X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Uh oh,let's see the open border loons try to spin that
    Though I suppose at least he registered and had his passport which is more than some
    Wasn't one of the attackers also a french citizen?

Comment

At least one of the attackers outside France’s national soccer stadium had a ticket to the game and attempted to enter the 80,000-person venue, according to a Stade de France security guard who was on duty and French police.

The guard—who asked to be identified only by his first name, Zouheir—said the attacker was discovered wearing an explosives vest when he was frisked at the entrance to the stadium about 15 minutes into the game. France was playing an exhibition against Germany inside.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

no matter how much we argue
        I hope we can all agree, Bono is a dickhead

Bono said the bombs and bullets at the Eagles of Death Metal concert showed the attackers don’t like music.

“Our first thoughts at this point are with the Eagles of Death Metal fans,” Bono told the Dave Fanning Show on Irish radio 2FM today.

The U2 star added: “When you think about it, the majority of victims from last night’s attacks were music fans.

“So this really is the first direct hit on music we’ve had on this so called war on terror.

“We know that they don’t like music… and this and the cold blooded aspect of last night attacks are what are really upsetting because it means it could have been any of us.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That's can't be real DP, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            That's can't be real DP, is it?
            Oh it is.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Well Bono can rest assured that Mick Wallace likes music.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What happened to him when they frisked him & found the vest?

I can't see it anywhere. Did they just refuse him entry and send him off or do they have him in custody?

NVM i see it now

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                  Wish Horatio a speedy recovery and fair play to you for posting about things in such an upbeat and positive tone. Bad heart related news is the worst. You'll get there, one day at a time, etc.
                  Cheers Lloyd , Despite the weather have managed to get small walks in every day. At times I feel like nothing ever happened me and then all of a sudden like I've been run over by a bus.

A week off the smokes and just as my taste and smell return I realise I cant have anything that tastes or smells nice. So ye can all gtfo with your pictures of burgers with cheese dripping out the sides of them!
                  Last edited by horatio1; 14-11-15, 18:50.

Comment

Yes! Job done for Munster.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'd agree if we hadn't been bombing whoever took our fancy for the last fifteen years.

You could argue that doing a half-assed job at bombing whoever took our fancy for the last 15 years hasn't worked. Go hard or go home as they say.

Comment

No need for all this war stuff, people are superimposing the French flag on their Facebook pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                          You could argue that doing a half-assed job at bombing whoever took our fancy for the last 15 years hasn't worked. Go hard or go home as they say.
                          Yes they should have bombed better, that's it. Just nuke them all, that'll learn 'em.

Comment

You have to laugh at Pray for Paris, yeah religion is definitely the solution here.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Go hard or go home as they say.
                              Does anyone really believe that the military and intelligence agencies have what it takes to attack the oppressors instead of the oppressed as they have been doing for decades.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                Yes they should have bombed better, that's it. Just nuke them all, that'll learn 'em.
                                Do you really think the phrase 'mercilessly' came easily to Hollande's lips last night? He's the epitome of a leftie champion of liberal multiculturalism yet bodies strewn all over the streets of his capital seem to have focussed the mind as to the nature of the enemy.

Comment

Fact is the only time a nuke has ever been used basically did exactly that.

Comment

I read on CNN that some of the attackers in the concert hall were speaking in French. But have they not had a high amount of Muslims living there for years anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      I read on CNN that some of the attackers in the concert hall were speaking in French. But have they not had a high amount of Muslims living there for years anyway?
                                      I'm sure some of them were French. There's 6 million Muslims in France.

Comment

The Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse. Here’s what that means for its strategy—and for how to stop it.

This is fucking dynamite btw. Vital read for anyone interested in the topic.

Comment

So what do people propose as an alternative to evaporating these cunts with heavy ordnance?
                                          Invite them into Europe with open arms and no background checks with free money from the free money tree for all? If we keep rolling over and appeasing their refusal to integrate properly they'll eventually start respecting us,right
                                          I've had enough of noble sounding bollocks being posted by some people whos favourite song is Imagine. If you haven't grown out of that by your mid twenties youre a lost cause

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            I'm sure some of them were French. There's 6 million Muslims in France.
                                            Just seen so many people argue on FB saying that the attackers all came in as Syrian refugees.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                              Your wrong britain knew that the mad kaiser was hell bent on a european war.
                                              Russias guarantee to serbia germanys blank check to austro hungary also factors.
                                              Britain would have had to fight them at some stage no point waiting till they had defeated everyone and gained more territory.
                                              Good luck in the poker.
                                              Actually the First World War started mainly due to German interests in persian oil conflicting with Russian and British designs in the region. Also British naval interests had been undermined by German expansion and Britain were looking for a way to curb it. Combined with a mobilisation problem based on train timetables it meant that once anyone took one step forward then all out war was absolutely guaranteed.

It's obviously more complex than that but that's the gist of it.

Worth remembering that before the first country British forces entered during WW1 wasn't France, it was Iraq.
                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

He may have been a French citizen at the time of the attack but I'm doubt his grandparents are from garlic eating stock

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                  Cheers Lloyd , Despite the weather have managed to get small walks in every day. At times I feel like nothing ever happened me and then all of a sudden like I've been run over by a bus.

A week off the smokes and just as my taste and smell return I realise I cant have anything that tastes or smells nice. So ye can all gtfo with your pictures of burgers with cheese dripping out the sides of them!
                                                  Once you are on a strong statin you can munch away on those burgers.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

So what do people propose as an alternative to evaporating these cunts with heavy ordnance?
                                                    Invite them into Europe with open arms and no background checks with free money from the free money tree for all? If we keep rolling over and appeasing their refusal to integrate properly they'll eventually start respecting us,right
                                                    I've had enough of noble sounding bollocks being posted by some people whos favourite song is Imagine. If you haven't grown out of that by your mid twenties youre a lost cause
                                                    Who do you want to bomb exactly?

Comment

There is a key difference between these Islamist crowds and all those other terrorists in the past people like to argue about and that is that the Islamists want the bomb so they can use it. They are death cults in the most sinister sense.

We can talk and talk about multiculturalism, education and all that (and we definitely should) but this crowd are not going to be talked around in the meantime. They are 100% incompatible with the ongoing existence of civilisation and deliberately so.

Comment

Who do you want to bomb exactly?
                                                        The baddies

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                          There is a key difference between these Islamist crowds and all those other terrorists in the past people like to argue about and that is that the Islamists want the bomb so they can use it. They are death cults in the most sinister sense.

We can talk and talk about multiculturalism, education and all that (and we definitely should) but this crowd are not going to be talked around in the meantime. They are 100% incompatible with the ongoing existence of civilisation and deliberately so.
                                                          Why though? And how did they become so popular so quickly? They control a huge area. And it's mainly a popular uprising.

Comment

Just seen so many people argue on FB saying that the attackers all came in as Syrian refugees.
                                                            Unlikely I'd say. The Charlie Hedbo gang were French.

Comment

Why though? And how did they become so popular so quickly? They control a huge area. And it's mainly a popular uprising.
                                                              Does it matter? They exist and have to be reacted to.

Fwiw my own opinion is that a lot of people wringing hands here might just not be able to get their heads around the idea that these people genuinely believe the stuff in the books they repeatedly tell us they believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Unlikely I'd say. The Charlie Hedbo gang were French.
                                                                I had actually posted something similar in a group but then deleted as I knew I would be eaten alive. It is people who want the UK to close borders to refugees etc and this is their reasoning.

Comment

The baddies
                                                                  It's like you're the FBI switching off the power

There's no way ISIS could have expected this would lead to an aggressive western response

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Does it matter? They exist and have to be reacted to.
                                                                      How do you expect to defeat a popular decentralised force without considering how it manifested itself in the first place? There's no prime targets or standing army to attack here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        They're just bombing countries that are bombing them though. It's not a general bombing of the Western Hemisphere. That seems a lot more tactical than religious.
                                                                        I really don't agree with the line you are pushing. I don't think they will stop if left alone, do you think they will?

Comment

How do you expect to defeat a popular decentralised force without considering how it manifested itself in the first place? There's no prime targets or standing army to attack here.
                                                                          I have absolutely no idea, I'm just stating some opinions about why I don't think we can apply normal analysis to them eg what Hitch is saying

Comment

Comment

Serious Facebook cull today, suddenly every cunt's an expert after watching sky news for half an hour.

My favourite defriended dickhead was the girl who 'invited' me to do the profile pic French flag thing. After about three hours of just ingnoring it got a pm pretty much accusing me of being on their side, "we can't let them win, you're either with us or with them". I did ask if my profile pic contained the answer to world peace but I'm still waiting for a response.

Comment

I really don't agree with the line you are pushing. I don't think they will stop if left alone, do you think they will?
                                                                                I think they are hoping for a worldwide reaction so they can then retaliate on those countries too. They are very clever and not just picking random countries. Bringing the plane down was bad enough but openly gunning people down in Paris was another level. They have plans and big plans and that's for sure.

Comment

...
                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-11-15, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                    Serious Facebook cull today, suddenly every cunt's an expert after watching sky news for half an hour.

My favourite defriended dickhead was the girl who 'invited' me to do the profile pic French flag thing. After about three hours of just ingnoring it got a pm pretty much accusing me of being on their side, "we can't let them win, you're either with us or with them". I did ask if my profile pic contained the answer to world peace but I'm still waiting for a response.
                                                                                    I dont think there is anything wrong with the flag colours through a profile pic. I did it eventually. I didnt see any invites or send any out though.

Comment

Certainly casts a grim shadow over the Euros there next Summer.

Comment

I think they are hoping for a worldwide reaction so they can then retaliate on those countries too. They are very clever and not just picking random countries. Bringing the plane down was bad enough but openly gunning people down in Paris was another level. They have plans and big plans and that's for sure.
                                                                                        I think you're right but unfortunately knowing that doesn't change much. You can not react and not react but I would guess they will continue to do stuff like this in the meantime and you'll have no choice but to react eventually.

I don't know what the reaction should be but doing nothing seems like it will only encourage them to escalate.

Comment

The thing is the west is going to follow the bbv's view and the result is we're going to be fighting ISIS for at least the rest of our lives.

Comment

I don't know, I think these adherents are people who are easy targets for grand religious ideals like the ones ISIS pushes. We can destroy the current patsys for those ideas, but not how intriguing the ideas are to people with not much better going on in their lives. Like literally the best answer we have after evolving from apes all those years ago is the modern equivalent of bashing our opponents over the heads with sticks. It does make it a bit of a waste that we developed a prefrontal cortex.
                                                                                            Yeah it's very hard to know what the correct approach is but your line that they're only bombing people who bombed them first seems to imply that if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone which strikes me as nonsense.

Comment

I dont think there is anything wrong with the flag colours through a profile pic. I did it eventually. I didnt see any invites or send any out though.
                                                                                              CHD has a class one done
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Yeah it's very hard to know what the correct approach is but your line that they're only bombing people who bombed them first seems to imply that if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone which strikes me as nonsense.
                                                                                                They can keep attacking Russia and France till they get the reaction they want. I don't think they will sit back now. They are only getting started.

Comment

The thing is the west is going to follow the bbv's view and the result is we're going to be fighting ISIS for at least the rest of our lives.
                                                                                                  I think that's a reality we might have to get used to no matter what line we take now. They won't stop, they really want us all dead and will spend their time trying to make it happen regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                    CHD has a class one done
                                                                                                    Yeah it was brilliant

Comment

...

Comment

I think that's a reality we might have to get used to no matter what line we take now. They won't stop, they really want us all dead and will spend their time trying to make it happen regardless.
                                                                                                        And no one wants to stop for a second and consider why they would want that?

The whole middle East just spontaneously consists of evil genocidal maniacs that we have to kill first?

Comment

So what's your solution?

Comment

And no one wants to stop for a second and consider why they would want that?

The whole middle East just spontaneously consists of evil genocidal maniacs that we have to kill first?
                                                                                                            I already said I feel there are a lot more people with a lot more genuine belief in what their holy books say than people here are willing to credit. For ISIS, I consider that to be why they want what they want.

I'm waiting for you to give an actual opinion at some stage you know!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                              He's just very busy and bogged down with personal life complications. Boards.ie is accessible in work, here isn't. I'm still training too, just seemed like updating the log was a few minutes from the week that was easy to drop.

I obviously think iSnow is a complete chancer scumbag and have always been happy to pay higher taxes to fund the type of social services I think we should have but unfortunately don't have the time required to confirm those opinions with you all at present.
                                                                                                              You're entitled to your opinion as a roid raging socialist neanderthal. Even the knackers are entitled to a knacker opinion.We are all laughing at you Rucky Roid from the dessert trolley. As you were.
                                                                                                              Last edited by iSnow; 14-11-15, 20:22.

Comment

So what's your solution?
                                                                                                                nuke em
                                                                                                                I already said I feel there are a lot more people with a lot more genuine belief in what their holy books say than people here are willing to credit. For ISIS, I consider that to be why they want what they want.

I'm waiting for you to give an actual opinion at some stage you know!
                                                                                                                ISIS a recent phenomenon, blaming it in their religion is misguided. They're just using it as a tool like most powers. It's not their reason fur existing.

Comment

...

Comment

nuke em

ISIS a recent phenomenon, blaming it in their religion is misguided. They're just using it as a tool like most powers. It's not their reason fur existing.
                                                                                                                    Well spit out what is then?

Comment

I didn't say that I thought there was anything wrong with it.

Comment

I'm glad I don't care about things.

Comment

He's not socialist anymore. Now he wants to support dictatorships. Keep up dude.
                                                                                                                          He's a meat head jock. I'm used to dealing with such cretins. Lets escalate this Rucky Roid and I'll write you a cheque prob Tuesday...unless...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X