Re-entry tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-entry tournaments

With these becoming the norm now for small buy ins, i've a couple of queries. What is the procedure for re entries? When a player busts out does he have to re enter straight away or can he wait until end of late reg/re entry period? I ran my first re rentry tourney over the weekend and there was some disagreement on this, the general view was that a player had to re enter straight away, i personally dont see any reason why they couldnt wait a while if they wished. Thoughts?

Also ive noticed that some tournaments are also charging a reg on the re entry, is this the norm?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Waiting is ok, reg is normal. It's just a cash grab from operators really.

Comment

A re-entry is treated as a new player. You wouldn't force anyone to enter as soon as they walks into the building, so you can't do it with a re-entry. They are free to enter right until the last second.

Charging reg seems to be operators choice, and if a player is treated as a new entry, then he is charged reg. Most places seem to waive this fee though to encourage players to re-enter, and most of the initial registration process would have been completed on the initial entry.

Comment

Re-entry is becoming the norm now as you said. Personally I cannot stand re-entry tournaments as more than likely you will bust the tournament to somebody who is pure gambling due to the fact that they can re-enter, also, with online Sats it is likely that some players have 3 or 4 bullets to fire at the event and the game is basically shove fest until late registration is closed. Anyway, after my little rant there I would like to offer my opinion on your questions;

A Re-Entry tournament is different than a re-buy and therefore you can choose to wait to re-enter until the end of late registration is you so wish. You are effectively just a new player buying in to the event.

Reg on a Re-Entry is standard as, like above, you are a new player. Some places are fairly decent and either waive the reg for a player who is re-entering or only charge 50% of the initial reg fee.

Comment

Originally posted by RG67 View Post
          Re-entry is becoming the norm now as you said. Personally I cannot stand re-entry tournaments as more than likely you will bust the tournament to somebody who is pure gambling due to the fact that they can re-enter
          This is a good thing and not ''more than likely''. So many people have this attitude. I don't get it. It's like playing a 1/2 cash game with your last 50 and playing scared.

Comment

Plus the uptake on rebuys, at least in €100 type games is very low, about 20% I reckon. Even in that Celtic game at the weekend there were people not rebuying when there was 100k up for €100 with no reg.

Comment

Originally posted by RG67 View Post
              Re-entry is becoming the norm now as you said. Personally I cannot stand re-entry tournaments as more than likely you will bust the tournament to somebody who is pure gambling due to the fact that they can re-enter, also, with online Sats it is likely that some players have 3 or 4 bullets to fire at the event and the game is basically shove fest until late registration is closed. Anyway, after my little rant there I would like to offer my opinion on your questions;

A Re-Entry tournament is different than a re-buy and therefore you can choose to wait to re-enter until the end of late registration is you so wish. You are effectively just a new player buying in to the event.

Reg on a Re-Entry is standard as, like above, you are a new player. Some places are fairly decent and either waive the reg for a player who is re-entering or only charge 50% of the initial reg fee.
              Because softer tournaments is a bad thing?

Comment

Working...
              X