Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was in shop browsing/looking for some crystal. Was told there was some under counter. I bend down and there is a crash behind me. I turn round and see a display which was on 3 'pillars' of different heights. On tallest one there was a large silver frame for kids 1st birthday which had toppled onto other 2 pillars and tossed their display of silver and crystal baby/kids stuff onto floor. I asked stupidly "did I do that as I was just bending down to look at display you directed me to?" I was already wording the get out clause. Girl replied with some class "Yeah, you hit it with your fucking arse" With this response I decided that was it , it was their problem for setting up an unstable stand in stupid place and loose items on top etc etc and muttered something like that along with " I dont think much is broke" and dandered out.

They didnt try and stop me so I am in clear then?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        Andy - details of the Venezuelan bird, svp?
        She likes to touch me for no reason, makes lots of eye contact, laughs too strongly at only mildly amusing jokes. Doesn't seem to do this to the other guys on the team. Will have to work a bit closely with her to risk any shenanigans. Besides which, I'm a rubbish liar, so wife finding out would be inevitable.

Beat: Wife wants me to herself.

Brag: Wife continues to be awesome for all the reasons I married her.

Variance: Still feels like a missed opportunity.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
          Has it been confirmed that there will be a season 6?

What are peoples top 3 Irish TV Shows of all time?
          1.Dempseys den with zig and zag cameos from dustin the turkey and podge or rodge.

2.Murphys micro quizem family show parents 2 kids.
          Half time young lads used play a video game for points crappy games like space invaders or some sort of pacman rip off.
          Was pissed off never got on would have crushed the arcade games.

3. Anything by Eamon de Buitlear nature programmes.
          An irish Attenborough also wrote books accomplished musician and artist.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
            Was in shop browsing/looking for some crystal. Was told there was some under counter. I bend down and there is a crash behind me. I turn round and see a display which was on 3 'pillars' of different heights. On tallest one there was a large silver frame for kids 1st birthday which had toppled onto other 2 pillars and tossed their display of silver and crystal baby/kids stuff onto floor. I asked stupidly "did I do that as I was just bending down to look at display you directed me to?" I was already wording the get out clause. Girl replied with some class "Yeah, you hit it with your fucking arse" With this response I decided that was it , it was their problem for setting up an unstable stand in stupid place and loose items on top etc etc and muttered something like that along with " I dont think much is broke" and dandered out.

They didnt try and stop me so I am in clear then?
            Sick "I buy crystal" brag.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              She has just been transferred to hospital. Which i'd imagine is her highly paid legal team's way of initialising a defense around 'wrong meds' as opposed to the presumed 'drank five bottles of wine'
              Or The Voice is starting soon, no such thing as bad press.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                going to Dubai - whats the story with a Visa?
                Just pick it up on arrival, its a no to low hassle country to get into...occasionally problems getting out but only if you go on the rampage
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  She likes to touch me for no reason, makes lots of eye contact, laughs too strongly at only mildly amusing jokes. Doesn't seem to do this to the other guys on the team. Will have to work a bit closely with her to risk any shenanigans. Besides which, I'm a rubbish liar, so wife finding out would be inevitable.

Beat: Wife wants me to herself.

Brag: Wife continues to be awesome for all the reasons I married her.

Variance: Still feels like a missed opportunity.
                  You should probably stop flirting with her so.

Towards the end of his life, Sir John Betjeman was asked if he had any regrets. "Yes," came the disarmingly frank reply. "Not enough sex."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Mega-spoiled on L/H by cunts reading the newspaper on the bus.
                    Anyone who hasn't watched it yet probably needs to avoid well just about everything.
                    I noticed even Icarus appeared to have a spoiler on bookface, disappointing from an erstwhile good egg.
                    Got pinged on Twitter last night, wasn't 100% sure but I actually didn't really care too much this season wasn't all that, meh.
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

Its a big South American thing for the girls to hit on married men on the grounds that this is a group of men that have been roadtested. The brother was saying his hitability score went through the roof as soon as he got the ring on his finger in Colombia.
                        Not sure if its been scientifically tested.
                        Am sure girls find attatched guys more attractive possibly time to start wearing a fake wedding ring.

Comment

Andy is selling himself short.

He's a roide.

Comment

That makes sense to be fair as married men are generally going to have it more together in terms of finances, emotional stability, etc.
                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              Sick "I buy crystal" brag.
                              15th wedding anniversary coming up. Apparantly thats a crystal one and as wife into 'angels and feathers!' I was looking for something representing one or both of these.

The fact that I will be starting pike fishing on regular basis soon has no part to play in my thoughfulness

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                Assembling a team of people to kill Russell Brand. If you have skills that you think could be put to use fire me a PM, ty.
                                The cunt obviously got wind of this and is needling me. He has today released a music video and ruined one of my favourite songs.

Is there some sort of extension for chrome that I can block anything and everything mentioning Russell Brand?

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thought that was just accepted fact at this stage?
                                    There was some experiment (ducks maybe?) whereby the few male ducks who were witnessed engaging in coitus by a group of female ducks got all the duck pussy there after. Sick life. Pre approved innit, time saver.

Guess Colombians are less affected by the social constraints such behavior can illict, they are abroad too.

tldr: Womens, monkey see, monkey do.

Raoul Duke, Andy, the married lads here don't buy overly expensive umbrellas for the lolev or even to shield them from occasional showers. It's to shoo away the never ending storm of pussy cascading towards them everytime they step outside the gaff.

Probably best have at least a fake marriage under your belt.
                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 10-11-14, 19:11.
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Its a big South American thing for the girls to hit on married men on the grounds that this is a group of men that have been roadtested. The brother was saying his hitability score went through the roof as soon as he got the ring on his finger in Colombia.
                                      Small sample size, but I've definitely recieved a lot more female attention since getting married. It's like they think you're much safer to talk to because you're going home to someone else. e.g. They don't seem to mind as much when you catch yourself staring at their tits*. I'm sure there's a biological factor at play here as well, probably to do with competition for tribal status or something. Any evolutionary biologists in the house?

Friend of mine also has the theory that female sexuality is not nearly as different to male as we think. He reckons women like married men for the same reason men like prostitutes - there's no chance they'll want a relationship, just a shag thx. I'm kind of with him on this.

*Had a fun conversation a few weeks ago explaining to a bunch of women that this is completely involuntary and most guys don't even know they are doing it. Once I explained that it's like trying not to think of pink elephants when there's one dancing in front of you, they had a lot more empathy and dropped the standard "All men are just pigs" angle.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

I should have gone with 'tsunami of minge'.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Does anyone have any idea how I would access Taylor and Francis Journals online? Database in the college doesn't have access to the full PDF files.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Comment

Fair fcks for going with the breasts = pink elephants analogy
                                                It was tough, but I think I defended our much-beleaguered gender admirably.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  Small sample size, but I've definitely recieved a lot more female attention since getting married. It's like they think you're much safer to talk to because you're going home to someone else. e.g. They don't seem to mind as much when you catch yourself staring at their tits*. I'm sure there's a biological factor at play here as well, probably to do with competition for tribal status or something. Any evolutionary biologists in the house?

Friend of mine also has the theory that female sexuality is not nearly as different to male as we think. He reckons women like married men for the same reason men like prostitutes - there's no chance they'll want a relationship, just a shag thx. I'm kind of with him on this.

*Had a fun conversation a few weeks ago explaining to a bunch of women that this is completely involuntary and most guys don't even know they are doing it. Once I explained that it's like trying not to think of pink elephants when there's one dancing in front of you, they had a lot more empathy and dropped the standard "All men are just pigs" angle.
                                                  Using biology/evolution arguments wins no favors as rightly or wrongly it objectifies the said boobies as objects to be taken in a smack over the head drag back to the cave kind of thing.
                                                  You could make the brent-esque argument that the cleavage shape resembles the traditional heart shape which is as we all know, based off the view from the rear during coitus. This would then lead onto the fact breasts developed as they are to encourage face to face mating which dramatically increased the need to communicate with the opposite sex and in turn made man the dominant species on earth. Using this you can logically follow through saying that each time you observe or are caught observing said mammaries, you are unconsciously acknowledging the need to communicate with the person and not simply breaking them down into a sum of desirable parts.

Or you could say you are a budding artist and while most are drawn towards perfect symmetrical form, you find that true beauty is hidden in the uniqueness of the average unsymmetrical set of bangers.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Tech question

Like flushdraws laptop mine has become infected with that ad ware programe I want to reload windows on this but don't have the orginal serial number, is there any way I can get this from windows, where do I look thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                      Tech question

Like flushdraws laptop mine has become infected with that ad ware programe I want to reload windows on this but don't have the orginal serial number, is there any way I can get this from windows, where do I look thanks
                                                      Is there a Windows license sticker on the laptop/PC? That would have your S/N.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                        Thought that was just accepted fact at this stage?
                                                        There was some experiment (ducks maybe?) whereby the few male ducks who were witnessed engaging im coitus by a group of female ducks got all the duck pussy there after.
                                                        Most ducks are monogamous. Also Mallard ducks are notorious rapists and engage in gang rape.

You learn some strange things in sociobiology.

Comment

What college are you in? Nearly all the colleges / unis subscribe to the exact same package of journals. Exception being TCD. What journals are they and I can have a quick check?
                                                          In Waterford, seems to be the only database with the journals I need, can't get full text anywhere, wasn't aware they were all the same, thanks Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                            This is from the t+c's for the welcome bonus with 10bet. Madness!

Players from Armenia, Belarus, China, Czech, Georgia, Romania, Serbia, Uzbekistan and rest of the world must roll over the deposit once to release the bonus and wager the deposit and the bonus 8 times before they can withdraw their winnings. All wagers must be made on 3-selection combo bets at odds of at least 1.60 per selection.
                                                            Sort of wondering aloud here, but what would a bookies designed by punters be like?

Are the goals of bettors and bookmaker too diametrically opposed that you couldn't design an outfit that would both satisfy gamblers and be profitable.

If Carslberg offered bets ...

Comment

Fleetwood mac playing Dublin next June, i am excite.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                1. 40 coats
                                                                2. Leave it to Mrs O'Brien
                                                                3. Murphy's Micro Quizm
                                                                1.Strumpet City
                                                                2.School Around the Corner
                                                                3.Where in the world
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Love/Hate took its time but it got there in the end.

Now thats over, i can show potato 3, today was fondant potato, basically a poached spud after frying one side.

It was a winner imo.

The slow cooker wasn't though, got one yesterday and tried housekeepers cut in it, 8 hours later it was just as tough as it would have been for 90mins in an over, live and learn etc, was still tasty though.

SPOILER

I did this last week and it came out so tender. What did you put in the slow cooker with the cut?

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                  Tech question

There are a load of programs out there that will detect the windows key. What is your OS?

The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves your Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry.

Comment

What broker/online platform did people here recommend for buying shares? I won't be trading very much, if at all.

Just want somewhere to buy some stocks with some extra cash I've got.

Thanks
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                      I did this last week and it came out so tender. What did you put in the slow cooker with the cut?
                                                                      Chicken stock, red wine, carrots and onions and mushrooms.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                        What broker/online platform did people here recommend for buying shares? I won't be trading very much, if at all.

Thanks
                                                                        TD Direct Investing is grand for this.

Comment

The Late Late is the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            TD Direct Investing is grand for this.
                                                                            Davy online seems cheaper?
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Thanks
                                                                              Be careful with TD. They will screw you on currency if you are planning to trade USD/GBP stocks and your base account is EUR. Their software is also pretty crap tbh.

My preference is Saxobank. Better fx rates, better software/charting and now offering options. Good customer service too. GL

Davy's commissions are woeful.

Comment

Is there a recommended slow cooker that has been suggested here in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  I have one (used about thrice) you have for nothing if we can figure out how to get it from me to you.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    1.Strumpet City
                                                                                    2.School Around the Corner
                                                                                    3.Where in the world
                                                                                    I wasn't actually serious with my selection, although I do dinner enjoy 1 and 3 when I was about 5. 2 was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      My one is a 6.5litre and it was not that expensive. 25.00 out of argos.

Used to have a smaller one but ended up cooling things in pots as I couldn't fit it all in. This thing is great but prob too big for a fella like yourself.

Comment

LH

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          I wasn't actually serious with my selection, although I do dinner enjoy 1 and 3 when I was about 5. 2 was awful.
                                                                                          Bet you still know the song.

Comment

LH

SPOILER
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Stupid of anyone to question it. Clearly dead the same as Darren when people said he was alive.
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              Bet you still know the song.
                                                                                              Iiiiiiitts theeeeeeeeee....
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                Stupid of anyone to question it. Clearly dead the same as Darren when people said he was alive.
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                Darren was "clearly" dead at the end of season one too though.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Darren was "clearly" dead at the end of season one too though.
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  nidge was clearly dead. Point blank plenty of blood and the shot of him lifeless zooming in on the runners.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Love/Hate

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Never watched it, didn't fancy it at all and no intention of ever watching it. Could not believe FB this morning, my whole page on the stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Love/Hate

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Never watched it, didn't fancy it at all and no intention of ever watching it. Could not believe FB this morning, my whole page on the stuff!
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          super cautious spoilering!!
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Honda, your condescending attitude will not stand m8

Comment

Garda Patrol was the greatest piece of televisual genius ever.

I pity the fools who are too young to have been enthralled by it as a young fella.
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                Raoul Duke, Andy, the married lads here don't buy overly expensive umbrellas for the lolev or even to shield them from occasional showers. It's to shoo away the newer ending storm of pussy cascading towards them everytime they step outside the gaff.
                                                                                                                It's a serious problem.
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                  Honda, your condescending attitude will not stand m8
                                                                                                                  I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about other things you wouldn't understand.
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

With regard to married men and fertility etc:
                                                                                                                    Sister lives in an area that is somewhere between milf central and stepford wives ground zero.
                                                                                                                    Go for lunch with the sister and the 4 month old nephew about once a week.
                                                                                                                    & Everytime I wheel the buggy or hold the kid I gain the type of attention from the Julies that is usually kept for the bradley pit types!

She finds this hilarious even though this is obviously this is the type of attention I should get anyhu, but alas the world dinna work like that.

With regard titties:
                                                                                                                    I always found/thought showing interest but being the only guy not staring at the best tits in the room to be +EV

With regard to school around the bollix:
                                                                                                                    Fuck you DP; I never even watched that shite and the song is now stuck in my head

Comment

...massive Love Hate spoiler alert coming on RTE news in 3 minutes...

Comment

Been trying to use shallots instead of regular onions recently following some random comment by Shraaaappp about them being better. Man, they are an absolute fcker on the eyes. Way worse than onions. Feel like I've grown a pair of pink elephants and watched The Notebook.
                                                                                                                        Chop the bottoms off and stick in a bowl, pour boiling water over and leave for a few minutes. Lossens the skin up and will just slip off after.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about other things you wouldn't understand.
                                                                                                                          You're right, but I'm not that way inclined.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X