This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    You'd be helping me out if you indicated at least some welling up during the last half hour.
    I am afraid I didn't so you will have to ask yourself some hard hitting questions, my effeminate friend.
    It's strange, I usually am very emotional for this kinda stuff, must have been the bottle of wine beforehand, I was having too good of a day, I'll cry on a rewatch don't worry. Most people were sitting there unmoving until the end of the credits, I assume they were pulling it together. Great flick!

May I suggest grave of the fireflies if you want to feel even worse as a cartoon makes you cry. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095327/
    It is set in Japan in WWII and is semi-autobiographical. I had no idea what it was about beforehand so it really got me, it is haunting. One of the best films you'll never want to watch again.
    Now you can come back and say you felt nothing.
    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-09-15, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
      I can't beelieve that.
      probably just a spoof, your man gets a buzz from winding people up

Comment

Heartless Vegan

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
          Thread removed - cliffs?

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
            Thread removed - cliffs?
            Woman gets stung by a bee in Lidl. Husband tells tale of woe on Boards wanting to know if they're entitled to compensation. As he gives more details it becomes clearer and clearer that this guy is a raving lunatic who embaressed himself in public and the penny hasn't dropped yet.

Shame it was deleted. The inevitable dogpile would have been great popcorn.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just saw a man get slashed from his shoulder to his arse on o Connell street 3 inch wide wound down his whole back. Not a cop in site

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                Just saw a man get slashed from his shoulder to his arse on o Connell street 3 inch wide wound down his whole back. Not a cop in site
                Jesus that is pretty shocking. Was it an innocent civilian like myself or junkie/dealer fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                  They need to put a wall around that Street and cover it over
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                    Jesus that is pretty shocking. Was it an innocent civilian like myself or junkie/dealer fighting
                    He looked rough English guy was horrible wound put me off my lunch. Only thing down the back no vital organs. He remained remarkably calm I asked him will I ring an ambulance security in supermacs had one in the way. Two fat police women on bikes eventually turned up assailant well gone,

Comment

Is that you Roy?

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I know a few people here were reading these at the time, so good news that at last Robert Harris' final Cicero book appears to be nearing completion.

It's slated for release in a month - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dictator-Rob...=robert+harris

First chapter can be read here also - http://summerofpenguin.com/2015-08-1...s-ancient-rome

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                          Must be about 10 years out with Mullers DOB too. Soon all we'll be left to read is Joe.ie type rehashes of someone else's rehash of a Chinese whisper.

Comment

Punting a 3-1 win for us tonight.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Could someone put the following in a random order for me please?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                Could someone put the following in a random order for me please?

Comment

You call that random.

pfft.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    Saw Me, Earl and the Dying Girl last night, was excellent.
                                    Any of the theatre heads recommend something on atm or soon?
                                    By the bog of cats any good?
                                    By the Bog of Cats would not be everyone's cup of tea, and even for those whose cup of tea it is it's still not great.

The Fringe festival starts today ( www.fringefest.com/#date ). Without reviews it's a bit of a gamble, speaking of which one of the Show in a Bag plays (where an actor works on creating a smaller play with Fishamble) is about the world of gambling called Sure Thing ( http://www.fringefest.com/festival/whats-on/sure-thing ).

They are all cheap enough. I might pop along to something tonight. Then the main theatre festival is coming up in a few weeks and you might want to see The Night Alive - Conor McPerson's new play, A View from the Bridge by Arthur Miller if you haven't seen it, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time if you can get tickets is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                      You call that random.

pfft.
                                      Ghostface had a gun to my head...

Republic of Ireland XI v Georgia; Given, Coleman, O'Shea, Clark, Brady, McCarthy, Whelan, Hoolahan, Hendrick, Walters, Keane

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Ghostface had a gun to my head...

Republic of Ireland XI v Georgia; Given, Coleman, O'Shea, Clark, Brady, McCarthy, Whelan, Hoolahan, Hendrick, Walters, Keane
                                        It's strange cause last night I read BBV from this time last year and gface asked the same thing and I did it and had some serious sciencey theory stuff to say about randomness.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                          It's strange cause last night I read BBV from this time last year
                                          You should do a 'this week in BBV history' section every Sunday like in the newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            You should do a 'this week in BBV history' section every Sunday like in the newspapers.
                                            Reeling in the BBV.

Comment

Quick question regarding Visa contactless payment I assumed there was a limit of €15 to a transaction but paid for dinner in Barcelona the other night €75 and the waitress just pinged my card as it was done, tweeted at BOI but kept getting "Hi, Visa has set a limit of €15, any transaction which exceeds this amount should be processed by Chip and PIN. Thanks ^SL" when trying to inquire why/how? Anybody have similar?
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                yes, more of this, everyone should post their fav mug
                                                New novelty mug

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                  Quick question regarding Visa contactless payment I assumed there was a limit of €15 to a transaction but paid for dinner in Barcelona the other night €75 and the waitress just pinged my card as it was done, tweeted at BOI but kept getting "Hi, Visa has set a limit of €15, any transaction which exceeds this amount should be processed by Chip and PIN. Thanks ^SL" when trying to inquire why/how? Anybody have similar?
                                                  Sounds dodgy m8. Keep an eye out for unexpected transactions over the next few days.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                    Sounds dodgy m8. Keep an eye out for unexpected transactions over the next few days.
                                                    Yes. And Barca hookers are not included.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Neuer doing his best to give Scotland a point here.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Ireland as shit as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          Ireland as shit as ever.
                                                          We're just toying with them biding our time

Comment

We're just toying with them biding our time
                                                            Dunphy looking suspiciously healthy and non-seedy. WTF?
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Although 8/1 on Georgia to sneak a win is tempting

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Dunphy looking suspiciously healthy and non-seedy. WTF?
                                                                Joys closed about 18 months ago

Comment

You say pinged, What do you mean by that?

Was the transaction processed? I mean is the charge showing up on your recent transactions?

Unless there is some special limit for your card its impossible to do a contactless transaction for more than the lowest limit setfor it. AFAIK no Bank have a limit >€50

If the chaqrge has gone through its probable that the transaction was done by magnetic swipe, that shouldn't be a worry for you. Its unusual that there would be non chip transactions processed by a spanish bank but if they do its their problem not yours.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

jesus this is awful stuff
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If scotland end up taking points from germany and we cant get 3 from this its not good.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                        The duration and extent of the bodily collapse for one relatively mild night out these days is just unreasonable.
                                                                        How old are you..? This happened me quite suddenly at 25. I soldiered on til 27 or 28 but then more or less gave up drinking. (Slightly ironically I'm drinking right now but just one day is over beer)

Comment

Great goal
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Did DP miss it fixing the site ? ?
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I thought it was €15.

Just on this. I was looking at the titanium pop up wallets for cards to stop theft on contactless cards. Had been hearing about scams set up to basically take 15 off cards as you walk by etc and was going to get Tony one in case. They are expensive enough but if it is easily scammed then it would be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                How old are you..? This happened me quite suddenly at 25. I soldiered on til 27 or 28 but then more or less gave up drinking. (Slightly ironically I'm drinking right now but just one day is over beer)
                                                                                I more or less gave up drinking beer and that sorted me out. Wine and spirits now fulfill most of my alcohol needs. I make an exception when in Belgium.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Jesus just man up Keane. Embrace the hangovers and dread of what the fuck happened last night.
                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I feel i am in that very lucky bunch of hangovers, the one that gets better as the day goes on.

Hell would be the group the get worse.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Was wrecked tired when I got into Joburg last night after 12 hour middle seat flight with no wifi or powerpoints and ended up left standing for an hour at the airport by the hotel.

Hotel is a nightmare, one problem after another this morning it had got ridiculous so I told them to fuck off that I would be finding another hotel to stay in for the rest of the week despite the event I'm doing being held there.
                                                                                      I had to go out for the day so I booked an uber and told him to meet me at the main gate... thats was when I found out that there is a strike on and half the staff of the hotel are outside on the street rioting and blocking all the exits

It was mostly comical the hotel had mobs of security people at the gates and the strikers were singing and dancing and having the craic but later there was a bit of stone throwing.

Ended up moving hotels tonight but tbh it was less about the strike than the pisspoor wifi, general incompetence and shittiness of the place.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                        I thought it was €15.

Just on this. I was looking at the titanium pop up wallets for cards to stop theft on contactless cards. Had been hearing about scams set up to basically take 15 off cards as you walk by etc and was going to get Tony one in case. They are expensive enough but if it is easily scammed then it would be worth it.
                                                                                        You will find nice "mala" ones on amazon that at least actually looks like wallets.
                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Huge goal for the North

Comment

If ever there was an desire in the irish camp it is now, we could qualify.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              If ever there was an desire in the irish camp it is now, we could qualify.
                                                                                              Dunphy thinks we can bate Germany, hmmm.

Comment

Dunphy thinks we can bate Germany, hmmm.
                                                                                                Yeah and then says they're a poor side. He was doing so well.

Comment

Half an hour of après match. Stenson and Fowler having a ding dong battle. New episode of show me a hero. Overload
                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Narcos finale about to go.

I wonder did The Hacienda in Manchester get its name from Pablos ranch, ties in now but doubt it would have been common knowledge in the 80's ?
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                      Half an hour of après match. Stenson and Fowler having a ding dong battle. New episode of show me a hero. Overload
                                                                                                      Hows show me a hero? Gonna finish Narcos and Power and tuck into it then.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Narcos finale about to go.

I wonder did The Hacienda in Manchester get its name from Pablos ranch, ties in now but doubt it would have been common knowledge in the 80's ?
                                                                                                        Hacienda is a generic Spanish word for a hut or ranch or something, so doubt it's related.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          Hows show me a hero? Gonna finish Narcos and Power and tuck into it then.
                                                                                                          Enjoying it so far. Polished off last 5 episodes of Narcos in work on Friday.
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Would Gibraltar really have been 33/1 to score, I'm struggling to see how any bookie would price it that big. (lad on boards has a 'both teams to score 33/1' screenshot).
                                                                                                            Major rick I'd have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                              Enjoying it so far. Polished off last 5 episodes of Narcos in work on Friday.
                                                                                                              Solid Friday
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Finkel - Why haven't you posted lately? I know you lurk but no posts.

Comment

Solid Friday
                                                                                                                    Had a meeting with one of the directors early, had to get my mrs to drop the little one to crèche and he pulled a sickie (not the first time). After I had spent 2 days getting his information ready. Worked out well though as I went home at 4 too.

Comment

Portmarnock Golf Club won't be happy after that Après Match.

Comment

I am #1 top singerMany thanks for the music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VJsKVCzzBw&hd=1
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Would Gibraltar really have been 33/1 to score, I'm struggling to see how any bookie would price it that big. (lad on boards has a 'both teams to score 33/1' screenshot).
                                                                                                                          Major rick I'd have thought.
                                                                                                                          Bet365 was 5/1 and the best price for that was 25/4 with 10bet/138.com

Sure 8-1 was only best price 55/1 ffs

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X