This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Today should be the day we go over a million on here. Time to shut the place down then probably.
    Wait until the Cheltenham Comp is over and the proddie mother Teresa has coughed up the loots

Yank the plug after that, break into the service providers server room and burn all evidence!

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        I'm going to be there on the 7th of May.

/brag
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          I think your last sentence is key. None of us have first-hand experience of just how poor and priest-ridden Ireland was in those days. Except strewel obv. .
          We've gone from being Britain's poor, sick, red headed stepchild, to actually surpassing the entire UK.
          The mid 20th century, it was twenty times higher than it is now (66 vrs 3). That's national, in poor areas it would likely be higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            We've gone from being Britain's poor, sick, red headed stepchild, to actually surpassing the entire UK.
            The mid 20th century, it was twenty times higher than it is now (66 vrs 3). That's national, in poor areas it would likely be higher.
            I think it was probably worse in urban areas than rural. Dublin had some of the worst slums in Europe.

Although, according to my informed sauces, rural deprivation is now worse than urban - and much more concealed.

Comment

I'm going to be there on the 7th of May.

/brag
              Snap, following the 2000 Guineas the previous day

Comment

Dara o Brien a jeans and sheaux offender, that's about right.
                airport, lol

Comment

I think your last sentence is key. None of us have first-hand experience of just how poor and priest-ridden Ireland was in those days. Except strewel obv.
                  I'm not sure if you watched Claire Byrne last night, I would recommend it if you didn't.

There was a woman telling the story of having her baby taken from her in 1974, another in 1973. There were people not much older than us, born in the sixties still searching for mothers.

On Joe Duffy yesterday there was a woman telling a story of escaping from Bessborough in 1989.

The last Magdalen closed in 1996.

I certainly have memories of a priest ridden Ireland.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Why is it not handball? Is there a rule that using the back of your arm is ok while using the front is not.
                    You'll have to ask the referee that m8. I was just saying it was a lovely touch cos a couple of lads attacked poor Chad and we know he's a delicate little flower

Comment

I think it was probably worse in urban areas than rural. Dublin had some of the worst slums in Europe.

Although, according to my informed sauces, rural deprivation is now worse than urban - and much more concealed.
                      I'd imagine so, especially when various epidemics broke out. In Belfast and other parts of Northern Ireland, post WW1, the rate reached 150-200/1000 at times.

On an unrelated note.
                      How much loots up top for the tipping comp?

Comment

Our company replaced all the phones with VOIP phones. The quality is so good that it's really disconcerting, it actually feels uncomfortable to be hearing a voice so well through a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          Dara o Brien a jeans and sheaux offender, that's about right.
                          Nothing wrong with jeans and sheaux, it's just black shoes, and bad brown shoes that are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Nothing wrong with jeans and sheaux, it's just black shoes, and bad brown shoes that are bad.
                            I wholeheartedly disagree. Black pointers with frayed faded bootcuts are my favourite tho.
                            airport, lol

Comment

I'd imagine so, especially when various epidemics broke out. In Belfast and other parts of Northern Ireland, post WW1, the rate reached 150-200/1000 at times.

On an unrelated note.
                              This article covers it pretty well. The average infant mortality rate was fairly standard for Europe at the time, but in specific areas it was horrific.

Kids in care of the churchstate lived in poverty, were malnourished and had poor medical care etc. The crazy part is this: The people caring for them were handsomely paid for doing that job - the equivalent of about €100/week per child. It wasn't a lack of money that caused such a high death rate, it was neglect.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

On an unrelated note.
                                I've received €1200 so far and there's a good few transfers in progress, plus no doubt the usual slew of last minute merchants.

I'd be hopeful we crack €2k. 40 runners.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Kids in care of the churchstate lived in poverty, were malnourished and had poor medical care etc. The crazy part is this: The people caring for them were handsomely paid for doing that job - the equivalent of about €100/week per child. It wasn't a lack of money that caused such a high death rate, it was neglect.
                                  That's not even taking into account the income from selling babies to wealthy Americans, and using poor women as slave labour.

Comment

I've received €1200 so far and there's a good few transfers in progress, plus no doubt the usual slew of last minute merchants.

I'd be hopeful we crack €2k. 40 runners.
                                    You're turning into carfax
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                      You're turning into carfax
                                      As long as I don't turn into Danny Diamond

Comment

As long as I don't turn into Danny Diamond
                                        Or the lad who ran off with Corbett's World Cup loots. Hornswaggle i think...

Comment

Excel question. I have a list of account numbers in column A. In columns B and C I have values related to that account. I want to find out if an account ever had a value in column C that was ever higher than the highest value for the account in column B. In the example below I want to identify account 45678 only because the highest value for all the other accounts are the same for both column B and column C whereas for 45678 Col C has a higher value than was ever in Col B . It’s hurting my head a little and I have a not small data set to apply this to, so don’t want to have to try to do it manually, and I want to have the output essentially say yes or no for each account. If there was one line per account it would be a piece of piddle, but there isn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            Was only thinking about Ciaran, lad is missed round these parts.

Comment

Our company replaced all the phones with VOIP phones. The quality is so good that it's really disconcerting, it actually feels uncomfortable to be hearing a voice so well through a phone.
                                              They should artificially make it worse to comfort us, same way as when you don't talk on a phone it has that faint buzzing sound so that you aren't freaked out by the total silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                To be fair, with that username he really should have seen it coming.

Comment

Why You Should Not Be Running

If you are a competitive distance runner or cyclist who is serious about your sport, this article has not been written for you. This highly informative discussion is intended for those people who have taken seriously the advice of doctors, Physical Therapists, exercise physiologists, and the popular media's dutiful reporting on these sources of common misinformation about what kind of physical activity is best for your long-term health and continued ability to participate in the business of living well.

Makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    Pivots Tables, Max, Copy, Paste, If.

Sorry to expand just in case you dont follow. Do a Pivot table and find the max values in the settings function. Then use a simple If > statement. That's if I follow you right. It's a minutes work.
                                                    Thanks. I have something rudimentary done up using pivot tables bit I'm not convinced it does exactly what I need. I may not have quite stated the problem accurately, I'm still working it through a bit.

Comment

Why You Should Not Be Running

If you are a competitive distance runner or cyclist who is serious about your sport, this article has not been written for you. This highly informative discussion is intended for those people who have taken seriously the advice of doctors, Physical Therapists, exercise physiologists, and the popular media's dutiful reporting on these sources of common misinformation about what kind of physical activity is best for your long-term health and continued ability to participate in the business of living well.

Makes sense

The article is about the fact that running is not a strength building exercise. It doesn't say 'don't run'. It says 'don't run as a means of building muscle mass'

Comment

Excel question. I have a list of account numbers in column A. In columns B and C I have values related to that account. I want to find out if an account ever had a value in column C that was ever higher than the highest value for the account in column B. In the example below I want to identify account 45678 only because the highest value for all the other accounts are the same for both column B and column C whereas for 45678 Col C has a higher value than was ever in Col B . It’s hurting my head a little and I have a not small data set to apply this to, so don’t want to have to try to do it manually, and I want to have the output essentially say yes or no for each account. If there was one line per account it would be a piece of piddle, but there isn’t.

If it's a newer version of excel MAXIFS function will do this.

In D1 enter (and drag down)
                                                        Code:
                                                        =MAXIFS(C$1:C$9,A$1:A$9,A1)
                                                        Will return the max value for each account number in column D. Then it's it's simply IF statement to test if B>D
                                                        Or conditional formating

MAX and IFs compounded also work. It pivot tables as GAB described

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

The article is about the fact that running is not a strength building exercise. It doesn't say 'don't run'. It says 'don't run as a means of building muscle mass'
                                                          The first point was that running doesn't build strength. The next 3 points weren't about strength (muscle mass, heart health, injury)

Comment

Restaurant recommendations for near the NCH that are open on Mondays?

Comment

Why you should START running.

TRUMP .

No citation offered .

Comment

Not sure if running builds muscle, but it certainly tones it. My thighs and upper body have changed dramatically since starting.

Comment

Strength training website pushes their preferred method of exercise as being better than another popular form of exercise..... You'd swear there were no fit people out there before 2013 the way some folks go on

Comment

Who's the journo that's going down?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      Not sure if running builds muscle, but it certainly tones it. My thighs and upper body have changed dramatically since starting.
                                                                      Give up that ol running Conor or you'll look like something the Tuam nuns had a go at

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                        Give up that ol running Conor or you'll look like something the Tuam nuns had a go at
                                                                        No way Willie, it's me drug of choice.

Actually the first time in my life that being really skinny is a positive thing and makes me good at something.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Why is it not handball? Is there a rule that using the back of your arm is ok while using the front is not.
                                                                                  It touches his back, just below the shoulder blade.

Comment

The first point was that running doesn't build strength. The next 3 points weren't about strength (muscle mass, heart health, injury)
                                                                                    At first I just let this pass then I remembered I'd actually read the arcticle and ... Errm yes they were

2
                                                                                    "Endurance training is directly antagonistic to the creation and retention of muscle mass."

3 You'll die from running but no weightlifter has ever died

4
                                                                                    Seldom do you hear: “Your legs aren't really strong enough to retain proper stride mechanics when you get tired at the end of your run. Maybe you should think about running less and getting your squat stronger.”

Funny enough thats exactly what I've heard from and been working on with my phisyo.

Then he follows up with 4 points on the benefits of strength training

Even if he is to some degree right, and he could well be, its a terribad article.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      Ah missed a page of posts and see Danny Diamond has already made an appearance. He was a rather sad case. I think a decent guy who things went wrong for.
                                                                                      Read Cathal McCarron's book (Tyrone GAA player) if you want to see a rather sad case. Unreal stuff he got up to because of gambling.

Puts you in the ha'penny place

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          Read Cathal McCarron's book (Tyrone GAA player) if you want to see a rather sad case. Unreal stuff he got up to because of gambling.

Puts you in the ha'penny place
                                                                                          Is it not because he's a bit of a cunt who liked to blame things on gambling? He came across badly in interviews I heard particularly when the case with that 15 year old was brought up

Comment

Flying to Vancouver via London on Thursday afternoon at 2pm Eamon. Arriving to the airport at 12 is more than enough time do you think? Always wanted to ask an airport question

Comment

New wiki leaks CIA leaks are the kind of stuff people would still regards as tinfoil hat stuff,the internet of shit strikes again
                                                                                              The documents cover a range of topics, including what appeared to be a discussion about how to compromise smart televisions and turn them into improvised surveillance devices.

WikiLeaks said the leaked data also included details on the agency’s efforts to subvert American software products and smartphones, including Apple’s iPhone, Google’s Android and Microsoft’s Windows.

Must be the Russians fault again

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                New wiki leaks CIA leaks are the kind of stuff people would still regards as tinfoil hat stuff,the internet of shit strikes again
                                                                                                The documents cover a range of topics, including what appeared to be a discussion about how to compromise smart televisions and turn them into improvised surveillance devices.

WikiLeaks said the leaked data also included details on the agency’s efforts to subvert American software products and smartphones, including Apple’s iPhone, Google’s Android and Microsoft’s Windows.

Must be the Russians fault again
                                                                                                But Donald's phone definitely wasn't tapped

Comment

Arsenal look up for it tonight. Could win the game and restore some pride at least.

Heh heh heh

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                    Flying to Vancouver via London on Thursday afternoon at 2pm Eamon. Arriving to the airport at 12 is more than enough time do you think? Always wanted to ask an airport question
                                                                                                    No Eamonn, but given that your Dublin flight is to London 2 hours is loads of time. You'll be able to check the bags (if you have any to check in) all the way as well unless you have a leg in the US as well.

Comment

Omelette with black pudding. A frequent dish of mine as of late, absolute game changer.

BBV constantly delivers.

Comment

No Eamonn, but given that your Dublin flight is to London 2 hours is loads of time. You'll be able to check the bags (if you have any to check in) all the way as well unless you have a leg in the US as well.
                                                                                                        Ya just not used to checking in luggage in Dublin airport but 2 hours should be fine.

Comment

But Donald's phone definitely wasn't tapped
                                                                                                          Who said it definitely wasn't?

The gobshite Trump you are claiming is a genius is stating as fact that Obama ordered his phone tapp
                                                                                                          Do you think that happened or is your genuis just a fucking moron who makes up random shite at 4 o'clock in the morning that he thinks might from the utter and complete clusterfuck his presidency is?
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Arsenal look up for it tonight. Could win the game and restore some pride at least.

Heh heh heh
                                                                                                            Robbed of a penalty too

Comment

For some reason this morning I thought we were only about 90 or so posts from the million, but I was 100 out it seems. Tomorrow probably the day unless it's a quiet 'un. P&F should knock about 20 off the total to go tonight

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                Ya just not used to checking in luggage in Dublin airport but 2 hours should be fine.
                                                                                                                You'll have time for several pints
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Heh heh heh
                                                                                                                  That'll do pig

Comment

Who said it definitely wasn't?

The gobshite Trump you are claiming is a genius is stating as fact that Obama ordered his phone tapp
                                                                                                                    Do you think that happened or is your genuis just a fucking moron who makes up random shite at 4 o'clock in the morning that he thinks might from the utter and complete clusterfuck his presidency is?
                                                                                                                    Its almost like boy who cried wolf with him always spouting on with no evidence, he could have a video of Obama installing the tapps himself and we wouldnt believe him at this stage.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Absolutely pathetic and unprofessional from arsenal here.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        You'll have time for several pints
                                                                                                                        30 or more

Comment

What ever happened to the League of Fuckedtedness?

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X