• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Keane
    BOOM

I'd have loved Keane in his prime.
    If I had a quid for every time I've heard that...

Do I vaguely remember you being called 4StarPool at one time?

Comment

There was a girl called Phillippa Breheny from there in my class. Cousin of yours?
      Yep, that's the one.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        BOOM

If I had a quid for every time I've heard that...

Do I vaguely remember you being called 4StarPool at one time?
        Nope. I registered for boards in September 05.

Comment

Great well Dom, I met you a couple of times back in the day in the Fitz.

What advice would you give a 32 yo looking to get into IT? No previous experience, coming from an SEO background. Do a course or self learn online?

Is there any areas that you would suggest to focus on - database management, programming or the like?

Which of Liverpool's new summer signings do you think will have the biggest impact this season?

If Liverpool could sign one more player this summer, who would you want it to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            BOOM
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Important questions

standing or sitting while wiping?

If you could only have one leg for the rest of your life, which leg would you choose to keep?

You have to have sex with one, Britney Spears or Sligo Aine, Britney has a heavy yeast infection. Which one do you choose?

Rank in order of preference, SQL, COBOL, FORTRAN, VB, C#,Java, Python

Do you lift the seat to tinkle at home or trust your aim?

Red sauce or brown sauce?

four lights or supermacs?

What's the scariest experience of your life?

Party favours at weddings, how much of a stupid idea is that?

You said your missus laughs at your farts, in your experience do girls farts smell "different"? If yes, why is that?

What do you believe will be the next big thing in technology?

What size shoes do you wear?

What's your opinion on the geopolitical impact of the current crisis in the Ukraine?

What's your ideal breakfast?

Stuffed animals in an adults bed...acceptable or weird?
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                Live in Gaza for one month or Moyross for 12 months?
                Moyross obviously. No one shelling that last I checked.

Eat Fast food solid for one month or Vegan?
                Fast food for sure.

Indecent proposal , would you shag a decent woman ( partner will never find out) for 250k?
                Ya, sure why not.

Would you shag an ugly yoke for 1 milion , partner will know?
                I'm sure I could make it ok with the missus if it let her quit work for years.

Has there ever been a moment on IPB when you thought "fuck this , I cant do it anymore" if so when?
                Lots, but I generally just close the browser and come back to it when I've more patience.

Has there ever been an absolutely shock horror unbelievable deleted post? ( leaving out mine obv) spill??? without naming?
                Not that I can recall. There have been some abusive ones that someone deleted and thought better of, but nothing that sticks out.

Have you ever dabbled in narcotics , if so when was the last time?
                Never even had a drag of a joint.

Ever pissed yourself locked drunk?
                No, although I have sleep pissed (sleepwalking with added pissing).

TY
                Your welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
                  I'm afraid not.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                    Were more or less neighbours ever have pints in the half way house?
                    Never had a pint in there. I've been in there a few times for food, but only a few times in the years I've lived here.

Still hitting the gym not seen you for a while there.
                    Stopped going for nearly a year, but the last couple of months I've been going about 3-4 times a week. I'm usually there around 6.30 or so for around an hour, so probably don't overlap with the times you go.

What do you think remember of my pokering skills
                    I was an admirer of your 'cover your eyes while going all in' technique. Always a good laugh with you at the table anyhow.

Fav table of 8 other players from when you used to play for value and fun.
                    Eddie Tillane
                    Eddie Leach
                    Ronan Ryan
                    Alan Gibbons
                    Jimmy Wan
                    Mad Tom
                    Dave Hall
                    Postman Pat

Can i have a name change to Sickpuppy please.
                    Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by retdes View Post
                      Great well Dom, I met you a couple of times back in the day in the Fitz.

What advice would you give a 32 yo looking to get into IT? No previous experience, coming from an SEO background. Do a course or self learn online?
                      It's hard to say. I think education is the way to go unless you work somewhere you might be able to transfer over to that type of thing internally. Experience is king really when it comes to these things. Self taught isn't worth much without either experience or qualifications.

Is there any areas that you would suggest to focus on - database management, programming or the like?
                      Programming is always in demand. The likes of C# and VB are good to get into, although I've very little experience of them. I'm not a techie anymore, so I am getting more and more removed from that side of things.

Which of Liverpool's new summer signings do you think will have the biggest impact this season?
                      Hard to say as I'm not exactly excited by any of them so far. I hope Lallana will turn out to be a good addition, but Markovic is potentially a game changer, but I'm far from an expert on him, and he's quite young as well.

If Liverpool could sign one more player this summer, who would you want it to be?
                      I'd love to sign someone like Benzema or Higuain, but obviously not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        Important questions

If you could only have one leg for the rest of your life, which leg would you choose to keep?

You have to have sex with one, Britney Spears or Sligo Aine, Britney has a heavy yeast infection. Which one do you choose?

You said your missus laughs at your farts, in your experience do girls farts smell "different"? If yes, why is that?

What's your opinion on the geopolitical impact of the current crisis in the Ukraine?

I'll get to these important ones later. These are the last ones left at this point.

Comment

Don't have any questions but good read. The return of the well is good to see!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Don't have any questions but good read. The return of the well is good to see!
                            You're next obv.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

We can't have reached the bottom of the barrel that quickly.

Comment

Any suggestions as to how I can go back in time and unread that deeply disturbing Alex and Rufina story
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Very enjoyable well. FWIW I think you are one of the few poker players who actually underestimates his ability (most of us wildly overestimate ourselves).

- On my first trip to the Fitz, my brother pointed you out to me as one of the best players there. Do you remember my younger brother Sean (who used to play before me and actually taught me how to play)? Most don't (pretty sure a few think he's a figment of my imagination, in fact)

- You don't seem as jaundiced in your views on poker and successful poker players as most of the long time players here. Why do you think that is?

- If you could play one (but only one) tournament a year for the rest of your life, which would it be?
                                  My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Brief trip report from Boston and Chicago?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      Important questions
                                      They certainly are.

A standing crouch, certainly not sitting anyhow.

The right one.

Britney, but I'd be double wrapped and give her a good hose down first.

In order of how familiar I am with them it'd be:

COBOL
                                      SQL
                                      VB
                                      FORTRAN
                                      C#
                                      Java
                                      Python

I'm so out of practice at all of them though, with the occasional bit of SQL being the only thing I do now.

I don't lift it. If I splash the seat I wipe it afterwards, although if I'm going in the middle of the night I take a sitting piss as it's easier than aiming.

Neither.

Four lights is a Sligo institution, so I'd have to go for that.

Nothing stands out really. I thought I was going to be in a car crash a couple of times but it was avoided by emergency braking.

Very. I had to get the concept explained to me fairly recently. Thankfully they won't be use at my wedding.

Everyone's farts smell horrible except mine. I wouldn't say girls and boys farts are different on the whole though.

Possibly around properly flexible screen technology, although unless there is a matching breakthrough with battery tech to the next advance after L-ion batteries it'll remain mostly fiction, but a tablet/phone that can fold or be worn on the wrist properly will possibly be a reality in 5-10 years.

It'll huff and puff but ultimately no one will have the balls to properly stand up to Putin.

Eggs and bacon with runny yolks in the eggs (the white bit will be fully cooked though) and plenty of fresh bread to mop it up, and a big glass of OJ.

All that should be on the bed is a quilt and pillows (and not loads, just what's needed).

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                                        Very enjoyable well. FWIW I think you are one of the few poker players who actually underestimates his ability (most of us wildly overestimate ourselves).
                                        I think I'm realistic more than anything. I'm a reasonable player, but for several reasons I never threatened to be a very good player, although I had my moments when I felt I was in control of my game. I started to second guess myself a lot in my later appearances though which was part of the reason why I stopped enjoying playing as much.

- On my first trip to the Fitz, my brother pointed you out to me as one of the best players there. Do you remember my younger brother Sean (who used to play before me and actually taught me how to play)? Most don't (pretty sure a few think he's a figment of my imagination, in fact)
                                        It wouldn't have been hard to be one of the better players in the Fitz around 2006 or so! I never interacted with him much, but I know who he is I think (or at least I remember knowing).

- You don't seem as jaundiced in your views on poker and successful poker players as most of the long time players here. Why do you think that is?
                                        I'm not sure what you mean here, but I'm assuming you mean that I don't seem to resent people who are successful? In my view, most of the people who are good at the game (your 'firm' of players for example) are good because they put in hard work and they have natural intelligence and aptitude for the game. I'd never criticise anyone just for being successful, and I'm usually very happy when I see or hear someone I know (even if I don't know them well at all) doing well in a big event or crushing online.

There are some people in poker (successful and otherwise) who I don't like, but generally I tend to get on reasonably well with most people, so people don't tend to fall out with me either. Some people, especially in the close quarters and fairly small circle of poker players nearly thrive on conflict and form opinions that they won't change their mind on, but I'm generally from the school of "why can't we all get along".

- If you could play one (but only one) tournament a year for the rest of your life, which would it be?
                                        It would have to be the cliched answer of the Irish Open I guess. Even though I haven't played it in a few years I've been at every one for the last 10 years, and while I don't miss playing poker when that rolls around I still wish briefly that I'd qualified, and I'm certainly far too much of a nit to pay into it.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                          Brief trip report from Boston and Chicago?
                                          I nearly got into an argument with a girl at the train station in Chicago airport as my first action there as she was in the queue behind me when I was figuring out the machine to get two 7 day train/bus passes which I figured out quickly enough, but still took 5 mins as they had to issue a card, then I had to apply the 7 day credit to the pass, and do that for each card, but she had headphones in so didn't hear me telling her to fuck off and use a different machine when I heard her tutting and telling me to hurry up. We got the train into Chicago then and walked the 5 mins to our hotel, but got caught up in a pro-Palestine protest that went right by our hotel, so it took us 15 mins to go the short distance.

I hadn't been to Chicago before but loved the view from the hotel. Chicago is a great city, I'd recommend it for those who haven't been. We had a tourist pass that got us up the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower), Trump Tower (there is a bar on the 96th floor that is open to the public rather than paying the full fee for the 94th floor observatory, but we did both), the planetarium, the field museum, and the aquarium. The Aquarium was the only let down of the lot and I got to look through a telescope outside the planetarium that had a special lens so we could look at the sun which was very cool as you could even see a few sunspots on it. The Lincoln park zoo is a free zoo which is only a short bus ride from the city centre and was great as well, and we did the obligatory river cruise and I sampled lots of local beers in the bars around town, and watched the world cup final in a packed bar as well. We went for our expensive Chicago dinner in Benny's Chophouse which was very nice but didn't blow me away, although the service was phenomenal. It rained one or two of the days we were there, but weather was mostly very nice. We went to the taste of Chicago festival as well for a few hours one of the days, but it was mostly overpriced stuff and I wasn't that inpressed, although it was a lot bigger than the Dublin equivalent.

In Boston we got the similar 7 day pass (for $19 you couldn't beat the value) and got the silver line bus into town that left us very close to our hotel which was located on Tremont St. Hotel wasn't great, but it was ok. We got the duck tour, went up the prudential tower (I wasn't too keen on another tall building thing, but the missus wanted to do it), and did a lot of walking around town. We went out to Harvard for a few hours as well and wandered around there, and as the missus is a big fan of zoos, we went to the not free Boston one, which was worse than the free Chicago one I thought. We went for pizza in that place you recommended (Regina pizzeria) which was lovely and mad busy. Our expensive Boston meal was in Grill 23, which was very nice (I got the 10 oz filet, medium rare). Again sampling local brews in various places, and did a lot of wandering around the city here and there, but we were quite tourist-ed out for the last couple of days, plus it rained a couple of days there too, but we did go on one of the bay cruises as well.

All in all a good time, but if I had to choose one place to go back to it would be Chicago I think. There was things in both places we didn't get to do, and both were nice, but Chicago edged it for me.

Comment

We got the duck tour
                                            sounds like the worst tour ever

remember that it is your responsibility to choose the next well-goer, at a time mutually convenient
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                              If you didnt work in IT, what would you like to work at?
                                              When I was in school I wanted to be either a journalist or an architect, although eventually I plumped for not trying as hard as I could in my leaving cert and then cut my cloth accordingly.

Have you ever considered writing a book? If so on what topic?
                                              It's something I'd love to be able to do, but I'm not. I have briefly toyed with the idea of writing a novel about someone who hates his working life so decides to quit his job, spend all his money travelling the world and then committing suicide when he spends all his money, but then finds redemption along the way and a new lust for life.

Needs some work I'd say.

Funniest thread you recall from boards.ie?
                                              It has to be the now deleted Hawkeye/stripper thread I reckon.

Comment

What would your death row tea be? (Foods, desserts, drinks etc)
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Chicago is awesome but it's a seriously violent place. If it was one of your buddies it would be that guy who's unbelievable craic most of the time, but occasionally starts fights for no reason.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                  X