Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus whopper of a hangover. Chanel woke me to drive her to work. Must go brush my teeth
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

I can post you a few of them if you want.

The breakaway cords can be just as dangerous tbh. The cords break easily and people being people just leave them split, as usually you can still operate the blind. Problem is you're left with a long cord that a child can wrap around their neck. Best to have them out of reach.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Just saw in paper today there's a new saorview box coming out in the new year that will have recording/catchup features and all the English FTA channels,which are mainly the only ones with anything worth watching(aside from sports obv)

Comment

Spectre was worth a watch, way too long though

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              Just saw in paper today there's a new saorview box coming out in the new year that will have recording/catchup features and all the English FTA channels,which are mainly the only ones with anything worth watching(aside from sports obv)
              Well that would be excellent, and allied with internet for sports would be a real alternative for those that can't install a dish for freesat from the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                Am I glad you posted this last week V4V. If it hadn't been on my mind when I woke up with pains in my chest at 2am sat , I probably would have put them down to bad indigestion and tried to go back to sleep.

Instead I drove to the hospital , had a very mild heart attack and am currently in the CCU waiting to go to James's for some more work to be done.

Nobody to blame but myself. Bad diet , poor exercise , smoker but at least I got to the hosp in time . Hard regime ahead by the sounds of it. Only upside is 4-6 weeks off to watch racing and still being alive of course!
                Get better soon. Fair play to you going to the hospital, its a big decision knowing you could be on a trolly for a few days all because of a badly needed burp.

I ignored 2 of those angina attacks, wife was calling an ambulance for me one night, i was in so much discomfort, i smoked the pain away...

Quit those cigarettes fast. look up Champix, dont believe the stories, they are usually from people who are looking for an excuse not to quit, i know of several people who have used them to stop.
                And you now have a great reason never to smoke again, im off them 3 years since last month, never looked back.

If you want to discuss anything just shout.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I recokon if you leave a toddler alone for 20 minutes in a completely empty padded room they'd find some way to top themselves. I'm like a fecking lighthouse, scanning 360 wherever we go .

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    Jaysus poor Tony Ward, grim stuff indeed

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-34179564.html
                    Ouuch glad I was sorted before I read this(she said all men are wimps as I grimaced the words about the procedure)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                      Maybe it's just me but I recokon if you leave a toddler alone for 20 minutes in a completely empty padded room they'd find some way to top themselves. I'm like a fecking lighthouse, scanning 360 wherever we go .
                      Children are more robust than adults imo, it's just our (over-protective) parenting inatincts kicking in.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Xbox One question.

Can you use Xbox 360 games/controllers (wired and wireless) on Xbox One?

I hear there's compatibility packs out since June, but a guy in the shop said it's not out yet. Just wondering what we need to get in so that the young lad isn't disappointed on Christmas morning!

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                          The BBV is Delboy to Dobby's Rodney. Dobby you plonker.
                          That would be a good sig

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Xbox One question.

I hear there's compatibility packs out since June, but a guy in the shop said it's not out yet. Just wondering what we need to get in so that the young lad isn't disappointed on Christmas morning!
                            mia said no , it will break xbox as she looked it u on you tube before lol
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Yo Sats, what's the lowest you can bargain a new basic sky tv/broadband package down to?
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Yo Sats, what's the lowest you can bargain a new basic sky tv/broadband package down to?
                                new customer?

you be looking for variety bundle 38 per month offers at min in shopping centres are 25% off for the whole contract 28.50 per month or three months half price. If you look for sky world full pack rep may be able to get you a 6 month half price for 12 months 41.50, drop off sports movies then at five months and back to 38 quid,

BB is 35 per month , fibre 40 per month. what BB have u at the min . I can check on address checker if fibre is available to you if u want?

install is 30 but you get that for free.
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  Xbox One question.

Not available to general public yet but due soon (already behind schedule) some details here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/b...-compatibility
                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                    In the mots house, they have eircom broadband and it disconnects when the phone rings. Sort of assumed we'd have left that behind 10 years ago, is that typical?
                                    Probably a dodgy filter. The splitter thingy at the wall. A new one would be a couple of yoyos.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                      new customer?

you be looking for variety bundle 38 per month offers at min in shopping centres are 25% off for the whole contract 28.50 per month or three months half price. If you look for sky world full pack rep may be able to get you a 6 month half price for 12 months 41.50, drop off sports movies then at five months and back to 38 quid,

BB is 35 per month , fibre 40 per month. what BB have u at the min . I can check on address checker if fibre is available to you if u want?

install is 30 but you get that for free.
                                      Pm sent, ta.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        Probably a dodgy filter. The splitter thingy at the wall. A new one would be a couple of yoyos.
                                        The thought occurs that they don't have a filter at all. If not it's probably still in the box the modem came in.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            Any link or do you know what paper it was?
                                            PM me if you are too embarassed to say which sunday paper you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              Any link or do you know what paper it was?
                                              PM me if you are too embarassed to say which sunday paper you buy.
                                              Front of Sunday times biz section.
                                              I alternate between sindo and times,wasn't in the mood for hate reading today though

Comment

Absolute scenes in the women's cup final. Shels up 1-0. Welford equalise in the 95th minute. Welford take the lead in the 14th minute of extra time and Shels equalise with the last kick. Penalties on rte 2 now.

Comment

Did anyone go to the Nassim Nicholas Taleb talk in Kilkenny this weekend?

I hope I didn't miss the gig where he went the full Mourinho like he does on twitter.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    Absolute scenes in the women's cup final. Shels up 1-0. Welford equalise in the 95th minute. Welford take the lead in the 14th minute of extra time and Shels equalise with the last kick. Penalties on rte 2 now.
                                                    Who the fuck is Welford.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                      Who the fuck is Welford.
                                                      Hi, any craic?

Welford is the auto correct version of Wexford. And also a village in Northamptonshire, England.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Did anyone go to the Nassim Nicholas Taleb talk in Kilkenny this weekend?

I hope I didn't miss the gig where he went the full Mourinho like he does on twitter.
                                                        Yeah, the format didn't work at all.

Stembridge's involvement was to interrupt any time Taleb was warming up in any way and insert some stupid aside that would then need to be explained two or three times.

The Cathedral is stunning but poor for acoustics, I really had to concentrate to hear and was near the front.

Went to the Rory Sutherland talk earlier which was highly entertaining but basically a rehash of his TED talk. Would have worked much better if he was subjected to Stembridge's banter and Taleb just delivered a lecture.

Comment

Raise:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

3rd goal here

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                            Yeah, the format didn't work at all.

Stembridge's involvement was to interrupt any time Taleb was warming up in any way and insert some stupid aside that would then need to be explained two or three times.

The Cathedral is stunning but poor for acoustics, I really had to concentrate to hear and was near the front.

Went to the Rory Sutherland talk earlier which was highly entertaining but basically a rehash of his TED talk. Would have worked much better if he was subjected to Stembridge's banter and Taleb just delivered a lecture.
                                                            I was thinking of heading to it myself, purely based on Strewel's recommendation and a wiki read. His Black Swan theory sounds interesting.

Couldn't make it in the end. I was surprised there were tickets available as late as last Thurs, was it full?

Would have loved to go see Yanis, he was really good on that Miriam O'C interview on Primetime during the week.

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Halfway through re-watching 'The Prisoner'. Had only previously seen it on VHS, so the picture quality on blu-ray is amazeballs. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061287/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Stumbled upon this Jools Holland thing, which I can best describe as an homage. Quite the achievement, being more surreal than the orignal.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I've seen this sandwich recipe a few times over the years. Has anyone here actually made this or anything like it? I'm thinking Oleras, DP or Lazare are favourites to have tried it if anyone has. I'm seriously thinking of doing a version of it at some point unless it goes out of my head again.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      I've seen this sandwich recipe a few times over the years. Has anyone here actually made this or anything like it? I'm thinking Oleras, DP or Lazare are favourites to have tried it if anyone has. I'm seriously thinking of doing a version of it at some point unless it goes out of my head again.

http://www.cellarviewines.com/wine/m...tml?cr_i=26993
                                                                      Made one last week for opening of shooting season. Serious food envy from Ham & Cheese brigade. Will be making filthier versions as game season progresses...venision, pheasant, teal, woodcock etc. Dijon, horseraddish and aged stilton are essential as are chestnut mushrooms imo. One of these with a well made bloody mary = perfect hangover cure.

Comment

Jesus, that looks amazing.

Would the bread not get all soggy after a couple of hours wrapped up with all that delicious meat juice though?
                                                                        Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 08-11-15, 22:06.

Comment

Not yet, The Hunter Sandwich. That looks pretty damn good.

I see a throw down in the making !
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            I was thinking of heading to it myself, purely based on Strewel's recommendation and a wiki read. His Black Swan theory sounds interesting.

Couldn't make it in the end. I was surprised there were tickets available as late as last Thurs, was it full?

Would have loved to go see Yanis, he was really good on that Miriam O'C interview on Primetime during the week.
                                                                            Not full but a big crowd, around 700 I think.

Had to laugh at the couple beside me, I'm not sure how they ended up going but they hadn't a fooking notion what was going on, they left after about 15 mins of him reading Facebook and her asking every two mins "What's he talking about?"

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                              Not yet, The Hunter Sandwich. That looks pretty damn good.

I see a throw down in the making !
                                                                              Shooters Sandwich, throwdown anytime!

Comment

Finally getting around to using my tesco clubcard vouchers as they are expiring end of the month.

Have like €50 worth, you can get 4x the value for some shitty restaurants or 2x the value on electricity bills... I know the electricity is more +ev but I do like me some free food. The life decisions I have to make eh, rough enough.
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Also anyone know an easy way to get to channel 40+ on time4tv?
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                    Shooters Sandwich, throwdown anytime!
                                                                                    I would like to be able to shoot things, i live in the country but i just dont do guts and stuff. I like handling meat, yeah, its the cleaning i need to separate from the finished product. There was a great program a few years back, kill it clean it cook it type show, i could do the first and last.

Maybe i just need to man up and get my fingers inside a dead pheasant

Bread would obviously have to be be home made, no shop bought.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I would like to be able to shoot things, i live in the country but i just dont do guts and stuff. I like handling meat, yeah, its the cleaning i need to separate from the finished product. There was a great program a few years back, kill it clean it cook it type show, i could do the first and last.

It's the plucking that I find annoying. Sounds like ripping the hair from someones head. Have gotten into so many arguements over the years about the ethics of shooting

Still makes a nice Sunday dinner. Prob my favourite time of year.

Comment

I'd imagine, especially in the country, that you could ask a butcher to do the nasty work for you and give it back to you in separate cuts of meet for a modest fee.

Comment

I'd imagine, especially in the country, that you could ask a butcher to do the nasty work for you and give it back to you in separate cuts of meet for a modest fee.
                                                                                          I have this image of me dragging a lamb to the local butcher, trail of blood.

Ah no, im a believer if you are big enough to kill it you should be big enough to deal with it, properly and respectfully.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Ash Vs the Evil Dead isnt very good.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Pretty annoying wimming on the pitch taking penos before the start of the cup final today at the Aviva
                                                                                              WTF would ya get off the pitch girls.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                Have gotten into so many arguements over the years about the ethics of shooting
                                                                                                I don't wish to prejudge the quality of the ethical points you make on this, but currently you don't appear to be able to spell "argument".

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                  Finally getting around to using my tesco clubcard vouchers as they are expiring end of the month.

Have like €50 worth, you can get 4x the value for some shitty restaurants or 2x the value on electricity bills... I know the electricity is more +ev but I do like me some free food. The life decisions I have to make eh, rough enough.
                                                                                                  Tgi's.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Starting to really appreciate the sit down piss at night time. I just don't think you really get the proper shake though.

Not having to wash your hands is a major plus.

Comment

Actually if you arent eating meat...tgi could be bit hit. Cant use it on drinks either. Ill give you 101 off your cc billl

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                        Tgi's.
                                                                                                        Yeah I got 30 in tgi's and 30 in hard rock, they probs have veggie burgers/fajita's so should be grand. Electricity bill seems better +ev though cause of how shit that food is really.

Get your skrill sorted yet? Palace draw no bet was great today
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          I don't wish to prejudge the quality of the ethical points you make on this, but currently you don't appear to be able to spell "argument".
                                                                                                          Watch out he has a gun.

Comment

Don't think I have ever seen a bigger bottle job in basketball than with the trail blazers right now. 32-4 run at the moment, fuck portland!

Not even sad I didn't lay, just lolportland
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone signing up to the reddit secret santa?
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    i'd authorise the invasion of a small peaceful nation for the loving embrace of a big durty breakfast roll. ffs with every breakfast thing being sweet here. fcking pain au raisins - how about a pain au bacon avec extra bacon, joe?
                                                                                                                    It's not called petit dejeuner for no reason.
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This week is dragging in.

Comment

This week is dragging in.
                                                                                                                        I was convinced this morning, despite the fact that the alarm was going off, that it was Sunday morning, not Monday. Not a nice way to start the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          Pic of the cat sleeping on m shed roof on Facebook. On phone now so not going to the bother of linking. Have a look if ya want
                                                                                                                          Saw that one. Now more.

Yeah I got 30 in tgi's and 30 in hard rock, they probs have veggie burgers/fajita's so should be grand. Electricity bill seems better +ev though cause of how shit that food is really.

Get your skrill sorted yet? Palace draw no bet was great today
                                                                                                                          Nothing back from them apart from a 'we got your msg, here an ID number that means fuck all'.

Anyone signing up to the reddit secret santa?
                                                                                                                          Wouldn't even sign up to the local secret santa here for local people on ipb

Starting to really appreciate the sit down piss at night time. I just don't think you really get the proper shake though.

Not having to wash your hands is a major plus.

...... wash your hands.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X