This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    It seems totally incredible to me now that everyone spent that evening as though it were just like any other. From the railway station came the sound of shunting trains, ringing and rumbling, softened almost into melody by the distance. It all seemed so safe and tranquil.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        This is the same Russians who used to plant bombs in Moscow and claim it was the Chechen's

Cunts gonna cunt
        Ya they faked this too http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&...8YRXdO8Pd27cIQ

Comment

Flying the exact route of MH17 same time etc in 2 weeks, don't really know what to think other than there will never be a safer time? Was and still am seriously spooked when the news came through today.
          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
            Bunch of Russian soilders were arrested planting bombs in a Moscow warehouse

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                Flying the exact route of MH17 same time etc in 2 weeks, don't really know what to think other than there will never be a safer time?
                I'd like to say something supportive here.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Maybe have a chat with TheImprover to discuss common interest?

Where did I say the chechens did nothing?

Russian soilders were arrested planting bombs. News crew showed up and it leaked before they could shut it down

Not getting into it with a pair of fuckwit like ye tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                    Flying the exact route of MH17 same time etc in 2 weeks, don't really know what to think other than there will never be a safer time? Was and still am seriously spooked when the news came through today.
                    From what little I saw of the discussion on BBC,
                    the plane was circa 120 miles north of the path where it was planned to travel.
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Comment

Erm Hitch, you might be using the wrong meme there.
                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-07-14, 23:21.

Comment

It seems totally incredible to me now that everyone spent that evening as though it were just like any other. From the railway station came the sound of shunting trains, ringing and rumbling, softened almost into melody by the distance. It all seemed so safe and tranquil.
                              Mr Hicks would like a word in your ear:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Huh? Ah you mean the 'have a seat over there' thing. That's a big one on fark.com, but has evolved since then.
                                Ah right, so they're not paedos, grand job.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Don't try the water, it has fluoride!
                                  That it?

Weak as shit comeback

Its a big hole you're looking down Alice

You sure you want to come and play?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well that's just bad form, you said you weren't getting into it with a fuckwit like me
                                        You're right!

Bye!

Comment

Comment

Bye! Thanks for taking to a fuckwit. Keep the conspiracy theories coming.
                                            Maybe your views have been softened by marrying a Russian i live with one for 6 years and 9 monh old baby mad cunts to be fair.

Comment

Comment

So do people think that July 17th 2014 could go down in history as quite an important date?
                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

Its really that if you say something against the accepted facts, like e.g. Russian soldiers planting the bombs rather than the identified Chechen guys, then you need to provide proof of it. You can't just throw it out in a sentence without any source. Otherwise its a conspiracy theory.

Comment

10 seconds of looking:

The photograph below of a detonator pre-set to explode a bomb calls into question Russian leader Vladimir Putin's line - endorsed by Tony Blair during his visit to Russia yesterday - that Chechen terrorists were responsible for the explosions that killed more than 200 Russians last year.

I got the warehouse bit wrong it was a basement, but I didn't realize you had to back up everything you ever read incase you were called out by a fuckwit looking for a source

What a sad sad world to live in!
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 18-07-14, 01:43. Reason: *meh can't be arsed

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        It's pretty amazing what you accept as fact isn't it?

The more I think about my cousin's accident now the more plausible it seems that his girlfriend was mistaken.

Ambulance crews by their very nature are altruistic individuals, they're not usually in the job for personal gain, it's so much more likely that in the confusion and chaos of the event, and in the time spent waiting for said crew to arrive, someone at the scene stole his belongings.

I never really questioned it before until now.
                                                        I was in Moscow for an Irish match a good few years ago and a bunch of Irish guys got badly beaten and stabbed in the middle of the day. The amblaunce crews that arrived wanted money before they'd deal with anyone. Pretty sure those guys would have stolen anything they could if people were unconscious or dead.
                                                        twitter
                                                        moneybookers

Comment

Confirmed not peados. Got to keep up to date with the evolution of these memes.
                                                          No evolution there.

That lad hunted paedos for a good while on Dateline NBC. Was very weird TV, eventually caught someone of importance, politician I think, and he shot himself in the head whilst they chased him on camera. He was in his Gaf after being confronted, they were outside.

That ended that successful series. Lots of clips of the show on youtube.

Murica.

Comment

10 seconds of looking:

The photograph below of a detonator pre-set to explode a bomb calls into question Russian leader Vladimir Putin's line - endorsed by Tony Blair during his visit to Russia yesterday - that Chechen terrorists were responsible for the explosions that killed more than 200 Russians last year.

I got the warehouse bit wrong it was a basement, but I didn't realize you had to back up everything you ever read incase you were called out by a fuckwit looking for a source

What a sad sad world to live in!
                                                            Rosenborg are terrible. Sligo are shit.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              Rosenborg are terrible. Sligo are shit.
                                                              Having watched the game I can but only agree.

Is shit better than terrible now?

Jasas when did that happen?

Comment

Having watched the game I can but only agree.

Is shit better than terrible now?

Jasas when did that happen?
                                                                I prefer when you bite.

Must get a bigger fishing rod

G'wan the Bit O'Red, despite Kevs BBV attempts.

Comment

The weird thing about the aeroplane being shot down was that it was almost certainly a mistake. Neither side have anything to gain from shooting a passenger jet down.

Originally posted by guardian
                                                                  It had been flying 1,000ft above restricted airspace, according to the European air traffic control body. Eurocontrol said Ukrainian authorities had banned aircraft from flying at 32,000ft or below and the doomed aircraft had been cruising at 33,000ft – however this apparently still left it within range of the sophisticated surface-to-air weaponry that pro-Russia forces have been using recently in the Ukraine conflict. All civilian flights have now been barred from the area of eastern Ukraine.
                                                                  Seems pretty reckless to be flying over a war zone

Comment

Say a little prayer between now and tomorrow afternoon to the Patron Saint of Travellers - Saint Christopher, in aid of our CHD who will be traversing his typical save haven of Bray, boldly going further along the Dart line until he reaches the city center of our national capital to go watch lads get weighed.
                                                                    God speed CHD. Send us a few yo's to let us know you are alive.
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Guys (and its always a guy) getting shoes shined at the airport shoe shine are the but worst. Subhuman scum.
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                        I didn't think anyone had the technology to drop a plane at 10,000m with a ground missile. That would be some next level shit
                                                                        What a strange thing to guess about. Have you not even seen top gun? (I know its air to air but that makes it more complicated not less so).

I would imagine its a lot easier to hit a civilian plane flying in a straight line than a fighter jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Explain yourself young man. I will go easy on you due to your Pho tip.
                                                                          I tell you what's extremely instructive to observe:

(1) the reaction in the West Bank (what are they saying to their Palestinian brothers? Essentially 'GTFO'.)
                                                                          (2) the reaction in the Arab world (Egypt for example have said they hold Hamas responsible for the Israeli incursion).

Hamas are beyond the pale of everybody.
                                                                          The point is that they launch hundreds of (admittedly ineffective) missiles at Israel, hide their activity in densely populated civilian areas and refuse to accept outside mediation.

Israel accepted the Egyptian ceasefire. Those kids would be alive now if Hamas had done likewise.
                                                                          Pho really is quite good. I'm trying to convince the boys here to come with me today. One suffers from Tipp86 Syndrome and most of the rest are from Cork/Clare and refuse to eat anything non white.

Israel though. I don't know how anyone objective to the whole situation can't support Palestine.

I think people if they really want it should be allowed to choose their own prison, be it a religious prison, cultural prison or otherwise. Palestine don't have that luxury. They aren't allowed choose who keeps them locked up, banned from travel, hungry, thirsty and without power.

Hamas are absolutely beyond the pale like you say, but what other choice have the palestinians really got to fight back? You can say they are medieval, but look where they are expected to live... it IS medieval, and for one reason alone, Israel.

All the talk of ceasefire is pretty disingeuous aswell, if we are to really think about the whole thing, there is always a ceasefire, Hamas are effectively throwing rocks at Israel. No matter what happens there will never be peace there unless the power balance is evened out. Israel have no reason or benefit to give ground, and Hamas are fighting to gain some leverage.
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                            Guys (and its always a guy) getting shoes shined at the airport shoe shine are the but worst. Subhuman scum.
                                                                            Why?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Some weather out there
                                                                                  Proper hairy drive to work this morning. N7 got battered. Thunder, lightning, torrential rain, the lot.

There is a strong feeling of 'end of the world' in me this morning with all thats going on.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Airport shoe shines are the worst alright. Prices too high and they always do a shit job coz they know they won't see you again. Hotel shoes shines or kids in India do a much better job. Lovely buffing.
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ah heyor, that was part of my holiday routine for a while.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Great weather out there today........For the ducks!
                                                                                        take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

Spitshine Zoddy they use to call him.

Comment

Airport shoe shines are the worst alright. Prices too high and they always do a shit job coz they know they won't see you again. Hotel shoes shines or kids in India do a much better job. Lovely buffing.
                                                                                            He was criticising the shinee, not the shiner. Dunno why though, I think he's talking bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                              Glyn, would you feel the comparisons (of Gaza) to the Warsaw ghetto made in this blog post are close?
                                                                                              Not at all. The Gaza Strip has its own elected government and is not under occupation. It's extremely offensive to compare Israel to Nazi Germany, for all the obvious reasons.

Bock is another 'useful idiot'.

Is this a form of Godwin's Law?
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The Duke don't roll on Shabas.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                  Pho really is quite good. I'm trying to convince the boys here to come with me today. One suffers from Tipp86 Syndrome and most of the rest are from Cork/Clare and refuse to eat anything non white.

Israel though. I don't know how anyone objective to the whole situation can't support Palestine.

I think people if they really want it should be allowed to choose their own prison, be it a religious prison, cultural prison or otherwise. Palestine don't have that luxury. They aren't allowed choose who keeps them locked up, banned from travel, hungry, thirsty and .....
                                                                                                  You are completely wrong and yet another one who gets his history from last night's news.

The Palestinian's current situation is largely self-inflicted. Arafat had a deal twenty years ago and chose to destroy it.

tipp86 syndrome. I like that though.

Comment

Not at all. The Gaza Strip has its own elected government and is not under occupation. It's extremely offensive to compare Israel to Nazi Germany, for all the obvious reasons.

Bock is another 'useful idiot'.

Is this a form of Godwin's Law?
                                                                                                    A more apt comparison for Israel is like a highly militarised apartheid South Africa.

To be fair though Israel has every right to be paranoid as hell about its security. Doesn't make what they are doing even remotely excusable but there's no point having this discussion without recognising the underlying motivators.
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I tell you what's extremely instructive to observe:

(1) the reaction in the West Bank (what are they saying to their Palestinian brothers? Essentially 'GTFO'.)
                                                                                                      (2) the reaction in the Arab world (Egypt for example have said they hold Hamas responsible for the Israeli incursion).

Hamas are beyond the pale of everybody.
                                                                                                      These things are all true ... We're in agreement that Hamas are a vile organisation, and if I had loved ones I'd be furious at hamas for provoking israel. But my initial point still stands ... the Israeli response is completely over the top and affecting many more civilians than combatants.

Comment

You are completely wrong and yet another one who gets his history from last night's news.

The Palestinian's current situation is largely self-inflicted. Arafat had a deal twenty years ago and chose to destroy it.

tipp86 syndrome. I like that though.
                                                                                                        nm. I honestly don't want to get into it. We shall discuss over a bowl of pho at some other time.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Theresa; 18-07-14, 08:07. Reason: Fooook it.

Comment

5 month old baby killed by a tank in gaza, and another hospital shelled:

An intense bombardment; the power is switched off; then Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sends his troops in to tackle Hamas fighters on the ground

Certainly not the fault of the IDF

Comment

The point is that they launch hundreds of (admittedly ineffective) missiles at Israel, hide their activity in densely populated civilian areas and refuse to accept outside mediation.
                                                                                                            Such a bizarre argument I'm seeing from pro Israelis where I just don't believe they would make the same argument in any similar situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                              A more apt comparison for Israel is like a highly militarised apartheid South Africa.
                                                                                                              Obviously it's highly militarised but I don't think that's an apt comparison.
                                                                                                              There are external similarities - it is surrounded by neighbours that are unfriendly, some of whom actively promote armed struggle against it.
                                                                                                              Internally, not at all. South Africa legally codified racism whereas you will find people of all colours and faiths in Israel's parliament and institutions. A vibrant press (much more so than here). Israel is one of the most multicultural countries in the world.

Originally posted by Kayroo
                                                                                                              To be fair though Israel has every right to be paranoid as hell about its security.
                                                                                                              Of course they do. Given the history, it's hardly surprising that they choose retaliation in overwhelming force as the default option.

Comment

Fuck that. Do it properly if you're going to do it at all. Too important to be outsourcing...
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                                                                  But my initial point still stands ... the Israeli response is completely over the top and affecting many more civilians than combatants.
                                                                                                                  So, knowing that Israel will inevitably respond to attack in this manner, why do Hamas\IJ provoke this response?

Why indeed?

Comment

So, knowing that Israel will inevitably respond to attack in this manner, why do Hamas\IJ provoke this response?

Why indeed?
                                                                                                                    Because they're nutcase fundamentalists. Thought we'd already established that? The presence of said nutcase fundamentalists doesn't legitimise the indiscriminate bombardment of a civilian population with nowhere to run.

Comment

I find it peculiar to have staunch support for either side tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                        So do people think that July 17th 2014 could go down in history as quite an important date?
                                                                                                                        Poor Merkel must have had her birthday ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          I find it peculiar to have staunch support for either side tbh.
                                                                                                                          Not much public support for Hamas or IDF, I think one problem is seeing it as just those two sides.

Which is what this Israeli MP does

I can no longer stand by while Israeli politicians like Ayelet Shaked condone the deaths of innocent Palestinian women and children

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X