This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    doubt it. had a new york lamb gyro* from the food market outside microsoft in sandyford.
    It was sexual

SPOILER

*=kebab
    I go to that stall every Thurs at the Blanch market. Must be the same stall.

Get the lamb salad wrap with hot chili sauce, but ask for it on a pitta. Oh yeah.

Asked one of the girls in work did she want a kebab before and she balked at the idea, when I called it a lamb salad pitta she said 'yeah, get me one'.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      mate of mine in the restaurant/food/catering business told me 90% of the stalls in the sandyford market should be closed down due to atrocious food hygiene standards. On just a walk through, he said only one stand appeared to meet the standards.
      Dunno man, I ran one of those markets before, the hygiene regs are really strict. My market only ran for four weeks but there was an inspector there for three of those.

Comment

Yay! An ad for another new useless, won't make a bleedin difference hay fever remedy.

Is it too late for the injection?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Yay! An ad for another new useless, won't make a bleedin difference hay fever remedy.

Is it too late for the injection?
          Jesus I know hay fever can be irritating at this time of year, but assisted suicide is not the answer.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I was looking for a film to watch earlier and came across this film on IMDB that has a rating of 8.0 and it was the right length I was looking for so said I'd give it a watch.

It was hilarious in a very unintentional way. I have no idea how this got such a high rating.

Comment

I reckon the Vintners bankroll the Late Late.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  Well I will be at a home game tomorrow night so might have to say up, but I won't be drinking. No interest in drinking anymore. No interest in being up all night either. 2-3 hours sleep and then watch it sounds better.

Sitting here tilted as I tried to tune my violin by myself for the first time. Auto-snapped a string within the first second of turning the peg. Sigh. Have to buy a replacement string tomorrow, knowing nothing about them or putting them on. And will inevitably auto-snap it again when I try to tune it. And no class on Monday due to Bank Holiday to wait for my teacher to do it.

Hmm, it appears I too am a bit of a moaning Michael. But I can be forgiven it for the first time I snap a string imo.
                  I read that from a tapestry, olde english and all.

ammmm..buy more strings you weirdo.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone have experience with a sore neck? Woke up with it sore yesterday morning, pretty sure I hurt it during yoga on Wednesday night though didn't feel it at the time. It was much better this morning but I aggravated it again when I started on the violin.

It's quite unpleasant. I'm pretty good with pain, but it's a bothersome kind of feeling, oppressive if that makes sense, muddling my head and affecting my mood. Was clicking every time I turned it yesterday.

Apart from the likelihood of it being neck aids, does it sound like something any of you have experienced before hurting your neck with something? Assuming it will magically disappear, but open to thoughts.

Comment

dream of owning a flight pillow.
                      cup of cement
                      suffer for about 3 days
                      stub your toe
                      worry about a broken toe
                      dream of toe splints
                      cup of cement
                      worry about lasting damage to toe
                      cut finger
                      ad nauseum
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Anyone have experience with a sore neck? Woke up with it sore yesterday morning, pretty sure I hurt it during yoga on Wednesday night though didn't feel it at the time. It was much better this morning but I aggravated it again when I started on the violin.

It's quite unpleasant. I'm pretty good with pain, but it's a bothersome kind of feeling, oppressive if that makes sense, muddling my head and affecting my mood. Was clicking every time I turned it yesterday.

Apart from the likelihood of it being neck aids, does it sound like something any of you have experienced before hurting your neck with something? Assuming it will magically disappear, but open to thoughts.
                          The most annoying type of pain imo. Waiting it out is all that's ever worked for me.

Stick a damp facecloth in the microwave for 30 seconds and apply it to it for some mild relief.

Comment

Speaking of annoying pain, cup of cement stuff, has anyone else got a corn on their toe?

Got one from wearing cheap ass Penney's shoes for a couple of years.

How can something so small be so fucking painful? The slightest tap of it against something and I'm crying in agony like a three year old. Tried in vain to get rid of it, various potions and plasters, nothing works. Every now and then I use a nail clippers to cut away the hard skin and that gives a couple of weeks relief, but can never get rid of the thing.

Any ideas on how to rid myself of it?

Comment

Getting rid of the leg would sort that Lazare m8.

Comment

Only time I remember injuring mine, was a collision in the face with a pigeon. I was only doing about 30kph, and I doubt the pigeon was doing more than 10. About 2 days of real pain, and two weeks of lesser irritation. Don't think there was any long term damage, though , I didn't check up on the bird.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

stick a warm facecloth on it....corn...sore neck...bit of cancer ? sure why not...try a warm facecloth. as long as its not your goolies....Jesus doesn't go there love.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Speaking of annoying pain, cup of cement stuff, has anyone else got a corn on their toe?

Got one from wearing cheap ass Penney's shoes for a couple of years.

How can something so small be so fucking painful? The slightest tap of it against something and I'm crying in agony like a three year old. Tried in vain to get rid of it, various potions and plasters, nothing works. Every now and then I use a nail clippers to cut away the hard skin and that gives a couple of weeks relief, but can never get rid of the thing.

Any ideas on how to rid myself of it?
                                    Chiropadist
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Finished Fargo and thanks to whoever tipped it up, can't remember who. Fantastic viewing. Season 2 on the way in Autumn apparently.

Comment

I get the neck thing from time to time. Always when I wake up so must be something I do whilst asleep. Usually fixes itself in a couple of days. It is a very annoying pain. Voltarol cream is good to numb the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                          Only time I remember injuring mine, was a collision in the face with a pigeon. I was only doing about 30kph, and I doubt the pigeon was doing more than 10. About 2 days of real pain, and two weeks of lesser irritation. Don't think there was any long term damage, though , I didn't check up on the bird.
                                          Probably some Ballyfermot oul lad wit a creek in his neck from looking skywards all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            The article here is useful:

Think the Labour SNP coalition is 10 or 12 to 1. I can't count. Probably same again
                                            Last edited by elbows; 01-05-15, 22:20.
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                              stick a warm facecloth on it....corn...sore neck...bit of cancer ? sure why not...try a warm facecloth. as long as its not your goolies....Jesus doesn't go there love.
                                              Warm facecloth on the goolies is quite the thing.

Comment

Had paid zero attention to the UK elections until 5 minutes ago, it seems really interesting in respect of what the next government might look like. Might be money to be made there.
                                                If Cameron is to stand by his very definite assertion on TV last night that the that The In / Out EU Referendum is a non negotiable issue for forming a coalition then the only possible way for him to become PM is as a minority government.
                                                Its possible that he could form such a government but it will only last a day or two until the Queens speech when it is almost certain it will be voted down (whether or not the Referendum is mentioned in it). His only way out of that is if he can find enough DUP, UKIP and independent votes and work out a way to get enough abstentions to carry him over the line. I think though that there will be enough dissent in the party for them to sit back and concentrate on killing Cameron to worry about trying to get an unworkable minority to limp along for a few months.

Miliband will be PM but maybe not immediately and crucially for the betting markets maybe not the next PM. He might or might not make a coalition arrangement but the numbers are likely to stack up for him for him to run a stable minority government without any explicit deal with the SNP. It works better for both parties that they continue to play the no deal game they are playing... SNP need to stay marginal on English affairs because the West Lothian anomaly doesn't allow them to be seen to explicitly pull the strings of power in Westminster. After this election the SNP have effectively replaced Labour in Scotland and are coming from the same position on just about everything except independence so supporting a minority in return for some baubles is a no brainer for them.

The 2/1 about a Labour minority sounds like free money but I would rate the markets paying out after Cameron improbably limping into power in a no hope mess that won't last a month a bigger risk than a lib lab coalition.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Mayweather and Pacquiao have their own ring announcers at the weigh ins, thousands watching. Crazy shit for what will probably be pretty boring.

Comment

BBV needs to man up. Currently paying for physio to fix rotator cuff issue . The administer of physio is a fecking mid twenty year old stunner. I'm a bit old fashioned and
                                                    spend most of the time fighting off a non professional stiffie. can't help it , had the problem since my early teens with hot wimmins. Damn face cloth ?

Due to bad poker I'm watching the people on the late late show debating about same sex
                                                    marraige. They gheys seem to be unwraveling decades of inner pain in this debate. Jayz
                                                    do they really want to be married this badly ? let them, let them and put on a bit o music

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                      Think the Labour SNP coalition is 10 or 12 to 1. I can't count. Probably same again
                                                      it would still be a lay at 500/1 simply not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        If Cameron is to stand by his very definite assertion on TV last night that the that The In / Out EU Referendum is a non negotiable issue for forming a coalition then the only possible way for him to become PM is as a minority government.
                                                        Its possible that he could form such a government but it will only last a day or two until the Queens speech when it is almost certain it will be voted down (whether or not the Referendum is mentioned in it). His only way out of that is if he can find enough DUP, UKIP and independent votes and work out a way to get enough abstentions to carry him over the line. I think though that there will be enough dissent in the party for them to sit back and concentrate on killing Cameron to worry about trying to get an unworkable minority to limp along for a few months.

Miliband will be PM but maybe not immediately and crucially for the betting markets maybe not the next PM. He might or might not make a coalition arrangement but the numbers are likely to stack up for him for him to run a stable minority government without any explicit deal with the SNP. It works better for both parties that they continue to play the no deal game they are playing... SNP need to stay marginal on English affairs because the West Lothian anomaly doesn't allow them to be seen to explicitly pull the strings of power in Westminster. After this election the SNP have effectively replaced Labour in Scotland and are coming from the same position on just about everything except independence so supporting a minority in return for some baubles is a no brainer for them.

The 2/1 about a Labour minority sounds like free money but I would rate the markets paying out after Cameron improbably limping into power in a no hope mess that won't last a month a bigger risk than a lib lab coalition.

you've lost a lot of weight there SP. Miss Mirren would be most impressed. Did you get a bad beat ?

Comment

Warm facecloth on the goolies is quite the thing.
                                                          must be be me but know several people who actually climax with the warm jet from the shower on the back of the balls....oh, wo is me, that 3.5 bar pump was such a waste...( its fuckin plenty fromm the shower head...blows you away fro the hand held....as if u would use that too often.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

must be be me but know several people who actually climax with the warm jet from the shower on the back of the balls....oh, wo is me, that 3.5 bar pump was such a waste...( its fuckin plenty fromm the shower head...blows you away fro the hand held....as if u would use that too often.
                                                            GudJaysus

Ok I'm voting NO. I change me mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                              BBV needs to man up. Currently paying for physio to fix rotator cuff issue . The administer of physio is a fecking mid twenty year old stunner. I'm a bit old fashioned and
                                                              spend most of the time fighting off a non professional stiffie. can't help it , had the problem since my early teens with hot wimmins. Damn face cloth ?

Due to bad poker I'm watching the people on the late late show debating about same sex
                                                              marraige. They gheys seem to be unwraveling decades of inner pain in this debate. Jayz
                                                              do they really want to be married this badly ? let them, let them and put on a bit o music
                                                              Jools about to start my man.

Friday night is the nut worst night for the Tubridy show imo. That's Monday morning telly. Feck that.

Comment

Florence Welch is outstanding. What a performer. Some voice.

Comment

Best Jools line up in a while.

Really impressed with this bunch. Mini Mansions.

Strange set up, drummer lead singer to the fore. Like it. Very T-Rex sound to them.

Comment

Hotspur did you string it up yet ? Remember Violins is not the answer

Lazare. your zeal for muzik is good to see. Try get to the Staves next Weds in the Olympia, much love for these girls .

Comment

Hotspur did you string it up yet ? Remember Violins is not the answer

Lazare. your zeal for muzik is good to see. Try get to the Staves next Weds in the Olympia, much love for these girls .
                                                                      I saw them at the O2 a couple of years ago, they supported Bon Iver. They were great alright.

Won't make that gig, but great venue for their sound. Love the Olympia, once you get a good seat. Upper circle sucks balls. Got upgraded to a box one time and it was amazeyballs.

Comment

@Hotspur: Hot water bottle and lots of rest
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

PP next PM after Cameron has Miliband @ 4/7.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                            @Hotspur: Hot water bottle and lots of rest
                                                                            I read that heat is for chronic and cold for acute, but I think chronic = > 3 days.

Comment

you've lost a lot of weight there SP. Miss Mirren would be most impressed. Did you get a bad beat ?
                                                                              Its a bit of a struggle to keep it off, I'm about 4 Kg over my lowest but I've stayed under 85Kg for nearly two years now.

In the end tonight I was unlucky but I'd played bad before that. Went out because I thought I was feeling better and needed to get out of the house, turned out I was still feeling shite.

Comment

Mini Mansions. Wow.

Comment

You get in the shower and the spray head is set to Lady Wank you can't help but remember who was in the shower before you...
                                                                                  Which is worse Wife or Daughter ?

Comment

In the states at the minute, $89 SD and $99 HD to watch the fight tomorrow night. WTF!!!

Comment

Out fishing today. Took out a guy who I met in pub yesterday ( was a late night as we ended up at home tippling )

He enjoyed the fishing, can you spot him

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                        Out fishing today. Took out a guy who I met in pub yesterday ( was a late night as we ended up at home tippling )

He enjoyed the fishing, can you spot him

[IMG][/IMG]
                                                                                        Sleeping with the fishes, just like the other mate that you don't mention anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          Bought one. Be handy for training. Ty LSB.
                                                                                          Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                          In the states at the minute, $89 SD and $99 HD to watch the fight tomorrow night. WTF!!!

Will us regular joes like me and psv be able to stream this illegally?
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

But has the most important question been asked?

Will we get another series of The Thick Of It?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              Mayweather and Pacquiao have their own ring announcers at the weigh ins, thousands watching. Crazy shit for what will probably be pretty boring.
                                                                                              Floyd boxes him up and it's not even close, he's 1/20 shot minimum. Manny's only way of winning is by a flash KO and with Floyd's boxing intelligence 1/20 would be value.
                                                                                              All aboard the train, free money is available tomorrow night.
                                                                                              Do we back him by decision though?
                                                                                              Manny has to hit him early or he won't at all. Will Floyd lay off the gas later (he's not a KO puncher anyway and his hands are shot) on to make a decision closer so a rematch is viable? We're talking another $100m+ for Floyd if he does.

Comment

so, is Mayweather at 4/7 the bet of the century?
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I presume anyone who hasn't backed Mayweather is funking for Pacquiao? I don't follow boxing but from what I've seen of Mayweather he doesn't seem like the most modest person.

Comment

Finished Fargo and thanks to whoever tipped it up, can't remember who. Fantastic viewing. Season 2 on the way in Autumn apparently.
                                                                                                    I'm going to take credit for this, I definitely recommended it in a thread a while back. I have to it say again: Billy Bob Thornton = awesome psychopath!

Comment

I presume anyone who hasn't backed Mayweather is funking for Pacquiao? I don't follow boxing but from what I've seen of Mayweather he doesn't seem like the most modest person.
                                                                                                      I liked the story in the IT about Mayweather this morning:

In 2009, when Mayweather returned from an almost two-year absence from boxing by summarily toying with and then defeating Juan Manuel Márquez in the MGM Grand, he made the point of noting: “If Floyd Mayweather was white, he’d be the biggest athlete in America.” He went on to put his views of race in stark perspective, peppering his observations with the n-word and concluding that he would always be outside the comprehension of the media and many fight fans: “At the end of the day, they still look at me as a n*****r.”

It was confrontational and uncomfortable for those present and it led the late George Kimball, commenting in this newspaper, to agree that Mayweather was never going to be universally loved. “But boxing fans don’t dislike him because he is an African-American,” he corrected. “They dislike him because he’s an asshole.”
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                        Floyd boxes him up and it's not even close, he's 1/20 shot minimum. Manny's only way of winning is by a flash KO and with Floyd's boxing intelligence 1/20 would be value.
                                                                                                        All aboard the train, free money is available tomorrow night.
                                                                                                        Do we back him by decision though?
                                                                                                        Manny has to hit him early or he won't at all. Will Floyd lay off the gas later (he's not a KO puncher anyway and his hands are shot) on to make a decision closer so a rematch is viable? We're talking another $100m+ for Floyd if he does.
                                                                                                        What if it's the GOAT hustle by Pacquiao?
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Peanut butter on toast with tea
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Has to be a fried breakfast on a Saturda.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

good shout m8
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

probably going back 12 months or more at this stage, but who was it here that did blackout blinds/curtains?
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                  probably going back 12 months or more at this stage, but who was it here that did blackout blinds/curtains?
                                                                                                                  Me I'd say. PM sent.

Comment

Keith Duggan fairly went town on Mayweather, deservedly so imo:

What does matter is that Mayweather has survived as a consummate boxer and boxing showman despite evidently possessing a shamefully cowardly and despicable streak within. Behind the dazzling footwork and the sleek presentation and the unblemished record of career wins which has already ensured his place in boxing history, there exists a very bleak and small-spirited man.

So to watch, to not watch, to root for Pacquiao or to still be dazzled by Mayweather . . . it doesn’t matter. Mayweather had everything: the brilliant athleticism and boxing brain and smarts. He could have invented himself whatever way he wanted. There is a sense no matter what happens in Vegas in front of the cameras, Mayweather’s history of violence is going to be as much a part of his story as his skill as a boxer.

So it doesn’t matter how many more fights he wins: Pretty Boy Floyd beat himself the first time he struck out at a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      Me I'd say. PM sent.
                                                                                                                      It was Lazare. Get a price war going.

It's that time of the year where I will complain about bright mornings and talk about getting blackout blinds but never get around to it again.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        Keith Duggan fairly went town on Mayweather, deservedly so imo:
                                                                                                                        read this a couple of years ago about ALi NOT being the greatest. He was also a bit of a bollix and treated Joe Frazier very disrespectfully. His Charisma though obv is what made Ali such a legend, something that Mayweather lacks in spades. Pacman though should lose the fight but who knows what dance is choreographed for this. It's a real pity that this didn't happen before the pacman was sidetracked by politics and singing out of key. ie about 5/6 years ago. Even in the fight game people are cynical about the outcome and the deffo rematch afterwards. Someone needs to do some Yo mamma is so fat jibes ahead of it or it will become the biggest anticlimax since the Obama presidency.

Echoes of “I am the g reatest!” still run through the annals of boxing history. Muhammad Ali inspired his fans; Muhammad Ali inspired nations ; he proclaimed himself "t he greatest" —and the world believed him...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X