This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    almost nobody gets off on appeal, i think. like tiny percent of a percent for serious criminal cases. doesn't mean he won't, but ...

Plus he'll be maybe 3/4 years in prison before the appeal is even heard
    Oh really? Didn't know it would take that long.
    airport, lol

Comment

uugh, landlady rang to say they were giving me 3 months notice to gtfo. Must ask the o'donnells for advice

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Gets off on appeal almost definitely though?
          I wouldn't be as certain about that as Kayroo is going to be.

The Judge was very careful and tried hard to cover all his bases in his direction to the jury so unless there is a material error in the evidence or his direction overturning the juries verdict would have to be (yet another) case of us in the wigs knowing better than you plebs.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            b
            Capel St. Tempted to go Vicar St too, been meaning to see BBB for ages.
            Oh thats a most useful post, quite fancy BBB but its the Handsome Family I'm going to tonight...seems its Whelans I'm off to instead

If I'd known it was whelans I wouldn't have gone for a long run at lunchtime, will be standing all feckin night now

Comment

That 'm8' trend kinda passed me by.
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Not as bad as people who say 'yous' (or 'youze' in the venacular).

Or indeed 'ye'.

Think I have covered the city\country divide well there.
                Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                Top post to be fair.

Also ye has a use. What should one use instead? You? Sure that's just ambiguous to be fair when ye think about it.

I say 'ye'. Rigger talks sense, you need something to distinguish you and you (plural). All for trying to work 'vous' into everyday english.

Yous/youze drives me up the fuckin walls aswell though. I guess if you use 'yous', there's a 99% chance you're from Dublin, so you're fighting an uphill battle already.

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                I hate the words that have th in them that certain areas just say t. I can get over the speech part of it but when people actually write them as they say them gets on my tits big time.

Taught being a big offender. It's fucking thought! The teachers may not have helped with the pronunciation of the words but I am pretty sure they taught how to spell them.
                I don't get what you're saying. Do you mean 'thought' being pronounced as 'taught'? People hardly write tought instead of thought though do they?

May be guilty of over-using 'to be fair', think I use just the right amount though.
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                  it's not all about you m8
                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

That's a shame, was looking forward to the river of molten fury that a not guilty verdict would have unleashed.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Pints tonight? I miss your face.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                        Pints tonight? I miss your face.
                        Gr8 m8, i r8 8/8 can't be b8! But w8 im l8 4 d8! Hope she ain't ir8 and h8 me m8. I hope it's f8 & I get intim8.

SPOILER
                        That's a nah, got plans soz. Also I bet jiggaman hates this post .
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm a trendsetter m8s

Comment

Brag: Just hustled myself a promotion with a decent pay jump and a healthy bonus structure.
                            Beat: Got MrsV knocked up so the pay rise is more than spent.
                            Variance: Guru career going to have to go on hold for a while along with all the holidays, rugby match attendance and everything else. No pressure V jnr but you better be worth it!!

V jnr expected in mid Sept so maybe missing out on the RWC tickets was the universe's way of sending me a message. Game over sunshine.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Congrats Ollie!
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Double congrats V.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  Brag: Just hustled myself a promotion with a decent pay jump and a healthy bonus structure.
                                  Variance: Guru career going to have to go on hold for a while along with all the holidays, rugby match attendance and everything else. No pressure V jnr but you better be worth it!!

V jnr expected in mid Sept so maybe missing out on the RWC tickets was the universe's way of sending me a message. Game over sunshine.
                                  Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    I wouldn't be as certain about that as Kayroo is going to be.

The Judge was very careful and tried hard to cover all his bases in his direction to the jury so unless there is a material error in the evidence or his direction overturning the juries verdict would have to be (yet another) case of us in the wigs knowing better than you plebs.
                                    Are you a judge SP?
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

@Hitch, what was the name of the place that you stayed in,in Portugal? Looking for somewhere for a week in May.
                                        Thanks.

Comment

Excellent news, congratulations.

Comment

Thanks for all the congrats guys but it is only a date lads.
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ah Ollie thats really great news big congrats to the both of you

Comment

Maybe he is a sex guru after all....

wp to yourself and da Mrs. kids are handy enough after the first 7 years!
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Paleo baby food recipes plz
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...Congratulations on your date...Look forward to your trip report...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Oh thats a most useful post, quite fancy BBB but its the Handsome Family I'm going to tonight...seems its Whelans I'm off to instead

If I'd known it was whelans I wouldn't have gone for a long run at lunchtime, will be standing all feckin night now
                                                      they played other voices in 05. shout up a James Taylor request , yer man liked to sing him in the hotel bar (benners) afterwards. Apart from forgotten lake i can't remember anything from them then. very old fashioned voice

Comment

Comment

6.57pm, Blacksheep.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Haha. congrats . You can cancel the diet now you won't need it. don't listen to zulthorpe , it's an epic ongoing experience.

Comment

If you crash and burn will you come and get drunk with us? Let us know if you need an "emergency call".
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                If you crash and burn will you come and get drunk with us? Let us know if you need an "emergency call".
                                                                Will you play darts with me Andy m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                  Will you play darts with me Andy m8
                                                                  Yes m8, if the board is free. But I'm not very good. I have very poor depth perception.

Comment

Congrats Ollie! Great news.
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      So who is going to post their beer selection first?
                                                                      Mine for the evening, tis quite nice.

Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

That isn't an up its own arse crafty beer m8

I approve.

Comment

Gets off on appeal almost definitely though?

No chance. Why would he?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                            No chance. Why would he?
                                                                            Some serious leaks 100 percent pinning him to murder imo. No cause of death is a good start among other things.He In my very limited knowledge and from the evidence is have read I'd think he has a good shot at appeal.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Some serious leaks 100 percent pinning him to murder imo. No cause of death is a good start among other things.He In my very limited knowledge and from the evidence is have read I'd think he has a good shot at appeal.

I think there needs to basically be a fuck-up or grave miscarriage of justice to win an appeal. I'd say the judge and Gardai made sure everything went perfectly. I think even the jury asking for evidence and taking this long is a sign of how badly they wanted to get it right. Even if the judges in the appeal case think he's not guilty they cannot over-turn it solely on that reason.

Comment

You've really gotten into this case m8. Should get stuck into the Judge Judy boxset.

Comment

You owe me a £ eamo m8
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                    I think there needs to basically be a fuck-up or grave miscarriage of justice to win an appeal. I'd say the judge and Gardai made sure everything went perfectly. I think even the jury asking for evidence and taking this long is a sign of how badly they wanted to get it right. Even if the judges in the appeal case think he's not guilty they cannot over-turn it solely on that reason.
                                                                                    Yeah hitch mentioned winning appeals isn't easy, maybe so I haven't a clue. Thought he'd get off given lack of evidence, didn't understand the conditions of appealing
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      Yeah, i think i'll get the new version as a table top reader. Quite like browsing those things anyway.

@Shrap i'm level 9 french on duolingo so hit me with the toughest french book you've got
                                                                                      The cookbook is called: le livre de cuisine

Author is Andrée zana murat

If you want some good French fiction for light reading, let me know what genre and I'll send you a selection .

Btw, I did ask my friend re rennes but he hasn't got back to me, I'll send him a chaser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                        I say 'ye'. Rigger talks sense, you need something to distinguish you and you (plural). All for trying to work 'vous' into everyday english.

Yous/youze drives me up the fuckin walls aswell though. I guess if you use 'yous', there's a 99% chance you're from Dublin, so you're fighting an uphill battle already.

I don't get what you're saying. Do you mean 'thought' being pronounced as 'taught'? People hardly write tought instead of thought though do they?

May be guilty of over-using 'to be fair', think I use just the right amount though.
                                                                                        Yes people on here have use taught instead of thought when writing some sentences.

I taught you said you were coming to visit .

Along the lines of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

How many syns in a bottle of that ?

You still living the SW lifestyle ?

My missus rejoined and i need to loose a few so gona hitch my wagon to hers for a while and see where that takes me.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Great episode of Vikings this week. Next week is gonna be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Great episode of Vikings this week. Next week is gonna be good!
                                                                                              I have it lined up and ready to go.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                How many syns in a bottle of that ?

You still living the SW lifestyle ?

My missus rejoined and i need to loose a few so gona hitch my wagon to hers for a while and see where that takes me.
                                                                                                Prob full of syns but its Friday I dont care . I put up 3 pound while colm was home between galway and eating out was tough going! I had chicken stirfry for dinner today so back on track. Most things on a day to day basis I still live the sw lifestyle its kind of a habit without me even knowing now. Its so easy put on a few pounds and can take absolutely ages to lose that few pounds again. Not a chance am I going back to the way I was after all that work .

Shur if you eat what she is eating , the weight will fall off you win win GL!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Pp messenger special rooney anytime at evs max bet 20

Comment

Pretty interesting read over in tother place.

Guy goes on the road for 7 years.

Now Ye're Talking - To a World Traveller
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm always a little surprised as to how many people actually read this forum when I see a thanks haul as big as V's after a couple of hours. Lurkers prob x2 that number too I'd say.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                        I'm always a little surprised as to how many people actually read this forum when I see a thanks haul as big as V's after a couple of hours. Lurkers prob x2 that number too I'd say.
                                                                                                        But if it wasn't for the quality posted by the likes of meself and yourself they'd have nowhere to lurk init
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

This forum is by far the greatest of its kind anywhere in the world. Yous/Ye/You have become an intrical part of my daily life. Long may it continue.
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                            People who voluntarily board a public bus have no right to complain about how disgusting the people on it are.
                                                                                                            Unfortunately I cannot drive to work as no parking unless I want to take out a small loan...

It would just be so much better if people just used a bit of general cop on and manners on public transport...
                                                                                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                Sweet
                                                                                                                They had him at 7/1 fg in the shop too. Didnt get on unfortunately
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Congrats Ollie. Great news.

Enjoy the whole experience.

Comment

Gotta love boyles

2 all ins

Didnt even play a hand lol!!

Last edited by SatNav; 27-03-15, 20:20.
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

How many peeps are in the black sheep? Myself and the missus are thinking of popping in for a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                        This forum is by far the greatest of its kind anywhere in the world. Yous/Ye/You have become an intrical part of my daily life. Long may it continue.
                                                                                                                        But such a time sink !
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X