Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

888 live event game. Who qualified on 888 and did you receive a refund off the reg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

888 live event game. Who qualified on 888 and did you receive a refund off the reg.

As per the title says. 888 are refusing to give me back my reg fee.

Its not a lot but annoys me when they have also shunted any live qualifiers out off another approx 17 euro when the conversion was done. €37 not an awful lot.

Anyone else having same problem. opinions. TBH the conversion rate i don't care about but just principle at this stage.

heres the promo. 888 are refunding the 888Live Local Series Main Event Registration Fees to players who satellite into or buy in direct into the event through their client. Offer Closes on the 7th February 15

What's the reason they gave you for refusing to give it back?

Comment

Hi David,

I have checked and see that the link you posted was as updated by the Poker venue and we recommend that you contact to them to confirm if they had a separate offer on this.

Our offer was a rebate to members who bought in directly and not for members who won a seat.

As per the newsbox of our holding tank it was indicated a $25 rebate would be credited to members who bought directly into the event.

"Qualified players list for the 888Live Local Dublin Event on 20/02/2015 - 22/02/2015 at Club Poker Rathmines (220€). Buy in directly from here and receive a $25 rebate that will be awarded to your bankroll by February 25th (excluding satellite winners). No refunds available."

Comment

If you have a screenshot or a link to where they say it includes satellites winners, then go with that but their response clearly says no satellite winners (I'm presuming you sat'd in)

From past experience, 888 are cnuts to deal with.

Comment

Was at the deep-stack a few weeks back and the missus called me and said she had busted the 10 dollars i had sent her on stars so i had mentioned 888 to avail off the 88 no deposit bonus for new accounts and they wouldn't honour that either.

Bunch off cowboys imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            If you have a screenshot or a link to where they say it includes satellites winners, then go with that but their response clearly says no satellite winners (I'm presuming you sat'd in)

From past experience, 888 are cnuts to deal with.

It was in the thread here see post number 25....http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...t=20342&page=2

They also had it on their website but its since been removed.

Comment

Deposit 20euro using promo code 888DUBLIN think that's it if it still open

Comment

Originally posted by pppspecial View Post
                It was in the thread here see post number 25....http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...t=20342&page=2

They also had it on their website but its since been removed.
                Looks like you have no comeback on that tbh. All of their posters say that it's buy in direct to avail of the no reg fee offer, but don't see it mentioning satellite qualifiers anywhere other than Club Rathmines post. Looks like it's their error. They (Club Rathmines) might give you €€ off some event or other, but it doesn't appear to be 888's error.

Comment

Originally posted by fivebetbluf3 View Post
                  Deposit 20euro using promo code 888DUBLIN think that's it if it still open
                  That's it exactly. I was talking to Mouhcine (the 888 live events guy) at the event and he said that you had to deposit $25 to get $25 free. I did it with the 888Dublin code and it worked fine so although it meant depositing another $25 it did honour the ad that I saw in the thread.

Stephen.
                  International Poker Open 2017 online satellites available on GG Poker. Visit www.internationalpokeropen.ie for more details.

The IPO is one of Europe's biggest, longest running and most enjoyable live poker festivals with huge prize-pools every year.

Comment

Hi David,

I have just seen this thread, I will contact 888 and review the issue

We did run the offer over the weekend which was open to anyone who played the event that if they lodged $25 they would receive and extra $25 instantly into their account to play... Not a release bonus

I will get in touch with you asap

Kind Regards

Stephen
                    sigpic
                    €30k GTD 888Live Local Series Dublin Festival 19-22nd Feb 2015

Qualify on 888Poker.com SignUp Here!
                    BUYIN DIRECT ON 888Poker CLIENT& GET YOUR REG FEE BACK
                    Offer Closes 7th Feb15

Comment

Hi David,
                      Ive reviewed all 888 Promotional flyers and looked at the agreement again to double check
                      and it appears that whereas their initial offer was a reg free refund it only applied to
                      a Buy in Direct on their site.
                      Ive established that we did post one version of this promo on 4th Feb which included the word
                      Satellite in error.888 subsequently opened up the promotion to allow all players to avail of a
                      matching bonus on $25 lodgements.
                      I would like this resolve and apologise to you now for this by offering you the refund of 20 Euro.
                      You can call/text Luke on 086 0204843 to arrange to come in to Club ....Wed - Sat nights
                      and pick it up or we can give you credit to play tourney/Side game if that suits.
                      Thank you for your Live support for the Clubs first Festival and i wish you well at the tables in the future.
                      Stephen
                      cc Luke Ivory
                      CLUBPOKER
                      Rathmines
                      sigpic
                      €30k GTD 888Live Local Series Dublin Festival 19-22nd Feb 2015

Qualify on 888Poker.com SignUp Here!
                      BUYIN DIRECT ON 888Poker CLIENT& GET YOUR REG FEE BACK
                      Offer Closes 7th Feb15

Comment

Dear Dave,

There was a $25 rebate for members who bought into the event. As you won your prize on our site, you did not qualify.

The thread you forwarded to us had one mention of a reimbursement of the fee for satellite winners in error and in further entries on the thread it only specified members who buy in only.

All information on our site only indicated members who bought in directly.

However in consideration of your valued membership I have added a $25 bonus to your account, in special consideration. I have also thrown in a 3 x $7 tournament tickets.

I trust this will resolve this matter and apologize for any inconvenience caused for any miscommunication.

Fair play to 888.. Yes all good Luke fair play to you guys also. I did have a re entry that day also but sure its all sorted now Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by pppspecial View Post
                          Dear Dave,

There was a $25 rebate for members who bought into the event. As you won your prize on our site, you did not qualify.

The thread you forwarded to us had one mention of a reimbursement of the fee for satellite winners in error and in further entries on the thread it only specified members who buy in only.

All information on our site only indicated members who bought in directly.

However in consideration of your valued membership I have added a $25 bonus to your account, in special consideration. I have also thrown in a 3 x $7 tournament tickets.

I trust this will resolve this matter and apologize for any inconvenience caused for any miscommunication.

Fair play to 888.. Yes all good Luke fair play to you guys also. I did have a re entry that day also but sure its all sorted now Thanks again.
                          all i can say is your a luck box

Comment

Working...
                          X