unhinged.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Years since I've read boards but is he the guy that used to claim to be a secret agent or personal security? Seemed fairly unhinged.
                        amongst other things.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            you're a big fan of the mysterious post
                            As I said to President Mitterand on that fateful evening

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              you're a big fan of the mysterious post
                              not terribly mysterious. He has a history of claiming knowledge or involvement in a lot of different protest or civil movements when the reality doesn't pan out.

Comment

@Honda,
                                Flying out of T1 on Saturday at 6.30 am, is it busy then? Was thinking of arriving about 5.

Also, .....Ship the 19 day long weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Speaking of Jobs I watched this documentary from Alex Gibney on him last week, interesting take on the whole Jobs/Apple thing, people were zealots towards the guy.

Subscribe to INDIE & FILM FESTIVALS: http://bit.ly/1wbkfYgSubscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnLike us on...
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just binked my ticket for Sunday.

Comment

Whats the story with this AirBnb lark with regards to showing up absolutely falling through the place shitfaced? (not planning on this but it could well happen)

Trying to book a hotel for a stay in that dubleen and fuck me it ain't cheap!

Even the places i remember as being cheap out shit tips are charging through the nose now!
                                      Last edited by Guest; 17-09-15, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                        Whats the story with this AirBnb lark with regards to showing up absolutely falling through the place shitfaced? (not planning on this but it could well happen)

Trying to book a hotel for a stay in that dubleen and fuck me it ain't cheap!

Even the places i remember as being cheap out shit tips are charging through the nose now!
                                        Recession's over m8. Didn't you get the memo?

On AirBnB I would suggest messaging the places you're interested in before booking anything. It's good practice in general actually.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Why are there any so called Dubs fans in need of match tickets when there is a guaranteed ticket scheme in place for anyone who registered and attended a few league matches

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Why are there any so called Dubs fans in need of match tickets when there is a guaranteed ticket scheme in place for anyone who registered and attended a few league matches

"many people wanting to see large sporting occasion" shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                              I was there twice. IIRC the place turned into an ice box as the evening wore on, kitchen staff were also taking bags of rubbish through the restaurant out the front to bins etc.. I seem to recall being less than impressed with the matching wines, one of which was a cider.
                                              I was not impressed by the wines the first time. We got a cider too. They have since changed the sommelier. The food was excellent both times I went. As a restaurant setting it is not the best but the service was much better the second time I went and most of the elements of why I didn't think they would get a star the first time I went were resolved. My 2 visits were around 2 1/2 years apart.
                                              Last edited by elbows; 17-09-15, 12:17.
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                @Honda,
                                                Flying out of T1 on Saturday at 6.30 am, is it busy then? Was thinking of arriving about 5.

Also, .....Ship the 19 day long weekend.
                                                Probably will be busy, you'll be grand at that time though
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                  Fell out of a TGV in Marseilles after an extremely liquid 6 hour trip and went straight to our AirBNB accomodation. Owner seemed down with our vibe.

Comment

20 year inter generational waiting list to get onto the season ticket thing in Dublin.
                                                    (Exaggeration, but its only been open for renewals the last few years.)

Comment

The GAA ticket allocation is one of the best things about the organisation imo. Someone who puts in 15 hours a week helping out with their club in Carlow or Fermanagh is more entitled to a ticket for Sunday than someone from Kerry or Dublin who is not involved all season long, even if they are big sports fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                        The GAA ticket allocation is one of the best things about the organisation imo. Someone who puts in 15 hours a week helping out with their club in Carlow or Fermanagh is more entitled to a ticket for Sunday than someone from Kerry or Dublin who is not involved all season long, even if they are big sports fans.
                                                        And yet every year an awful lot of people who wouldn't know a football if it was blasted at their face from a yard away get tickets at the expense of more deserving people. ( not talking about myself,from kerry and have never been to an AI final,could get tickets but would be embarrassed to be seen at it by local club guys given I had zero interest in Gaa in my youth which I kinda regret now)

Comment

GIDDY UP

Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                            And yet every year an awful lot of people who wouldn't know a football if it was blasted at their face from a yard away get tickets at the expense of more deserving people. ( not talking about myself,from kerry and have never been to an AI final,could get tickets but would be embarrassed to be seen at it by local club guys given I had zero interest in Gaa in my youth which I kinda regret now)
                                                            One of my mates got in big trouble with his misses. He is from Mayo and was offered tickets for them to the semi but turned them down as he had hardly watched a game all season let alone go to one.

She is a real event junkie and loves a day out. He got offered for the replay and again turned them down, she was in the pub with him and said she would take them. He told her that she couldn't have them and pretty much told her that he wouldn't inflict he lack of knowledge on anyone else in the crowd if he wasn't going as a buffer.

She went bright red and we all cracked up laughing. I am pretty sure she is still huffing about it.

Comment

Fell out of a TGV in Marseilles after an extremely liquid 6 hour trip and went straight to our AirBNB accomodation. Owner seemed down with our vibe.
                                                              I was working more along the lines of 4 in the morning rather than straight from the airport

Comment

Last few days to sign up for Last Man Standing 2.0!! Sign-up thread here, only €10!!! Get to entering!
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Irish Open will go ahead next year, 500k guarentee.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    GIDDY UP

~Cool - Free sports on my account or I cancel and blame you.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                      GIDDY UP

My wise words did it m8

Comment

£££££££££££££££

Some pricks

Comment

enjoy wasted hours

Comment

Definitely have the best boss I've ever worked for. Comes up to me today. Sure take tomorrow off and enjoy your weekend. If they win take Tuesday off and enjoy the homecoming cebrations. What a thoroughly nice bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Definitely have the best boss I've ever worked for. Comes up to me today. Sure take tomorrow off and enjoy your weekend. If they win take Tuesday off and enjoy the homecoming cebrations. What a thoroughly nice bloke.
                                                                              Paid by the hour?
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

RDIII: I'm outside your house. Bring me coffee!

Comment

Seen it all now. ......Someone brought a horse on the Luas today
                                                                                  Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 17-09-15, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                    http://midword.com/

enjoy wasted hours
                                                                                    GFYTA

10 first time to get Lake and now I'm stuck between Kittenknitted and Kob know
                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-09-15, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                      Paid by the hour?
                                                                                      Nah probably got the interviews for his job going on and it would make everyone fell awkward.

Comment

enjoy wasted hours
                                                                                        gfy

Comment

dobby got laid off
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

enjoy wasted hours
                                                                                            Brilliant!! 16 guesses first go with 1:42 before finally getting filament, I love it already!
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

GFYTA

10 first time to get Lake and now I'm stuck between Kittenknitted and Kob know
                                                                                              Knot?
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                Knot?
                                                                                                Knob , knock, knockout/down. Otherwise I'm stumped.
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                  Knot?
                                                                                                  between knob and fucking knossos

Knobby?

Comment

Some really good food in the Headine 57 Clanbrassil St.
                                                                                                    From Baggot St and several places in between finished my Saturday odyssey in the Headine. Terriffic food and they really care.

Delighted for the SatNav, well done!.

Comment

Anyone ever use this website?
                                                                                                      Awesome idea, basically an online hitchhiking service. If someone is going from say Munich to Berlin they throw it up on the website, saying "3 seats leaving at 2pm". Get it at a fraction of the price of flight or train.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by micks
                                                                                                        Myself and @The-Rigger actually met Biggins IRL.

Confirmed cray cray nutso.
                                                                                                        Highlights include sitting in the corner as to maintain surveillance of the scene (pub) at all times, and also showing up to the pub 4 hours earlier to scope out the best exits for emergencies etc.
                                                                                                        Originally posted by riggs
                                                                                                        Interrogated Sussed out the staff too.
                                                                                                        Couldn't tell me what celebs he had provided protection to, but then gave me a card that had a website filled of pictures of him with them, looked more like meet and greets to be honest. Should have kept the card/website address tbf.

You were scoping out the exits during the entire ordeal Mick.
                                                                                                        Anyhow, I'm sure he is legit.

http://theruddsite.com/album.html - This is the page he showed us with lots of people he was a bodyguard for, and good friends with. Oddly all the photos are against backgrounds and look like he has trapsed himself and family around to meet and greets.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                          Knob , knock, knockout/down. Otherwise I'm stumped.
                                                                                                          It was knock obv

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone ever use this website?
                                                                                                            Awesome idea, basically an online hitchhiking service. If someone is going from say Munich to Berlin they throw it up on the website, saying "3 seats leaving at 2pm". Get it at a fraction of the price of flight or train.
                                                                                                            I used one in England last year to get back from Newcastle to London on a Sunday night when the trains were booked out.
                                                                                                            Worked out well, paid something like 15 but the car wasn't all that comfortable for a long journey.

Comment

Put fucking Swinge in at guess 6 and it took until fucking 14 for me to put in Swing which was the word

Swinge WTF?

GFYTA

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                RDIII: I'm outside your house. Bring me coffee!
                                                                                                                At work - you should have asked De Woife!

Comment

At work - you should have asked De Woife!
                                                                                                                  All that emerged was mini-you with a football. Didn't think you actually went to work too often!

Comment

expenditure the hardest one yet - 19

Comment

mother fucking criterion was the most annoying for me. Example was surprisingly annoying

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        Paid by the hour?
                                                                                                                        Don't be killing my buzz m8. 4 day weekend.

Comment

Just ate my first ever gluten free pizza

Pointless!

Lot to be said for zero zero flour

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X