cash game - hand dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cash game - hand dead?

so missed the flop action but on the river there is a bet all-in for €188, on a q high board. The man facing the all in turns over a queen, circling the queen so everyone at the table sees it, but in particular trying to get a reaction from the all in player. Mission accomplished. He then makes the call. The all in player immediately calls the floor and asks for a ruling, is the hand dead? The all in player is savvy enough and wanted the money in the pot because he believed the hand to be dead. My initial reaction is that the hand is dead but just interested to know what the correct ruling is?

Hand is live; other player shouldn't be trying to angle shoot imo.

Comment

Agreed! Hand is live. Also have noticed it depends on where you play as some places will not allow you to show your cards even heads up!
      http://www.wicklowpkrscene.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by gra View Post
        so missed the flop action but on the river there is a bet all-in for €188, on a q high board. The man facing the all in turns over a queen, circling the queen so everyone at the table sees it, but in particular trying to get a reaction from the all in player. Mission accomplished. He then makes the call. The all in player immediately calls the floor and asks for a ruling, is the hand dead? The all in player is savvy enough and wanted the money in the pot because he believed the hand to be dead. My initial reaction is that the hand is dead but just interested to know what the correct ruling is?
        Depends on house rules, I've seen drastically different rules enforced in different places.

If someone accidentally exposes a hand, it's live (you're raising privileges may be revoked but nearly all places/tournaments you can still call/check down if you accidentally expose your hand). So based on that, I think the hand has to be live. There are rules specifically stating you can't do this (i.e. show to get a reaction), but if you pretend to accidentally show, you can achieve the same objective surely; rules with these sorta contradictions I"m really not a fan of.

Yeah I rule it live. Generally speaking, players should be allowed do whatever they want in a heads-up pot in cash game.

Also, bolded bit shows all-in player is angleshooting. There's no way the guy's hand can be ruled dead because it's exposed and him still be able to make the call.
        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by gra View Post
          The all in player is savvy enough and wanted the money in the pot because he believed the hand to be dead.
          That's nonsense tbh. Nothing got to do with beign savvy. He called the floor because he was his hand was beat, no other reason why he would.
          Regardless, if it was rules dead, his called would be given back to him anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X