X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    Note 3 two yrs old. Time for a change
    You not due an upgrade then? instead of shelling out all that for a phone?

Comment

GAB - Been a while since I ate there, but I enjoyed La Mere Zou on Stephens green then only time I was there. You might consider it swill though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        somebody recommend me a good restaurant that I haven't been to in Dublin.
        Delahunt on Camden St
        Forest Avenue on Sussex Terrace
        Taste at Rustic

Comment

Found the discussion re ISIS incredibly insightful on here. Actually had zero knowledge on the whole scenario until Paris happened (prefer to avoid national & international news for the most part). One point that was raised a few times involved Saudi Arabia's involvment. Could someone give a summary on their role in all of this?

On another note, COYBIG. Great performance so far.

Comment

I can't see us holding out for much longer if it continues like this. Hopefully Long is actually fit enough to last the rest of the game and he might be able to give us a bit of edge up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Ah, fair play to George pointing out a couple of times that the Bosnian's need to score 2 goals to win
              Think I heard him say "it's better to be 1-0 up than 1-0 down approaching half time." Who knew.

Comment

Taste at rustic. Had a really good meal there recently.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  GAB - Been a while since I ate there, but I enjoyed La Mere Zou on Stephens green then only time I was there. You might consider it swill though.
                  I'm sure GAB has been there. Great spot though and plenty of genuine French waitresses for GAB to ogle, not that a man of his gravitas would be up to the likes.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What was security like on the way in Dobby?
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                      Found the discussion re ISIS incredibly insightful on here. Actually had zero knowledge on the whole scenario until Paris happened (prefer to avoid national & international news for the most part). One point that was raised a few times involved Saudi Arabia's involvment. Could someone give a summary on their role in all of this?.
                      The Saudis practice a very austere and extreme form of Islam known as Wahhabism. They have been enthusiastically exporting this extreme form of Islam to other parts of the Muslim world, via the medium of their vast wads of cash. This included being the paymasters (and frequently the fighters) of Al Queda. This promotion of Wahhabism has been the main driver behind the radicalisation of Islam throughout the ME. Wherever you find a semi-illiterate mullah ranting about jihad against the godless infidels, Saudi money is not far behind him.

Comment

YESSSSSS
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

What a ball by Brady

Comment

don't be ridiculous......
                            I wait for you to do a restaurant review and go there....
                            I would be very surprised if there are any good restaurants in Dublin that you have not been to ....
                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                When did we last qualify for something football?!
                                The European Championships in 2012 in Poland/Ukraine. Before that it was the World Cup in 2002 in Japan/Korea.

Comment

Let's not mention that. Didn't go so well.

Comment

euro 2012
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Do NOT do a Celtic here.

Comment

Any inappropriate posts that lead to powers we don't understand within this thread ruining this will be punished by death.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          The Saudis practice a very austere and extreme form of Islam known as Wahhabism. They have been enthusiastically exporting this extreme form of Islam to other parts of the Muslim world, via the medium of their vast wads of cash. This included being the paymasters (and frequently the fighters) of Al Queda. This promotion of Wahhabism has been the main driver behind the radicalisation of Islam throughout the ME. Wherever you find a semi-illiterate mullah ranting about jihad against the godless infidels, Saudi money is not far behind him.
                                          Thanks for that. So it's safe to assume that Saudi are involved with ISIS whether directly through funding them/supplying bodies or indirectly through this exportation of ideals through the ME? If the latter, is it just a matter of time before Saudi Arabia join with them or are they too well positioned financially and politically to publically show unity?

Comment

I look forward to condemning these lads as 'gutless' when they get annihilated next summer.

Comment

Let's not mention that. Didn't go so well.
                                              The football maybe any one i knew couldnt sing the praises highly enough of the cheap beer and cheap whores.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                Any inappropriate posts that lead to powers we don't understand within this thread ruining this will be punished by death.
                                                That'll be you. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                  Dobby will have poor signal at the game
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Thanks for that. So it's safe to assume that Saudi are involved with ISIS whether directly through funding them/supplying bodies or indirectly through this exportation of ideals through the ME? If the latter, is it just a matter of time before Saudi Arabia join with them or are they too well positioned financially and politically to publically show unity?
                                                    ISIS are so extreme that they don't like the Saudis.

It's actually the Turks, ironically enough, who have done the most to facilitate the rise of ISIS. Those nice, soccer-loving Qataris have also funded them.

Comment

Read this Feet:

Many Gulf states are accused of funding Islamic State (IS) extremists in Iraq and Syria. But as Michael Stephens explains, not all is clear-cut in war.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        What was security like on the way in Dobby?
                                                        Showed our tickets and got a quick frisk just before entering stadium. Other than that just a few Garda and "stadium security" standing around.

Comment

owned by the same charlatan that owns the butchers grill. are you on a wind up?

Somewhere a bit more formal where I can have a good chat. ty.
                                                          The Dylan? Dax? The Westbury? The Mint bar? Brooks hotel? Citron?

You've eaten in so many places this is a tricky game. Food is pretty good in all of these and loads of space and a little bit formal.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I look forward to condemning these lads as 'gutless' when they get annihilated next summer.
                                                            A lot more guts than the Leinster rugby boys showed at the weekend in fairness. They don't appear the most skillful team on the planet but they want it.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Sons of the original Ole Olers in full voice at landowne. I can hear the Horslips tuning up and jackieboys 'put em under pressure' mantra. Paris we coming to cheer you guys up.

Comment

I have never been so nervous watching a game in my life before...

Tears in my eyes at the moment..

Definitely grinded out the result...

Follow me in twitterland

Comment

THE FUCK IN THERE

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                      Was looking at the seeding for the Euros. Interesting to see the Welsh World Ranked 8 but in Pot 4 based on European Coefficient.

If we get through the playoff, we're going into pot 4, unless both Norway and Slovenia win, and then we'll be in Pot 3, so it gives us some interest in other games.

Pretty sure France will be in Pot 1, so not sure what the deciding factor is for seeding them, seeing as Italy are already in Pot 2.
                                                                      Great job by Ireland. COYBIG!

Pot 4 for us and Norway. Looks like Ukraine in Pot 2 and the rest in Pot 3

Comment

Only one team showed up for those 2 legs (and previous 3 matches) and actually looked like they could be competitive. COYBIG

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC News
                                                                            IS exports about 9,000 barrels of oil per day at prices ranging from about $25-$45 (£15-£27).

Some of this goes to Kurdish middlemen up towards Turkey, some goes for domestic IS consumption and some goes to the Assad regime, which in turn sells weapons back to the group.
                                                                            Aren't ISIS fighting Assad's regime in Syria?

Comment

Irish football team back in their rightful place as Ireland's team.
                                                                              McLean seemed to be seeing imaginary poppies pinned to the Bosnian players there

Comment

Lesson 1
                                                                                Poulet rouleau de filet s'il vous plaît
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Lesson 1
                                                                                  Poulet rouleau de filet s'il vous plaît
                                                                                  Trust LSB to start a bloody Spanish thread. We could be almost fluent by now if he picked better.

Comment

Comment

Good: Not in work tomorrow.
                                                                                      Bad: Not getting paid for it as I won't be in work.
                                                                                      Bad: I have to be in hospital in the morning (7 feckin 30)to get my gallbladder removed as a day patient.
                                                                                      Good: I can work from home the following couple of days so I won't be off and not getting paid too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                        Cometh the hour, cometh the man

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                        All things being equal Waters has been absolutely beastly the last few games. He's just mincing defenders. Such a hero
                                                                                        What a guy.

Comment

I'm sure someone here can help Pat out. I assume he wants the Two not the One.

Comment

3 days ? Should be enough...

SPOILER
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm hoping RichieM might, based on the lessons of history, talk up the case for the decimation of the Irish football-following race
                                                                                              Nah I always said Henry got away with that one and fair play to him for not pretending he wouldn't do the same thing every time he had the chance.

Comment

Superman has aged badly.

Comment

When will the draw be made for the groups? Pulling hard for Nice.

Comment

GAB assume you have already been but you'll go a long way to beat Pearl. Other new place to try would be Featherblade on Dawson St, I've heard very good things.
                                                                                                    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Aren't ISIS fighting Assad's regime in Syria?
                                                                                                      At the time, they were probably busy fighting other rebel groups too. Still are in fact.

They do love the auld war.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        Sat 12th Dec. Presume we just all stay with hitch .

Comment

With the bad comes the good.

Fair play to the Bosnia fans behind the goal who stayed to clap the Ireland players on their lap of the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                            Sat 12th Dec. Presume we just all stay with hitch .
                                                                                                            Can recommend his barbecuing skills. A1 Sharon.

Comment

The fact that the 4 best 3Rd place teams will see some knockout football in the finals doesn't seem so bad now. Would love to get England's group

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                Am near there from may 28 for 2 weeks on holidays so +1

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    Am near there from may 28 for 2 weeks on holidays so +1
                                                                                                                    Well considering it only kicks off on June 10th you won't be around for any games that are held there.

Comment

Giddy up

[IMG][/IMG]
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Poor Benny. Is he the lad from Crossroads?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Poor Benny. Is he the lad from Crossroads?
                                                                                                                          You must be nearly as old as me
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X