• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol Manchester

Comment

I enjoy that.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
        Any idea when team is announced and when he is back from injury? 8/15 looks huge
        Squad probably announced next May, he is out until around Christmas. Obviously a longer term punt but you are getting 8/15 on a 1/10 shot imo.

Only an observation anyhow, Sporting not going to lay enough to make it worth your while.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Was reading this thinking 'ah yeah my 20th would have been last year'. Then started thinking WTF 20 FUCKING YEARS HAVE GONE ALREADY???!! Then thought what age I'd be when first kid was leaving school: 51. Then that she's already 4, so that's only 14 years away. ONLY 14 FUCKING YEARS UNTIL 51 YEARS!!. All the caps locks are because I'm having very serious heart palpitations here at the thoughts of all the years gone.
            Time goes more slowly in France.

As anyone who has ever queued for service in that country will tell you.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
              Squad probably announced next May, he is out until around Christmas. Obviously a longer term punt but you are getting 8/15 on a 1/10 shot imo.

Only an observation anyhow, Sporting not going to lay enough to make it worth your while.
              Xmas return for a broken leg is optimistic

Comment

Greatest league in the world

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  Xmas return for a broken leg is optimistic
                  Baines m8.

Comment

Gomez is a CB playing as a LB because Rodgers.

Baines, Bertrand, Gibbs and Rose would all get in before him imo

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                      Gomez is a CB playing as a LB because Rodgers.

Baines, Bertrand, Gibbs and Rose would all get in before him imo
                      Baines will start but surely one of these will start on the bench so I'm on the bertrand bandwagon for a small bit at 2/1 :P
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                        Baines m8.
                        Ah right.

Baines and Bertrand will go. Gibbs next in line.

Comment

Lads, can ye give my soccer team a like on Facebook please. We need to boost the likes to keep the sponsor happy. They've cut the funding until we get the numbers up. Much appreciated.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...00002287175864
                          Done by the other half

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                            Done by the other half
                            Tyvm.

How many smarties in this tub lads?? https://m.facebook.com/crosssuperval...pe=1&source=48

Comment

Tyvm.

How many smarties in this tub lads?? https://m.facebook.com/crosssuperval...pe=1&source=48

You are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post

You are welcome
                                Ty. Might not actually guess that but thanks.

Mdoug, this one is for your head. Bucket is 6 inches high apparently. I don't know the diameter of a smartie sweet but you seem like the man to work those maths out?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                  I left school in '96 so I'm roughly a year younger now than the people in your photo. I really hope life can't beat me up that much in the year!
                                  Tbh though from what I have seen of my schoolmates it seems that the ones that look older and more fuddy duddy like are the ones that married the first cunt that rode them.
                                  I haven't heard anything about one for our class yet which would be due next year. Don't think I would bother attending anyhow as anyone I have any interest in seeing,I would see from time to time anyhow.

To sum up, it seems to me that plenty of drunk, drugs and casual sex seems to keep one more youthful.

edit;I mean in the case of 1,2,3,5 not you.
                                  I left school in 1988 lol that was 20 yr reunion , fuck im old!
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Ty. Might not actually guess that but thanks.

Mdoug, this one is for your head. Bucket is 6 inches high apparently. I don't know the diameter of a smartie sweet but you seem like the man to work those maths out?
                                    m8 you need a smarties calculator -
                                    SPOILER
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                      I left school in 1988 lol that was 20 yr reunion , fuck im old!
                                      Lol.

I was only born in 1988. You're feckin ancient satnav

Comment

first world problems...booked flights to Poland for the soccer qualifier last week, find out now a friend has gotten tickets for the Ireland-France rugby match the same day. Would much rather go to the rugby. Any way of retrieving anything for flights booked to Poland? Name change on the ticket about all I can think of?
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

m8 you need a smarties calculator -
                                          SPOILER
                                          That's class but what's the answer?

Comment

Lol.

I was only born in 1988. You're feckin ancient satnav
                                            I was in Stuttgart. Ye young lads missed the best years.

Comment

That's class but what's the answer?
                                              Sure buy yourself a bucket and buy some smarties and have epic bants figuring it out imo.

Smarties are oblate spheroids with a minor axis of about 5 mm (0.2 in) and a major axis of about 12 mm (0.5 in).
                                              6 inch high bucket but unknown and different sizes top and bottom will make it difficult and I stopped doing any form or maths after countdown soz .
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Satnav left school before I was born and I'm going grey.

Auld

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    I was in Stuttgart. Ye young lads missed the best years.
                                                    Agreed. Late 80s early to mid 90s nut time to come of age imo. Sickened I still believed in santa back then. Then again, at least I'm not an auld fella.

Comment

If bucket really is 6 inches tall, judging by that photo it is ~7.5 wide on top and ~5.5 on the bottom.

Now with that information.... I have no idea how to work out how many smarties can fit
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ryanair now give you back ticket price minus €50 for each flight eachway. So if your flight was more than a €100, you can cancel and get credit.

^^^ fairly certain that's how it works anyway. Had to do it in January and was very straightforward
                                                        Three separate flights (Cork-Gdansk, Warsaw-Gdansk, Gdansk-Dublin) costing €70, €80 and €27 respectively. If I'm reading it right, does that mean I could get back €20 and €30 from two of the tickets?
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

If bucket really is 6 inches tall, judging by that photo it is ~7.5 wide on top and ~5.5 on the bottom.

Now with that information.... I have no idea how to work out how many smarties can fit
                                                          Ty m8. Full of random useless info you are. I appreciate the effort though. Might go with 843

Comment

Sure buy yourself a bucket and buy some smarties and have epic bants figuring it out imo.

Smarties are oblate spheroids with a minor axis of about 5 mm (0.2 in) and a major axis of about 12 mm (0.5 in).
                                                            6 inch high bucket but unknown and different sizes top and bottom will make it difficult and I stopped doing any form or maths after countdown soz .
                                                            Were you on Countdown? You have a link to the ep?

Comment

ECOZINGER

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                Were you on Countdown? You have a link to the ep?

I'll come up with an educated guess and guess on my own account later dobby if I can be arsed and then that'll be another ipb entry
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

http://www.videoweed.es/file/3qf5wqu3agzrf

I'll come up with an educated guess and guess on my own account later dobby if I can be arsed and then that'll be another ipb entry
                                                                  Ill go 852, I'm surprised you haven't suggested a fiver side bet for closest answer yet !

Comment

tbh I can't do this shit anymore at all, I'm going to be going for 2015 though

I got 3 very different answers when I tried to do it there, one for <1200, two for ~1800 and one for 1950. 2015 might be right cause ya know, tis this year and all. NO CLUE!
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'll go a pound with ya dug.

Comment

tbh I can't do this shit anymore at all, I'm going to be going for 2015 though

I got 3 very different answers when I tried to do it there, one for <1200, two for ~1800 and one for 1950. 2015 might be right cause ya know, tis this year and all. NO CLUE!
                                                                        Been guessed by people a couple of times. Stick in an aul guess if you're on it before Thursday at 8pm. Ty

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                          I'll go a pound with ya dug.

I'd be going late 1800's if I were to be gamblin'. 2015 was just a lazy mans guess.

@dob, first come first served or all into a draw if you get it right?
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Find out more about ANDERSON and order PATTERNS at http://andersonsongs.comDirected and Edited by Colm Russell - http://colmrussell.comFollow Anderson on Twi...

Good oul skins in this
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Guess zero.

They're skittles.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

@dob, first come first served or all into a draw if you get it right?
                                                                                If someone from here wins, they should sort horatio and Kayroo imo. Unless they're going themselves obviously. If I win ill be sorting my brother, horatio and Kayroo in that order.

Comment

Tyvm.

Where's Zuutroy with his math smarts now? Right in there with the volume of water on the planet, and not a bit of an educated calculation of smarties in a pic. I'd guess way lower than others, 750 +/- 25
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Did you not think of buying a similar bucket and filling it with smarties?
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      A sub-committee will be examining said bucket tomorrow and will report back with recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        We're all over this comp Lazare m8.

Comment

Interview tomorrow , wish me luck dont bbv me like!
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                            Interview tomorrow , wish me luck dont bbv me like!
                                                                                            Go to bed will ye.

Comment

Tyvm.

Look at all the other guesses and take the average.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                Go to bed will ye.
                                                                                                Can't sleep
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Frankie Edgar confirmed as replacement when Aldo backs out.
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    It's ok Mellor. I am a bit more safe. Just those regular Joe's
                                                                                                    No doubt, wasn't trying to suggest you just whisk eggs or anything.

Realistically, people rarely lose jobs to these things, it more likely that retirees fail o be replaced on a one-4-one

Pilots are a quick example. Continue the automation of aircraft such that only one pilot is needed in cockpit vs the current requirement of two. That'll almost certainly be done within 20 years (long distance flights notwithstanding) and means each future pilot is doing the work of two pilots today. 50% replacement by automation.
                                                                                                    I'm not sure if you're being subtly sarcastic, or if you genuinely chose possibly the worst example possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      City centre Sunday lunch - fancier the better? suggestions?
                                                                                                      Guilbaud for a nifty is one of the rare times the place could be accused of value*.

* before they hit you with the drinks bill

Comment

Hi nightcrew! I went for a nap when I got home from work and just woke up.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          Hi nightcrew! I went for a nap when I got home from work and just woke up.
                                                                                                          I went to sleep at 10 with the hope of getting about 5 and a half hours sleep before my half 3 alarm time. Woke up at half one. No more sleep happening
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

How come you're not in the last man standing andy m8
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

How come you're not in the last man standing andy m8
                                                                                                              Just not bothered innit
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Those prefabs are gonna be great. In 40 years time when they're still putting people in them, we'll marvel at our own short term thinking.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

We'll also ponder the genius of providing accommodation to 4,000 homeless Syrians at a moments notice while apparently being absolutely unable to house our own 3,800 homeless people.
                                                                                                                      Our 4k homeless aren't homeless because we have run out of room/houses.

Comment

...

Comment

I guess its a sense that our homeless somehow deserve it due to dodgy life choices. But then again when the homeless guy was found frozen to death outside dail, there was much the same commentary as now on Syrian refugees about the need to do something. The problem is we flit from one problem to the next based on media-worthiness. And if we can mobilise the resources to house so many Syrians almost instantly, how couldn't this be done for the homeless, given its almost the exact same number of people?
                                                                                                                          Well the good thing about refugees are they don't care where in the country they are put.

The other side is that they are not mentally ill and refuse beds anywhere. I still have my doubts on if any of the people who sleep rough genuinely don't have a bed to sleep in or if they choose not to or have been kicked for every hostel in town.

On the guy frozen outside the dail specifically did we not find out that he was given a house by his parents and had plenty of support but just couldn't/ wouldn't take it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X